Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif

There are 1,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 29.
#1 4 years ago

hi all

i am over munsters. what a waste of a game. massive disappointment. total sh!t!!!!!! the game has everything to be great and what a pos for the code. nothing exciting nothing make u feel like you want to play more. hey finished level 1. oh great what does level 2 have. wtf its the same as level one. BS!!!!! wait every character is the same for shots major BS!!!!!! wth stern. a 5 year old could have made better rules than that sh!t!!!!

#2 4 years ago

So, how do you really feel? But this time, don't be so bashful...

#3 4 years ago

Well, 0.99 just dropped today? It will take Dwight another 3 years to finish it off though, so don't fret!

#4 4 years ago

It's fine for location game, but I feel bad for people that own it. Monster Bash has pretty simple rules, but it's still a total blast to play over and over again.. It's like something is really missing on the Munsters...

#5 4 years ago

Uh oh. Hope you got your suit on.

IMG_5131 (resized).JPGIMG_5131 (resized).JPG
#6 4 years ago

After 8 code updates it finally plays half as good as original release Star Trek

#7 4 years ago

Is it really that bad? I tend to like Dwight games, GB, SW, etc.

#8 4 years ago

Agree! Terrible game

#9 4 years ago

Well didn’t they tell you this pretty much from the first video?

Dwight: Hey it’s basic as F but some people don’t like deep code bla bla bla.

Reminds me of Jetsons.

#10 4 years ago

its garbage code. herman. ramps and orbits, grandpa ramps and orbits, spot left ramp, raven ramps and orbits, lilly just hit anything. its worse than jetsons, its the worse code period. SW was fun and deep. munsters is sh!t!!!!!!! what a waste of my money. i cant wait to get rid of this turd of a game.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

its garbage code. herman. ramps and orbits, grandpa ramps and orbits, spot left ramp, raven ramps and orbits, lilly just hit anything. its worse than jetsons, its the worse code period. SW was fun and deep. munsters is sh!t!!!!!!! what a waste of my money. i cant wait to get rid of this turd of a game.

I'll give ya 10 bucks for it.

#12 4 years ago

And this is why you play games before you buy them...or if the code is incomplete, that you let the code get to a state that you would be happy with before you buy it.

#13 4 years ago

I don't feel that way at all.

#14 4 years ago

Agreed I feel like this game has everything great art, good LCD, great theme, and decent layout but the code is just too simple and it doesn't give you the urge to play it again. I also wish Dwight would go finish the Ghostbusters code at least fix some of the bugs.

#15 4 years ago

I like it. Maybe it's just not for you? Doesn't mean it's "total shit".

I don't care for rule sets so deep that I have to play the game 100's of times before I begin to understand it. Some people like to play pinball, not study rulesheets.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

You must hate every game from the 90's. Stern and Dwight made it pretty clear that this would be a much simpler coded game. I think its smart that they are offering all types of games to reach more people. Munsters is not for me and I agree with you that SW is great. There's a whole group of people that think the code on it is terrible though.

#17 4 years ago

i get that they simpler code. so i wasnt expecting bm66 level or SW level of deepness. this is a major step backwards. 80s level of code. hell 70s level of code. i shouldnt be able to see everything a game has to offer on 3 balls. game had the potential to be amazing. if i wanted 80s level of code i damn sure wouldnt have spent that money on a new game. i would have bought an early stern for way less money and with far less level of disappointment.

#18 4 years ago

Crap ton of Munsters for sale.

#19 4 years ago

stern could easily fix this. make a real set of rules. i will do it for them for free. Stern if your listening send me a PM. I will right up a real set of rules for this game.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe I won't start that "Wonka or Munsters?" thread after all.

#21 4 years ago

Maybe you should've played it before you bought it?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I noticed that today actually. Hmmm

#23 4 years ago

Interesting reading, Trying to learn. Code must be how the game reacts to different targets, ramps, or rollovers that are hit? So do manufactures have ways of downloading new or different codes directly into your games to change what it does? Can people write their own codes?

#24 4 years ago

It would be cool if Stern gave you the choice for multiple rule sets in one game.. one could be classic oldschool style rules like it is currently and then develop is really in depth one and then you can just choose which one you want to play.

#25 4 years ago

Is Who-dey okay?

#26 4 years ago

still a dream theme for me, great art and layout
if they can improve the code I would be a buyer

I don't mind a simpler game, IMDN is so deep and has so many rules I will never finish it and still trying to conquer TWD
So, more approachable is fine, but there does need to be something more to it for the home buyer

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

i get that they simpler code. so i wasnt expecting bm66 level or SW level of deepness. this is a major step backwards. 80s level of code. hell 70s level of code. i shouldnt be able to see everything a game has to offer on 3 balls. game had the potential to be amazing. if i wanted 80s level of code i damn sure wouldnt have spent that money on a new game. i would have bought an early stern for way less money and with far less level of disappointment.

Maybe you should have gotten a premium or LE?

Did you change factory settings? Add a ball saver? Make it easier? This game needs to be set up tough and brutal. Maybe open the outlanes? It’s not supposed to be a long player like BM66 & SW.

#28 4 years ago
mun_herm2.gifmun_herm2.gif
#29 4 years ago

Paging @who-dey.....Munsters better than BK3?

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did you change factory settings? Add a ball saver? Make it easier? This game needs to be set up tough and brutal. Maybe open the outlanes? It’s not supposed to be a long player like BM66 & SW.

setting it up steep, outlanes or playing with your eyes closed doesnt make the code better. its still the same shots over and over. nothing feels different or even a drive to play it again. IMdn code is chopping wood. Same crap. Never put a number to anything you have to hit. it makes the game turn into.... oh i need 8 ramps oh i need 10 orbits. so on and so on. no desire or want to complete anything other than oh i have to hit so many ramps. I can rant on and on on why IMdn suxs too. I am not a point chaser and that doesnt drive me to play a game or spend my money.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

setting it up steep, outlanes or playing with your eyes closed doesnt make the code better. its still the same shots over and over. nothing feels different or even a drive to play it again. IMdn code is chopping wood. Same crap. Never put a number to anything you have to hit. it makes the game turn into.... oh i need 8 ramps oh i need 10 orbits. so on and so on. no desire or want to complete anything other than oh i have to hit so many ramps. I can rant on and on on why IMdn suxs too. I am not a point chaser and that doesnt drive me to play a game or spend my money.

The code on Munsters is still better than 95% of all 90's games. The game kind of reminds me of a modern version of Scared Stiff. Definitely a game you need to setup in a challenging manner.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

You’re not really helping your credibility here. IMDN is pretty intense and amazing code/rules. There’s more to do than hit x amount of ramps/orbits/spinners/targets/etc... that is just a side objective. Even Keith Elwin said it in an interview, he wanted something rewarding to give the player for hitting a shot even if you’re not in a mode to hit that shot. So you got breadth spread all over the place with IMDN.

Here’s a suggestion; and I don’t know if Munsters is the same, but i know IMDN has a million adjustments. Go into your feature adjustments and start tweaking rules to your liking. I had to do this for both IMDN and SW.

#33 4 years ago

The game is not going to change significantly so you have 2 options:
- learn to love it
- sell it

You won't like every game made. Play games before buying and it helps to lessen the chance that you take when buying a game. Sell it and let someone else enjoy it and get something else. Don't get mad, just move on. This is supposed to be a fun hobby. If you are not happy with a game, get rid of it.

Quoted from busa32927:

#34 4 years ago

I installed HARD on my game...
Mi have not got to MM yet! The lack of ball save is kicking my butt..

#35 4 years ago

Couldn't agree more...and I loved Dwight's work on Star Wars.

My gut said something was wrong when the team bragged about the coolness of not having a ball save during the reveal. That's a "big idea"? Odd

I've owned 40-50 games over the years and Munsters was sold after 30 games or so. Never happened before...most games last at least a year typically (even AP, JP, Sopranos lasted longer).

Cool license/show, lame game. Complete dud. Fortunately, Stern kicked butt on the KISS 1.4 update (after keeping us hanging for 3 years)...the rules/mb's on KISS rock now. What a great game!

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

I like my IMDN Premium 10x more than Munsters. Took 1 months to fully "dial in", but the flow is among the best of any Stern.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

[quoted image]

Best post today

#38 4 years ago

Not the "worst code ever". Some may feel that way.. some like myself do not. I am not a competitive player...I admittedly suck at pinball, and I will bet of all of the flippers going in a day, 95% of the players are just like me. I like the simplicity....I get lost in my BM66 and get frustrated fast. At TPF I sat at dinner with some route operators Friday night and Munsters was earning well, so for them it was a hit. Not every theme is for everyone. I have had a Black Knight and Black Knight 2000 and didn't like either one of them enough I never gave the new BK a second look. Just personal taste...and thank god we all are different...this way I get to pick up cheap pins...lol

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Even set up tough and brutal, all you've done is made a repetitive, relatively shallow game brutal, which is even less reason to play it. MORE reasons to play it are needed, not less. The code base is so thin on Munsters it's almost not there at all, and there are annoying "featured" pauses in the gameplay like Dragula countdown which gets VERY old VERY fast. This game's earnings died fast on route once the VERY CASUAL players at the location it was at figured out what it had to offer. Our quickest in and gone pin ever at less than 6 weeks.

We'll see how it looks a year from now, but if someone wants a new pin, I would NOT recommend Munsters. Get a Deadpool Premium - THAT machine is now a choice purchase after languishing with crappy, incomplete code for like 6 months post-launch. Stern has established a pattern of crappy code at launch, maybe fun a year or more later, so this Munsters terrible code should be no surprise. It's literally almost equal to the sad state Batman '66 launched in and was stuck with for 18 months.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Stern kicked butt on the KISS 1.4 update (after keeping us hanging for 3 years)...the rules/mb's on KISS rock now. What a great game!

This is for OP, not you, by the way.

And so Munsters owners need only wait, what? 3 years? and then they get a good game!? GB has waited 2+ so far. Do I smell a pattern here? Munsters is fun to play now in a mix of other machines in a collection, and the code will improve if you wait. Sell it to someone who will if you can’t. This is supposed to be fun after all, and you sound like you have bitter beer face when you walk up to you Munsters. And if the NIB sting of the hit you take to sell it is too painful, well then don’t do that next time.

#41 4 years ago

i am going to play deadpool this weekend and will probably be dumping Munsters as fast as i can. I agree with KISS code. It is a lot of fun now. If stern can fix it in the next decade i will play munsters again. but after this weekend i will fold it up and sell it.

#42 4 years ago

Why are people paying 7000+ on a game without evening playing it first. Don't bet on munsters code ever being finished becouse we all know who is working on it.

#43 4 years ago

Vireland and I agree sometimes and sometimes we do not. All of what he says could be true, but it doesn't change the fact I have 6 pins in my basement and the Munsters and GB are the 2 pins that get the most play 5 to 1 when the neighborhood folks stop by to "chat". WOZ sits there really pretty, but most don't know what to shoot for, and Batman confuses the hell out of everyone. Sometimes the builders have to pander to us chimp-flippers........

#44 4 years ago

Stop buying new/newer Sterns and you wont have this problem.

#45 4 years ago

I played munsters at the Ohio show, and I am already bored of it. I am glad I did not waste money on that game.

#46 4 years ago

Game definitely needs PreLe to add variety. It’s a completely different game. Can’t imagine Grampa being the same mode as everything else.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Why are people paying 7000+ on a game without evening playing it first. Don't bet on munsters code ever being finished becouse we all know who is working on it.

Even I flipped MBrLE at Expo before buying, even though I knew what the game was like already. It is an $8K+ purchase.

Has anyone ever bought a home stereo for $8k without listening to it first?!?

#48 4 years ago

OP should look for AFM a much better game.

#49 4 years ago

I played it first. enjoyed the code with hopes of it getting better. stayed flat.

#50 4 years ago

I hate all of the MM, CV, MB, CC, AFM era of games. those games are not for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.