D958AB2D-E89C-496A-B71A-2C106AFF2571 (resized).jpeg
7BB8F703-A4AA-490F-83EA-E7629CCB40B2 (resized).jpeg
0437F7E5-22DA-4615-84AA-001F4744BA2F (resized).jpeg
0C432738-6432-49AD-86E2-5ABA29CC92F2 (resized).jpeg
721EFEBA-D393-41A6-8AAA-FF2869011F7E (resized).jpeg
9A1D077F-DDE8-4304-826C-955D928999E2 (resized).jpeg
1FDD2456-6CB8-4545-B79B-59F6C1B61BC4 (resized).jpeg
085A2379-3C4D-48EB-A10A-46AEB38EA97C (resized).jpeg
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Is the Premium PF only in gray scale?

Yes

Unless no one buys it

Then there will be a color version suddenly

However, IMO, the greyscale is cool looking & it certainly does the theme great justice.

This is somewhat how I pictured a Three Stooges pin. Ahhh, one can dream. Stern should hire me as a consultant for that one. Wild Hyacinth multiball, wise guy mini wizard, spell NYUK to light lock.

#202 5 years ago

Are all three models shipping at the same time or will Stern stagger their release starting with the Pro, then LE and last, the Prem?

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Are all three models shipping at the same time or will Stern stagger their release starting with the Pro, then LE and last, the Prem?

Pretty sure the later is their shipping model.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yes
Unless no one buys it
Then there will be a color version suddenly
However, IMO, the greyscale is cool looking & it certainly does the theme great justice.

I like the gray scale cabinet art and back glass but I think the gray scale PF is too much gray. At least from the pics it looks like a lot of gray.

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I like the gray scale cabinet art and back glass but I think the gray scale PF is too much gray. At least from the pics it looks like a lot of gray.

Just imagine it during gameplay, though. All color inserts, green peppered in the GI, colored flashers. It's really going to come to life and feel colorful while playing. Not sure if you saw the Twitch stream, but when Spot pops up, he breathes fire which makes an "animated" fire effect with the inserts on the playfield...the colored "fire" of the LEDs is gonna pop so well on the B&W art.

#206 5 years ago

The premium is awesome, I will pick one up later this year

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The premium is awesome, I will pick one up later this year

Really digging the LE and grabbed one today!

#208 5 years ago

why does the LE not show what Backglass it gets . or is it like Star Wars LE , You get them all?

#209 5 years ago

I see the TFTC ramp made it, cool.

The mini PF having a multiball is awesome.

Are there modes where both PF’s operate simultaneously? Dual PF single ball modes & dual PF multiball modes are a must IMO.

#210 5 years ago

Wow, that was quick!

PS: Prices are in AUD$

3079E377-64AA-42CB-9CAD-80694543AA21 (resized).jpeg3079E377-64AA-42CB-9CAD-80694543AA21 (resized).jpeg
#211 5 years ago

One more stream from CES on the Pro tomorrow, then a controlled stream (Thursday) from Stern HQ with direct audio and video with Dwight, the programmer. ❤️❤️

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

why does the LE not show what Backglass it gets . or is it like Star Wars LE , You get them all?

This is the LE cabinet and translite art package (provided to me by Cointaker)

C1EDBC28-E84A-4BD3-B691-04FB9598525E (resized).jpegC1EDBC28-E84A-4BD3-B691-04FB9598525E (resized).jpeg

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I see the TFTC ramp made it, cool.
The mini PF having a multiball is awesome.
Are there modes where both PF’s operate simultaneously? Dual PF single ball modes & dual PF multiball modes are a must IMO.

And the left ramp, multiball toy position and jets.. Mini playfield is great but it still could be considered a rehash? Not too fussed myself since TFTC was a great game.

#214 5 years ago

Thanks Dave, So only the one.
You get the pro Artwork on the Side of the cabinet so it is almost like you get the Pro art backglass anyway.
Oh whom ever said the GOT prem Blue was to much ,i dissagree and wish i could buy a pro with the Blue PF

#215 5 years ago

Also

Even if this game isn’t your cup of tea ya gotta admit this may be the most legit pinball reveal in history.

Real next level shit. The “stage” area is awesome. Stern staff in costume, damn, that’s cool. Clean professional video stream on day one, noiyce. Stern factory trailer video. High res pics a plenty. All 3 models on display? For fcks sake. I don’t always jerk off the Stern camp, not at all, but they deserve it on this launch.

#216 5 years ago

Where is this from? This would be good as the Premium translite but it’s different that what is shown on the wide shot of the Premium.

EF47A1DC-7F1F-4FC5-8175-01808F01FE30 (resized).jpegEF47A1DC-7F1F-4FC5-8175-01808F01FE30 (resized).jpeg
#217 5 years ago

The good and bad is that it is very similar to MM and Monster Bash with a lower playfield.

#218 5 years ago

For reals

I gotta know

Do both PF’s ever run simultaneously?

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Thanks Dave, So only the one.
You get the pro Artwork on the Side of the cabinet so it is almost like you get the Pro art backglass anyway.
Oh whom ever said the GOT prem Blue was to much ,i dissagree and wish i could buy a pro with the Blue PF

I'm confident that the (mirrored glass) LE backglass, as well as the LE's total art package, look even more bitchin' in person! AND ... I'll take the Dragula on the backglass rather than the side of the cabinet every day and twice on Sunday!

#220 5 years ago

wow looks great.

I didn't follow all the news who is the designer and who is the code team?

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Where is this from? This would be good as the Premium translite but it’s different that what is shown on the wide shot of the Premium.
[quoted image]

That's part of the Prem side art.

#222 5 years ago

Every time I see a post where someone starts a rant about "wow, 2 ramps, 1 scoop, etc. etc." I don't know if I can roll my eyes hard enough. You start comparing it to other 'layouts' and how it's the 'same' as another game - you are ignorant. You realize that there is PHYSICAL limitations to pinball, right? Not just above the PF, but below as well. Certain shots may be similar to other games, and the reason behind that is that they 'work'. There really are so many combinations and layouts that can physically be possible. Anything can easily be simplified to sound mundane. The variations to these are what makes them unique though. I could simplify sex by using some of your logic. "Oh, wow. That guy is putting his d*** inside of her. BORING!" Hence why there are so many 'variations' to sex to make it more interesting, but to base your opinion on how the game has stuff that other games have in the most simplistic form is just ignorant.

On another note: The games look great. Premium is my favorite. Can't wait to play it so I can make a more informed opinion on it.

#223 5 years ago

Marilyn or Mary-Anne?

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

wow looks great.
I didn't follow all the news who is the designer and who is the code team?

John Borg and Dwight Sullivan

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I would gladly trade my Rob Zombie for a Pro of this... I suspect the man himself will buy one and like it more too (also Elvira 3).

I would gladly trade a Rob Zombie for a nice Raven...

#227 5 years ago

oldskool1969
Marilyn Munster....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Munster

#228 5 years ago

I prefer the premium art and so won't need to rush into it until it been out a while, will be following the reviews.

#229 5 years ago

Mary Anne reference is most likely from another far fetched sitcom here in the USA at a very,very close timeframe called Gilligans Island,the hottie in that was Mary ann
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Ann_Summers

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

The variations to these are what makes them unique though. I could simplify sex by using some of your logic. "Oh, wow. That guy is putting his d*** inside of her. BORING!" Hence why there are so many 'variations' to sex to make it more interesting, but to base your opinion on how the game has stuff that other games have in the most simplistic form is just ignorant.

Alright, I like this. It's the "sexument", which is much newer and fresher than the "cargument". Nice job Cap'n. kudos to you!

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

For reals
I gotta know

Someone mentioned they do in a multiball. Think that is why there is two flipper buttons. Trying to hit two sets of buttons at same time is going to be interesting.

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Every time I see a post where someone starts a rant about "wow, 2 ramps, 1 scoop, etc. etc." I don't know if I can roll my eyes hard enough. You start comparing it to other 'layouts' and how it's the 'same' as another game - you are ignorant. You realize that there is PHYSICAL limitations to pinball, right? Not just above the PF, but below as well. Certain shots may be similar to other games, and the reason behind that is that they 'work'. There really are so many combinations and layouts that can physically be possible. Anything can easily be simplified to sound mundane. The variations to these are what makes them unique though. I could simplify sex by using some of your logic. "Oh, wow. That guy is putting his d*** inside of her. BORING!" Hence why there are so many 'variations' to sex to make it more interesting, but to base your opinion on how the game has stuff that other games have in the most simplistic form is just ignorant.
On another note: The games look great. Premium is my favorite. Can't wait to play it so I can make a more informed opinion on it.

I absolutely agree that these games look great and the premium is my favorite as well. As for the rest, I seem to not be able to roll MY eyes hard enough. If Stern was the only company ever to exist, I might have to say, "Yeah, I can see that" as far as there only being so many combinations and layouts that can physically be possible. I think your argument falls apart though when you consider W/B games. From Addams to Creature, to White Water, to Twilight Zone, to Indy, to Shadow, to TOM, to TOTAN, to MM, to CV, to MB and most games in between, you never hear people saying that the games felt similar. Some may have had remotely similar layouts, but they were so packed with toys, gadgets, and things to do, no one ever noticed. With Stern, people notice. Why is that? First, it's because so many of their games are in fact so damn similar. Secondly, so many of them are so barren that the similarities really stand out.

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Someone mentioned they do in a multiball. Think that is why there is two flipper buttons. Trying to hit two sets of buttons at same time is going to be interesting.

I can confirm this. I watched it on Dead Flip's live stream. Both playfields were active at the same time at one point.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

For reals
I gotta know

Yes they do in Munster Madness multiball. Check out part 2 of the Deadflip stream at 1:21:00

Gotta say that Stern has really been on a roll lately!. If you're a Munsters fan this game looks like a slam dunk. They really nailed the art, sounds and overall theme. When Stern gets around to doing themes from late 70s and 80s my bank account is going to be hurting! I was born in 76 and remember watching the Munsters on occasion along with a slew of other B&W shows but don't really feel the nostalgia that I have for later shows. The Premium does look sick though!

#235 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There are three versions of The Munsters. Aside from each having distinct cabinet art, the Premium and Limited Edition versions contain some extra goodies under the glass; most significantly there's a sunken, mini-playfield under the center of the main playfield. It has miniature flippers, it's own tiny ramp and even a wireform with an upkicker. Stern's press release also points out the sunken playfield has its own multiball mode. The Pro mode does not have a sunken mini-playfield, but all three versions share the following features:
A left ramp that lifts up to reveal a Spot toy you can bash with the ball (Spot is the Munster family's pet dragon).
A right ramp that stern describes as a "turn-around, flip-up ramp".
A large Herman Munster with a magnet to catch and toss the ball around.
A "Zap" button.
A scoop with a built in metal protector (pinball owners will be relieved to hear this, these traditionally naked wood scoops are the main point of wear on many playfields).
Each version has unique cabinet art, but the Premium version has a full black-and-white art package.
The now-standard monitor in the backbox with custom graphics and scenes from The Munsters sitcom.
Watch the teaser for The Munsters Pinball below.
Limited edition production of 500 units.

The above quote, the op and the basis for this thread, was just copied and pasted from this article on IGN:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01/08/munsters-pinball-from-stern-first-hi-res-images-and-details

No link back. No quotation marks. This isn't a press release copied here, it's an article, with a byline.

Why do I care? Because that's my byline. I'm an active member of this community. It should be obvious, but I would really appreciate a link back and credit for the things I write when they are shared on Pinside. It's my job, and I take it as seriously as we all take this hobby. Thanks.

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I could simplify sex by using some of your logic. "Oh, wow. That guy is putting his d*** inside of her. BORING!"

Sexument, LOL... Is that a first on pinside?

I was disappointed by the layout, seems uninspired. Within the limitations there's always still room for variety and innovation.

Not a fan of mini-pinball either: buy a full scale pinball, get a free Zizzle included! No thanks... On the bright side, it makes the Pro seem like a better value.

Not on my radar as a purchase, but looking forward to play it.

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That is a black and white version of the pro translite which is also used as the side cabinet art on the premium. (just the name Munsters is shifted around)

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm prob gonna end up with a Premium, but I'm gonna wait and play it first.

Curious on your thoughts vs MBr: sounded like you may pick that one up too. What would you choose between this or that?

I thought Munsters was going to blow that away, but I think if I had to take one, I think it would be MBr. Definitely need to try Munsters first though.

#239 5 years ago

I don’t plan on owning one of theses but man, I must say we are all lucky to be in this pinball game right now! Amazing games just firing down the line.

As an artist I reapect what they did with the grey color scheme... it makes the colors that are there feel so saturated bright... very timeless. I’m a fan.

#240 5 years ago

Is the playfield window the same as AC/DC vault? Or has it been improved? The vaults I have played, these had a pretty disturbing effect on ball trajectory. I didn't notice this on the stream, which leads me to believe it's been improved? Anyone look closely?

#241 5 years ago

Batman ,,, I'm sorry , were gonna have to Lay U Off ,, the Munster's will B taking Yr Place ...

Excuse me ,, Just meSSing .... All the LE's are spoken 4 ................

It's Leaving !! (resized).jpgIt's Leaving !! (resized).jpgtha Bat phone (resized).jpgtha Bat phone (resized).jpg
#242 5 years ago

As an owner of FG and a big fan of other bagatelle-like mini games, like Big Guns, and bunch of way older pins, I think the mini playfield is a winner, especially with a multiball, a VUK, wireform, a plexi ramp, and independent flipper buttons. Stewie Pinball is a nice throwback to the mini games but it was also an inovation. It had a mini fan layout with a ramp and flippers, not just a kicker and a set of pins like most mini games on the old machines.

Would I have liked to see a full sized lower pf?, yes, but I also respect the amount of action you can generate by playing both tables at the same time just like FG, with the added bonus of independent flipper control. Let them save a little money on the lower pf, that doesn't bother a Family Guy (or Shrek) owner. I really want to play a Premium now, and if they tone back the laugh track, this may find its way into the collection. I can’t say it would look out of place sitting next to a MB, TAF, BSD, SS, Eatpm, TFTC, ACNC, RZ etc...

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

TL;DR - a quick opinion on how B/W kept each release pretty different.

This is NOT a direct personal attack; this is more of an observation I've made regarding limited space and B/W games.

Now, the LONGER post:

I dunno, man. B/W did a fantastic job at keeping it pretty varied. Sure, AFM and MM are similar, but let's name off some of their games as they progressed:

TAF --> CFTBL --> BSD --> ST:TNG --> WH2O --> TZ --> JD --> RS --> Corvette --> TS --> JM --> Congo --> AFM --> SS --> MM --> CV --> Champion Pub

Looking at this wide range of titles from 92 to 98, with my limited experience with each of them, all of these titles (with the exception of AFM vs MM) feel very different to me. For some differences:

1. Orbital lanes can vary depending on game (TZ vs WH20 vs SS for example) or don't even have them (looking at you BSD)
2. Pop bumper placement has some variance (BSD vs TAF vs TZ vs RS for example)
3. Ramps are all over the place (ST:TNG vs TS [4 total here if you include the diverters] vs Corvette vs WH2O vs CFTBL)
4. Toys (TAF vs Champion Pub vs BSD vs RS vs Corvette vs JD)
5. Upper playfields were unique (TS, TZ, WH2O, and punching bag on Champion Pub were all different)
6. Interactive ball elements/toys (BSD mist magnet, TAF Thing flipper, Ramp dump cradle on TZ, jump rope on Champion Pub, engine on Corvette, "hidden" pop bumper on CV, TS's ball lock, the Castle on MM)
7. Ball scoop placements (Renfield coop on BSD, close proximity of jackpot scoop on TZ, nearly up the middle on Corvette, middle back on ST: TNG, 2 locations on TAF)
8. Video modes were very different (AFM vs Corvette's Race shifting into gears vs JM "Go Grood" mode vs CFTBL's Peeping Tom Punchout vs Wolf shootout on BSD)
9. 3+ flippers and their placement (Corvette vs JD vs TZ vs TAF vs RS)
10. Very "one of a kind" modes (Strobe MB on AFM, the Powerball and getting it back to the Power on TZ, Seance on TAF)
11. Ball entrance to the PF (SS vs TZ vs ST:TNG [dat habit trail!] vs TS vs CC)
12. The inclusion of SOME non-licensed themes (AFM, MM, CV, Champion Pub, CC) or a license with a cool twist to them (MB stands out)

To me, B/W continually did different and unique things. Yeah, there are some things that seemed to never change: always a cluster of three (or more) pop bumpers SOMEWHERE on the PF, scoops started to happen near the middle more and more (AFM, CC, ST:TNG, Corvette), and some features were lost or nearly completely lost (spinners, kickback ball savers, roll-over star switches), but the sheer level of variances I've already mentioned more than make-up for it.

Again, not meant to be a personal attack. You spoke the words I knew would be inevitably coming sooner or later, and to me, B/W had an incredible amount of variance on a limited amount of space.

I will say that I do respect you made a comparison without using cars, so in that spirit, I'll use a candy comparison. Stern is like licorice: different colors but nearly the same taffy and rubbery flavor no matter what color. More and more with DP and Iron Maiden, that is finally starting to change. B/W is like Snickers, then M&Ms, then Skittles, then Butterfinger, then 3 Musketeers, then.... they always just seemed different to me. I didn't feel like I was "eating the same candy over and over".

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Stern is like licorice: different colors but nearly the same taffy and rubbery flavor no matter what color. B/W is like Snickers, then M&Ms, then Skittles, then Butterfinger, then 3 Musketeers, then.... they always just seemed different to me. I didn't feel like I was "eating the same candy over and over".

Some good analysis and fun metaphor. To be fair, some Stern machines feel like they carry on the B/W lineage: Ghostbusters (Premium especially) tastes like a delicious Baby Ruth to me: very different feel and fun features compared to many of their run-of-the-mill releases. The unique ones are too far and in between though. But surprising as it may be, this is actually by design! It's part of their development philosophy: if you haven't seen this...

http://gamertheory.com/2017/06/stern-pinball-believes-differentiation-happens-code-level-not-design/

#245 5 years ago

Bought my LE today. I was wondering on the side of the LE cabinet. The round picture frame,is that part of the decal or is it an acutual physical piece added to the cabinet?

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Bought my LE today. I was wondering on the side of the LE cabinet. The round picture frame,is that part of the decal or is it an acutual physical piece added to the cabinet?

This made me LOL...

I agree with your alias...

#247 5 years ago

I just played it at CES, it was one of the upper 2 versions, limited maybe. B&w backglass.

It was a super fun playing machine. Plenty to keep attention for a semi novice, but lots of good trickier shots plus the lower level with a second pair of flippers.

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

This made me LOL...
I agree with your alias...

I keep looking at it and I can’t tell. If that’s part of the decal, bravo. Looks 3 dimensional to me.

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

In person, the leds and color in art etc make it look amazing. Honestly it may be my fav, jack danger agreed.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

I keep looking at it and I can’t tell. If that’s part of the decal, bravo. Looks 3 dimensional to me.

I appreciate your refreshing innocence: it's a fun thought. No way if Stern did something like that they'd leave it off the feature matrix.

It's just decal artwork.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-with-pics/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.