(Topic ID: 224122)

Munsters vs Monsters (Bash) Which To Add to the Collection?

By Join_The_Cirqus

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by pinzone
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Munsters vs Monsters (Bash) Which To Add to the Collection?”

• Munsters 83 votes
    36%
  • Monster Bash 105 votes
    45%
  • Both 30 votes
    13%
  • None of The above 15 votes
    6%

(233 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 54 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

img_119830b_xl.jpg
img_119829b_xl.jpg
img_119828b_xl.jpg
img_119827b_xl.jpg
img_119826b_xl.jpg
img_119825b_xl.jpg
img_119824b_xl.jpg
img_119823b_xl.jpg
img_119822b_xl.jpg
img_119821b_xl.jpg
img_119820b_xl.jpg
img_119819b_xl.jpg
img_119818b_xl.jpg
img_119817b_xl.jpg
img_119816b_xl.jpg
img_119815b_xl.jpg

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 months ago

Munsters looks nice, but it has a long way to go to be in the same league as MB

#52 4 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Munsters looks nice, but it has a long way to go to be in the same league as MB

Hey come on now the pictures and a few videos have been up for like 10 hours, you need to pick a side!

#53 4 months ago

Yeah, 10 hours is plenty of time to decide...so I'll go with MBR and see what happens down the road. 2019 should be a great year.

#54 4 months ago

Why does that backbox look so unappealing?? It literally looks like, a box - you couldnt put a little angle on it or something? One of the things that really caught my eye about Houdini was the contour of the backbox, something that had been basically the same for half a century. All they did was cut a friggin piece of wood different.

Houdini (resized).jpgmunsters (resized).jpeg
#55 4 months ago

They used the exact same art from the Pro backglass/cabinet and just reversed the locations on the LE? lol.....cant get much lazier than that. What do you want for 9 grand tho.

#56 4 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

What do you want for 9 grand tho.

closer to ten grand now with tax.

#57 4 months ago

I really like the theme and game....I like the LE play field, and back glass, but can't stand the trim and cabinet artwork.....on the premium I love the cabinet art work, and back glass, but not sure about the B/W play field......

#58 4 months ago

I looked at my MB last night and looked at The Munsters Pro playfield. Am i the only one who thinks is a complete copy? Am i missing something here?

#59 4 months ago

I’d vote Munsters premium or pro. Need to play Munsters first but MB was never my game.

#60 4 months ago

I actually was going to buy both. I preordered both and secured both LE edition numbers I wanted months in advance. Then CGC implemented their new numbers matching program and I couldn't get the number I wanted so I canceled MBrLE...

#61 4 months ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I actually was going to buy both. I preordered both and secured both LE edition numbers I wanted months in advance. Then CGC implemented their new numbers matching program and I couldn't get the number I wanted so I canceled MBrLE...

What’s the big deal with a number? I don’t get it.

FE1294A2-7A48-4C07-972C-0AAE9DEFE445 (resized).jpegAFCA858C-E58B-47A0-BE43-A376BF19237C (resized).png
809FADD1-CE5D-4F17-A308-430D66F88EEE.jpeg

#62 4 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I looked at my MB last night and looked at The Munsters Pro playfield. Am i the only one who thinks is a complete copy? Am i missing something here?

IT's closer to a copy of MMr, but clearly this was built to directly compete with MB

#63 4 months ago

I've owned MB and played Munsters at CES, and I have to say they do resemble one another in many ways. The theme is similar, the layout is similar, the progression is similar etc. Of course Munsters has more modern Stern like rules, like levels and use of the lockbar button but effectively you collect monsters to get to the wizard mode. Yes, the Premium and LE has the lower pf but I didn't think it added that much and in fact liked the pro more as it had less stop and go. People often say MB has shallow rules, but if you put the nuances related to levels and playfield scoring aside it felt like Munsters had equally shallow if not even shallower rules. I'm not a great player but I made it to Munster Madness a few times, which is a lot relative to the number of games I played. Don't get me wrong, I liked playing the Munsters but when the newness of it wears away I'd say MB takes the win over it. As always, play first and then make up your own mind

#64 4 months ago

The Munsters with Green Convolux , green plaque -PRO Edition and speaker grill with green rings.

img_119806b_xl (resized).jpgimg_119807b_xl (resized).jpgimg_119808b_xl (resized).jpgimg_119809b_xl (resized).jpgimg_119810b_xl (resized).jpgimg_119811b_xl (resized).jpgimg_119812b_xl (resized).jpgimg_119813b_xl (resized).jpgimg_119814b_xl.jpgimg_119815b_xl.jpgimg_119816b_xl.jpgimg_119817b_xl.jpgimg_119818b_xl.jpgimg_119819b_xl.jpgimg_119820b_xl.jpgimg_119821b_xl.jpgimg_119822b_xl.jpgimg_119823b_xl.jpgimg_119824b_xl.jpgimg_119825b_xl.jpgimg_119826b_xl.jpgimg_119827b_xl.jpgimg_119828b_xl.jpgimg_119829b_xl.jpgimg_119830b_xl.jpg
1 month later
#65 80 days ago

I am getting a MBLE simply because I refuse to buy any new Stern games due to their code issues. You just never know what game they will abandon.

However, that being said the Munster really looks nice. And kudos to Stern for using bulbs in the GI so that you can get creative with your coloring as you modify the game. I think thats great of them. Many of these new games with nothing but bright white LED boards take away from the immersive experience of playing pinball in a dark room. Nice work Stern. I am sure they will sell real well.

1 week later
#66 71 days ago

I can't decide either. Looking for more opinions now that more games have been shipped.

#67 70 days ago

I played the Munsters pro and MBr LE I would get MB.

I have not played Munsters LE but my friend is getting one so I can judge the premium/LE version soon.

However I just did make a decision to get neither one buying STLE instead.

1 month later
#68 31 days ago

Any updates on recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I am planning on buying either a MBR SE or a Munsters Premium this Weekend. They both cost approximately the same amount. I have played neither these games. Munsters was one of my favorite shows as a child. Love the black and white artwork.
My biggest concern is the negative comments about shallow code and Dwights reputation for not polishing his games. I would assume at this point that
CGC has polished the Monster Bash, especially since it is a 20 year old game that had Lyman as lead programer. Anyone who has played , owns or has owned a Munsters and anyone who has played , owns or has owned the original or remake of Monster bash please free to help a brother decide. Thanks

#69 31 days ago

MBrSE is a beautiful game. I went with the Munsters Prem mainly due to having a MBrSE at the local arcade to play plus I was afraid that I'd get tired if it too quickly. I'm not saying that won't happen with Munsters. I guess that doesn't help you... LoL.

#70 31 days ago

Still REALLY liking my Munsters LE....a beautiful, fun game.....

#71 31 days ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Why does that backbox look so unappealing?? It literally looks like, a box - you couldnt put a little angle on it or something? One of the things that really caught my eye about Houdini was the contour of the backbox, something that had been basically the same for half a century. All they did was cut a friggin piece of wood different.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The back box is tin ! A little thicker then
A Coors Can ? With some real nice exterior bolts ! Oh my those are beautiful
They match the lockdown bar latches!
Home Depot specials . Bought n sold
My last one

#72 27 days ago

Monster bash has proven for decades to be a top machine, top five...Munsters will drop off the list as the newness wears off....

#73 27 days ago
Quoted from pinzone:

Any updates on recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I am planning on buying either a MBR SE or a Munsters Premium this Weekend. They both cost approximately the same amount. I have played neither these games. Munsters was one of my favorite shows as a child. Love the black and white artwork.
My biggest concern is the negative comments about shallow code and Dwights reputation for not polishing his games. I would assume at this point that
CGC has polished the Monster Bash, especially since it is a 20 year old game that had Lyman as lead programer. Anyone who has played , owns or has owned a Munsters and anyone who has played , owns or has owned the original or remake of Monster bash please free to help a brother decide. Thanks

I have played Munsters Pro many times on location. It was fun, but easy and repetitive. If you are really considering buying Munsters, I would highly recommend playing it first. It might be great for you, but I would not advise buying it without playing a few games yourself.

I ended up buying Monster Bash CE and love it. It is challenging for my skill level, but easy enough any skill level can walk up to it and have a good time. If I had to choose one without playing, no question it would be Monster Bash as it is a proven game.

#74 27 days ago

Thanks for the feedback, good and bad. I ordered a Monster Bash SE over the weekend! If major improvements are added to Munsters code in the future,
then I will add one of those down the road, AFTER I get a chance to play one local

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
8,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Canton, OH
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
8,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, OR
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside