(Topic ID: 224122)

Munsters vs Monsters (Bash) Which To Add to the Collection?

By Join_The_Cirqus

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by pinzone
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Munsters vs Monsters (Bash) Which To Add to the Collection?”

• Munsters 83 votes
    36%
  • Monster Bash 105 votes
    45%
  • Both 30 votes
    13%
  • None of The above 15 votes
    6%

(233 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 54 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

img_119830b_xl.jpg
img_119829b_xl.jpg
img_119828b_xl.jpg
img_119827b_xl.jpg
img_119826b_xl.jpg
img_119825b_xl.jpg
img_119824b_xl.jpg
img_119823b_xl.jpg
img_119822b_xl.jpg
img_119821b_xl.jpg
img_119820b_xl.jpg
img_119819b_xl.jpg
img_119818b_xl.jpg
img_119817b_xl.jpg
img_119816b_xl.jpg
img_119815b_xl.jpg

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 months ago

So many choices so little space ... ( Well No Space)

#2 8 months ago

Never thought I would be interested in Munsters, but this art is looking pretty damn amazing.
So I am full to Capacity, and Can add one only between the two.
I have never seen an episode of Munsters, but I am very familiar with the Universal Monsters
I am leaning towards Monster Bash, but the thought of an exciting new game seems also appealing

#3 8 months ago

BOTH!!!!

Good thing someone else made this thread so it will stay on topic.

#6 8 months ago

The Munsters was my favorite show as a kid. Much more so than TAF. I just liked the Munster humor better. All I can say is I hope they do this theme right!

#7 8 months ago

You buy your games off of looks? Wow. GLWTS!

#8 8 months ago
Quoted from ASOA:

BOTH!!!!
Good thing someone else made this thread so it will stay on topic.

Broken record!

Stop making crap threads and people will stop telling you you’re making crap threads. That F’ing simple.

OP - there is no correct answer to this question at the time because one game is very well known, while the other is a pure mystery at the moment.

#9 8 months ago

Both. Call it.. Munster Bash.

#11 8 months ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I guess this is being rebooted too like everything else.....

Let's hope its better than "Mockingbird Lane"

#12 8 months ago

Did i miss a munsters leak?

#13 8 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Broken record!
Stop making crap threads and people will stop telling you you’re making crap threads. That F’ing simple.
OP - there is no correct answer to this question at the time because one game is very well known, while the other is a pure mystery at the moment.

#nodramaplease

#15 8 months ago

Nothing about the playfield and features tho? Thats where the game is and what matter's..... its crazy how many people go nuts off just artwork.

#16 8 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Let's hope its better than "Mockingbird Lane"

I'm guessing you've never seen this mess.

With John Schuck and Lee Meriwether!

Streaming on Hulu now.

Unknown (resized).jpeg
#17 8 months ago

Photoshop mock-up vs. three foot tall topper that makes you breakfast who’s gonna win!

#18 8 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

... its crazy how many people go nuts off just artwork.

I used to think it was crazy but it's the norm around here.

That's the only "art" I've seen so far. Don't know if peeps are passing around PF stuff

Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm guessing you've never seen this mess.

Jesus shit...my eyes!

#19 8 months ago

Not a big Munsters fan. Already in the pre-pre order stage for MBr.

Please keep this topic on point or take any disagreements to PM.

#20 8 months ago

Note how I actually answered your question (correctly by the way! As one game isn’t even revealed yet, and one is known but yet still to officially debut as a remake FFS!) on top of calling out the broken record for mentioning thread drift for the 100th time.

It’s not thread drift if the response is on point.

#21 8 months ago

images (resized).jpeg

#22 8 months ago

Monster Bash is a proven game. I really like the game. I can only imagine how it will look with all of the improvements.
Munsters artwork that was leaked looked fantastic. Both will be in my collection. Thank you for posting this thread. Love to here what the rest of Pinside thinks?

#23 8 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nothing about the playfield and features tho? Thats where the game is and what matter's..... its crazy how many people go nuts off just artwork.

Haven't you heard? If you're not first, you're last. At least here....

#24 8 months ago
what-the-heck-are-you-even-talking-about (resized).jpg
#25 8 months ago

How do you link Munsters to this thread? Oh wait....

#26 8 months ago

Never thought I would be interested in Munsters, but this art is looking pretty damn amazing.

images (resized).jpeg

So I am full to Capacity, and Can add one only between the two.

images (resized).jpeg

I have never seen an episode of Munsters,

images (resized).jpeg

#27 8 months ago

Musnters would be a dud unless there was a rising staircase that spot comes out of while breathing fire!

#28 8 months ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Musnters would be a dud unless there was a rising staircase that spot comes out of while breathing fire!

Too true. Of course whether it’s ultimately considered a dud or not will depend on how good the game is... which no one knows because Stern has not released it yet.

#29 8 months ago

Can someone PM me the pics?

#30 8 months ago

This is correct even though we have seen leaked pictures there has been NO formal announcement by Stern. This is all (SPECULATION)

#31 8 months ago
Quoted from ASOA:

This is correct even though we have seen leaked pictures there has been NO formal announcement by Stern. This is all (SPECULATION)

Agreed! And therefore an impossible comparison to make, no?

#32 8 months ago

You can't make a comparison because you have ZERO idea what the Munsters will play like, layout, code etc.

We all know how great MB is and after CGC knocking it out of the park with AFMrLE and its features I don't know?

#33 8 months ago

So I choose Both.

toughdecisions (resized).png
#34 8 months ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Maybe Mezel mods or the Mod couple will make a butane add on....

#35 8 months ago

Who the f@$& cares!? (moderated)

#36 8 months ago

i think at this point any game made by stern is going to be fun as they all have something from other games made - so to me the artwork actually starts being important - how many times do we hear things like AS is the same as kiss - so if that is tru then the artwork makes a difference. i was a big munsters fan so i would add the game just on the title. the only difference is now i don't rush to buy - i wait for somebody else to take the initial hit on the resale market.

although sometimes they don't go down in price - but the trend is they seem to go down in value now.

thanks ed

#37 8 months ago
Quoted from TomT:

Can someone PM me the pics?

C5CE4FE0-1968-4696-AE32-2E73FBFF90C5.jpegD31AA1B4-7B6B-4D1E-BC49-8D3A3BFEBB97.png
#38 8 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you!!

#39 8 months ago

I'll never pre-order anything after getting burned by a title I thought would be a slam dunk. Too much money involved to make an informed decision by not even seeing/playing something.

#40 8 months ago

Munsters, as it is something completely new.

#41 8 months ago

at least the choices are clear, A game you are very familiar with and know if you like. vs a game you know won't have any code, might be playable after a year of ownership, and might be complete 3 years after release.

#42 8 months ago

I don't even see how you can make this decision at the present time. Monster Bash is a product you know. You can well assume that CGC will make it flashier (and some would say better) in regards to a cool topper and such. You know the artwork, rules, and how it shoots. The Munsters you know nothing about. The artwork shown is very preliminary and was probably used in an internal meeting at Stern a year or more ago. You can bet that Zombie Yeti will make a killer art package though, way better than the mock-ups we see here. Other than that bet on the artwork, and it's still a bet, you don't know what the playfield will look like, what the playfield toys (or lack of) will be, how many flippers it'll have, what the completeness of code will be, what the production of the LCD display will be, or anything really. It's much to premature to choose.

If you gotta have an MB LE, that might force your hand, and you might have to go with the MB if you have to commit before Stern officially introduces The Munsters and all the specs on it.

#43 8 months ago

Screw Kapow!
I only can afford a Pro.
What no F'n Pro?
Stern needs to realize that some of us are still married, barely, and another high dollar game means wifey not happy.

#44 8 months ago

Hmm...what a strange, premature Vs thread. Based exclusively on the theme and external artwork, since that is all we can really compair, I'd go with Monster Bash. Obviously, that could change once we know more about the layout, playfield artwork, and code in Munsters. In summary, for sure Danesi #2.

#45 8 months ago

please add the next Pat Lawlor game and the first game from Deeproot to the poll. Thnx.

#46 8 months ago

My theory is Stern Shows this as soon as CGC shows Monster Bash Pics, to directly compete with Sales.
Some may think that may steal Deadpool Sales, but I think they would rather all $ go to Stern then go to Chicago Gaming.

From the Other Thread so far we know
This is Franchi Art

It was stated (not sure if confirmed)
Borg Design
Dwight on Code

#47 8 months ago

My theory is Stern Shows this as soon as CGC shows Monster Bash Pics, to directly compete with Sales.
Some may think that may steal Deadpool Sales, but I think they would rather all $ go to Stern then go to Chicago Gaming.

Wait a minute are you trying to tell me that Gary Stern wants all of the pinball money sales for himself?

I hope this little fire stern has started makes other Manufactures try harder. We will all benefit.

4 months later
#48 4 months ago

Ok, now we have more information. I've played MBRLE and loved it, on the list. Munsters more than surprised me today on the livestream. What do you guys think now?

#49 4 months ago

Play both and decide for yourself. :p

#50 4 months ago

Yeah, that is a good idea! Unfortunately, there isn't going to be one in Banning this weekend, so I thought one of the CES players might have some thoughts. I'll probably stay on track with MBR and see how the code plays out, although it looks pretty good at this stage.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bensenville, IL
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 399.95
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
8,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, OR
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 50.00
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.95
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside