23%
  • Elvira is better 134 votes
    77%

(173 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7F5764A4-6F81-4F56-85E3-95310625606D (resized).jpeg
E & M (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I've posted this a few times around pinside. I thought some of the ideas and concepts for the Munsters code was really cool... But, in execution it doesn't turn out that way. I've played it a few times. I think I've gotten close to Munster madness, but never gotten it. I know people claim its easy, and I think it is... But, I've never really wanted to keep playing and truly get dialed in on the shots for Munsters. It just doesn't hold my attention.
The videos/animations/callouts and even the shots lack energy. I know people bash on the bash toys... But, at least it has toys. Yes, they should draw more attention to spot, but I do like herman. For me though I find the Herman shot... Not hard. Just a bit not where I'd expect it on the flipper. As I said I could solve that by just playing it more and getting dialed in... But, I just don't have fun shooting it.
Its not about the depth of the code. Its just BORING... To me... Only to me.
I think the game looks amazing and I think the way to go is the black and white Prem... But, man so boring. IT really should also give you a booby award like how Iron Maiden does. In maiden if you fail to start a single mode you get Aces High locked in for your third ball. Munsters should do something like that. For all the talk of no Ball Saver and making everything closer to the start button... Then why don't they have something in the game for the people who get like first two balls basically house balls...
They don't, and to me that is something they SHOULD have thought about. I hate the no ball save. Sorry, but I do think its a nice feature. Because, I hate it when I'm playing with a friend and I drain out right away. Then have to wait 2-3 minutes, and then I drain out again right away and have to wait... Yes, play better I KNOW!!! But, this game just doesn't fit with how I play. I'm not a bad player, but I seldom get good games on it. Just don't like munsters...
What I think Munsters needs. Is more upper and lower playfield action at the SAME TIME. I've never gotten a mb on top and had the mb on the bottom. That should be something that happens all the time... Is that Munster Madness???? Anyway... Even if its just a 2 ball mb... You could activate Grandpa's lab on top. Hit the saucer. So one ball is locked. And then it tells you for a nice good jackpot size to hit a certain shot.You have like 10-15 seconds to hit it. So you got to either trap up quickly. Or just keep flipping and try to do both...
For having 2 playfields the integration between both of them, and even the code itself... Well its garbage. It really is... And I think Dwight is a better coder than I'll ever be, but he is not thinking outside the box for what you can do. There is potential in Munsters to do amazing things... But, they kept it simple... And its BAD because of it.
Simple code doesn't have to be boring. They could make it simple, but still implement a lot more things.
Elvira on the other hand... I think the shots are more exciting to shoot. I know it has better videos/callouts, and animations... And they will be getting much better. The artwork I think is slightly more scintillating for Elvira. And the modes are so much more fun.
I've already completed all the house modes multiple times for Elvira, but I still enjoy shooting it. And Elvira has more MBs... But, I think the Junk in the Trunk mb... is a bit of a let down... But, I do like how currently you can enter a garage mb and then stack that with Junk in the Trunk. But, you can't do the opposite. So that is actually really nice. Just with Elvira. I feel sometimes too many balls in play... But, that is a minor gripe.

Everything that you said about Munsters is pretty much wrong. This is what's wrong with this site, too many people talking shit about certain games and they dont even know what they are talking about.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Wow... I don't generally down vote people... But, you went personal and fast. Telling me I have feces... I said my opinion. Which is what a forum is meant to do. Be a place to express and discuss opinions.
Also... How many times should I play munsters and not enjoy it.
I played the heck out of it at this years Midwest gaming expo...
Galloping Ghost has one, and I've been there 6 times I believe this year, and have played on their Munsters each time at least 3 games. I actually force myself to play it sense its the newest game they have there and I tell myself to play it, because in the wild its be at least a dollar per play. Yet, I rather go play AFM, EATPM, SS, BSD, CFTBL, Godzilla, AF, TZ,FH... Basically every pin they have but defender and space invaders over Munsters.
And lastly I played it again at the Wheeling Expo. I played it I think 3-4 times there.
So. Its not like I played the game one time and didn't give it a chance. Its also like I only ever played it on the launch code... Nope. Galloping Ghost takes care of their pins and updates them. Also at the wheeling expo that was in the stern booth. So... They would have the newest code there.
I never claim to be the most enlightened pinball player. But, I hold true to what I feel and experience and want in a game. If that differs from you. Than congratulations you are a human being and have your own opinion. But, try not to make it personal. Just disagree and go in peace.

It wasnt anything personal at all, I just pointed out to you that you dont know anything about the game and that's obvious by reading your mile long post. I'm not even going to waste my time dissecting your post but you say things like you think the game is easy and you have played it many times but yet you have never gotten to Munster Madness.

Also you dont even mention the main goal of the game which is to stack the jackpots and then build your multipliers and try to cash them in lol. That's literally what makes the game a blast and you didnt even know anything about it. I'm not trying to be a dick but you really shouldn't be giving in depth game reviews when you dont know much about the game.

The real truth is, Munsters is a blast to play and it's a very difficult game to achieve the goals that you are trying to achieve to get a good score. You will fail almost every single time I promise you. Getting to Munster Madness is not the main goal of the game.

With that being said though the game could use some work on a few of the modes and I think that it will get a nice code update soon. In the meantime though it's a fantastic game and tons of fun regardless of what alot of people are saying. I guarantee you that if you played the game with me you would walk away with a different perspective about the game.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I know about the stacking jackpots. I actually don't like those. Its just me and what I prefer... And I'll tell you this.
If I wanted to park myself at the munsters and just play it to get through to munster madness I could.
I don't... Because I don't like the game. Its fine I don't like it. Some people don't like Iron Maiden. Some people don't like AFM. Those are two of my favorite games.
I can and have blown up many games. In fact I've blown up Batman 66. Without stacking the jackpots. Which is a similar feature. I really enjoy batman 66. Munster no. I was looking forward to it. And then I played it.
I'm more of a theme over gameplay pinball player. I'll admit. And I love Munsters. Seen every episode multiple times. Seen their movies. Own all their episodes and movies. I think Yvonne Decarlo is a fox. I still hate the munsters game.
So... I'll tell you what. Next time I'm at Galloping Ghost. I'll kick the games A@# and then I'll post my score. And probably my opinion won't have changed all that much about it. I don't think having a great score matters. Because... Again munster madness from what I heard is not much of a wizard mode.
Edit... Since when is telling someone that they Sh#@ is coming out of their mouth isn't personal... That's a funny joke... And I'm sorry if you don't like reading my posts. Again... This is a forum used to communicate. Generally that is by words. Words form sentences, which can form paragraphs. I like to commincate and discuss pinball... Which is why we're here. And a post with VS. in the middle. Is bound to have people of differing persuasions. The joy in life is not to stamp down those who don't agree with you, but rather listen to their take... And then you can point out why you "THINK" they're mistaken and/or why you disagree with them.
So I thank you for pointing out the stacking rule. As I said I knew about it. And I have watched some tutorials as well... Just not a fan of how it shoots. And as I said I've given it a chance. And I voted with my wallet. As I was thinking about getting both a munsters and an elvira. But, I went with the latter. No regrets.

Lol you can think it was personal all you want but trust me it wasnt. I just tell things like I see it and that's how I saw it and there is in fact a bunch of people here that are on the Munsters hate train that do it just because they love to hate on Stern. I can respect that people dont like the game as long as they truly do know what they are talking about. There's probably not a game out there that everyone likes.

I think almost all pinball is fun, haven't seen too many games that I don't like yet, especially recent Sterns.

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I mean, we all have feces. Hopefully we all try to unload it daily, rather than hold onto it dearly.
Always, always....unload the feces. Don't hold on, it'll come back the next day, I swear.
You know what they always say about letting love go....well, same with feces. Same. With. Feces.

It sounds like you might be full of faces tonight Wesman!

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I like sterns. I bought two NIB sterns... I think my floor would collapse if I bought a nib jersey jack... But, truthfully as I said above I am a theme guy, and right now there is no theme at JJP that I LOVE!
I even enjoy Gottliebs. As you said "almost all pinball is fun" and I agree with that statement. Perhaps one of the reasons why I don't like Munsters is because I was so underwhelmed by it. But, trust me. I've got a lot of games under my belt on it. Not saying I'd never own it. Just not in my current house. Maybe if I have room for 30-50 pins. Then yes. I'd probably add it to my collection.

I think if we played together that I could change your thoughts on it a little and remember, this game will get more code I dont care what Dwight said. I definitely think and have heard that it's going to get some code work done to it. I like it how it is right now but more of a good thing is always better and this game doesnt need a complete code overhaul either like some suggest.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Should Elvira have had the lower playfield instead of Munsters.?

Should be in both games and i would love to see the Munsters house in the middle of the playfield like the house on Elvira

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

No. Neither should. That lower playfield is worse than Congo's.

Haha yeah right. That lower playfield is the best lower playfield in pinball history easily!

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Took the Stern tour at Expo. One of the questions in the tour group was will Munsters get more code? Gary said Munsters was done.

Dont bet on that.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s not you. There are just some that don’t allow anything other than superfanboyeverythingisperfectgreatestgameever or hater and think everyone has to be in one of those two buckets and you are horribly wrong if you are anywhere in the middle.

Hey I know you're talking about me and that's not true!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-vs-elvira?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.