23%
  • Elvira is better 134 votes
    77%

(173 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7F5764A4-6F81-4F56-85E3-95310625606D (resized).jpeg
E & M (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago

I have Munsters and I played Elvira at the Chicago show.

I guess I am one of those mentioned above that likes to play purely for the enjoyment. I have tried to join leagues and various contests, but it always sucks the fun out of the play for me. I could care less if I win or lose, but I always end up surrounded by people who get too serious and uptight about how they play, how others are looking at them while they play, how level the game is, etc. I just like to play for the fun of it. I don't crave deep games, but they don't turn me off. I love how Lyman thinks, but I end up getting lost in some of his code......it's why I just can't seem to love my BM66 no matter how much I like the theme.

So with that said, I do like Munsters for the theme and the play. No, it is not deep, but it is fun for me to shoot, and I like being able to rack up some good scores. Ramps and shots are pretty easy, but the reward is fun. I Had a Pro and an LE at the same time because of a trade deal I made, and I ended up selling the pro. I thought it played faster, and probably the one thing I could do without is the lower playfield, so I sometimes wish I had sold the LE. I don't hate the lower pf, but it is not my favorite part of the game.

I will be honest and say I did not like the looks of Elvira when I saw the images and watched the first streams. Not really sure why, other than I guess I thought in my head the artwork would be less cartoonish. If ever there was a spot for Franchi-style artwork, it woud have been on Elvira. I watched the streams, and I couldn't figure out that whole "floating head" thing they had going on. But I played many games in Chicago, and my opinion started to change. I like the layout and the shots. I didn't think it was any better or worse than Munsters, but it is a bit faster, and I dig that. I still don't like the artwork or the "floating head" and although I am a huge fan of old "B" horror movies, I just am not a fan of the way everything is implemented. There is too much stop and go for me.

So both have pros and cons as with any pin, but neither is an outstanding top pin in my opinion. They are just medium level pins that are fun to play for me. I could own either, but neither would be bolted to the floor. I thought about adding Elvira at some point, but it will be a ways down the road. The licensing costs drove this pin up to the BM66 levels, and it is nowhere near worth the NIB pricing....but then again, neither was BM66.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

9,000 (Firm)
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-vs-elvira?tu=Manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.