New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 260547)

Munsters screw snapped.

By JMK

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by JMK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B0B5804F-E530-4EAF-8817-1EEACFD57F77 (resized).jpeg
4A925713-6DE1-46A8-8041-BEA3BC1933BA (resized).jpeg

#1 9 months ago

Looking for some help on an unusual issue.
I was re-installing my Munsters plastic shield after cleaning it; and somehow one of the small screws snapped inside the wood of the playfield.
I have no idea how to remove the stuck broken 1/2 screw which is lodged in the wood.
So frustrated that this could happen so quickly.
I’ve attached a couple photos from above and below the pf.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!

4A925713-6DE1-46A8-8041-BEA3BC1933BA (resized).jpegB0B5804F-E530-4EAF-8817-1EEACFD57F77 (resized).jpeg

#2 9 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Looking for some help on an unusual issue.
I was re-installing my Munsters plastic shield after cleaning it; and somehow one of the small screws snapped inside the wood of the playfield.
I have no idea how to remove the stuck broken 1/2 screw which is lodged in the wood.
So frustrated that this could happen so quickly.
I’ve attached a couple photos from above and below the pf.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!
[quoted image][quoted image]

You should be able to use a screw extractor set to get it out. Worst case scenario you could drill the screw out as well...it just takes a drill bit that is just slightly smaller than the screw, but I would recommend that as a last, but completely feasible last resort. Hope this helps.

#3 9 months ago

Also, dont stress over it....it happens and you'll have it out in no time.

#5 9 months ago

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions.
I was able pry off the shield/visor without damaging it- the shield was stuck on the lip of the broken screw piece.
After which, I could see there was a tiny bit of broken screw sticking out from the wood.
I was able to twist off counter clockwise the broken screw piece with a vice grip/pliers. It seamlessly came undone.
So happy this could be remedied without damaging any of the wood or shield.
Just need a new screw and then all done.
Thanks for the help!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 142.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside