You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f8b337d17873c4ebe06c3a48c595c180 (resized).jpg
1096748922 (resized).jpg
Moses' wife (resized).jpg
Munsters in color (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

What makes you think we do also? Gary wants to act the fool let him. I liked the discussion and energy here, had nothing to do with Gary.
You guys here are my rock, even after all Sterns cost cutting and Gary’s lack of serious interest in the home collector.
I don’t know Gary personally and care not to.

Stuff like this really cracks me up.

I don't know Gary, but I really don't like him, don't want to ever know him either. But dammit, he should be worried about my concerns.

Some of you act like Gary has personally done something to you. He's nothing more then a figurehead at this point that still loves pinball and will gladly make time for anyone at shows. Take him a good DIPA from your area that he can't get and he's your friend for life.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gary haters are drunk on their own ignorance and delusions of importance.
It's as simple as this with Gary:
Pinball is different for him. Pinball is the thing that has clothed and sheltered him his entire life, and it's the legacy his father left him and that he will leave when he shuffles off to the great outhole in the Sky.
People here will never understand this.
You don't need Gary to be your friend. You don't need him to "respect" you. You don't need him at all.
It's just pinball. For him it's a living. For you it's a passion.
You don't get mad at the guy who runs GE when your toaster dies. Stop taking this shit personally.

But but but, my grail, my dream theme...………….

Gary is fun to talk to at shows, seems like a good enough dude that has found a way to make pinball last as a business when no one else could. If you need anything he points you to Gomez though as he doesn't know anything about the games other then it's selling great or not.

Quoted from underlord:

And your response cracks me up.
Gary stated repeatedly he could care less about the collector market. He has run Stern pinball with a BOM mindset so long that it’s the company culture now.
And dammit man if I have to hear his ‘Ford Taurus wiring’ speech one more time I may commit suicide.
Hell, his business model pissed off Jack so much he started his own rival ( and better product) company.
Where you been last 5 years? Gary is a figurehead? You an investor? Where in my post did you ever read Gary should care about my concerns? C’mon.
Go buy Gary an IPA and you two can hug it out.

Gary is doing nothing but repeating old speaches and trying to keep operators and collectors happy at the same time. What do you think every premium and LE game is? They are specifically for the collector side of the hobby. If you want to know anything about a game other then it's fun Gary is going to point you to Gomez or whoever else in the booth knows about the actual games. Maybe Jack should spend a few days with Gary and Gomez as his company has been nothing short of a disaster. He had to give up controlling interests just to get TH made. Even now you can preorder for your game in 12 months or so and spend a week trouble shooting it so it works right. I own JJP games, I love them, JJP has a long way to go though. If any of them make a game I like I'll buy it if it's in a box and ready to ship to me. I sure don't take their pricing or game choices personal though.

There's also not enough alcohol content in an IPA for Gary, DIPA all the way.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

"Double IPAs Also called "Imperial" IPAs, this uniquely American style takes the craving for hops and runs with it. These usually use double or even triple the typical amount of hops, but also add more malts to balance. The resulting beer has huge hoppy highs and deep malty depths with an high ABV to match"

Incorrect

#48 5 years ago

Some places online will call any ipa with and ABV over 7 an imperial IPA. This is old language for the most part.

Most IPA can go up to close to 7.4 ABV. Depending on the style if may be bitter or it may be almost sweet tasting. DIPA (double IPA) is typically 7.4 to 8.5 ABV but can go a little higher. Once again depending on style they may be bitter but typically DIPA's are sweeter then regular IPA's which is not what people would expect. The next step will depend on the area and also the style used but Triple or Imperial are higher ABV then a DIPA and are usually 10% ABV or sometimes a touch higher. They tend to have a similar hop profiles to a DIPA but with more bitterness, a little malt backbone, and are much heavier. Different breweries can have beers in ABV ranges outside of this criteria that they label as an IPA, DIPA, TIPA, IIPA, or ever FIPA (farmhouse) so while usually the ABV sets the guideline stile of beer and brewing process can also have input.

If you can get Trillium in your area they have fantastic IPA's and DIPA's. I'd recommend going New England style which are juicier and sweeter. They are hazy and unfiltered though so just be away of that. They have almost no malt and really feature the different hop profiles the best for what I like.

#50 5 years ago

That article is from 2009. You can thumbs down all you want but the criteria is different now.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I agree. Although I think the game is a snoozer, I think Stern did a great job unveiling it. They nailed the coverage.

What do you not like about it? I thought overall it looked really good. Pretty standard layout but both ramp returns are super unique. Most elaborate lower playfield in some time. Great art and if you dont like lower playfields the pro is perfect.

I wish the Herman sculpt did more but other then that I was pretty pleased with what I saw.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

"Double" IPA refers to the two I's in imperial India pale ale or IIPA. Double I's not double ingredients and Triple IPA is just a joke name for a hefty Imperial IPA.

All true, but pretty much across the board the same terminology is being adopted based on ABV and style. No one is calling a 7.4 ipa an imperial. At least not that I've seen in over 10 years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-reveal-the-tits-?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.