(Topic ID: 239548)

Munsters Premium..... the fun of buying NIB?

By beefzap

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Dkjimbo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).png

#1 4 months ago

In the past I have enjoyed buying a pin NIB without ever playing the game or having played it very little. I have done this with the majority of my NIB purchases.

So for those that have bought the LE or the premium (shipping now? premium = LE as far as gameplay) and bought NIB without playing it. Any regrets?

I am this close to pulling the trigger on a premium. The fun of discovering a machine from the get go has always been fun to me.

#2 4 months ago

First Pinball....and bought NIB LE without playing... No regrets....its awesome!!!

#3 4 months ago

No Regerts!

#4 4 months ago

No regrets - you will especially like if you enjoy discovering the machine. Got a LE - love the mini PF.

#5 4 months ago

It's a risk to buy any machine without playing of course. But I would say if you've watched the videos and like what you see and hear, go for it! I played the premium quite a few times at TPF and it was the one Stern I kept going back to, was a lot of fun.

#7 4 months ago

I think Stern got the combination right on Munsters. A crappy player like me can walk up and get an EZ multi-ball and let me play long enough that I don't feel like I am getting ripped off and will toss in more quarters. And then for the better players the challenges are there. It's a pretty pin. You will like the sounds or you won't.

I want to get one of these so bad. Space issues are going to make me wait for awhile.

#8 4 months ago

I got the call from my Stern dealer earlier in the week that my Munsters Premium should arrive at his shop either Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. This will be my 3rd NIB Stern title. The 1st two were TWDLE and ST Pro, delivered and setup by an independent 3rd party at the same time. Both were bought without having played them 1st. The only regret I have is not unboxing and setting them up myself. TWDLE was basically "meh" with the initial code, but as time went on and code matured, it became, and is, a fantastic pin. Being a fan of the show since day 1, Clelands sound mod was the icing on the cake! ST Pro was good out of the box. No complaints.

This time around, with Munsters Premium, I'm going to bite the bullet and make the 2 hour trip to my dealer and bring it home myself, so I can unbox and set it up myself. I want the full NIB experience! I've not played a Pro or an LE so I'm going into this major purchase blind. I have seen game play videos on YouTube and I like what I see. I chose the Premium because of the B&W art package. I find it unique and gorgeous! Don't get me wrong, the Pro and LE art packages are beautiful, but IMO, the Premium, with the B&W art pays more of an homage to a TV series I grew up with, watching in syndication!

#9 4 months ago

I bought a Munsters LE sight unseen, 4th NIB Stern LE bought sight unseen for me... I will tell you if I have regrets after I get my 5th NIB Black Knight...

#10 4 months ago

Or just wait 2-3 months for the hype to settle and buy a mint HUO premium for 6800 like every other recent stern premium!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside