Topic poll

“Munsters Premium or The Beatles Gold”

• Munsters Premium 33 votes
    41%
  • The Beatles Gold 47 votes
    59%

(80 votes)

#1 4 years ago

I have the itch again, I'm looking at buying a Munsters Premium, or a Beatles Gold. I'm a eighties child so I love the ramps and toys, but I just played the Beatles Gold and I had so much fun. I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I have only played a Munsters pro, and I like the flow, and some of the cut scenes made me laugh. Price is about the same for both new, so that is not a factor, any suggestions?

#2 4 years ago

Out of those two Beatles fun fast game that becomes addicting. Have you considered any other new sterns like Iron Maiden or Deadpool.

#3 4 years ago

Color or BW Munsters? I'm just curious

#4 4 years ago

Deadpool by a landslide...especially with updated code...No contest...

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from thpletcher:

I have the itch again, I'm looking at buying a Munsters Premium, or a Beatles Gold. I'm a eighties child so I love the ramps and toys, but I just played the Beatles Gold and I had so much fun. I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I have only played a Munsters pro, and I like the flow, and some of the cut scenes made me laugh. Price is about the same for both new, so that is not a factor, any suggestions?

Call around on the Beatles Gold. You should be able to pick it up for $500 or so less than Munsters Premium.

#6 4 years ago

Beatles by far. Both have simpler rules sets, but Beatles nails them perfectly.

#7 4 years ago

Beatles is bright, fast and happy. What you see is what you get. I have only played one game on Munsters LE so cannot compare.

#8 4 years ago

You left out the neither box in your poll.

#9 4 years ago

Between these two, I'd rather have a Beatles right now as I've found it more fun to play. Might get sick of the limited song selection though.

Happy to be much more interested in Oktoberfest currently. Way more going on gameplay-wise AND less expensive to boot!

#10 4 years ago

I thought that the songs would get old too, but they are so iconic and part of my growing up that I don’t tire of them. Oktoberfest from what I have observed on video...that music would grate on me real quick.

#11 4 years ago

Played both. Neither game was for me. Ended up getting a MBrSE and couldn't be happier.

#12 4 years ago

I saw you have DP on your wishlist and agree that is better than either Munsters or Beatles, maybe the best NIB game available right now. I enjoyed Beatles a lot on route, and tried to resist getting one due to the cost and simple rules. Eventually I got one for home and was glad I did. If you are interested in Munster's, there are a lot of other games with similar Borg layouts but better rules. I've played several games of Oktoberfest - the rules and layout are decent. If you can get past the theme, music, and animations on Oktoberfest it might be a good choice, but it isn't for me.

#13 4 years ago

I'd definitely go with The Beatles if you like a different challenge and some variety in your collection.

#14 4 years ago

I really enjoy both on location. They are both fast and fun, Beatles really surprised me. Unfortunately I don’t know if I would want them at home, neither is exactly deep, but I’d choose Beatles.

#15 4 years ago

The Beatles is the worst Stern game since Striker Extreme in my opinion. Such a waste of the greatest possible license.

#16 4 years ago

If you had asked me before significant playing time on either game, I would have said Munsters Premium by far. After playing both on a number of occasions at this point, I would go with the Beatles in a heartbeat. The Beatles is way more fun and always begs me for one more game.

#17 4 years ago

AFM remake by two miles.

But of those two I would pick Beatles.

I have several Stern - Borg pins IM, Met pro TWD pro and Tron.

Beatles is just a much different game with loops and drops.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Color or BW Munsters? I'm just curious

Kind of like the Black and White.

#19 4 years ago

Both are fun pins but if you are indeed interested in a deadpool than i wld go with that by a large margin due to unique fun layout and great code.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The Beatles is the worst Stern game since Striker Extreme in my opinion. Such a waste of the greatest possible license.This happened when the original concept for this pin was dumped by Stern,and in a hurry to get it out,they rethemed a Sea Witch with prints off a Girls lunch box for the Cab

#21 4 years ago

I would pick Beatles over Munsters but I still feel like usandthem and wish that Stern would have created the Beatles differently. The game is fun but arguably the BEST BAND EVER should have been given the respect they deserve.

#22 4 years ago

Beatles is a fun game. Cladding it with gold is just butt ugly. (what were they thinking).
Love the looks of the Diamond addition.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Beatles is a fun game. Cladding it with gold is just butt ugly. (what were they thinking).

Gotta use up those WWE LE parts somehow...

#24 4 years ago

Do you want to spend too much money and have a great time? Beatles!

Do you want to spend too much money and have an OK time? Munsters!

Seriously though, Beatles is stupidly fun, gorgeous, and infinitely replay-able. If the price ever comes down a fair amount on the second hand market I'm gonna be all over it.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gotta use up those WWE LE parts somehow...

Its not the same powder coat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-premium-or-beatles-gold?hl=wipinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.