• Latest reply 5 years ago by Who-Dey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

answer.gif
89D61D87-2B3F-41EF-B196-398D652F884D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago

I have played a Munsters Premium and it’s fun, but don’t see it having staying power.

Batman 66 is the most complete implementation of a theme ever - great art, audio/video assets, custom callouts by Adam West and Burt Ward. Even the “play the episodes” software design fits right in.

Both themes are winners, but Batman is the no-brainer answer here - especially if you like the theme.

#18 5 years ago

No matter what you do - don’t buy a new game if you don’t like the theme, especially at today’s prices.

Game play wise there is no comparison between the two. But if you don’t like the Batman theme as much as Munsters, maybe Batman isn’t for you. And in the Munsters case “theme” also specifically includes the title music theme. You will hear that a lot. I love it, but it may drive some crazy.

For me to consider buying a new game I have to like the theme, the art, the shots/toys, the game play, the audio and video and how well everything works together. In the LCD era that’s more difficult to do at launch because software (including A/V assets used) are rarely close to the ‘finished” level. It’s even tougher if you want to buy a Stern LE because you usually have to decide before you have ever played (or even seen) the game.

I don’t rotate or swap games frequently. If I buy one I expect it will be in my collection long term. Sometimes that doesn’t always work, but because of space constraints I have to let a favorite go to bring in another game. In your case, it’s one game. Part of the consideration in that case is how long will the game hold your interest.

Both are good choices. But if you like the Batman more (or about the same) as Munsters, it should be a pretty easy choice.

Let us know which way you decide. Then make room for another machine and get both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-premium-or-batman-66-premium?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.