Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by jfh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

answer.gif
89D61D87-2B3F-41EF-B196-398D652F884D (resized).jpeg

#1 7 days ago

Hi all pinballers, I’m new here, and I want to know what u think I should do. I have a Ghostbusters Pro, and now I’m interested to sell it and buy a new one. I been watching videos on YouTube , and read a lot online about The Munsters Premium, and also about Batman 66 Premium. I live in north Sweden, so no chance to test them before buying them, I wish I could, but that’s not an option. So to u guys that have tried those two, what’s your thoughts? Should I buy Munsters Premiuim, or Batman 66 premium? For home use. Sadly just got room for one pinball right now,

#2 7 days ago

Given that you want to purchase now, and limited to only those 2 choices, and given this will be your one and only pin, this "high risk" recommendation can only be bm66. Munsters is still too uncooked to recommend as your one and only pin, whereas bm66 is pretty well done and done pretty well.

#3 7 days ago

BM66!

89D61D87-2B3F-41EF-B196-398D652F884D (resized).jpeg
#4 7 days ago

Munsters still need's time to have the code develop I would go with batman it has a very deep rule set which will keep your interest longer.

#5 7 days ago

Get both!

#6 7 days ago

Has anyone even played a Munsters premium other than Stern in makeup?

#7 7 days ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Munsters still need's time to have the code develop I would go with batman it has a very deep rule set which will keep your interest longer.

Munsters code is good and fun ...not every pin needs super deep rules. I don't care for bat66 at all its not fun for me bc of the layout and toys but i get y some people do love it

#8 7 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Has anyone even played a Munsters premium other than Stern in makeup?

Not anyone really...

#9 7 days ago

Munsters will be on the line for 3 years so that will give you time to play it to see if you like it. So I'll recommend BM66.

#10 7 days ago

BM66, crane mech & Lyman code for the win!

#11 7 days ago

I have played a Munsters Premium and it’s fun, but don’t see it having staying power.

Batman 66 is the most complete implementation of a theme ever - great art, audio/video assets, custom callouts by Adam West and Burt Ward. Even the “play the episodes” software design fits right in.

Both themes are winners, but Batman is the no-brainer answer here - especially if you like the theme.

#12 6 days ago

BM66, no question about it. It is phenomenal with the code. It will outlast Munsters.

#13 6 days ago

I haven’t played Munsters but the ringing of the bat phone drove me crazy when I got a few games on it at Allentown the past two years. Maybe the code wasn’t far along\updated on the machine I played but that ringing seemed almost non stop.
Other that that I enjoyed it and obviously look forward to playing Munsters.

As others have already said you have a lots of time to decide on Munsters. If unsure I’d wait (at least a few or maybe 6-8months ) and see how code progresses and if there’s any major design flaws that need to be addressed. I hated Metallica when it was first released and the code wasn’t polished. A year and a half later I played again and loved it so much I bought a premium.

Also is either machine a dream title for you ? If one of the two is your favorite childhood tv show you probably should lean that direction. I personally loved and still love watching both shows but I collect monster machines so I’d be more likely to buy Munsters but if a nice Batman popped up near by I’d be very tempted to buy it.

#14 6 days ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I haven’t played Munsters but the ringing of the bat phone drove me crazy when I got a few games on it at Allentown the past two years.

answer.gif
#15 6 days ago

Bm66 and it’s not even close.

Munsters is not a deep game. There will be a shit ton for sale huo cheap by summer.

#16 6 days ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Bm66 and it’s not even close.
Munsters is not a deep game. There will be a shit ton for sale huo cheap by summer.

Maybe pros but LE,s won’t be a dime a dozen

Wait for Black Knight 3000 ! That will kickass

#17 6 days ago

BM66 all day long. I have munsters pro and really like it for what it is, an easily approachable with more code to come but BM66 is almost code complete and the complete package.

BM66 will be a classic that will always have a strong demand, get it first. Munsters has a way to go so why buy now if you cant have both?

Welcome to pinside.

#18 5 days ago

No matter what you do - don’t buy a new game if you don’t like the theme, especially at today’s prices.

Game play wise there is no comparison between the two. But if you don’t like the Batman theme as much as Munsters, maybe Batman isn’t for you. And in the Munsters case “theme” also specifically includes the title music theme. You will hear that a lot. I love it, but it may drive some crazy.

For me to consider buying a new game I have to like the theme, the art, the shots/toys, the game play, the audio and video and how well everything works together. In the LCD era that’s more difficult to do at launch because software (including A/V assets used) are rarely close to the ‘finished” level. It’s even tougher if you want to buy a Stern LE because you usually have to decide before you have ever played (or even seen) the game.

I don’t rotate or swap games frequently. If I buy one I expect it will be in my collection long term. Sometimes that doesn’t always work, but because of space constraints I have to let a favorite go to bring in another game. In your case, it’s one game. Part of the consideration in that case is how long will the game hold your interest.

Both are good choices. But if you like the Batman more (or about the same) as Munsters, it should be a pretty easy choice.

Let us know which way you decide. Then make room for another machine and get both.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cortland, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 50.00
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
7,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Warrenton, VA
$ 13.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 142.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside