(Topic ID: 241148)

Munsters Premium /LE, best lower/ mini playfield ever?

By MK6PIN

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Munsters Premium /LE, best lower/ mini playfield ever?”

• YES 68 votes
    40%
  • NO 75 votes
    44%
  • MAYBE 26 votes
    15%

(169 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FD2E08B2-773F-4CE8-B2F7-222BF592D4FC (resized).jpeg
log (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 months ago

Absolutely best looking. Hands down!

Gameplay: MEH

Hate the "ball" action and feel. Sorry.

#24 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

nothing to feel sorry about tuna_delight .....just throwing it out there...alot of people don't like mini pf's in general (not a topic of this thread)...are there mini's you like?

I like lower (and upper) playfields in general. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the definition, but the only other "mini" playfield that comes to mind for me is Family Guy's, which, unfortunately, suffers from the same toy-like feel of flicking a plastic bead.

Munsters' mini playfield has great features/rules and can be fun overall, but still feels somewhat like a novelty distraction from the main gameplay to me due to its drastically different ball physics.

#32 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Anxious to play that game .....

JJP POTC is in a league of its own for me currently.
Really love the uniquely challenging upper playfield on it too!

Other "mini playfields" that I particularly enjoy playing are on WPT, TS, and both on TBL.

Your enthusiasm for Munsters is infectious Mark! I love the theme and look of it, but right now the gameplay is still a bit of a mess for me. I need to put more time in on the LE located in my favorite pinball bar and learn the rules/nuances better. I'm sure my appreciation for the lower playfield, as well as the overall game, will increase accordingly!

#35 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Is POTC Black Pearl even available yet? I bailed on the CE (for now) as Wonka has my attention (off topic...sorry).

A future "Black Pearl" edition of POTC is only speculation at this point. If one ever happens, it will likely be quite a while given Wonka popularity.

You never know with JJP though.

#44 3 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Jack unequivocally said no such version will ever be made.

Not sure what your source is, but at TPF, Jack specifically left the door open when asked about future POTC production. He was smart enough to never say never.

Now back to Munsters! The real question is will a special "Marilyn" edition (ala AC/DC Luci) be made at some point?

#53 3 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

He was referring to the 'black pearl' edition, etc. Yes Jack has said he wants to make more POTC.. but he poo'd on the idea of variants.. like Black Arrow, YBR, etc..

Ah hah. We shall see eh?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside