(Topic ID: 241148)

Munsters Premium /LE, best lower/ mini playfield ever?

By MK6PIN

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Munsters Premium /LE, best lower/ mini playfield ever?”

• YES 68 votes
    40%
  • NO 75 votes
    44%
  • MAYBE 26 votes
    15%

(169 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FD2E08B2-773F-4CE8-B2F7-222BF592D4FC (resized).jpeg
log (resized).jpg

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 months ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Well, now I have to stay.

At least this ensures the thread will be around for a bit, I guess a positive....

#52 3 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Played the premium at MGC specifically to try out the lower playfield. I found it awful. Felt like a pocket kid's game. Tiny ball flies all over the place. No tactile feel at all. Much prefer real lower playfield with real ball and flippers ala HH and Black Hole. I get what they were trying to do, but epic fail in my opinion.

You can slow it down and play a controlled game down there....don't deny the "feel" part being different....I love BH, as stated prior, but value of that lower simply is just not as relevant to the game as a whole. Understand your take, however, but not mine....

(like how the poll is actually starting to form ..."yes" and "maybe" exceed the "no" votes)

#53 3 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

He was referring to the 'black pearl' edition, etc. Yes Jack has said he wants to make more POTC.. but he poo'd on the idea of variants.. like Black Arrow, YBR, etc..

Ah hah. We shall see eh?

#54 3 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not sure what your source is, but at TPF, Jack specifically left the door open when asked about future POTC production. He was smart enough to never say never.

I made it pretty clear my source was Jack himself. :p

At TPF he left the door open about making more pirates. He never said it would be a different version. Then, on a podcast released this past week, Jack said there will never be a black pearl or some other “special” version of pirates ala YBR. But he did say he hopes to buy more parts to make a few more of the existing pirates version next year.

#55 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You can slow it down and play a controlled game down there....don't deny the "feel" part being different....I love BH, as stated prior, but value of that lower simply is just not as relevant to the game as a whole. Understand your take, however, but not mine....
(like how the poll is actually starting to form ..."yes" and "maybe" exceed the "no" votes)

Yea you can just bang the flippers or you can try and direct your shots and flip with purpose.

#56 3 months ago

I found the pro model a bit boring after a number of games, but after playing the premium model at the Ohio show, really enjoyed how the lower playfield tied the whole game together. Feels much more integrated and complete.

#57 3 months ago

the lower playfield on munsters is well made. code may improve it. i got the GC grandpa playfield champion the 1st game i played on it.

the multiball is a good touch.

but i've owned a haunted house, a black hole, an elektra, an AC/DC premium, and a family guy.

haunted house wins this "mini pinball" competition hands down. and that was with 1982 coding.

the big lebowski does the add-on lower playfield touch well, but it's not a mini pinball. and it's quick.

i've actually checked on stern availability to buy the playfield solo...will wire it up to make a standalone game....don't know how to run scores, though.

#58 3 months ago

I'm super curious to try it myself. I wonder if there would be a market for a stand alone mini playfield game. Dunno what the BOM would look like for that.

For my money until I play to compare Krull has the coolest mini playfield. The lenticular gimmick is very cool, makes it look impossibly deep for the cabinet.

#59 3 months ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Nice try, I haven’t shit my pants in 5 years.
Or was that an actual image of the lower PF on Munsters? Sorry, I was drunk when I played it.

Ha ha five years is not that bad. Glad to see you have a sense of humor!!

#60 3 months ago
Quoted from youdontknowme:

the lower playfield on munsters is well made. code may improve it. i got the GC grandpa playfield champion the 1st game i played on it.
the multiball is a good touch.

Time to go back and try to beat that score and get to level 2 down there ( default is pretty low)...Have only improved it once.....played a bunch tonight...That play field is sick!!! poll leveling out nicely...hope more really give it a legit chance...

#61 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Time to go back and try to beat that score and get to level 2 down there ( default is pretty low)...Have only improved it once.....played a bunch tonight...That play field is sick!!! poll leveling out nicely...hope more really give it a legit chance...

Whats your high game on Munsters so far MK?

#62 3 months ago

If you try a lower playfield on Munsters without the lower flippers set to soft it can feel a bit of a mess (not sure if Premium machines in bars or at shows set this up right - hence people don’t get the right experience).

#63 3 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If you try a lower playfield on Munsters without the lower flippers set to soft it can feel a bit of a mess (not sure if Premium machines in bars or at shows set this up right - hence people don’t get the right experience).

Absolutely, it definitely makes a world of difference. Im surprised the default isnt set to soft.

#64 3 months ago

Definitely this or Black Hole. Although Munsters is a much better game than Black Hole. The Premium/LE really makes this title shine, way better than the pro (which is still good)

#65 3 months ago

I really don't like the tiny ball mini playfields. Munsters mini playfield is definitely better than Family Guy/Shrek, but that is not saying much. I can name at least ten mini playfields that I like better than Munsters and FG/Shrek is close to the worst. They just feel cheap and get old FAST. Munsters is a disappointment to me as I was expecting it to be Borg's next Metallica. Thankfully this made the choice to buy BK that much easier.

#66 3 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

I was expecting it to be Borg's next Metallica.

This is Borgs Monster Bash!

#67 3 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

I really don't like the tiny ball mini playfields. Munsters mini playfield is definitely better than Family Guy/Shrek, but that is not saying much. I can name at least ten mini playfields that I like better than Munsters and FG/Shrek is close to the worst. They just feel cheap and get old FAST. Munsters is a disappointment to me as I was expecting it to be Borg's next Metallica. Thankfully this made the choice to buy BK that much easier.

You should get DP, better than BK - with awesome code now!

#68 89 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Whats your high game on Munsters so far MK?

Somewhere around 135 million so far...

I've never been more than an average player at best....Once in awhile I'll get a really good game in, but always have fun, regardless

Seem to be living in the 60-70 million range mostly...Thing kicks my ass, and haven't found a way to be consistent w my spot hits ( he gets cursed pretty much every game)

#69 89 days ago

Nice to see the "yes" votes overtaking the "no" votes regarding topic. The more I play it, the more anxious I am to get in the lab and have a go....

Hope more give this very unique feature some serious attention. Suspect players that are better than I could blow that thing up...

#70 89 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Somewhere around 135 million so far...
I've never been more than an average player at best....Once in awhile I'll get a really good game in, but always have fun, regardless
Seem to be living in the 60-70 million range mostly...Thing kicks my ass, and haven't found a way to be consistent w my spot hits ( he gets cursed pretty much every game)

This game is pretty hard really and Spot is a pain in my ass. I've cussed him out i think every single time that ive played him so far.

#71 89 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nice to see the "yes" votes overtaking the "no" votes regarding topic. The more I play it, the more anxious I am to get in the lab and have a go....
Hope more give this very unique feature some serious attention. Suspect players that are better than I could blow that thing up...

Skill shot: hold both left flippers to set skill shot in lower playfield than hit grandpa scoop that sends you to the lower playfield where you shot the yellow flashing light aka left VUK. Bam skill shot complete. It pays more the faster it is completed.

Fantastic start to a ball and game!!

#72 89 days ago

Nah. MB has waaay more tude, charm, and the audio rocks big-time (

).

#73 89 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Nah. MB has waaay more tude, charm, and the audio rocks big-time ( ).

Both great pins. I have them side to side.

FD2E08B2-773F-4CE8-B2F7-222BF592D4FC (resized).jpeg
#74 89 days ago

Family Guy - Stewie's mini pinball machine.

#75 89 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Both great pins. I have them side to side.
[quoted image]

I want both too.

#76 89 days ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Family Guy - Stewie's mini pinball machine.

Love my fgy....this mini of is that and then some... the good news...Titan is finally making flipper rubbers to fit !!!

#77 89 days ago

Love the mini PF on Munsters, its a challenge to get thru it. Bashing it around only lasts so long, sooner or later you need to start timing ur shots. Having the timer makes it a tuff decision on whether to chase targets or increase the time. What more could you want; a ramp, wireform, vuk and a bashtoy

#78 89 days ago

I like the lower playfield but I'd like to see a change in the rules about it. It is too easy to get down there and it is not a very rewarding part of the game pointswise. I had a game where I was playing on the lower 3 times. Once should be max aside from Munster Madness. I also thought that I had a good one but it was just over a million points down there.

#79 88 days ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I like the lower playfield but I'd like to see a change in the rules about it. It is too easy to get down there and it is not a very rewarding part of the game pointswise. I had a game where I was playing on the lower 3 times. Once should be max aside from Munster Madness. I also thought that I had a good one but it was just over a million points down there.

That's the problem I've had with my AC/DC lower PF...it's stingy on points. Fortunately, the lower PF is easily avoided if you aren't in the mood...plenty of songs don't utilize it.

#80 88 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's the problem I've had with my AC/DC lower PF...it's stingy on points. Fortunately, the lower PF is easily avoided if you aren't in the mood...plenty of songs don't utilize it.

Yeah...I hated the lower on AC/DC after awhile. I hope the same does not happen on Munsters

#81 88 days ago

I’m leaning towards stewie still being the better mini playfield.
The call outs are great and multipliers add a good deal of incentive to focus on one family member first. And the multiball is rewarding/challenging with both playfields going when set up right.

I do like the visual aspect of musters being underneath though, just wish musters did something unique with the mini-layout (seems like an exact replica to stewie-12+ years later)

#82 88 days ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

I’m leaning towards stewie still being the better mini playfield.
The call outs are great and multipliers add a good deal of incentive to focus on one family member first. And the multiball is rewarding/challenging with both playfields going when set up right.
I do like the visual aspect of musters being underneath though, just wish musters did something unique with the mini-layout (seems like an exact replica to stewie-12+ years later)

respect that, and as stated prior, love my fgy. munsters has it's own multiball w jackpots, scoop to change modes on the upper playfield, and (2x) ramps...the one on the right always adds time, so possibilities are crazy. It also has it's own zap multiplier down there, so I've gotten some pretty long, rewarding sessions.

combine it w madness (both fields going at the same time)...like FGY as it's hard to keep track, but unlike is that it has discrete flipper buttons....HUGE pita, and haven't even begun a logical attempt to play that....whew

#83 88 days ago

I’ve wondered why that is. To me it is unusual to have the separate flipper buttons. You can stage flip on family guy when both playfields are going(setting set to timer/sudden death)
but you can’t on musters??

#84 88 days ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

I’ve wondered why that is. To me it is unusual to have the separate flipper buttons. You can stage flip on family guy when both playfields are going(setting set to timer/sudden death)

Nope...It's part of the reason this thing is crazy fun...Just plays like no other...You can really get some good ball times down there as well, after a bit of practice... I like scoring until about 6 seconds, then repeated right orbit shots to build timer back, etc.

#85 88 days ago

I dont like both playfields going at the same time during Munster Madness and i almost feel like its overused a little bit also but it is a great great lower playfield for sure. I would be ok if they used both playfields maybe at level 3 Munster Madness but i just dont think its fun on level one munster madness.

#86 88 days ago

The Shadow's upper playfield is the best.

#87 88 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont like both playfields going at the same time during Munster Madness and i almost feel like its overused a little bit also but it is a great great lower playfield for sure. I would be ok if they used both playfields maybe at level 3 Munster Madness but i just dont think its fun on level one munster madness.

Both playfields during Munster Madness is the way it should be otherwise there is no reason for dual flipper buttons.

#88 88 days ago

Put a slight caveat to the poll that you have actually PLAYED a premium or LE before voting (wishful thinking, I know)....remember, just the mini playfield we're talking about here......

Couple days in, and getting a very fair shake....considering this great feedback!!! Thanks for posting/ voting!!!!

#89 88 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Put a slight caveat to the poll that you have actually PLAYED a premium or LE before voting (wishful thinking, I know)....remember, just the mini playfield we're talking about here......
Couple days in, and getting a very fair shake....considering this great feedback!!! Thanks for posting/ voting!!!!

I've played the Premium at Sunshine Laundromat and stand by my opinion that this is not the best mini playfield.

#90 88 days ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

I didn’t know you can have both playfields active at same time on FGY like you can on Munsters? I thought it was one or the other playfield active on FGY.

#91 88 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I didn’t know you can have both playfields active at same time on FGY like you can on Munsters? I thought it was one or the other playfield active on FGY.

Yep, they both are active during StewieMB...very cool how they interact together...

#92 87 days ago

I was looking forward to playing the Premium at MGC and spent at least 2 or 3 hours on it. Liked it a lot.

My only complaint/observations about the mini-pf is that, yes, due to the size it felt a little "toy"-ish, and I got to it way too many times. It should feel more "special", there should be a little more to do to reach it.

#93 87 days ago

Despite the Munsters mini-playfield feeling like a toy, it's pretty cool. Setting the flippers softer would probably make it feel a lot better. I think TBL wins the award for best below-deck playfield though. The bowling alley really ties the machine together!

#94 87 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I've played the Premium at Sunshine Laundromat and stand by my opinion that this is not the best mini playfield.

Fair enough...

#96 86 days ago

Which mini pf do you prefer, out of curiosity? I have several, and generally like them all.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 279.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside