• Munsters Pro 64 votes
    48%
  • Star Wars Pro 68 votes
    52%

(132 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190211_201632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jasontaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

So I just got my tax return, and I haven't purchased a new pinball machine since Star Trek. I have played both Star Wars and the Munster's pro versions and I love them equally. What are your opinions about both of these titles and which of the 2 would you get? I realize it's a very personal choice.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Your choices couldn't be more different.
Sparse playfield with lightning fast flow & deep rules vs. nice looking & smooth playing game with easy rules...
What do you prefer?
Munsters is new, so it's more compelling, but you'll save lot if you just get a used SW Pro and from that Money you can go on vacation with your Family or something.

I think your right about The Munsters. Maybe its newness is what is drawing me in. I wish Star Wars had a little more on the playfield. The PREMIUM model is just too high for my budget but I do like the little extras. Thanks guys for your comments. Im will keep watching for more

#12 5 years ago

Everyone has been making some great points about buying a Star Wars Pro. I think you are correct and I will certainly save money. I think that's the direction I'm going to go in, and maybe down the road buy a Munsters at a reduced price.
You guys are awesome. I'm glad I came here to ask and get your opinions.
I shall keep watching the marketplace. If anyone has a Star Wars Pro in the New England area and would like to sell it, drop me a PM.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you like them both equally i would go with whatever theme that you like the best. I think Munsters is the better game personally.

I am a hugh Star Wars fan. I have owned every SW pin at one point or another. I love the fact this pin focuses on episode 4, 5 + 6 and not the others. As others have mentioned, I can play with this machine and sell it down the road then buy a discounted Munsters

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

SW isn’t the same game without the hyper speed ramp. That shot is so important to the game and I so much easier to hit on the pro. It’s so satisfying to hit it on the premium, but sucks big time when it doesn’t get up the fork ramp, especially when you hit the shot perfectly and still get the reject.
I loved SWPREM, but sold it after 10
Months. It is super complicated, a little too complicated in the end. Add
In the frustration level, and it just was too much to be a long term keeper for me.
The light show is incredible, and I think the playfield is gorgeous, fast and fun. SR is my fave designer of all time, so it’s def a fun pin.
Not sure you can go wrong, like LERMOD said, pick the theme you like more.

Oh I love both themes. Who can forget ol Herman Munster in Pet Sematary or My Cousin Vinny (Whats a yut). But I did grow up with SW. When I saw SW last year at the NE Pin show, I wasnt in love with it. There didnt appear too many toys.
Now that I am in the market for a Spike machine, my first choice was The Munsters. But I think what others here have said makes a lot of sence.
Now that I have made my mind up and want SW, you guys are making me want a prem model. I just dont think I can swing that kind of cash. When I had Star Trek, I was 100% happy with the pro model, and didnt want any other model. Im hoping I will feel this same way about the SW pro.
I need to play it again next weekend. What I dislike about places that have it is you cant hear it and I think a game like Star Wars has such classic music and fun movie clips, they are important to be heard.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If you want Star Wars with more on the Palyfield go Star Trek (Pro).

I have owned on and off ST Pro and your right, that's a great pin. I want a spike title now. I am keeping my eyes open for a SW pro or prem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jasontaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-or-star-wars-pro?tu=Jasontaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.