5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by twinmice
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobertWinter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I've had a chance to play a Munsters Pro for about 3 hours so I understand where everyone's opinions are coming from regarding code in its current state. The game is still great fun to play, satisfying shots, fun music and callouts and of course one of the best-looking pins to date.

As a programmer, I also understand that trying to massively change or overhaul the code would be a major task which doesn't need to happen. That's why my idea is more of an *addition* to the end of the code.

So yes, Munster Madness *can* be easy to get to. I'm not a great player by any means so I've only started it twice so far. I didn't complete it either time.

Here's what I'm thinking. Leave the main game as it is. But make Munster Madness part of a step towards a final mode. Basically it would go like this - play the main game, start Munster Madness. You now have to collect all the character portraits as you do now, hitting Herman three times, Lily four times, etc. If you don't collect all the portraits before the ball ends, you start at that same position the next time you start Munster Madness. Or this could be an option adjustment where it resets every time.

Once you have completed the portraits, the mode ends and you must get to Munster Madness *again* and complete all the portraits a second time. This could also be user adjustable. You could set the wizard mode qualifier to 2, 3 or more Munster Madness completions (by completion I mean collecting all the portraits).

Once you have the required number of Munster Madness completions, you now light a shot to start the wizard mode. Hit that shot to start....

UNMASK ZOMBO!

(or some other catchy name)

This is the final wizard mode where you are Eddie, trying to ultimately unmask the character Zombo. The character is already on the game's artwork so it's the perfect tie-in. The purpose of this mode is to reveal Zombo as a fake, utilizing the Zombo clips from the show. It could be that a shot on the playfield is flashing. Hit that shot and the next shot flashes. If you don't hit the flashing shot within a certain amount of time, the shot moves. Maybe start with a single ball and when you make the next shot, another ball is added. The intensity needs to build as the mode progresses.

Every time a flashing shot is completed another Zombo clip could be played or some type of display progress towards the final unmasking. Once you've completed all the shots, the final clip of Zombo being unmasked is played and some playfield ballyhoo happens.

Obviously this is just a very rough idea and the finer details of the mode would need to be worked out but I think giving the player something to achieve *beyond* Munster Madness would take the game to another level.

Any input, thoughts or criticisms are welcome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobertWinter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-my-idea-for-a-wizard-mode?tu=RobertWinter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.