(Topic ID: 234475)

Munsters LE or MBrLE

By slavin20

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C8342A3D-C9CC-45A2-82B7-8CCFE9AB762F (resized).jpeg
    E93302E7-2282-4B5E-93F7-A8ABE895DB65 (resized).jpeg
    DD27DD40-5CEA-4871-82F3-B0FA3A239612 (resized).jpeg
    645CB585-29AF-446A-9E6E-5CC76F437937 (resized).jpeg
    A1CD609F-0D84-41FE-8A3B-FACBE78D1605 (resized).jpeg
    77294C08-304D-494B-913C-2BE23C5F92D1 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

Which one do you choose Monster Bash LE remake or Munsters LE?

#2 5 years ago

Hard to say without playing Munsters LE. If I had to make an absolute guess I'd say Monster Bash LE because of the price and the known fun factor.

#3 5 years ago

Played a version of both. (MBr SE and Munsters Premium ) Munsters for me! Better game in my opinion. Although I must be honest, I own a MB original.

#4 5 years ago

For me I would choose munsters le because I already own a MB original.

#5 5 years ago

MB now, maybe Munsters later after the hype has settled and we actually know if it’s good or not.

#6 5 years ago

Look forward to trying Munsters out. For now I would need to pick Monster Bash.

#7 5 years ago

If I was speculating, it comes down to which do I think will hold more value when I am ready to get rid of it, or which one I am reasonably sure is going to remain in my collection for a lot longer time. I ordered a MBrLE after playing one at Expo. I don’t ever expect a top 10 pinball title to ever rotate out of my collection. $8.3K is gone, and if it were not for the fact my nephew is in my will to get all my pinball stuff when I die, they would be burying me in it. So now would I spend the $9K+ for the Munsters LE not knowing how it was rated, not ever played one, don’t have a clue on how valuable down the road they might be? No, I could not pull the trigger on that, so the MBrLE is kind of a no brainer, especially since I have played one and think it is better than the original with integrated RGB GI, integrated topper, armor, better sound, speaker lights, larger color display, etched lockdown, 2yr warranty. Munsters has a lot to offer a Munster lover, but Monster Bash has been giving pinball lovers the love for 20 years. Thats a pretty good track record to bet on.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

.., so the MBrLE is kind of a no brainer, especially since I have played one and think it is better than the original with integrated RGB GI, integrated topper, armor, ....

Good grief.

#9 5 years ago

no brainer. MBR LE for sure - Munsters is very poor needs a total code rethink but even then not a lot to hit!

#10 5 years ago

MB.

Original

#11 5 years ago

Passed on MB many times, best looking pin ever made, don’t like playing it. That is just my opinion , everyone else
    has theirs . Munsters LE from watching the stream, was all it took for me to order the LE from Cointaker .

#12 5 years ago

Well obviously you have no opinion on a choice between MBrLE and Munsters LE but instead thought everyone wanted to know your opinion on my opinion? I am honored.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Well obviously you have no opinion on a choice between MBrLE and Munsters LE but instead thought everyone wanted to know your opinion on my opinion? I am honored.

I don't as I haven't played either yet.
    I don't need to play MBRLE to figure out if it's better than the original because of shiny lights and armor; that's rookie shit. I'll let you clean that mess up.

#14 5 years ago

I am going with MB. Toys are some of the best in any game ever made . Code is complete although not very deep it’s still good. Price is better. Build quality is better and imo the system is more reliable.

#15 5 years ago

Interesting.

I have no idea but if I was considering these two I would be interested in either the Munsters pro or MBr ce.

#16 5 years ago

@thelaw, I respect that since you havent played them. My point wasn't so much all the shiny shit as much as it was the strength of the original title, the shiny bits are just part of the woohoo! factor for me, comparing my experiences over the years of playing OG MB to my play of the LE at Expo. I havent played a Munsters, and will not probably get to before all the LE’s sell out. I am certainly not going to be buying any pins sight unplayed. But I do expect, if I really want a Munsters LE in the future, they will come on the market in a couple of years if not sooner and I will get it then. If it turns into the next Addams Family would really surprise me.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from slavin20:

Which one do you choose Monster Bash LE remake or Munsters LE?

Why can't I have both?

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I am certainly not going to be buying any pins sight unplayed.

For me that's more an LE thing. Really my answer to the question is neither, because I don't see any advantages to LEs from an maker.
    Other than that, it's a rinse and repeat answer. You know 100% what you're getting with MB and Munsters is a mystery on how the software will develop.
    Bought site unseen /early before; sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't.

Also the OG has only made 4 posts and they'll all aboot MBRLE so I don't take it very seriously.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Why can't I have both?

Thats my plan

#20 5 years ago

Just remember you can get the full featured game the way it was intended for 500 more than Munsters pro.

That and the MB CE has twice as many cool toys as the Premium which is priced 1500 higher

#21 5 years ago

Haven't really looked cause I'll buy one used in a couple years but I thought all the MBLE's were sold. Retarded ass topic anyhow.

#23 5 years ago

Agreed that MB looks better than it plays. Still love to own one. No interests in LE's or toppers, though. Pissing away money imo. MB classic edition with color upgrade and Munster pro is a better comparison, imo. Similar in price and features. I think I would lean towards Munsters but really need to play one first.

#24 5 years ago

I am getting both. Sold my Iron Maiden Pro , Catacomb, Motordome and Grand Lizard to make room.
    I was totally NO Go on Munsters but Stern gave me a sucker punch and I had no choice but spend spend spend.

What really sucks is I'm considering Deadpool Premium on top of all that. I've been playing the crap out of it up
    at 1Up in Greenwood Village.

#25 5 years ago

My personal opinion:

Munsters...
    -The essence of "The Munsters" is in B&W, the LE should have been made 1/2 B&W and 1/2 color.
    -No topper, this title deserved a nice one since the beginning.
    -Side rails and lock down bar, I think that those should have match the legs.
    -The golden inserts in that spider web... I don’t know, It is too much.
    -Lower playfield I think it is a very nice touch.
    -Disrespectful in certain way the change from 500 to 600 for the owners...(just keep the word for respect to the 500 owners).

Monster Bash...
    -The topper of Monster Bash it is extremely nice.
    -Code is ready, so no need to beg for updates or hear complaints about bugs for a year.
    -That Electric Blue it looks incredible in my opinion(well done CGC)

I will try in March a Munsters Premium(Instant Classic Pinball just for the fact that is in B&W, that’s respect for the original tv show), and I hope that is a good game, otherwise I will buy blindfolded a MBR.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Haven't really looked cause I'll buy one used in a couple years but I thought all the MBLE's were sold. Retarded ass topic anyhow.

Nah. Plenty LE's out there to be had. A few even listed here to take over.

#27 5 years ago

sry you meant mbr..I missed that

#28 5 years ago

MB CE in the back of my van and on the way home.

#29 5 years ago

Some pics

645CB585-29AF-446A-9E6E-5CC76F437937 (resized).jpeg645CB585-29AF-446A-9E6E-5CC76F437937 (resized).jpeg77294C08-304D-494B-913C-2BE23C5F92D1 (resized).jpeg77294C08-304D-494B-913C-2BE23C5F92D1 (resized).jpegA1CD609F-0D84-41FE-8A3B-FACBE78D1605 (resized).jpegA1CD609F-0D84-41FE-8A3B-FACBE78D1605 (resized).jpegC8342A3D-C9CC-45A2-82B7-8CCFE9AB762F (resized).jpegC8342A3D-C9CC-45A2-82B7-8CCFE9AB762F (resized).jpegDD27DD40-5CEA-4871-82F3-B0FA3A239612 (resized).jpegDD27DD40-5CEA-4871-82F3-B0FA3A239612 (resized).jpegE93302E7-2282-4B5E-93F7-A8ABE895DB65 (resized).jpegE93302E7-2282-4B5E-93F7-A8ABE895DB65 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #30 5 years ago

My LE is here. Unboxing tonight. Anxiety is real.. Real - Waiting until done with Email..

#31 5 years ago

Stream it or take video of you playing it. Need more LE goodness.

I know munsters is a looker but to me nothing beats the look of a brand new monster bash. It's the definition of pinball

#32 5 years ago

I just ordered MBR se. I'm kinda sour on the new Stern ride. just too early to bite on Deadpool or Munsters.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Stream it or take video of you playing it. Need more LE goodness.
    I know munsters is a looker but to me nothing beats the look of a brand new monster bash. It's the definition of pinball

What is it the definition of pinball?

#34 5 years ago

Munsters LE by a long shot best looking pinball in decades

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

What is it the definition of pinball?

BigD - you're actually the definition of pinball! ; )

When I think about pinball and then I see that cabinet - it's instant smiles. It just reminds me of classic pinball and what makes pinball so great.

#36 5 years ago

Munsters LE!!!!

#37 5 years ago

they both gonna drop 1k in price huo in less than a year, then you can buy one play it sell it and get the other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-le-or-mbrle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.