(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2067 5 years ago

I really have zero interest in this theme, but that LE cabinet is beautiful.

#2138 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

You know there was a time I thought JJP was going to bury Stern, and now I think its totally the other way around. Stern is light years ahead now that they are making code a priority and have been putting out great titles

Competition will do that, usually.

#2244 5 years ago

what this game needs is 5 upper playfields.

#2251 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

well ur opinion is horseshit, Stern doesn't care about CGC and JJP or any of the other boutique companies, maybe once one of them becomes an actual threat but for now and the forseeable future Stern is king and with good reason.

I doubt that is true. These are high priced items. Any competition at all takes away from their sales. They went years with no competition, and frankly it showed during most of that time. I would be concerned if they WEREN'T concerned. Competition is always good for the consumer - because it forces companies to try or close up shop. We can applaud them for sticking it out in the lean times, but to completely write off everyone else as inconsequential is naive. I also cannot stress enough how the pinball market has changed in the last 15 years.

#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern is selling a HELL of a lot more pins this decade than last.
From their perspective, the competition has meant didly-squat.

Pinball is in a resurgence, but it will be temporary. The competition is fairly new. I guarantee you it is on their minds. I doubt there's 'we need to take them out' mentality like with some areas of capitalism, but it should make them step up their game on all fronts.

I do think it is way too early to say anything about this game though.

#2255 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I they 100% have that mentality. Which is fine, but let's not kid ourselves here. They don't try and steal licenses out from other companies because it's fun, they're happy to bury everyone who's a threat. A sale to anyone else is a potential lost sale fort them. Pinball isn't a "we're all in this together" kind of industry.

Sadly I was hoping it was The more the merrier I say. But yea :/

#2270 5 years ago

Well, who would have thought there would be a Munsters pin 50 years after the fact? Even if it is a competition at least a new one is coming out.

Fun fact. The Addams Family and The Munsters started the same week in 1964.

#2271 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I would a RUSH pin. One of my favorite progressive rock bands of all time!!!!!

Yea, but those 10 minute ball times would kill the bar quarters.

#2276 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Agree the climate is much different these days. To compare a game that came out 25+ years ago to a new Stern is not a good comparison. I'd have a hard time believing Stern can make a better game than Addams.

I've never understood the appeal of TAF. Never liked the theme, or the gameplay. It's weird that of all the games, that is the best selling of all time. Had to just be timing. I mean, I understand that enough like it to justify it, so it's just a personal opinion that I am one of those that don't, but not really sure why it did as well as it did and nothing else did as well. There are better games that came out after IMO.

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Your logic is flawed. You're claiming that anytime someone buys a JJP game, it's a lost Stern sale? Like they would just have to have bought ANY game? No matter the theme? Wrong.

No, it is still yours. It's not a zero sum game. While some JJP or CGC or whoever games may not cut into it, you still have the 'either or' scenario. The majority of people aren't buying everything that comes out, they choose. So yes, if they have more to choose from it definitely can cut into Sterns sales.

#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I paid $3800 NIB for my Tron.

Oh the days when that was expensive...

#2384 5 years ago

A Muenster theme would make some cheddah.

#2412 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yes there are many games that get old fast FH

You're NOT funny. *colbert*

#2452 5 years ago

So what I'm hearing is we can expect the next couple of Stern releases to be Attack From Venus and Darkage Dungeons...oh wait...those aren't licensed properties, so it won't be those...althought Darkage Dungeons has a nice ring to it.

1 week later
#2684 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I'm not impressed by it. Slap Lawlor's name on it, an incoherent layout with Mick-on-a-stick, and apparently a small, but vocal minority of Pinsiders go ape shit.

You can say what you want, but we spent about 4 hours on it and absolutely loved it. I agree when we saw the pictures of the theme we weren't drawn to it, but stepping up to it and actually playing it and seeing what it was proved our initial thoughts wrong.

#2686 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I agree in general, but some games do get affected severely by theme. Buck Hunter and Roller Coaster Tycoon come to mind.

I dunno, I was really excited to see RCT as a pin...until I played it.

#2687 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Kind of wish we were talking about Munsters, but since this has gotten this far off topic, including myself, not sure what else we can conjecture or speculate about... Just hoping they had great access to source material, and it is a great shooter. Theme is a no brainer on Munsters, what with the success of other campy horror pins.
But to go with the flow of discussion on theme or game or what makes one better than the other, why not look at it from a real life angle? People keep trying to seperate theme from game so why not look at a reskin and talk about it? Like Shrek on top of FG? Or pick any title that is a retheme (Bewitched?) and make your arguments for and against. Just a thought.

What is there to talk about? I've watched this thread for weeks...and well..it's just a bunch of nothing and people talking about dumping money into something they don't even know what it looks like 100% yet. Never understood the 'stay on topic' people when there is essentially nothing 'on topic' to talk about. That's how a thread dies.

#2734 5 years ago

Did I miss in there where it mentions premium at all? Still showing nothing that really means anything yet. Just a cabinet.

#2746 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Wasn’t guardians worse than bm66? It pretty much had almost no code the first time I played it. It was pretty much unplayable.

I don't know, but man I played it last week and it is probably the worst game I've played in years. Just...not...fun. (I'm sure someone out there likes it though).

The general...lack of completion is why I'm not getting excited over this yet. I'm not huge on the theme, but that's never stopped me. If the game is fun, the game is fun, but it seems a trend to have incomplete code that may or may not get fixed - maybe that wasn't a huge deal on routes, but for home use that is...not as fun. I reserve judgement until I've stood in front of one and done some pelvic thrusts though.

#2749 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Common guys, you can let us know your really excited as you monitor this thread!
Someone not interested would not spend time here - you sure you don’t already have your down payment in?

It's not 'not interested' it's not 'hyped'. Of course I'm excited to see what they do, but as yet..not a lot to get excited aboot unless you're a big Munsters fan.

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So looks like Munsters is going to officially be a '2019' title, first week of January would be my guess for announcement. Really curious to see what they do with underside playfield on Premium/LE.
Have to appreciate Stern's new game launches....No info and tight lips-games built and shipped, leaked sub-par photos, and then boom-games on location and in collectors homes. No bullshit-take it or leave it-I love it!

Is this part of their forced 'buy this or you don't get our next game' thing? Because this seems like a really bad way to promote a new product. There is no way I'd put a pre-order in for a machine that has so little information.

#2828 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stern isnt asking anyone to put pre orders in and they never ever give out any mind of information on their games before they launch. Anything you see has been leaked.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding then, I thought people said they'd already put in pre orders.

#2911 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I sold all my games at home and just play on route and couldn’t be happier as route has every new game plus tons more.

That's an option for a pretty small percent of the population. All these barcades will close up sooner rather than later sadly.

#2997 5 years ago

Just no. Please don't feed the beast. What you end up is a bunch of half working things that never actually get completed and bugs that never get fixed. You are making the assumption that they'll ever touch it after it is released. Maybe it's because I'm a lifelong gamer and IT person but I'm personally getting tired of being an unpaid beta tester for companies more concerned about release dates than a quality product.

1 week later
#3257 5 years ago

How exactly ARE they marketing? How are they getting non-pin enthusiast Beatles fans to know about this? I wouldn't know about it if I wasn't on this site. And, only the really really big enthusiasts and route people have any clue about distros.

#3312 5 years ago

AFMMBWNAB

#3316 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

and...a license plate thought

could just call it GRAMPS

#3321 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I worry that’s Elvira

Well...if the bra fits...

#3345 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Anyone got a confirmed price structure from their distributor?

10k, 20k, 30k (it's after christmas)

#3350 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't really know the Munsters show but isn't Herman a good guy? Are there any villains or antagonists in the show that would serve as good bash toys or is it more of a sitcom? It doesn't really make sense to bash someone that's a good guy but I guess they did it with Optimus Prime in Transformers so I wouldn't rule it out.

Wasn't he always hitting his head because he was so tall? I don't remember, but you are correct. The Munsters were good people (it was a sitcom). The 'bad' people were really just society that didn't like their 'wierdness'. I don't remember if there was any actual 'nemesis'.

#3367 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is anyone other than me starting to lose interest because this game is taking so damn long to be announced?

Therapists call that 'impulse buying'.

#3382 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im in that group also, matter if fact im more excited about Elvira than i am Munsters. They are both pretty much dream themes for me.

I'm not in the know here. Who's making that? I love both the Elvira pins.

#3418 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If Stern keeps raising prices, location pinball tables, here we all come!
Cutting out all the middle men would be good, but distros wouldn’t like that. They say after sales service is important, but I end up fixing most any and all issues myself and I think most people do too.
Maybe Stern needs to consider a direct ordering system along with direct download system and lower or keep prices down. With modern online shopping, do we really need to pay for all the old infrastructure???

With the new stern board system, if the 'fix' is to send the board in, you don't need service people.

#3429 5 years ago

Personally, I think the B&W would look pretty cool with colored lights (I have my own personal experience with this and know that it works) but it really depends on the contrast. It works with games like Centaur because it is mostly black. If the game is more White/Grey, I would think the ball would be hard to follow. I've never seen the B&W TZ in person, but the pics I've seen lead me to believe it would be hard to track the ball during play.

#3449 5 years ago

Yea I would definitely have to see/play it in person before I could commit to the B&W, but it still looks cool.

#3550 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Just realized. If there is a reveal stream tonight this thread will hit 4k post by midnight.

Where at??

#3598 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Think of the money Stern will save on colored inks. That's one cost cutting measure that I never even thought of. Kudos to Stern, B&W for every pin from here on out.

Nah, next step is "Theme your Own Pin". "Oh you think you can come up with a better theme than us? Here you go" Just bare wood and a box of crayons. Unleash your imagination!

#3621 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well I'm hearing the playfield on Prem is indeed B&W so I look forward to the teeth gnashing, nothing like a good Pinside gripe session to fill the cold grey days of early January. I know I'm having trouble getting back into my work groove, how about you?

It really seems like they would have made that an LE. Seems odd to make such a drastic change on the Prem. Maybe it looks and plays amazing though.

And yes....I should be working and not posting :p

#3644 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

IMO the answer is simple: it's a risk. They don't want people passing on the LE because the costs of the extra stuff is less than the markup, it's easy money. The Premium isn't as big a risk because if there's a backlash they just roll out Prem V2 Now In Color™ and people deal with it. They can't change the LE, it will set a bad precedent, but we've already seen the 'new' Premium thing before. Don't forget Metallica:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/will-the-metallica-table-help-pinball-ride-the-lightning-to-relevance/
No Monsters Premium at launch, just Roadcase, which people hated on. So boom, new Prem with Donny artwork appears.

Makes sense.

#3832 5 years ago

I just hope it has at least 3 balls. If it's 2 balls I'm out. Same with the legs.

#3958 5 years ago

Anyone else receive their LE yet? The Grandpa ball smasher toy is a bit ethically questionable (and painful to watch), but otherwise it's fun.

#3996 5 years ago

I like the looks of it so far.

#4018 5 years ago

is it just perspective or are the lower playfield balls smaller?

#4059 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Not having a ball save on a home machine is no big deal. Location play is much different when half the time the games aren't setup perfectly leading to cheap and infuriating drains... especially when plunking down a buck a play.

It's got ball save, they have it set to off.

#4093 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

They were playing an LE isnt that supposed to have the Stern version of invis-glass?

The main does, but the mini pf doens't. That's where it is reflecting.

#4579 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Yet all credible sources with a synopsis of this character mysteriously make no mention of this!
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=herman+munster+sitcom+star
So just another desperate groping of that community to coopt someone as one of their own.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=first+gay+sitcom+star

It is a bit of a stretch to say he was gay. His character was supposed to be the opposite of the 'monster' he was portrayed as. He was a down to earth, emotional touchy feely 'nice' guy. Back then it was used for comedy.

#4585 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Are there any links to gameplay videos? I missed them all and doubt i can catch it today.....

Just hunt youtube. deadflip's streams are on there.

#4599 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sonic Pinball would actually kinda make sense...since he's often rolled into a ball, moving super fast, and traveling on loops & corkscrews. It would translate to pinball well. They could even ship it with blue balls!

They already did it back on the Genesis. Sonic Spinball. Agreed though, it would be a good theme for a real pin.

#4742 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The artwork is gorgeous on this game and I wouldn’t change a thing. All Stern games have awesome artwork. I am glad that they haveChris Franchi, Dirty Donnie and Zombie Yeti making these games beautiful for us. Sterns art packages are the best in the business by far.

A few tables maybe, but most of the photoshop job packages leave quite a bit to be desired. Much of that is because of the licenses. Only so much you can do when you are using existing assets around a known property. IMO GotG and GoT are a couple of the worst looking pins of the new age. Many of the AC/DC themes are pretty meh too.

#4752 5 years ago

It doesn't matter how many comparisons you make, ultimately pins have been being made for 40 years. You have to keep in mind that fan works for general game play. Very few new things you can do that someone isn't going to compare it to because that is how the human mind works, and limited space and physics that work with bottom playfield flippers. Some of the more inventive things cost money, but really don't relate to actual layout.

#4997 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

luci vault ring a bell?

Luci was a premium, not an LE

#5082 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I get people are unreasonably upset about commiting to buy a material object valued at an overly large amount based on the collectability of said object when it was reportedly limited to 500 of these objects but suddenly the unintegral manufacturer decided to increase that value by 100 more so there are now only 600 people with the exclusive right to own one of these seemingly unlimited, yet limited editions of said object instead of the published and promised 500 which is a change of 20% on your odds of owning one over the 7 billion other non-pinball playing people on the planet who could not care less.
But I am not sure it matters to me, I have to get past the “we are already getting a MBrLE, so no Munster LE soup for you” response the wife is feeding me right now... good thing she’s coming to TPF so she can flip one. Too bad all 600 will be sold out by then. So she has to settle for the Premium eh? The plot thickens...

Or just wait??? There'll be LE's coming up for sale in a year at a discount when Stern decides to make another 400 of them.

#5247 5 years ago

We need CGC to announce the Munsters Remake in 6 months.

#5440 5 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks the LE backglass image is the best one? I keep seeing everyone bag on it. I think the casket is the best cab art. I love the B&W but overall the art on all of the playfields is okay at best.

Also, how long until real flame shooting Spot mods?

#5465 5 years ago

so does it know 'where' you hit it, or is it just bash anywhere on it a number of times?

#5468 5 years ago

Eh, I guess it's something different. I'd have to play it before I call it lame.

#5630 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:They say everything goes in cycles. Is this the next golden age of pinball?

If by gold you mean does it take a gold bar to buy one? Yeah.

#5653 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, I know that....but then it just turns it into the game I already have. So, decided to just stick with that.

Completely makes sense if you already own one.

#5671 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't be shy about this opinion. It is correct, at least for the B/W era.

Never had a chance to play Shadow, but I keep hearing people say how good it is. Not a theme I would have tripped over myself to play, but will have to keep an eye out for one.

#5718 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I think the title of this thread needs to change again. “Munsters Hysteria” is starting to seem more fitting. This train just keeps on arollin’.

Crazy that anyone would have strong opinions/concerns on a 5k-8k product. Ever been to a TV forum? Extremely more critical than here.

1 week later
#6077 5 years ago

When did pinball stop being about high scores and about reaching 'the end' and how long it takes to get there?

#6179 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would have to agree, if you can afford a NIB pinball machine nowadays-you probably are doing ok financially. Should people be worried about potentially losing money if they sell in the future-no. These are just big boy toys and if you have enough disposable income to buy one then I would consider yourself fortunate. Many LE machines have depreciated over original value recently, so chances are Munsters may depreciate as well. People should not be concerned about losing or making money off newer pins, I lost my ass on X-MEN LE-but I still flippin love it. Lost out on Ghostbusters LE-but I still love it, Lost out on Star Wars LE-but I still love it, the list goes on and on. Buy a game for the pinball passion-and sometimes you lose and sometimes you win when it comes time to sell. Funny-all of my LE machines have lost money from date of purchase-but have all become keepers-so I guess if I never sell-I never lose?

You're talking about a difference between the rich and the uber rich. There's a difference..even if the government pretends there's not.

#6184 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No one's getting rich driving for Uber.

Then they're doing it wrong. I made my first billion in uber. Let's hope they never find the bodies.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.