(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8,181 posts
  • 659 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by guss
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 950 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (1 year ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 1 year ago

Makes sense. Lasted as long on tv as TAF. Potential reboot in the works too so the timing makes sense. Could be fun if there was a raising stairs ramp and a sub playfield for the dungeon.

3 months later
#639 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Yep the pro and premium will be drastically different

This will be the haunted house mansion 1313 Mockingbird Lane under glass

Would it be safe to assume then that the Pro won't have a sub-PF for Grandpa's basement while Prem/LE do (similar to ACDC)?

Also this game needs cobwebs... lots of cobwebs. Maybe a dust effect on the plastics too.

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Is that speculated... more "wishful thinking" feature fact allready?

It's hard to show, but I was quoting a response to someone asking someone "in the know" specifically about things like Grandpa's basement, and the response was that it would be very "Haunted House" in nature. Obviously just fishing for information, but it seemed like something very close to a confirmation.

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I truthfully dont want a lower playfield because i just dont like them. You dont have to have a lower playfield to have grandpas basement. That could be shown on animation after shooting the ball into the basement.

To each their own. Probably the same with uppers too. No one ever raves about AS or WoZ uppers. But those uppers do mix it up a bit.

Some lowers (like AC/DC) don’t really get me going, but certain lowers (Congo & HH for example) add a really cool element to the game.

If Munsters were to have a “Grandpas Basement”, AND it were to be well designed to add an extra element to the game, I think it would do the IP justice... especially if access is a hinged trap door on the floor of the first level.

1 week later
#776 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another price increase is coming most likely and Stern is going shove these LE's down the distro's throats, and the distro's are going to demand "non refundable deposits".
STOP the BS, seriously

Preach! Loving this Truth campaign!!!

2 weeks later
#878 1 year ago
Quoted from Gost2dp:

Did anyone see this yet? I found this looking for Southpark blades,
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/single-post/2018/08/29/The-Munsters-Sneak-Peak

Most people. It’s why half the posts in this thread exist.

3 weeks later
#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Spot under the stairs!!! It's a MUST!!!! Would be a bad ass shot to make him roar. There are a TON of things that could be added.

It’s a total “must” under the stairs ramp, but hopefully the ramp shot isn’t as bad as TWD Prem/LE compared to TWD Pro. Whar a night a day difference in rejects between the two.

1 month later
#2030 1 year ago

I like it. Mostly because I grew up watching the show with my mother, but also because the artwork looks terrific.

It does seem that Stern is going right after MBr with this layout as the right-hand side very closely follows the MB layout.

From right to left:
Standup bank
Right Orbit
Right Ramp
Scoop just to the left of right ramp
3-Pop cluster behind scoop
Up the gut central shot (can't see what it does on Munsters)
Dude with large green head shot

The left looks a bit more varied as the loop around left ramp on MB is replaced with a lift ramp w/ bash toy, and Creech is replaced with a side-entrance Dragula launch (to orbit or maybe a 3rd ramp) protected by a target bar.

All eyes focused on the Premium. That's where Stern can turn this MBr competition up to 11.

3 weeks later
#2929 1 year ago

You'd think for the price of Primus, they could at least include the Prem/LE edition of the Munsters manual!

1 week later
#3249 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

as a comparative example >> DP pro has over 250 accounted for on here and 130 on route

Careful. When I made the exact same comparison last week, people said Beatles had only been out for a short time and it wasn't a fair comparison... while failing to realize that if you wanted a Beatles by now, you have one.

#3526 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

How many threads will there be once thinga are finally revealed?
Ill put the over under at 4 new ones.

I’m betting the house on the over.

#3557 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Dunno, more than what this gentlemen did though, I don’t even think he’s getting the game...it was kind of just a “well heck, let’s have a club thread”:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-munsters-official-owners-club-theyre-creepy-and-theyre-spooky

Because for a few people on this site, it’s more about them and not the actual topic. They want to be the person that breaks something or starts a thread for a false sense of importance. Just like people that post “FIRST” in YouTube comments.

#3653 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

All 3 versions on display Tuesday.
Borg knocked this design out of the stratosphere! When’s the last time a lower pf had a ramp and a wireform ?

...so basically the Pro is ultra gimped?

#3746 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

BOOM!

#3751 1 year ago

I’ll just say it now... color art looks great but zooming in on B&W cab brings me back to the old tv show.

Someone earlier said it’s both a color and B&W show. The original was tried in color but ultimately filmed in B&W, so I think this is a really cool option to be authentic. It’s a B&W show.

#3802 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

b and w premium sucks!

I think it's awesome they're taking an artistic "risk" here. If you don't like the B&W Premium, guess what, you're actually not obligated to buy one! And you know once all LE's are shipped, they'll release a color Premium or maybe Vault one down the road.

I personally hope the B&W PF looks as nice as the cabinet and then a lot of people buy it... and then because all the anti-B&W people won't ever own one, that I can scoop up a B&W Premium on the cheapy in the 2nd hand market.

#3851 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

2pm eastern correct?

That's what I heard.

Quoted from underlord:

Love him or hate him.
I’m in the meh category.

I think it's time for bublehead to reveal he's really Waspinat0r but his wife hasn't allowed him to sell games daily anymore.

#3879 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So when's the stream.....

When you see 10 new threads posted...
2 - Pictures Revealed!
2 - Stream is Live
1 - Official Club
1 - Are you going to buy...
4 - My thoughts (AKA - "I don't want to post in the Hype or Club threads because I fear my opinion will be buried, so I'm going to start an entirely new thread and rehash opinions others already shared")

#3928 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

There was a post that said Stern pricing would be the same as with Iron Maiden and Deadpool

Translation - IMDN and DP price increase incoming later today!

#3975 1 year ago

Love the stream is in B&W to troll a vocal few here

#4028 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Why does the name Dracula appear on the playfield targets? Isn't that some other franchise.

It's Drag-u-la, and it's their car. Also featured as a song in a much lesser pinball machine

#4170 1 year ago

Laugh track is quickly becoming this game's Abobolee-bo-bo

#4176 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not even remotely. Bobalee Bobo sucks cuz it's a bad voice actor imitating Rooker horribly. Munsters had a laugh track. It fits the theme perfectly.
I keep noticing more excellent touches. Love the xylophone sound that goes with the left ramp shot...it's like the ball action is scored live. Perfect!!!!

The EM sounds in the pops are a nice touch too.

You can argue the merit and fit of the laugh track all you want (I won't even argue it that much because some degree of laugh track is necessary to make the game feel authentic to the show), however, the backlash I'm seeing at the use of it right now is equally on par with Abobolee-bo-bo.

#4419 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I was really hoping to find Lite/Lit and Light on the same machine.. That might be a good challenge

Here's lots of Light (Yellow) & Lite (Orange) on the same machine...
Light vs. Lite (resized).png

#4751 1 year ago

While people discuss recycled layouts, and what you can do with only 2 flippers, I'll ask this riddle.

Ignoring # of flippers, what do the following games all have in common regarding upper PF layout...?

Munsters
IMDN
GOTG
SW
AS
ST
MET
ACDC
GOT
KISS
IM
XM
Probably more I'm forgetting

Answer - They all have a right orbit with the right ramp immediately to the left of them. That's a ton of repetition in one single feature placement across a dozen recent Sterns.

A 2-flipper game doesn't have to feel line a fan layout if you can break up the PF, mix things up, introduce short and long features, include diverters in the layout, and have shots next to each other with different distances. That's why, speaking layouts and feature placement only, I think TWD is such a good 2-flipper layout, same with Deadpool (though one can argue the ramp entrance being to the left of the orbit), and even older games like WCS and CFTBL.

A 2-flipper game really feels like a fan layout when all shot entrances are virtually equidistant from the flippers. It will also feel like recycling when common features are being placed in the same spot over and over again.

1 week later
#5495 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pro looks fine but no idea how it works out to "the most loaded pro ."

This! MET, ST, and IMDN all come to mind as having more.

1 month later
#7866 11 months ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

If you don’t want to see minuscule imperfections in your game, then I highly advise against shining a bright light, and viewing the game at a close up oblique angle.

I hear what you're saying on the whole, but depending on height, that can easily be a player's PoV with the backbox light reflecting down (you can see the Munsters green logo) on the exact center of the PF. It's not like they busted out the magnifying glass and then hit it with a secondary light source at an 89 degree angle.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Bay Village, OH
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
4,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside