(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8,181 posts
  • 659 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by guss
  • Topic is favorited by 110 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 950 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (1 year ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wotto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5574 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Definitely a bummer. We all love drop targets and spinners and every game should have them imo. I dont like the fuel target on MET and like someone said earlier i definitely couldn't imagine a target like this on TWD. These long all in one targets are cheap and not fun. If anything they should ar least make it so that we could buy some drops and install them ourselves and make it so they are plug and play.

Its NEARLY a big part of my decision to buy or not.....yes it could come down to that ( for me ). Love the theme, the art, the clips and PF overall. But these targets and shallow code ( at this stage ) now have me re thinking.

One shot up a ramp to get Marilyn as well?.
Surely this can be adjusted to be a LOT tougher?

#5731 10 months ago

I'm ok with the code but the shallow code COMBINED with those long bar targets that will effectively "take care of themselves" in general gameplay, stops me from rushing in like I was going to.

I think those those long targets will make a simple game WAY TOO easy. And i am far from a great player.

#5848 10 months ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

There's been a Pro on site in a craft bar in the UK since last Friday.
I spent all Saturday in there, but only put half a dozen games on Munsters as I found it so boring, the rest of the time was spent on The Beatles - a far superior game, and it wasn't just me. People were queuing for TB, rather than play Munsters, it was the least played game on the ground floor. Other games on the ground floor included IMdn, PotC JJ, DP, SW, GotG, DI, BM66.

Man what a bloody great shame it is that I keep hearing this as people play the machine- I was 100 thousand % in when I saw this released - but such a large % of players are reporting this back after they play it . Not being a negative nancy here, just sayin that 12k ( here in AUS ) is bigtime coin to throw at a Premium machine so you would expect great gameplay with such a FANTASTIC theme. I am now SUPER CAUTIOUS and hesitating and waiting until I see / play it , but nervous that it will be as reported.........time will tell I guess. I am so hoping that this current feedback is being vastly exaggerated at this point.

#6014 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

However, in my opinion 5 modes on a modern pin based off of a TV show and costing $6k-$9k is not enough. For the price Stern is charging the level 2 and level 3 modes for the 5 character modes should all be unique with their own unique assets.

100% agree with that statement.

#6047 10 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

replace that stupid idea for a target Lily to a 4 bank drop target for prems and LEs like it should have been from day one....

Squizz, that target and the DRAGULA ultimately made up my mind not to proceed with a 12k AUD Premium. They WERE the deal breaker for me

#6120 10 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Now back to Munsters shallow code....
If Stern and Dwight really do listen to their customers, they would know that the majority are wanting a deaper code!!!

AND DROP TARGETS

#6195 10 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Incorrect, add 4 drop targets to the premiums and LEs Lily bank, and add more depth atleast to level 2s code.

This guys bang on the money.
Agree 100%

#6218 10 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not gonna happen... .. except maybe the code part.

We can dream....come aaaawn, we can dream

#6221 10 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If this is going to be on new Stern's going forward, no way am I buying a NIB.
You can take that to the bank

Same.
Be very hard to pay 10++k to get that rubbish.
Shame.

#6260 10 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

1 in a row does not make a trend.

No ,.it doesn't. However if everyone just sits and accepts it and then throws cash at it then it SETS the next trend.

#6499 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

So Level II does have different content in the form of clips, but it's really not different enough to be satisfying. It really needs an amped up light show or something else to make it feel like anything but doing the same thing you did to complete level I and get to Munster Madness. This really feels like "dark period" Stern code and toys when they were about to go under like 2008ish and Gary laid down the edict that every player should be able to experience most or all of the game features on each game (a terrible idea). Any of these gems from that period get you excited?
Wheel of Fortune
Indiana Jones
CSI
NBA
Buck Hunter Pro
Given that Dwight has cranked out more engaging code for Game of Thrones, Ghostbusters, and Star Wars (even though SW isn't my cup of tea), Munsters is embarrassing. I REALLY REALLY hope it breaks the Dwight standard and gets a substantial round of improvements - it DESPERATELY needs it, especially since the great sales start can be killed dead by poor word of mouth. Ask anyone who bought X-MEN. Even though it was eventually fixed, it took too long and killed the reputation of that title.

Surely the great possibilities of a magnificent theme cannot simply just be held to ransom by one man. I so want this game but not as it stands

Where TF is John Borg?
I would be screaming in the face of someone that gave my design (seemingly) so little.

#6548 10 months ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I mean it would seem more helpful to add what you think a game needs instead of tearing it down .

Drop targets.....lol, has that been mentioned already?

#6592 10 months ago

^^^^^^^^^^ what he said , nice summary

#6635 10 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:Batman66 is a killer game now, top 15 in my books.
Modes are a killer with great stacking too.

Then cross ya fingers Squizz

#6709 10 months ago

LOL - thats the best ever - hahahahaha
back on track.

Hope this game is fun as some are saying

#6873 10 months ago

Did I see Munsters mentioned somewhere in this thread.....?

#6885 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Photoshop for the win

Yeah....but we will take it. Lol

#7034 9 months ago

Played PRO in Sydney this afternoon, it was "ok". Just felt a little empty.

Of course, as half expected the game basically scored LILY for me before I knew it, on that big bar target, a few shots had Herman done, and before I knew it I had 4 of 5 "tasks" lit. And I ain't the greatest player these days.

Needs a LOT more in regards to gameplay.

Most shots felt nice, familiar of course, loops were fast, clean Marilyn shots returned quickly, left ramp not as easy as it looks.

Game looks good, light show is decent albeit I think a little "overdone" with a zillion lights flashing a zillion times. Munsters clips are just fantastic.

Doubt I will be buying (Premium that I had in mind ) if current form remains. Its definitely not rubbish but it isn't thrilling either.

I'm sure others will enjoy its gameplay.

Side note....played Deadpool after Munsters, drop targets, cool crazy layout/shots, interactive with LCD action etc..... completely different experience between the 2 games.

#7296 9 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Does Pinside not have a policy about sellers flooding threads with their products? Aren't they supposed to start a new thread?

Personally I don't mind it.
It may allow us to see something we would otherwise miss in a separate thread.

#7491 9 months ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

... who pays MSRP?

All Aussies

#7579 9 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

You can diabel the lower playfield....

Why would anyone in their right mind buy a version that they pay 2500 AUD more for that gives you one extra thing only in regards to playability............ and then disable it.

#7581 9 months ago

Oh yeah, didnt mean you , mine was a general question about why anyone would do that

#7715 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

At $100, it's a relatively cheap addition worth the cost.

$275 down here in the good old "lucky country"

#7779 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

People who like to bat the ball around will really like it, too. But if you're into mode-based play with varied objectives and tightly theme-integrated gameplay you likely be disappointed over time.

I'm still so "on the fence", waiting for Premiums to land in Oz in May/June.

I will only have / can only fit 4 in collection.
Want 4 fairly different games in PF design, shots and play

Currently own DP and IMDN Premiums.
Tough deep games with tight shots but differing layouts, both unique.

Hope to get a BM66 for a more open PF but deep play.

So maybe a simple , not too deep ( could change over time ), open game like MUN will sit beautifully in that small group and offer different play to others. Also having that lower PF would be another point of difference in a small collection

#7809 9 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sounds like you need to start looking at 90’s games...not NIB Sterns.

Been there done that , back into hobby after a few years out. Owned numerous games in the past Inc WH20, Cftbl, CV, TSPP to name just a few.

Loving these new Sterns now .....

#7810 9 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just need others to email.

I have done so....

#7811 9 months ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Open playfield but deep?
Well, that sounds like Hobbit to me, not like Iron Man, Munsters or Batman

Open PF but deep was referring to BM66.
Not the other games mentioned.

Iron Maiden by the way

#7899 9 months ago

Dimples.
Who really gives a rats about it.

Buy a game.
Play the game
Enjoy the game.
Be concious that you /we can afford as a hobby what many cannot.

That bus that's gunna hit us all could just be rolling your way tomorrow.

#7918 9 months ago

You just selectively missed my bit where I mentioned that any of us could get hit by a bus tomorrow, meaning we all need to lighten up and enjoy what we have today.

So yes, seriously
Enjoy your games

#7940 9 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Majorly uncool the carrier delivered that with no advance scheduling and just left it! I’d be fuming! Let your distributor know that is total BS. So glad you got it inside safe.

No signature.
Then "I never received it".
Send another please.

#7944 9 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Glad there are no pinball loving porch pirates in your area ...

See what I said above.....

#7952 9 months ago

Hey guys. Started some work on some apron cards, mainly with Premium in mind.

Would appreciate feedback good and /or bad , others ideas, so I can proceed.

It's in the Munster Apron Cards thread, didn't want to hijack this thread like the dimples did , so please comment in the Cards thread

#8003 9 months ago

While that looks a lot, unfortunaely the actual additions to gameplay are little and arent anywhere near enough to get this (Munsters fan ) fence sitter over the line yet.

Eagerly watching and awaiting a lot more.....

2 weeks later
#8118 8 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

No one cares anymore because there's a new Stern pin on the horizon. Such is the cycle of "ooh shiny".

I'm still keen to see people's Premiums, which should spark this thread up again.

I just spent my MUN $ on a BM66 due to well mentioned MUN base code however im still keen to see the Prem and hear owner's thoughts as I may revisit a purchase down the track IF code develops.

#8119 8 months ago

And I'm also looking at the new shiny game and it's thread with huge interest....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lower Makefield, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
Trade
Sale Pending!
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7.95
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
Holly Lake Ranch, TX
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wotto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside