(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1715 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Please, enlighten us with your genius and insider knowledge.

Pretty sure on some podcast Dennis said it as been completed for a while?

1 week later
#1815 5 years ago

are there any leaked photos of playfield circulating?

Would like to see if so.

#1821 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

None at all that i am aware of. There were the leaked photos of the cabinet but i assume that you already saw those probably right?

yes

1 week later
#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

At Expo George mentions about Sterns going online (automatically downloading updates etc) next year, maybe Munsters will be the first such release which is the cause for the long window between releases.

it is a shame they would waste any amount of time on a technology their customer base is not asking for and likely wont even want.

I know for certain, i dont want a pinball machine connected to the internet (neither personal nor especially on route).
Stern wont be getting free access to any of my data.

I am not sure why they think this is a feature that is needed???

Pinheads can do updates pretty easy. Non-pinheads and crap operators are never going to update from whatever a game ships with anyway.

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:They think it's a feature needed b/c it's 2018, not 1991. If you're concerned about your data being taken, I would take the computer, tablet, phone or whatever you're using to post on these forums, burn them and hide in a cave.
I applaud stern for ADVANCING pinball and bringing in technology that is utilized in literally everything else and look forward to the obvious add on....real time scoring vs play against friends and online strangers.

auto updating games on route to cause them to be bricked, inadvertently defaulting to free play, taking your data dumps and using it how they see fit, etc...

no thanks

and for the benefit of playing physically different games online against strangers? no thanks. That sounds silly and not what pinball is about (i.e. a real social experience for us nerds to get out of the house and interact)

what is the real supposed benefit of this tech?

#1896 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So let's not advance technology in pinball machines b/c they ship sometimes with incomplete code? I totally get and support what you're saying about Stern revisit and fixing the bugs but considering this is part of their business model (get tables out and revisit later) - would you rather have incomplete code with no wifi abilities or just incomplete code and no wifi?

I would rather they not spend time on the tech and instead invest it in shipping code complete game, without node board issues, with proper QC, etc...

I have never once heard a pinhead clamor that a game "really could use a wifi capability so my game can auto update when I sleep"

This is a simple root cause analysis.

Stern Guy 1:Hey guys... we ship all these incomplete code games and then operators dont update months later... what should we do?
Stern Guy 2: I know, let's add wifi contention. That way we can update games on the fly. *bonus points that we can also access route data, home buyer data, and set up a network of big data to help us better market. We could even start cold calling locations to sell them games (seems crazy but it has already been done by others using Pinside map >> gotta love when your location say "hey, I just got a call from XXX and they told me a new Stern is coming out >> I want that one in our location if you want to keep the contract here")

Root cause real answer : Ship the damn games code complete (at least tot he point that a lazy OP that never updates does not have a negative impact on your brand)

#1897 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I love this statement. Playing people online against strangers.......is silly? It's like you woke up from a 30 year coma.
Online gaming/competition is literally part of this society's DNA for having fun. Pinball FX is doing it right now and making a name for themselves b/c they have integrated tech with pinball. Stern has the best hand yet - real pins with real physics. Let's do this.

Video games are not physical pinball. Sorry but I dont see it working and seems silly to even waste the time (or extra cost passed on the to customer) for something that is un-needed.

Quoted from lordloss:

You sell your data back to the company for favors and early games... makes sense why you in particular dont want them to have it for free

Time for you to prove some of these lies you keep spouting.

#1901 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I would also hope that this WiFi ability wouldn’t lead to paid monthly subscriptions that are mandatory for a pin to operate. This would also mean one would have to purchase internet and incur another operating expense on top of all the other expenses and splits associated with operating pins.
I use to operate TouchTunes and TouchTunes would automatically take a 22% cut of the earnings. In addition, I was only allotted a small amount of service credits (10 a month I think) before I was charged a heavy fee for anything over my allotment. TouchTunes also phases out their equipment where an operator can no longer run that particular equipment and it forces the operator to buy new equipment. I no longer operate TouchTunes.
I surely hope pinball manufacturers do not follow TouchTunes lead on this practice.

keep in mind that there is now the Raw thrills mentality at Stern...

#1903 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Time for you to prove some of these lies you keep spouting.

IFPA works with Stern and in fact has partnered IFPA events with BBH competitions.
IFPA = Josh Sharpe, whom is a Raw Thrills employee.
Stern employee = Zach Sharpe
Stern consultant, license guru = Rodger Shapre.

Pretty clear that the Sharpe connection for Raw Thrills and Stern is real.

In case you had not realized, they were both using an identical contractor for some parts/ build out (not sure if still the case/ FUN is still making pfs?)

Time for you to look silly yet again

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I’ve never had this happen, not even close. If you have this problem you have a killer location or you don’t check your equipment often enough anyway.

man it would be a great problem to have, LOL!

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Wouldn’t the Sharpe’s connection with Stern be a positive?

yes, it is!

I was answering what the raw thrills connection is...

I personally hope we dont see the raw thrills wave of the future for pinball as I dont care for it.

#1929 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So what is wrong with Raw Thrills? Not sure why that is a bad thing.

pay for updates...
play data tracking...
vendor access...
etc...

#1933 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Anybody want to talk Munsters?

sure

what do you guys think grandpas basement is going to be?

Rumored lower pf on the prem/le.

Possibly inverted like black hole?

#1946 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

1. Awesome
2. Yes,Will be better than AC/DC.....
3. No

looking forward to it!

#1971 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Few more days/hours of posting and then reveal of Munsters!!

Spoke with a distributor and he said delayed sadly. Best guess is jan now

#1981 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Primus and Beatles are contract jobs. Every one of those machines is presold on Stern's end.

that is factually incorrect. Primus was, Beatles was not. 2 very different models.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Surely, they want to lock down a chunk of Christmas cash.....

That was my thought, but when asked I was told Beatles is not selling well. Sounds like they are hoping more impatient buyers will take home that 8k gold from Distributors 10-packs before offering the next PRO model with Muensters. Strategy may pay off? Seems to me that all the hype is completely gone from us pinheads for Beatles and that game was not made for us.

I too am anxiously awaiting Muensters. I am not a big theme guy, but this is one I actually like (grew up watching with my father and like campy horror).

#2063 5 years ago

What little I see in that leak looks pretty cool!

Excited to see a populated pf and play one.

#2157 5 years ago

So, since there is really not much to talk about with partial pf.

I want to know the juice... Where and how do these get leaked?
intentional? testing someone? real leak?

#2178 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I posted this in another unrelated thread, but this is where it should go...
I think The Munsters is an Addams Family knock off cash grab trying to masquerade as a Monster Bash remake killer.
That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

That is a good guess. CGC is taking market with its stepped up quality and remake of MBr. TAFr while unlikely due to license issues is likely a target if feasible.

Smart to attempt to cash in on that. I honestly kind of thought that Stern may even reskin TAF (despite not owning the rights, Muensters theme on top of a slightly remade TAF layout would sell gang busters)

#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The only game Stern has made in the last few years that i consider a dud is Deadpool.

crazy talk! One of Stern's best games in the recent past. Once you get the lock shot dialed it, it becomes a fun game with some more unique shots.
Code is coming along nicely also (still needs refinement but Tanio is a breath of fresh air)

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hilton i thought that you hated ALL Sterns?

nope, that is just the narrative on here. I own quite a few (personally) and of course on route also.
I have purchased both GOT and BDK in the past few months.

One of my favorite games is TWD but we have 2 on route so I dont own one of those.

1 week later
#2545 5 years ago

Wish they would just announce since it is confirmed.

Need something fun to look at today

#2553 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am guessing that is the Pro Munsters cabinet because of the black rails that are not lollipop, but could also be Premiums without having more info.

Pros build first
slow boat to overseas
announcement
sales in US and delivery to time the slow boat.

Then LEs?
then Premiums?

1 week later
#2908 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What was the last Premium/Le Stern game with a worthwhile and must-have upper or lower playfield?

Wwfrr

#3016 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is today the day???

I wish! but guessing that it will reveal with some crappy photos and half asses cell phone vids from that industry show the first week of Jan.

Sure would be nice to have it drop today in order to have some entertainment this week while things are slow at work.

#3082 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Right next to Hilton’s $4700 pro.

Wtf!?!

Another price increase?

SonofaB

#3239 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wish Gary would get off his ass and tell him to flip the damn switch. Im starting to think Gary is playing with us. I mean seriously, WTF is taking so long to announce this damn game that we already know is coming anyways?

slow Beatles sales appear to be the main thing holding back the release.

They wanted to try and push those through the xmas and new year sales time to close out 2018.
ALso, makes sense to wait for CES at this point.

#3242 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

No Stern wanted it to be a 2019 title and not a 2018, probably for the books. Stern has probably sold out of Beatles to all the distributors by now. It is the distributors that will sit on Beatles-not Stern. The only other reason for a delay may be pre-mature beta code(which did not help BM66 sales). We will see something soon-probably next week at CES? I am excited for this release, but at the same time I am not getting my hopes up too high. Hope it's a great game, but if not-NEXT!

No, Beatles is apparently far from sold out (even to distributors) and at this point it appears that the second half of the run is on hold for build out till later (if ever?) as distributors are not ordering more when they all have multiple Golds sitting in stock and not selling currently.

I do agree that they likely wanted the next big game on the books for 2019 and not 2018. They are likely banking on Munsters being the next big one (ala Maiden from 2018). Also, always good to have near 1.0 ready code on release (granted they tried to claim DP was near complete and it still has a ways to go (Tanio is doing great with it but really wish the release was where it is now and then growing from there).

I unfortunately have high hopes for Munsters, as it is a theme I dig and only fear that the Pro may be too stripped back from the LE version to be good?

#3245 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure where you are getting your info on Beatles from but time will tell.

talk to people; then cross reference on here. It really is pretty obvious when a title is "hot or not" just based on watching the # of people excited and talking about it and looking at accounted numbers.
The sales are so bad that Stern did not even announce the "launch parties" since there were so few.

Appears around 45 gold accounted for on here and only 18 on location (usually VERY accurate as route operators buying 8k games are sure to advertise it on here and pinballmap). Even if you make a guess that pinside only account for 30-50% of all home owners, the sales are abysmally low. Then go hunt around with distributors and all of them have active stock.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/stern-the-beatles/owners

as a comparative example >> DP pro has over 250 accounted for on here and 130 on route
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/deadpool-pro/owners

It is obvious at this point that Beatles did not take off at 8k pricepoint.

#3246 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

although still holding onto hope with double flipper buttons

I love the idea of double flipper buttons! I have been asking for that forever! More player controlled interaction with the ball is a great thing!

#3251 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Careful. When I made the exact same comparison last week, people said Beatles had only been out for a short time and it wasn't a fair comparison... while failing to realize that if you wanted a Beatles by now, you have one.

yeah, the vast majority of Beatles sales are already done. You may get some trickling in, but with the available stock on hand unless they drop the price I dont expect a bunch more.

If they drop the price to 6500 then they would sell out in short order.

#3525 5 years ago

How many threads will there be once thinga are finally revealed?

Ill put the over under at 4 new ones.

#4366 5 years ago

for those that have played, is the code more of the standard Dwight "math" code? i.e. GOT or SW

#4377 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think they should make both the Pro and Premium in both color and B&W versions. Why leave the money on the table? Sell more games and give people what they want!

I would guess after the initial release that they will do exactly this.

Sell the bolus on the original release and then 6 months from now announce a second run of the flipped color schemes.

#4543 5 years ago

does anyone know when the Pros are shipping?

I would like to play one and see if it is a worthwhile buy for route. I think the Pro will be, but also debating if the premium could be worth the extra.
Playing is always the best way to make the decision.

I will be honest that we have tried premium games before and have found they are just more expensive, have more to break (that does often break), and often take a bigger hit on resale and dont translate to more play on route (GOT prem is a good example).
However, I am very intrigued by the lower playfield personally and think the theme is stellar (honestly worries me when I like a theme as that is often a good indicator it wont be good on route, lol)

#4545 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The same copycat art was present in Batman too... I’d say it’s just franchise style to redraw exisiting stuff

like pinball... artists also use each other for inspiration quite often.

In the case of this artistic style, that seem more common. I dont see a problem with it. When imagery is good and the license holder has previously approved it, then best to just go with it.

#4549 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

$.50-$.75 a play

just wanted to say... that ain't happening...
Do you play on route out there and is that common pricing on new Pros?

new games have been $1 per play for years now. I am not sure if things are different out in CO, but in the midwest new games are always $1 per play or 3 plays for $2. The one JJPPOTC on route in the state is $2 per play still I think (and sounds like players are paying it and happy to have the experience.

#4552 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's always $1 a play here locally. Doesnt turn me away at all.

yeah, I consider $1 per play as super good to be able to play a 5k+ game

Anyone getting .50 is for sure spoiled and those place are making money off your beer purchases more than anything. 1-up is a treat for that pricing.
Curious, are matches and replays set at defaults (i.e. can you still earn them often) at 1-up?

#5257 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Back to Munsters.
What's your thoughts on the rules on being simple to get to Munster Madness?
How are Tournament players going to view this?
Dwight did say on head2head that he tries to code for opperators,home owners and tournament players in the same code.
Tho I feel that this is too shallow for the Above average and Pro players. (Or am I missing something here)
Thoughts???

I love it! If executed well, it will be really fun!

How many times do you get to tour the mansion on a TAF set up reasonably well?
I would guess you will get through level 1 semi regularly, but very rare will you go three deep.

Open your outlanes, tighten your tilts, and set EBs on har dif you are a good player.

#5424 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I like it when operators remove the rubber from the out-lanes, or worse, remove the out-lane posts completely.
I can find somewhere else to play if that's the kind of greedy bastard you want to be.

you may not know, but lately Stern games ship without outlane rubbers.

Changing the physical aspects of a game are a common thing to do to help them play more even and a reasonable amount of time.
For example, I will quite often look at data after a few months and make adjustments to either increase or decrease the liklihood of a left or right outlane to help balance a game.

Rubber or even post removed are common adjustments on route. There is a reason they are adjustable and removable.

#5576 5 years ago

There is zero doubt that the large targets are cost cutting (both the BOM and assembly time and programming for fewer switches)
The large targets are not as fun to shoot at either.

This is just another thing that Stern has been doing to see what the community pushes back on. They started with one big target on a few games and now we get 2.

#5953 5 years ago

Fun

0CA0D911-8300-468D-9320-B4DB9C9A0234 (resized).jpeg0CA0D911-8300-468D-9320-B4DB9C9A0234 (resized).jpeg6955E1A4-6492-4467-B356-9BC9EAD2321F (resized).jpeg6955E1A4-6492-4467-B356-9BC9EAD2321F (resized).jpeg9A07D407-D2FB-4961-9E05-60C030E3F3E1 (resized).jpeg9A07D407-D2FB-4961-9E05-60C030E3F3E1 (resized).jpegFEDB720F-DD4A-43D7-A7A6-46A0B9869E0B (resized).jpegFEDB720F-DD4A-43D7-A7A6-46A0B9869E0B (resized).jpeg
#5957 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you like the game?

Only played a few games but it was fun to shoot.

#5960 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dam u ... lol enjoy. Wanna hear your honest thoughts also...

I will share after i get an actual opinion and more games on it.

#5966 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hilton-after all that bitching about Beatles and you finally caved my friend. I knew you could not hold out much longer.
Congrats-looks awesome in the line-up.
Also curious how Munsters earns compared to Adams-with them being side by side-lmk

I never once bitched about beatles. Game is a blast. price sucks but if you know me, you also now know there are deals to be had on golds...

#5981 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I seem to recall some criticism about how poorly it was selling, etc. -Like I said I am glad you got one
[quoted image]

stop trying to mince meats.

The game has not sold well from d1. However, I have said it is a super fun game from D1. I have also said I would not be interested unless the price came down significantly.

Quoted from iceman44:

How’s it earning

Just set up alonside side Munsters Pro, so no idea yet

#5982 5 years ago

If anyone is looking to check out both games and is in the madison area then stop by IO Arcade Bar > 720 Williamson St.

Also a dual launch party (never been done in WI before ) to be held on Feb 9th
https://www.facebook.com/events/2249890825266413/

#6055 5 years ago

I saw local pinsiders ItsOnlyPinball Methos and pfcjimmy out playing Munsters on route yesterday.

What did you guys think of it?

#6068 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I was only able to play a few games on the pro, so need some more time on it before I can really make up my mind.
First impressions are it shoots very well and has a very attractive art package. The code seemed basic, and it has been mentioned the layout, shots and collect all characters for wizard mode aspect is very "been there done that". I put it in the same class as GOTG; a nice table for public consumption on route. I will continue to play it, but no plans to pick up. Between the ramps and shots, it's just a rehash of earlier titles.
And the lower end of the PF seems completely empty.

did you get any time on Beatles? Which did you like better?

#6093 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I really wldnt call Munster madness a wizard mode as its really not far away from the start button. This game isn't really about getting there its more about stacking your jackpots/superjackpots and zap pots and maximizing the multiplier with all that. Also i believe the better you do in your modes the more munster madness is worth. It also matters what order you start the madness modes in to maximize scores during that mode . At least when you get threw everything it changes up somewhat and gets more difficult and adds hurry ups. It cld just start over exactly the same as many pins do . Think people are to hung up on Munster madness...just play the game and have fun which i think it does. Ive had so many deep pins that ive never seen half of what's coded lol.

Spot on

#6105 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You enjoying it so far?

Yes, but that is not necessarily a good thing since i don't tend to like what the majority tends to like, lol.

Fun to shoot, rules on the surface seems direct but some definate layers to scoring, like that the jackpot shot is appropriately tough, and plays smooth

It is for sure a throw back type game and I like that.

Art is good

My only real cmplaint is that the damn video stuff takes way too long for route play and as a player I want to beale to double flip to skip it

#6110 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game must be pretty good because Hilton says that every Stern game sucks so by him not saying that right off the bat that tells me thst tbis game is a must buy already!

To be safe you should probably buy two

#6145 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Beatles was very disappointing. The art is fine, but everything else was a huge let down. Again - will play it on route.

interesting. I thought you would really like Beatles (since you like older style games). I find it to be super fun to play, code just needs quite a bit of polish.

Pricetag is just insane!

I do fear that we wont see code updates based on the apparent poor sales numbers...

#6360 5 years ago

anyone that thinks Munsters is shallow is crazy!

or I guess you could call it shallow but with tons of breadth and tons of different paths to take (all at the same time)

If it gets polished, it will be Dwights best coded game ever! Very refined style of play. I have probably 30 games on it now and it really is like someone took the code style from our 90s favorites and modernized it.

#6376 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I need to go play Hilton's Munsters on location! Maybe once the cold snap ends.

hit me up! It is fun!

Will be installing the newest code on Friday morn

#6380 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Come on now lol. Thats a little bit of a stretch there isnt it? Better than GOT and SW? Im glad you feel that way though because hopefully you can shed some light on that and explain the rules to people better than i can. It just seemed basic and shallow to me. The game is still fun as hell and awesome though. It sounds like this game could be your favorite Stern of all time? That gives me hope when you like a Stern game because you usually rip them to pieces and hate on them alot.

I dont Stern hate. I give my honest opinion.

What light do you want shed? It is a basic mode based play style but the ZAPs, Jackpot cancel options, and boosts add lots of strategy to the game. I am sure a dominant strategy will emerge but as a pretty decent player that like to explore and older style of play but prefers enough depth to bring me back. Munsters has it.

It is nice art on a pretty open fan layout. Really nothing special mechanically. The ramps are fun to hit, the jacpot shot is reasonably tough, and the code rish v reward seems to work well with the physical risk v reward.

It is not a masterpiece of all time but definately Dwights best code style IMHO. Really hope he is able to put some shine on it (seems he is already TBT)

#6434 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Congrats on your new machine !!!
Cool picture for us to see your homeland and delivery truck !!! Car guy and mechanic here. Get it put together 6.5 on the angle to start with,sure-why not,give it a try that way !!………..also get it set up with a level on the playfield.....not on the glass,and level it flat/even-left to right-horizontally-
Got any spray n wipe wax over there......just a couple quick sprays and wipe off the middle of playfield with a cotton rag or microfiber cloth,clean and wipe off the new pinballs you install-update the code if possible-grab a couple brews and start flippin !![quoted image]

please stop recommending that spray and wax crap. Most contain silicone and are NOT what you should be putting on a pf.

Regular 100% caranuba wax is the right stuff

#6471 5 years ago

Mark your calendars and come visit Madison next weekend for the double Launch Party!

https://www.facebook.com/events/2249890825266413/

#6638 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This thread would be called the owners thread and not the 'hype' thread if people would just state their opinion and move on-but it is not. This is the hype thread-people need to hype up this game and cheerlead to make Munsters look good. Other people need to bash Munsters because it is just another mediocre re-hash and they want to let people know how shallow the game is. If you are tired of people cheerleading or bitching-probably need to drain this thread and go hang out in the owner's thread. I appreciate everyone's opinions and I actually find it entertaining-good or bad-it's all good. Let the hype train keep rolling-choo choo

I think it is a good game. Nothing worth hyping nor worth really bashing.

I personally am liking the throw back code style and find it fun to shoot, even though it is JAFL. I think the "no ball save" default is odd, find the animations to be WAY too long (not skippable), and the code is yet to really bring the characters to life.

However, the risk/reward of the code makes you think and it is simple fun to play. I dig that. The art is definitely the right amount of splash but not too busy also.

I see lots of people here that have likely not even played the game yet. Go play it and form an opinion, then share.

I have been playing Beatles more, but Munsters is still getting a fair share of my quarters.

#6643 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hilton-How is it earning so far? How is it compared to Adam's Family-sitting next to it? I know you just got it-but I am curious?

sorry, we dont share specifics , but in general you appear to be wrong based on first assessment.

I dont believe it will be even remotely close to TAF in the long run.

Will need more data before anyone can make that call, but the first week alone is not what I hoped. Ask me in 3 months...

#6647 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I think TAF has more going for it, and more toys.

that is my assessment.

Munsters next to TAF just showcases how empty Munsters is compared to a classic 90s game.

The only "toy" that interacts with the ball is Spot. TAF has so much more with the "oh my god did you see the hand grab the ball", the "man the power took control of the game" and the "vault opening"

Comparing TAF, a 4 flipper game with 2x the amount of stuff to Munsters is silly IMHO.

Only thing similar is code style of being more simplistic in nature (Munsters has way more strategy)

#6652 5 years ago

yes, Just Another Fan Layout

#6654 5 years ago

I know people (i.e. the Law) make fun of doing a coil count, but let's be honest... you know that is a factor in BOM and assembly time/cost. Each coil = a mech and more things to install/code/wire...

From a player perspective, coils = interaction. It is the chance to flip a ball, a diverter to change a ball path, a vuk to move it somewhere else.

Stern typically has 16 coils on a Pro model.
Classic B/W games are always 20+

The continual comparison of Mun to TAF is silly from a player interaction and game play perspective...
14 coils on MUN. 24 on TAF
Mun Coils (resized).JPGMun Coils (resized).JPGTAF coil (resized).JPGTAF coil (resized).JPG

#6655 5 years ago

This also made me realize, the one thing really missing on the Pro that they should have done...
3 magnets in the center of the pf, ala the power.

Really could have been a great feature and that are of the pf is completely empty.

#6658 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am wondering how strong the theme is on location. I know comparing the classic Adam's Family to Munsters is apples and oranges, but what if Munsters had same coil count and was a widebody like AF. Would it attract people like Adam's does? Is Adam's Family well known compared to Munsters franchise? Just curious how well the theme is doing on locations so far? Seems like Star Wars and Deadpool are killing it?

My impression is the theme is bascially unknown by those that play on route. I mean... people know of it, but are not drawn to it.
The theme did not help it from a route perspective.

Addams is much better known as a theme and actually better known as a pinball. So many people remember TAF from " a friends basement" or "the arcade I played at as a kid" TAF pinball is part of the culture of americana in my perspective.

#6661 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If the theme does not do it for operators-we will see the value of this title fall off quickly. They seem to be selling well and if the code is too shallow for most homeowners-it will be yard sale city in a year from now. Might be one of those titles to pick up at a bargain down the road. I have no skin in the game but will watch on the sidelines.

I dont think so. It will do OK on route no matter what and that is enough to keep it out.

For home, I actually think it has plenty of code. People need to get out and play it and put that narrative to rest. This game really does have plenty going on already with the strategy of cashing in jackpots and zaps to layer on everything else. I have no idea how it got started, but it needs to fall off.

Munsters has plenty of Breadth already.

For code it only really needs 3 things.

Level 2 to feel more diverse and unique.
More immersion and polish to bring the game together (already pretty good foundation at .91)
My hope is we also see a surprise Level III. Would be easy to add since there is "I" and "II" to use them both to make a "III"

p.s. ability to cancel all animations. They are much to long. I see route players all trying to cancel out of end of ball, jackpot/dragula, etc... Makes the game play way too long with always forcing you to watch the screen

#6694 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

AFM would have to be one pinball with the lowest coil count, yet one of the greatest pinballs made.

actually 16 coils plus the visor motor.

More than the most Stern Pro.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

So you're not going to buy a Munsters because someone on the internet told you it doesn't have many coils for real? The only thing i can say to that is....Bwaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa!!!!

What a f*cking joke dude!

The only joke is some of the continual knee pad wearing fan boys... You would gain a little credibility if you were actually honest that Stern continues to focus on cutting bottom line and often it is impacting the quality and fun factor of a game.

Prime example... Munsters is good. It surely would have been better with a few magnets in that vapid open space on the center of the Pro model. However, they were not thinking about the value of a feature rich game. They count coils and set a BOM limit for each game. They have been clear on this and that some designers will add things to a prem/le model as compomise they will pull something from the pro.

Coil count is a nice number to examine what is being invested into a game. It is not the end all be all, but it does tell you something with a simple single number...

That reality is enough for some people to "click" and relaize what they are spending 5600 on and had been rationalizing up to this point.

#6698 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well im not looking for any credibility on here so thats a good thing i guess. Im just here to talk about pinball and how awesome the new Munsters game is. I talk about the good and the bad both but i would rather focus on the good and the Munsters has A LOT of good in it. I will never understand why some people on here make it their goal to try and run down every game that Stern releases, cracks me up.

Munsters is for sure lots of good. I will never understand why people are incabale of acknowledging a game is good, but also being honest about what it is lacking, and the obvious cost cutting decisions that impacted the design and overall fun factor ( esp when making the very short jump to comparing to other games).

Instead we get these constant fanboys and some of us that even like a game feel the need to bring some reality to the constant fan boyism

#6721 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

From the guy who rated Metallica a 1 & plenty of other excellent games 3 or lower. You absolute hypocrite.

Mehtallica still Sucks

#6739 5 years ago

*since moderation has made it apparent that only positive opinions are now allowed on certain games (yes I was actually moderated for saying I think Metallica sucks), I have deleted all ratings.

Hopefully this now complies with the "no opinion on a game unless it is positive" mantra. So much for having an opinion and rating a game for my own fun of rating it. The whole ratings thing has been a joke for years now, so no real reason to even rate games here.

*this is not a public complaint about moderation, merely pointing out that I was moderated above for sharing my personal opinion on a game.

#6741 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I can completely understand someone personally not liking any game, but to say something flat out sucks there has to be some really fundamental game breaking issues or something.. which it does not. Leaving a 1 rating for a game like Metallica just shows either you never gave it any time or played a very poor example of the game. You remind me of the people that go on Yelp and rate restaurants 1 star because you ordered fish when you don't like fish...

I previously used the whole spectrum of 1-10 to rate games. Some games will inevitably be at the bottom of the list while others are at the top. Of the hundreds of games I have played, Metallica is at/near the bottom in my opinion.
I am not allowed to share my constructive thoughts on why I dont care for it here it appears or may be moderated for doing so. Needles to say I have played many versions of the game and I loathe playing it and will no longer waste my time playing it unless I have to in competition.

I mean it is still pinball, but side by side I will pick almost any other game to play over it.

1 week later
#7143 5 years ago

We have now hit the start of stage 8 of the anatomy of an announcement.

1. Pre-hype leaks
2. Complaining about X feature and lots of art talk
3. Early release excitement just for a new game
4. Trashing release code
5. More Stern bot hype and LE flipper hype
6. First code drop to refine
7. Complaints about code, cost, and lack of features.
8. Who-Dey takes over with every other post defending the game, how well it is selling, how awesome it is, defending designers and code team

9. Can we get the next game announcement?

#7177 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They even got rid of those stupid pegs because enough people complained about it!

ummm

may want to look under the hood of Munsters...

#7179 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude...are they back?

I have seen 2 and oddly one with pegs and one with rails...

#7337 5 years ago

Amazing how much more is in sst.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 39.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.