(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8,181 posts
  • 659 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by guss
  • Topic is favorited by 110 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 950 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (1 year ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider westofrome.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2160 1 year ago

Every time I see the new Stern table I find myself looking forward to the next generation taking things over at Stern. There's only so many variants of standard-body, pops nest, Italian bottom, no subway, minimal-mechs design before it all blurs together.

#2233 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Based on the fact that a couple people almost completed it on show floors playing it for the first time, I would say it's likely not premature.

Wait, someone rolled the score? WOW.

#2237 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Rolling the score and completing the available code are two different things, as you clearly must know. I rolled over the Defender vid in the arcade multiple times, but had pretty much seen all the code long before that happened. Same idea with Beatles.

Sure, but for most of pinball history score was the primary objective. I've rolled pins and then for extra challenge tried to play a 4 player game and roll all 4. The idea of "seeing everything" is a pretty new pinball phenomenon and doesn't have to be the point.

2 weeks later
#2790 11 months ago

What I'd love to see in Munsters is a Stern toy that redirects the ball. Think the MM castle (VUK to left loop) or AFM ship (VUK to wireform to inlane) or WCS goal (VUK to wireform to inlane) etc.

All of the recent Stern toys, bash or otherwise, is that they all shoot/dribble the ball straight back where it came from and this is in many cases a SDTM situation that punishes good shots. Think of the ball saver you need to enable on Kiss when Gene kicks the balls out, or the the levelling games you have to play with ST to not have the balls fall SDTM from the ship, or the barn on WD, etc etc etc.

Please Stern, this is just poor design and not the way to cut corners.

2 weeks later
#3599 11 months ago

maybe they can sell paint with every real knocker kit?

#3868 11 months ago

In the spirit of ancient, how about the B&W model gets real chimes and a real knocker? That's probably way beyond the BOM coil budget but why not

#4033 11 months ago

At first I thought the lower playfield might be reflected Krull-style but it looks mini like Family Guy/Shrek.
Looks fun, but nothing novel or out of the ordinary for Stern that I can pick up. Ramps, loops, bash toy, magnet, Italian bottom, scoop, pops nest. Assiduously low coil count as per usual.
No drops on any model.

#4135 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Looks like there are only two switch stacks, one at each end of the target. Dragula I kind of get since there wasn't space for 7 full size targets. Lily could easily have been individual targets.

Individual spot targets are no longer necessary. BOM you know...

#4778 10 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

What makes the mini PF boring for me is the mini balls&flippers, cramped feel of all the shots and location of it (identical to AC/DC).
It would be SO COOL to have a larger lower PF levitate to the main PF level (so you could eliminate the mini flippers and simply reuse the standard flippers). If you "stretch" the Munsters PF close to the flippers and relocate the inserts down below, you'd have a large area to do some interesting flipping
Sounds like a killer feature...like the Boom Balloon on steroids

Another option would have been to revive the Krull concept of a large under-playfield with regular flippers/balls, with a reducing lens to make the whole thing visible within the playfield window.

pasted_image (resized).png
#4783 10 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

westofrome, I was wondering if someone would take the time and make a full sized lower playfield and a reducer lens... aka Krull...
Or maybe we could put a mini LCD display where the big window is and put camera on a full scale lower pf mounted underneath... a real but virtually displayed lower playfield?!?

Now you're talking!! Although in that case I'd rather the "lower" playfield be displayed on the backbox to leave more room on the physical playfield.

To take this concept further, if you add in internet connectivity - imagine controlling another real physical machine remotely with your machine's buttons during certain modes?

1 week later
#5887 10 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its definitely more involved than system 11 pins are. Its more like monster bash but with more to the jackpots/multipliers and risk vs reward aspect.

Code-wise, yes, but mechanically it's at or behind many System 11 games, some of which had subways, multiple unique custom mechs, etc.

#6243 10 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

And every time we get it to ring, buzz, and flash long enough, it cracks off a knocker to let me know I get to do this all over again for FREE!

Stern LEs don't even come with a knocker...

#6248 10 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

No reason any more to waste a coil on a knocker any more. Let that be a generational thing. Folks new to pinball generally don’t know what it means anyway.

Folks new and old to pinball hate the fake knocker sound IME.

Folks new to pinball also play plenty of 90s and earlier games on location and know full well how awesome and satisfying a real knocker can be.

#6261 10 months ago

"Stern really loaded up this Pro, it's got individual standup targets!" - Pinside in 2020

#6669 10 months ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

If your going to compare Addams to Munsters I would like to think you would have to compare premium/LE to Addams

How much was Addams selling for new in 1992?

If it was $2900 that's about $5200 in today's dollars. So it's equivalent to a Pro price-wise. Correct me if I'm off on the price, though.

#6700 10 months ago

AFM has at least 17 (plus the motor)

Ball trough
Auto plunge
2 flippers
2 slings
3 pops
4 Martians
Diverter
Scoop
VUK
Knocker

#6706 10 months ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

You forgot the one that kicks the ship when it blows up
Edit... I guess we can count the orbit gates as they have coils to open and close also

LOL you’re right, so that’s 20.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider westofrome.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside