(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8,181 posts
  • 659 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by guss
  • Topic is favorited by 110 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 950 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (1 year ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thirdedition.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4016 11 months ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Why does the name Dracula appear on the playfield targets? Isn't that some other franchise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRAG-U-LA

Dragula

#4029 11 months ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I need glasses or a better image, Thanks as I could not make out the 'G' As Drag-U-LA is just fine.

No worries, it took me a minute to figure it out from the images as well.

#4432 11 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Perhaps this is the origin of the term being improperly used in pinball (1935, light up game Tick 'A' Lite):[quoted image]

Score-A-Lite came out a few months earlier.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2065

1 week later
#5310 10 months ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

The outline around the entire family adds to the illusion that it's a dropped in image. The smoke around Grandpa and the flames around S-P-O-T kind of work together to hide the trap door. I think it's the absolute straightness of that line, from tentacle to potion, that doesn't work for me. If the floorboards were a little more uneven, rougher, and the opening looked more three-dimensional. But, oh well, I'm just going to have to suffer with my LE! LOL!
Speaking of S-P-O-T, do the letters light up anywhere on the Premium and the LE?

Spot lights up on the signs above the ramps on Premium and LE to show that the shot is lit, I'm not 100%, but it looks like there is a can of food with lights on all three models for SPOT as well.

#5327 10 months ago
Quoted from Waldo:

About to open these up.
[quoted image]

Monster Premium?

Looks fun.

#5331 10 months ago

Makes sense, I forgot about that.

#5411 10 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

DP is a lot harder, shots are more challenging in my view. If the munsters was at the same difficulty then I think that would help. But my own feedback and the feedback from many of the players at EAG is that they got to munster madness so quickly that its like why bother to keep going?

I would assume you would want to keep going if you are having a good time playing pinball.

#5524 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think a mono target is any easier to hit than 2-3 targets put together. But sorry I didn't hear, is there only 1 switch on each mono target?
I hope for redundancy sake that isn;t true

On GOTG there are two switches on the left target. You can go into the audits to see which one gets triggered more. I would imagine Munsters is the same way.

1 week later
#6323 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok here we go guys....my very unprofessional review of this game. I only got about 10 games on it because there was other people there playing it so im no expert on the rules and im probably going to say things that contradict myself and all kinds of stupidnthings but here goes....gonna try and make this short but you know how that goes.
First of all this game is absolutely beautiful, stunningly beautiful! This game has great shots and they are very fun to shoot. The game is very fast at times but the game is also pretty damn easy too......thats not a bad thing unless maybe you are an excellent player because i loved ever minute of it even when i was having long ball times. Beautiful artwork, some of the very best ever on a pinball machine, nice light show, loved the lcd animations, nice toys, just f’ing beautiful and fun as hell.
Now lets talk about the bad. The bad is going to be bad for some people and not so bad for others. The bad is the code, its very shallow and old school. It didnt bother me because the game is so fun to shoot and i LOVE this theme....cant get enough of this theme...love it, love it, love it. I however can see a lot of people complaining about it though that arent huge Munsters fans. I have games that i dont love the themes like MET and AS for example. If the code on Munsters was on those games i wouldn’t own them. I mean a fun shooting game only goes so far and then you need to be entertained with a challenge from the rules right?
Games dont have to have deep code to be fun though but in todays times we are spoiled by it and want it, especially when these games are in our home. MM, MB, AFM arent deep but they are the big three and everyone loves them so Munsters doesn’t have to be any different. Rules nerds that dont like the Munsters will hate this game probably. Average players like most of us here that love the Munsters are going to want to own this game though I have no doubt about that.
Long story short i had a blast and i am in love with this game totally. The code doesn’t suck but there’s just not enough there to satisfy hardcore players or people who dont love The Munsters. I hope they add a little more to it honestly but if they dont i will still love this game because its fun and one of my dream themes. You’re gonna need to like the theme to like the game, its just that simple. I’m going to buy this game and its going to be the pride and joy of my collection, its so damn beautiful! I got to Munster madness on like my 4th or 5th game so that kinda tells you how easy it is to get there. The lilly and Dragula bars didnt bother me but it sure would have been more fun if they were drop targets. I love this damn game, im buying it, and it rocks. If you dont enjoy this game then you need to find a new hobby because you probably just dont like pinball that much.

Hey man, it was fun playing with you tonight. I was there with my girlfriend.

I agree with you, the code isn't deep, but it shoots well and the theme rocks. I'm stoked that the pro looks and plays as well as it does.

#6358 10 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Why make a game deep when Stern knows you'll barf out cash as long as it's pretty looking with a desirable old man theme?
I've said it before but this hobby needs to get over art. You are all drunk on it. Look how many people and companies JPOP tricked with just art.
I guess that's the point of art, to create an emotional response. But in pinball that emotion is being used to mask other things. Like a magicians trick, look at the shiny object in this hand while I remove features with the other...

Not every game has to be a deep dive into code and moving multipliers on top of 17 modes.

Weren't you just trashing Oktoberfest for not having good enough art? I mean which is it? Oh wait the real answer is it call comes down to the individual. Not every machine is going to be for every person. I swear this thread is insane. Play the game, if you like it, cool. If not say why and move on.

#6456 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

The grace period on the super skillshot is SUPER long - like 15 seconds or something. I was surprised by that. When you have all that time and can miss and keep trying during the grace period, why WOULDN'T you select that every time.

I'm pretty sure it is 10 seconds on all of the pro skill shots.

#6460 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I need to time it, it seems like FOREVER, and the fact that you can miss and keep trying is weird. I prefer the Iron Maiden way where if it hits a different switch, Super Skill shot ends. That's it.
When this gets put on location today or tomorrow, a minimal ball save of 3-4 seconds will be on. No ball save at all is too abusive for routes, IMO. Besides, the video clip for ball save is cute.

If you hit another skill shot target, or start a monster, see Herman, it stops.

4 weeks later
#7794 9 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Maybe I'm being overly critical but how did Bally/Williams manage to churn out decent playfields back in the day?
There is a sense that people are making excuses for Stern here, like painting and clearcoating a playfield and getting it right is some unattainable utopia. If CPR, Mirco and co can do it so can they. Having to produce greater volumes is no excuse in my mind, particularly on a pin costing $6k+
I suspect, like many things, playfield finish quality is a function of cost vs desired profit. If enough people don't stop buying the products then why not keep chipping down the costs part?

The secret here is CPR and Micro can't do it. That is why they have different tiers of playfields. They don't produce the number of playfields that Stern does on any level.

Having to produce greater volumes is the hardest part in all of this. Everything is a function of cost vs profit.

Most love it when Stern can churn out games so quickly, this is the byproduct. Some of the games coming out aren't going to be 100%. Is it acceptable? That is up to the buyers to decide, but so far people are still buying them so it seems most don't care.

#7928 9 months ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

It's already been done. But the results were dismissed because they didn't fit the narrative of those that say all playfields are the same.

They said in the other thread that they use thicker vainers so they can sand them more.

#7935 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Again, it was ALSO said by CPR in the other thread that they produce the densest, hardest playfields as a result. You can't be the "-est" if you're the same as the others in the field. That's why their playfields don't crater like the majority of the newer Sterns.

Crazy that the people that make the playfields say they are the best. I would have thought they would downplay their own.

At the end of the day though I don't care. I bought a GOTG and it has "dimples" they don't bother me at all.

Back to Munsters, I really want to buy a Premium, but I need to convince the lady friend that it is worth it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thirdedition.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside