(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5146 5 years ago

Who really cares tbh, 500 or 600 LE's...
100 more world wide really isn't that much more when divided to each country - per state etc etc.

I know in Australia there was only 40 LE's available last week (which were sold straight away)
Now it has changed to 50 in total for Us. 10 more LE's in total, it's really not going to change anything.

Really everyone should be happy this time, Look at the Pro! It has nearly everything on the playfield to what the Premiums and LE's have.
This was a shock in it's self imo....

Anyway looking forward to the finished code and fingers crossed the Dwight will still show as much enthusiasm as he did in the B/W Prem Tutorial a few months down the track.

#5248 5 years ago

Back to Munsters.

What's your thoughts on the rules on being simple to get to Munster Madness?

How are Tournament players going to view this?

Dwight did say on head2head that he tries to code for opperators,home owners and tournament players in the same code.
Tho I feel that this is too shallow for the Above average and Pro players. (Or am I missing something here)
Thoughts???

#5275 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Game of Thrones is not shallow by any means. I hope Munsters has a little more meat on the bones than they showed on the streams, though they seem to have nailed the theme (even though the laugh track is too much).

Thats what scares me, I know he went thin on the bone (so to speak) for all to experience the Rush of Munster Madness, Tho i really hope that they rethink 2nd time around to Munster Madness with more challenging shot combos to reach a Nice Wizard mode for lasting appeal

#5287 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I know we all have different tastes, but for me The Munsters is way to easy and not mutch to do.
You just have to play yhe 5 main Munsters to get munster madness. yes, you can set the settings harder but than you only have to make the same shots a bit more. and than you can do it over again.
the second goal is keep your superjackpots and cash the in with a multiplier. not a hard task to, because you don't loose your superjackpots after a drain.
So a good game for in a bar and for the average player but most of the people here will get bored with it very fast.

That is exactly what I'm worried about, I guess when my LE arrives, I'll see what the future with the code does.
Then decide if the family likes it to keep, or to move on when Jaws finally comes to town.

#5288 5 years ago

Just noticed this, sorry if his has popped up before.
Whats with the 2 holes in the playfield ( That I Circled in red )

whats this (resized).jpgwhats this (resized).jpg
#5290 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Weird. Looks like a post hole and a wire routing/switch/GI hole. That has to be only in the prototype (typeS - it's in the black and white Premium, too) and can't be in the final design...can it?

Yup in all 3 tables.
whats this 2 (resized).jpgwhats this 2 (resized).jpg

Actually looking at the Pro where the lower playfield should be, Uncle Grandpa ,Grass Hopper and Octopus leg just looks like a bad cut and paste Doesn't blend in well.... - Maybe I'm too fussy?

#5308 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If I understand the "line" you guys are talking about correctly, I think you might be looking at it wrong. Grandpa, the tentacle, and the bug are coming out of a trap door in the floor. That "line" is the edge of the door opening.

I can now see what you are saying, and yes that is what it's meant to be, just looks wrong.

#5398 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Hmm if you get to Munster madness on your first ball with a steep and polished playfield how does that make it harder - why do I want to get to level 2 if it’s just rinse and repeat.
Too much is close to the start button as Dwight would say, it needs more depth and more dimension. Even stacking th jackpots is simple to get... slightly nervous that it’s hard to do that as there are nit a lot of things to hit in the main playfield area.

Maybe we all email Dwight to re-think level 2 at least?
I don't mind level 1 being easy, as he want's all to experience Munster Madness.
But Level 2, please be more meet to the bone!

#5448 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Didn’t mind the long Dragula target but Lily should have been individual stand ups or drops (I love drop targets).

Same here, I think this is a way oversight from Stern not to make Lily a Drop target bank. (Lily is way way too easy as it stands) Very lazy!
I would really like them to change this before shipping, but I know that it would fall on deaf ears!

#5458 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cost reduction, plain and simple.

With the way each release get's a price increase, I'm sure the premium and LE's would have more than enough credit to apply the drop target banks.

#5466 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, just because the margin's there doesn't mean it's destined for you and me. The extra goes into Stern and its investor's pockets. There has been a massive amount of cost reduction in the parts and materials in Stern machines (cabinet wood, playfield wood, metal thickness, plastic thickness, electronics, etc) over the last 5 years, but prices are up, what? 15%? Literally none of that cost savings was passed through. The cheap-ass Lily and Dragula mono-target block is just another cost-reduction.

Shame but true.

I guess some where we as collectors have to group together and stop buying NEW to send a message!

#5467 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

so does it know 'where' you hit it, or is it just bash anywhere on it a number of times?

Yes

Lame huh

#5470 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It a hit anywhere target unfortunately.. so essentially just 2 easy shots instead of what cld of been 4 on the right and many more on the left lol. ...... Small complaints overall (really nitpicking lol) as the game looks fun and is fairly loaded for a pro imo.....

Not Nitpicking, Yes the Pro is loaded - Nearly too loaded? (I'm thinking so)
Pro should have the long bank while Premium and LE's should have had Drops in Lily is all I'm sayin.

Lily to start is boring so to say as it stands. Need's more too it for such a lark target!
I can understand Dragula's target bank, as there would have been no room.

#5577 5 years ago

large target for Dragulais fine, BUT not having drops for Lily on the Premium and LE's is just disgraceful....

Shallow code for home owners and tournament players, I feel that this aweome game might ware thin fast.

Please Stern/Dwight give this game a quick rethink.

#5637 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Perhaps the game designer wanted to use the larger target because he preferred how the game played with them.
On the SWL podcast the Munsters design team said they wanted a more approachable game for less experienced players and the mono targets certainly help with that objective.
The fact that it reduced the cost slightly might just be an extra benefit and provides a larger budget to keep other features (spot under stairs, RGB lighting, Dragula car, moving Herman, etc) on the pro version.

But we are complaining regarding no Drop Targets to the Premium and LE's!
Not the Pro's!

Pro's should have the lazy arsed 2 foot long targets!
This is the point, The Pro's virtually have everything besides lower playfield.
(spot under stairs, RGB lighting, Dragula car, moving Herman, 2 foot long targets etc)

The Prems and LE's should've at least have Lily with 4 drops..

#5638 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Stern would be fools to not keep jacking up the price every few months; no one is pushing back.

This is very true Vid1900.
If only that JJP was able to produce 3 titles a year, then maybe Stern would feel the Push back!

#5694 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Umm....WRONG!!! These lowly Pro’s cost nearly six thousand dollars. They absolutely SHOULD have drop targets AND spinners just like the Premium and LE’s.

What does cost have to do with it? It's a Pro! and always will be.
There should be a difference between Pro and Premium. Example AC/DC

#5695 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If enough people say, meh, rinse, repeat... I am sure Dwight will get to add a Munsters Mayhem supper hard hidden wizard mode that requires a thirteen flipper button sequence to activate and will come up instead of Munsters Madness II or III if you get that far...

Bahahah, Look at the wait for Ghostbusters code
Cannot see myself waiting for years on Munsters to be updated. Sorry

I think already enough people are worried about the way the code is headed.
In theory the idea for all to see Munster Madness was maybe a nice thought, but it's just going to get old quick for home buyers.

But boy I hope I'm wrong

#5903 5 years ago

The main thing to remember tho is code, Its ok to say that it will be great for the below average players,
but if you are always getting to Munster Madness even for the average players, the lasting appeal just isn't going to last.

This will end up being a real shame imo.

#5921 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The risk is saving all your super and regular jackpots up for the high multiplier ...... if u wait to long and fail you get nothing bc your game is over. Its about getting everything lined up for the big payoff in Munster madness but if u drain out you get nothing.

But you don't lose the points you have gained, from memory Dwight said that the points carry from ball to ball.
Where's the risk

#6045 5 years ago

We all know that Stern and Dwight arenot going to change shite, sad but true.

Munsters with totally different codes for level 2 and 3 would make the Shallow game shine,
and replace that stupid idea for a target Lily to a 4 bank drop target for prems and LEs like it should have been from day one....

Stern, how about for once a little more for US customers!
nearly every new release has a $250 price increase (Aus), but we are getting less and less on the machine!
Here in Australia Sterns LEs are getting close to $14k.

#6052 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Squizz, that target and the DRAGULA ultimately made up my mind not to proceed with a 12k AUD Premium. They WERE the deal breaker for me

Hi wotto.

I must admit, if i hadn't already payed half upfront for the LE before the pictures and shallow rules were shown! I too would have likely passed on purchase myself mate.

Also know of another guy who passed in his MunLE the other day....
Seems to be a few unhappy with what they have seen.

I can understand dragula as a 1 piece target, but Lily has no excuses!!!! just plain old penny pinching.

#6053 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Same.
The price in Canada is roughly identical to get a nib Prem. Not Sterns fault about exchange rates, but it would have to be a pretty special pin without cost cutting measures to even be considered buying.
My one man non-purchasing stance will not be felt I’m sure, but holy, I don’t know if I personally will ever buy nib again!

I feel ya.

Prices for JJP are approx same as Sterns LEs here, but the build quality of Jacks machines are far superior!
you can see where the money is, and you know keith will do justice with the titles as too Lyman does.

If ony JJP could produce 2 titles a year, I think Stern would feel the pinch and give us more of what we should be seeing for a 14k Le or 12k premium

#6054 5 years ago

It's a Meeeee

#6118 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm sure it does, u JJP fanboys love "wood"

hmm, I dont get this JJP fan boy stuff?
I have only brought Woz and sold it a few years later, and have brought sterns before and after Woz..
Played DI too but not owned personally.

I'm no fan boy, just stating facts....

Now back to Munsters shallow code....
If Stern and Dwight really do listen to their customers, they would know that the majority are wanting a deaper code!!!
Start again before you get to far don the track.

#6122 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

AND DROP TARGETS

Correct!!!!!!!!!

#6132 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess this is a good lesson for you and the rest of us also...... dont buy games until you play them first. .

Here in Aussie, Le's sell out normally within 24hrs of open sales, we normally never get to see game play with codeing etc.
only release pictures....

So there is no chance to sit and wait, unless you want a premium / pro

#6133 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

to remain on that aspect of the game, i just think its STERN actual politic, they want to make their games more "simple/easy" from factory (check last code updates of MET and some others), to get in touch with more lambda players (and also for those who are playing pins not in HU situation)
i'm not saying i like that, but feel logical to me
for sure, with Munsters, lots of "so-so" players will reach the WM, they will be happy to get there, and than enjoying the pin
as an opposite example, put a "so-so" player on TWD, and this guy will be disguted in less than 5 minutes... thats not good for STERN

If Stern wanted to get the new and younger people into pinball, Munstes was a bad decision!
Maybe they should have released Toy Story if they want simple-easy for that style of code

#6138 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yeah, it's certainly a middle aged theme but Stern knows their demographic. This is not a title to entice the younger generation.
As for rules.
Don't expect major adjustments as unlike GOTG that bombed initially because of unfinished code, this game has sold a ton.
And it's a Dwight game, so whilst there will be updates and things added, can't see any major changes really.
Not every game needs to be as hard as nails, so this seems to be a 'nostalgic beginner's pin' so take it for what it is!

Sad but true I must admit.

Have STLE, Very nice work from Dwight!

Stayed away from GBLE due to code, but wanted it so badly - Still holding off after so many years! Disgrace

Now Munster's Just feels like a slap in the face with a wet fish regarding code after waiting so long for this great title
Cannot win of late.

I really hope if Jaw's gets the go ahead that Lyman is on the code!

#6139 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I suppose I’m expecting too much after Batman 66 coded by Lyman. I’ve just been watching Munsters and there are a ton of things that could be added to make a great story line like Batman has with place that make sense for a pause, like long to lower playfield so screen can be watched, like transitions to the bat pole etc. Kawabunga!

Yup, Sold my Batman 66 to get Munsters LE
I guess I should have learnt from the past, Stick with Lyman on pre orders.

#6187 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So Munsters definitely has Midnight Madness.....
PRO V0.91 - January 28, 2019
============================
Fixed:
- Fixed issue where the playfield multipliers would not reset if they were
bumped during the grace period.
- Enlarging Ray from mystery will now complete Grandpa.
- Adjustment to disable SPOT was spelled wrong
- Fixed an issue while entering initials with 10 characters turned on
New:
- Added Secret Mania - You need a code. The first clue of the code is findable
- Each of the 5 family members has an area:
- Lily: the LILY bank
- Eddie: Either Orbit
- Herman: Herman toy
- Grandpa: Left ramp
- Marilyn: Right ramp
- Shoot each area to collect them. Collect all 5 for a bonus.
- Added Midnight Madness - Set your clock and start playing just before
midnight.
- Added Midnight Madness Champion
- Added Adjustments for Midnight Madness.
- MIDNIGHT MADNESS MULTIBALL - YES = The mode will run.
- MANDNESS CHAMP ATTRACT SOUNDS - YES = The game will chime on the hour
- The Mystery Feature now always lights MYSTERY SUPER JACKPOT in addition to
a random feature
- Spot Toy pops up at game start for a few seconds or when the ball is plunged
Tweaked:
- Raven Restart background lamp effect was hiding too many lamps.
- Tightened up the orbit timers to allow for awards even if balls are kicking
from the Dragula or the ball shooter.
- Removed the white shots from SPOT. They don't mean anything anymore.
- Changed default replay to 30M
- Adjusted the weights for Mystery and made Mystery more intelligent
- Removed redundant audits
- Improved the timing of some speech calls
- Grandpa can no longer be advanced during Spot

Not much added new to code other than
Secret Mania
Midnight Madness

Not really an update imo

#6192 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a feeling that you arent going to be happy no matter what they do.

Incorrect, add 4 drop targets to the premiums and LEs Lily bank, and add more depth atleast to level 2s code.

#6193 5 years ago
Quoted from heme:

Damn... I pick mine up for 1000 more then that, and I thought I got a pretty descent deal. Would of loved to find a 3400 dollar Xmen.

I brought my Xmen Le nib.
Love the game,shots,layout. best bang for buck in todays rising prices.

#6200 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not gonna happen... .. except maybe the code part.

Not with Stern $$$$$$$$$ Agree

At least JJP has listened to his customers and has changed things before on a previous machine....

#6201 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There has been more depth to level 2's code according to Dwight.

Sorry, but Dwight mainly has just adjusted the scoring and timers to lvl 2....
Nothing special

#6205 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I’m reeeeeally thinking of skipping Munsters in favor of AFMr now
Still following this thread tho

Hi Pd

First play Munsters on location to see if you like it.

I too have fingers crossed that at the very least lvl 2s code will have depth and not just in your face again, tho i'm also thinking that this will not be the case as Stern really don't care about home owners other than the extra $
I can see that my MunLE will be sold within a month of home use, but I hope to be proven wrong!!!

Looking at your wish list, I think you should really look into Star Trek Le if your thinking on spending that kind of money on Afmrm.

#6207 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You probably should have got a WOZ instead of a Munsters.

had one for a few years lol
I really liked the game,rules etc. but Im really not a wide body fan.

#6208 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Have you played this game already?

Machines not in Australia as yet.
only been watching live and recorded streams.

#6210 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

If guys are going to put down a Munsters
Maybe they should be on another thread ? I know I will be happy unboxing my LE
Going next to Addams Gold almost 30yrs later .

This is the correct thread for this type of discussion!
It's not called the Munsters love it or Leave thread.

#6214 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Squizz i just hope that you have learned your lesson and wont be buying anymore games before you actually see them first. That is a recipe for disaster. Just buy premiums instead of LE's, that way you can see if you think you will like the game or not. Thats way better than spending 10-15K and saying. ....OMG this game has shallow code and doesnt even have drop targets......STERN SUCKS and i hate the game i just bought!!!
I cant even imagine doing that.

Who-Dey
Maybe easy for you guy's in America and Canada but not in Australia!
If you do not pre-order the LE's on Preview release show, you will 100% miss out!!

So you cannot sit back and wait for the machine to arrive and play and then say- Hay I really like this game, can I purchase an LE.. ( No chance)

I tried the let's wait and play and buy Premiums, but they do not hold their value here.
Same as Pros, you will lose 1 to1.5k within a few months.

LE's are the only safer bet that you will most likely get your money back, maybe make a buck or 2, or at worse you will lose $500

This is a Hobby for me, I'm not an operator who really couldn't care less about code, drop targets etc, except if it earns me money on location!

I Never said that Stern Sucks, Yes in quality of the material they use Suck tho!
The way they never return Emails from Stern Sucks! ( they seem to only reply to the locals)

Yes I was unhappy with the showing of the code and not having Drops on the Lily bank, and I feel that I'm not the only one.

#6215 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I have 4 Sterns, AC/DC Luci, Simpson’s,
T3, Playboy, all bought new , had 20-30 other Sterns which I’ve sold. Not looking to sell Munsters . I do have all remakes
And originals , JJP games ,I actually stop buying Sterns because no title recently made want to hit buy now ?I thought I would give them another chance .I haven’t updated my list , sold n bought a lot of games recently. If Stern makes E3
I’m very interested in that but I’m crossing my fingers it’s done right !

I have my fingers crossed for Level 2s code!
Just don't like the idea of the ( Close to the start button as Dwight calls it)
Dwight did well when he finished Star Trek, tho took some time.

I just hope that they are not stubborn on the idea to keep it simple.
Which is the real reason why they have the No Save ball turned off.......

#6216 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I will, just saying Munsters went from *the* next game to *possible* next game.
The machine looks great & no matter what it’s either a game I play on route or a game I play at home. So I can’t really complain... unless I buy it, too soon (ain’t happening).
AFMr CE is tempting. I have fond memories of it. Nostalgia can be a liar at times however.

Have you tried X-Men Le or Prem?
This is the longest Stern machine I have ever Owned
A true J Borgs master piece if you like tight shots with reward.
(reminds me that I need to purchase a ColorDMD for this )

#6259 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Agree. I expect the designers are on a pretty tight budget. Probably best to ask which feature(s) would you give up to get individual Lily stand-ups.

LOL
Sorry but tight budget, when you are getting a budget code?
Think of the cash saved not being spent on the code!

#6328 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some of you dudes need to take a step back and slow your roll.
Have you not learned anything?
I heard the same shit with TWD, "The Walking Dud", and BM66 "was the biggest POS money grab in Stern history".
I see what i see and i F ing like it, just like the two above.
The theme integration and LCD will give me great joy in and of itself!
Calm the F down and let the dust settle for Pete's sake.

ummmm code, the king himself Lyman.
if some one else coded these 2, im betting it still would be shit!

#6330 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Did I just read a complaint that they would have to wait till midnight to play madness?
Wow
Drops,cool but if I wanted another WD then sure
Munsters is great fun and a beautiful pin already only gonna get better.
The LE is sick.
X-men ? Come the fuck on

Are you serious?
Take code out of the descussion and look at the 2 playfields .
The Munsters looks stripped compaired to X-Men.

#6335 5 years ago

TBH: I love the theme, layout, shots, artwork, flow, lighting.
I can live with the Lily not being a 4 bank drop target - tho penny pinching as this would have been better!

BUT the CODE for todays players Really????

Dwight wants the game close to the start button (His words not mine)
This is just wrong, wrong, wrong!
we don't want SHALLOW code (In your face) when we are spending this type of cash!

We live in 2019 now not in 1999 when these type of rules were the norm.
20 years ago this would have be great.

It'll be like Ford, Holden, Mazda etc releasing cars today that are going back to the old gen because it worked back then.
No need for power steering, no need for ati lock brakes, no rear demisters, no cruse control, no automatics etc etc etc.

Next thing we will see from Stern is electro mechanical rules being added.

Come on get real......

#6339 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm not a Stern slurper, but give me a break with the devine right people think they deserve in a new machine. If the the game is too easy for you, wait for the next one. You dont have to hang around and pine for the game to be designed to your preferences... If you like it you play it, if not no one really gives a shit. Not every game needs to be the same. Not every game has to be coded in a way to meet your idea of how much money you spend on them.

I have already payed 50% deposit on the LE. Was a dream theme for me, I'm guessing that is why it upsets me more to see where the code went.
(which was after deposit) Yes, I will play the pro before I unbox the LE, if I still have the same feelings, then off to the slaughter house the LE goes.

As for each game not to be the same, this is true, fully agree... Reason why I still own 3 Bally Williams machines.
I think this is the reason why most of us have old and new machines.

Quoted from TheLaw:

You talk aboot "today's players" as if they are super advanced acrossT the board. Do you listen to people on this site? Do you hear people talking aboot how much they suck and how they never even look at the dmd/LCD when playing the game (wtf).
This is too simple, star wars and got are too confusing... Arrrggghh. Have you heard these mutts talk about how using a lock down button is too much work?
Fuck you don't hear this everyday, but you may be giving Pinsiders too much credit.

I think as a Pinball Pinside family, we normally help each other out with explaining rules, helping with tech tips etc, it's great to see.
I'm no pro myself lets be honest. Don't have the time to play daily, not even weekly at times

Anyway time for me to sit back and chill for a while.
what will be is what will be.

#6342 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

If you do not want your LE I am sure that Bruce will gladly give you your money back. All the guys at AMD are fantastic people and good to deal with. I am sure they have people on their waiting list to take your spot.
If the machine is upsetting you, maybe think about getting your money back. This hobby is meant to be fun.

I might be glad to sell it for 500 more too.

I'll wait it out and see what happens first.

#6402 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its awesome and you love it but theres not enough there.

Correct - not enough there!

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dwight needs to step up to the plate and make it great rule wise.

Not going to happen. Dwight already said that it's almost complete, bugs and adjustment to scoring will be about all that will now come.
(I hope I'm wrong) but I have no confidence in Dwight changing his mind.

Look at GB, Now trying to say that their was never meant to be "Are You God" in the game.
But it's printed on the Instruction sheet and displayed in the Display setting!

#6427 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They just added midnight madness and a secret mania mode plus lots other stuff in the last 2 updates... so never say never lol

if you call that an update, your easily pleased.

#6555 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hate to say it, but the more I play it, the more Munsters feels like the launch of bare-bones Batman '66. Almost exactly, actually. The video clips are better integrated and more plentiful, but where in Batman'66 you did simple things to finish each of the 4 villains, then had the battle when they escaped, in Munsters, you do a few simple things to finish Spot, Herman, Grandpa, Raven, Lily then have Munster Madness. There's a few multiballs and that's about it aside from the boosts and multipliers. Like Batman'66, you can get through it one time in about 10-15 minutes and see pretty much all there is to see except the video clips for the level II run though. Give it 20-30 minutes and you've completely consumed the entire game's Level I and Level II content. And if you're a reasonable player, you can do this in the first day or two you have it. There's easy, and then there's empty. Munsters, like the launch Batman'66, is essentially empty. Bright spot is at least it wasn't $15k.
Dwight has a LOT of work to do to bring this up to even acceptable. He should chat with Lyman who has experience re-thinking Batman'66 and making it actually good.

You hit the nail right on the head!

Munsters has nothing even close to Batman66, Lyman takes care and pride with his work! Reason why he takes his work load home with him..
This show's to me what dedication and love this guy has for the work he produces to us Pinball players!

Dwight on the other hand is a 9 to 5 guy, Clock on and pay me and I'll work on the code.
This guy will never re-think what was done to the Munsters code. (Shame but true)

As it stands a 20 to 30mins of game play as mentioned before to complete pretty much everything isn't going to last in a home environment!

(BUT I do hope to be proven wrong with the next few updates!)

Quoted from BrianBannon:

Are you saying you got all the way through everything by playing the game? Hmm, in the H2H podcast, Dwight mentioned that both Tim Sexton and Keith Elwin had yet to get through and finish the Level II content in any one game yet. Given that they are both world class players I find it hard to believe that any "reasonable player" will be able to do what you are describing "in the first day or two", if ever.

Maybe Tim Sexton and Keith Elwin got bored with level 2 being the same as Level 1 and walked away ?

#6557 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When the playfield's up, it looks even weirder. There's almost nothing under the playfield and only two node boards because there's so little to drive. Have a look:
[quoted image]

WOW 12 Coils! The budget expense blown out here ($300)

News Flash

Stern releases 2019 Spiderman VE

SMVE (resized).jpgSMVE (resized).jpg
#6558 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We are bored with bashing the game so now your going to attack Dwights work ethics or what you ASSume them to be?? Come on have a bit of respect for what they have created for goodness sake. We get it you don't like the game not sure why Dwight's commitment needs to come into assumed question now. Geeessssh.

Geeesssh and maybe we are bored with all the people that say the Code is Ok (when others clearly feel its not)
and that there is no need to have had 4 drop targets at the Lily skateboard pad? (when others feel that this would have been a better idea)

It's an opinion
like it or hate it.

Example:
(Bored) A bit like you posting you're mods in a Club or in a Hype Thread when you have a Mod thread created for this type of thing?
Get the drift

#6574 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I got the privilege to beta test STLE and I know first hand Dwight’s commitments to code. The dude and I were up til midnight (my time) each night of the final weekend crunching in last minute ideas and busting out bugs before he released that awesome ST code drop. He is not a 9 to 5’r like you accuse. He loves what he does; I’ve seen it first hand, and you can tell from his interviews and streams.
Know what Dwight has, crea-motherfucking-Tivity. Munster madness easy to get to? How many different ways can it be played? It’s got some serious HOTK steroids built into that mode, not to mention the zap and super jp’s. Basic code is one thing, diversity is another. Free your mind. Dwight rocks!

Well like I have said before, I really hope I'm wrong with The Munsters code Eskaybee!!!!

Agree with Dwights ST code, was a rollercoaster ride at the start, but his end result was amazing !!! Notice my avatar

As for 9 to 5 comment, then if this is true as you say, Then I apologize.
My thinking to this was based on his comment and lack of enthusiasm towards GB on the H2H pod cast.

#6576 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What exactly was Dwight’s contribution to star trek? Was it the medals concept and bug fixes?

Umm I think you were refuring to Eskaybees comment.

#6590 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'll be honest I went postal on munsters and stated it was going to be stern's greatest game ever, ask me in the TPF bar why I think that. Lesson learnt, play first, then opinion
Cheers,
Neil

Neil
I think the Munsters Art package in all 3 styles are possibally sterns Greatest to date.

#6634 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm only a bit familiar with Batman 66, but that's fairly decent with show integration, yes? It's kind of an automatic easier path, to directly design elements around so many villains. What are your thoughts on that pin?

Batman66 is a killer game now, top 15 in my books.
Modes are a killer with great stacking too.

#6639 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Then cross ya fingers Squizz

Have more than fingers crossed Wotto

Tho cannot see this becoming anywhere close to BM66 tbh.

#6641 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think it is not a good game for operators-I think it is a GREAT game for operators.

Operators will love this machine indeed, tho not really that many operators in Australia like it used to be.

I would bet that at least 85% of Pinballs sent to Aussie would be sold to home owners!

#6645 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Addams Family, please
I would suspect that side by side Munsters would make Addams look very old. But then it is very old, but is still super captivating to players new and old alike.
I wonder if Stern had one eye on TAF in terms of coming up with a rule set for Munsters. TAF isn't remotely deep but makes money hand over fist.

I think TAF has more going for it, and more toys.
But today's prices for an Adams is crazzzzy

#6648 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is my assessment.
Munsters next to TAF just showcases how empty Munsters is compared to a classic 90s game.
The only "toy" that interacts with the ball is Spot. TAF has so much more with the "oh my god did you see the hand grab the ball", the "man the power took control of the game" and the "vault opening"
Comparing TAF, a 4 flipper game with 2x the amount of stuff to Munsters is silly IMHO.
Only thing similar is code style of being more simplistic in nature (Munsters has way more strategy)

Agree with ya mate

Luv the power taking over and the electric volt sound increasing louder and louder
It's Showtime !

I would have liked to have seen Herman doing something more than just bob up and down a little.
Maybe something like Sparky was on Metallica, Shaking his head and arms when the ball was caught in the magnet.

Don't mind spot he's ok.

But so much more could have been done.

Edit:
Regarding Dragula - Hard to fit 7 targets into that spot,
well class of 1812 Gottlieb had the right idea.
image-18 (resized).jpgimage-18 (resized).jpg

#6679 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Munsters is a far better game than TAF.

Yet to be seen if Munsters does win ( The far better game) until we see final code.

BUT if Munsters doesn't win?
then there is a lot of egg on there face that it couldn't even beat a game that was made back in 1992.

#6683 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t you mean all that stuff gets in the way of “shit mods” and there’s plenty of those offered up these days

Wonder how this mod sold

#6728 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Mehtallica still Sucks

Come on that's a bit far fetched. Metallica is a cool game and now completed code rocks.
Even I would purchase one again down the track.

And to be correct from memory, I sold my Metallica to purchase a CC. (Big mistake on my behalf)
Should have kept Metallica

#6760 5 years ago

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters-Rule-Sheet.pdf

Well that confirms it, Level 2 and 3 will be the same but adjustments for timers and scoring

#6769 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wish all you guys would stop bitching so much and move on. You dont like the game we get it, so seriously just move on and wait for the next game that they release and maybe that game will be for you.

We get it, you love the machine as it is, tho telling everyone else to move on just because we don't is wrong.
I have stakes in this game, I too crap from time to time in this thread as to where the code is and is headed.

Remember this is The Munsters Hype thread, Not the Munsters club thread that's being crapped in.

#6770 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Look's like Lyman coded games for me now moving forward, BM66 might be the go

BM66 kicks ass!
Awesome game and CODE

#6771 5 years ago

tonycip

How are you enjoying the JJP Pirates?
I'm leaning towards one after watching a few streams.

Pro's
Con's

#6773 5 years ago

Thnx ^^^^^^^^^

#6784 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Level II clips are different, or maybe the clips for the modes are randomized. For example, Level I Herman is him going to work, where Level II is him trying to wash clothes, though I could swear I've seen the clothes washing clip on Level I.
But yeah, the game just needs more things to do and be better integrated into the show. You should have to "win" the race with Dragula after it launches by hitting the orbit 2 or 3 times successively post-launch. It would make that Dragula bit less boring and the countdown more tense since you'd be mentally preparing to hit 2 or 3 perfect orbit shots in a row to win the race. Stuff like that.
My son played Midnight Madness last night and his first words while playing the mode were, "this game needs more of THIS" and I totally agree. The Munsters Midnight Madness is THE best MM intro and one of the best midnight madness modes. Really a treat. More tightly integrated modes like that would really help the game.

We can only hope Vireland!
Everything else about Munsters is killer.
Just need's more and not same as before.

#6843 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The only flaw is its price.

Yes and no, JJP has quality and you can see where the money has been spent, while Stern gets cheaper and cheaper every year - $terns prices keep Rising and Rising!

I hope Wonka will be a home run too.

#6852 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ask yourself why Stern outsells JJP x 5

I feel that stern sells jjp x 5 because people cannot wait for the game from jjp to be made.
then Stern throws the next title out 4 months later and people spend on that.

Take the pro out of the sales, as jjp is really a premium and up.

Quoted from iceman44:

As for “quality”, it depends on how you define it.
All I read about are problems out of the box

I had no problems in over 2 years with my woz tbh.
and don't really know many that have had problems with their jjp machines either.

I have heard more complaints regarding sterns spike and node board.

#6863 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

JJP has had their fair share of playfield problems also so not sure where all of this quality is that you speak of. Stronger heavier cabinets i suppose but they are not as great as you think they are and besides they are too f*cking expensive and they cant even get games out the damn door to your house!
Also like ive said before, who cares how good the quality is if the game sucks!

Hmm have you ever looked inside a jjp machine?
That's quality.

#6906 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did you see their chipped playfields and worn scoop areas awhile back? Thats quality!

lol serious? Who-Dey
What chipped playfields same as sterns, sterns ghosting playfields, Spike system, Node boards, wrinkling decals over 2 titles, cheap locking bars, cheap playfield under support pins )replaced from the great standard sliding brackets.
point being

JJP is way better built in more ways than one Imo.
I'm No stern fanboy
tell it like I see it....

#6907 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looks like LEs are shipping next week

Nice, looking forward to your review after 10 games.

LE's not arriving here until early March.
Tick tock tick tock.

#6908 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

So the levels are 90% the same...
[quoted image]

Please don't bring this back up again,
the Musters Mafia will be onto ya

#6909 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Curious what people think, do you guys prefer the new signed plastics/cards or did you like it more when LEs where signed directly on the playfield?
No right or wrong just curious what was preferred!? Munsters playfield would have been perfect for signing with Dwight and Borg in the artwork.

I watched that quick stream myself with Borg signing the plastics with a black texta?
Surly cannot be in texta, or are they going to be clear coated?
or was it a paint pen?

Hate to see it only in Texta and you accidentally wipe the signature away while polishing the machine

I much Prefer the way it was signed on the playfield!
Wasn't that the reason why the LE's looked to have had more clear on the playfields due to clearing the signature?

#6911 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Looked like he used a Sharpie to me. Seemed to be doing it with care.

So can this be cleaned without removing the signature?

I remember maybe 4 years ago, I got Steve Richie to sign Getaway speaker cutouts, and when I removed the plastic film protector off, so went approx 60% of the signature

#7036 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some people came into this Munsters thread trolling this pin and singing the praises and greatness of POTC.

lol
too funny right there.

#7037 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The only people that bother me is the ones that keep coming back in here and saying it sucks 50 times. There are lots of games that i dont like but i don't go to their threads and dog the game over and over and over.

Get over it!
It's peoples opinion, everyone has one.

#7043 5 years ago

Played the PRO pinball Paradise in Melbourne late Saturday night - Thanks

My thoughts after seeing and playing The Munsters in the flesh

Art: The art package on the game show's alot more detail than what you get to see in pictures.
Very clean looking and the colours they used blend very well.
A+

Theme: Could you find a better theme than Munsters? Very hard to beat, tho I still want to see what Stern could do with Jaw's!
Munsters is a fantastic pinball theme for the family, Everyone should ge a laugh from Munsters clips,and quotes. The Munsters Clips are fantastic and keeps the opposition player entertained. True classic.
A

Sounds and Lighting: The quirky sounds like the left ramp stairs climbing up, but then twinkle back down if ball does not reach the top,vintage pop bumpers,Grandpas quotes all were fantastic.
Lighting effect was really well done, could use some spotlights as others have said for the middle of the Pro's playfield, looked kinda dim. Then the flashers kicked in and the lighting went to epic.
B+

Gameplay: No real cheap drains, tho I did have a 2 from the left ramp which did not make the top, only to roll down to the right outlane.
both ramps had great flow, from memory I had a 10 or shot 12 combo.
Orbits left and right felt very smooth and easy to hit.
Kitty: wasn't that hard of a shot and you could get your 3x and 6x quite easily.
Herman: Hermans interactive jitter up and down was not really even noticed during gameplay, He was a little too easy, he could be shot from both left and right flippers.
Lily: was way way too easy, needed those 4 drop targets (missed opportunity stern)
there is really no need to shoot for Lily, as while in normal game play the ball will end up completing the bank for you.
Grandpa: same as Lily, no need to hit the 4 standup targets, just normal gameplay while hitting other shots will complete it for you.
Dragula: has a clunky feeling when you hit it, but if you get a power shot thru the gate, the ball ends up going thru to the orbit and doesn't drop back down to the dragula switch. (this happened approx 3 times) So you make a great shot, but you are not rewarded. owell that's pinball.
Spot: was actually great to hit, I liked the idea to hit the right ramp to raise spot then left ramp to smack him. (Needed more of this type of style in the code)
Raven: just shoot the left ramp 3 times to complete Raven, nothing exciting other than multiball.
B

I consider myself as an average player
Played 6 games in total and that was enough for me to already get Grand champion on location. (1.2 Million) Ball saves were turned off, 3 balls per game.

Was it fun: Yes it was fun!
Is it worth the $13,650? - Hell no.
Munsters might be for you, As there is a game made for everyone.
Lasting appeal just isn't there for me, far to easy and repetitive!
The Code just need's more! (but after listening to Dwight and Jborg, this is what they wanted Munsters to be)
Felt shattered as i really really wanted to keep my Munsters LE!!!!

As a Very good friend of mine keeps telling me - It's just another pinball!
This time he was right.

Added over 5 years ago:

Edit: Played 6 games in total and that was enough for me to already get Grand champion on location. (1.2 Billion) Ball saves were turned off, 3 balls per game.

#7048 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's cool going up the " secret " passage behind the bookcase .
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hahahah

I haven't been there before, first time.
Was playing on Munsters and during the game, someone opened the door from the other side.
I was playing and thinking wft lol

I ended playing more games upstairs, he has a nice selection.

#7090 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think you must be mistaken about your GC score right? I can get that with my eyes closed.

Updated, Thanks for the pickup HD.

#7129 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Put some time on the pro tonight. The music, LCD and art package are awesome. Gameplay was old hat Borg to the extreme, with the meaningless side shots being the biggest disappointment. I heard it was shallow, but it is crazy shallow. .

All we can hope is that Sterns reads the disappointments and actually make some changes to the code for the better.

#7165 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I disagree, there is lots a designer can do- Munster's is cookie cutter at it's best
Lots of games that fit 'outside' cookie cutter layout like....Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, the list goes on and on. Look at all the classic Bally/Williams games and how they are all different. Yes some elements get copied from other titles but today it seems like cut and paste, especially with code for some Sterns. The good news is not all Stern's are cookie cutter and they have some cool rumored themes on the horizon. If Munsters does not do it for you-I am sure something else coming out this year will? Lots of good stuff coming-I can feel it.

Umm you forgot Borgs X-Men
Not another fan layout which is great to see.

#7166 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Some people are just never happy i guess, we see the same thing on every game that launches. Im just going to play all of my games and enjoy this hobby as much as i can. If pinball was any funner i dont know what i would do with myself.

Dude, serious.
You don't own Munsters yourself and you have no deposit on one as yet.
But you defend every post that's negative towards the Munsters....

Everyone has said the game is fun even Me .
But the code is Shit!

#7167 5 years ago

You could put a hundred toys in Pirates don’t change the fact that after the first one those movies suuuuck
The movies get worse and worse and Depp gets weirder and weirder

Owww poo

I must be weird then lol
Loved all the Pirates of the caribbean movies

#7169 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Does anybody else have a issue with Sterns Herman figure. I am a fan of the Munster's. When I think of Herman I think of him smiling and his open mouth laughing. Huh, Huh, Huh. (See the picture of the Herman in this Car.
I do not think of him as sculpted by Stern.
Does this bother anyone else?
Magicchiz
[quoted image][quoted image]

Like this

munsters-pinball (resized).jpgmunsters-pinball (resized).jpg
#7171 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

how can a game be fun if the code is shit?

Example
Wheel of Fortune
WWE

#7269 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But I’m still not convinced I want to give up on Munsters Le just yet. Haven’t swapped for Beatles ATM - I’ll go and play Munsters again on the weekend.

Stick with me Cooked
I'm still keeping MunLE
We can both complain together if the code doesn't change for the better

#7380 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Munsters shoots GREAT. It just needs something more than placeholder code to be a good game. I'm serious when I say in its current state it's VERY similar to the condition Batman'66 shipped in. Almost 1 to 1 comparison on what's there right now. It's a poor start and I hope Dwight is committed to making it as great as the art package and license demands.

There is no way in hell that Dwight will flick the code and start again like Lyman did with BM66.

What we have already is all the meat we will see from the code listening to Dwight on Pod casts.

#7413 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's still pretty damn good right now, BUT, I'm still waiting.......!
This is why the saying exists, "In Lyman we trust".

Lyman isnt doing the game, Dwight is

#7530 5 years ago

you would have thought a new code had dropped, but all the chat was about pillows.
who would have thought.

#7742 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is that some Iron Maiden “hate” I detect. I’m offended.

Think he was talking about the 1982 Stern release of Iron Maiden mate.

#7744 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's also weird the way the bash toy is implemented. The first time Herman is saving Lily from "the thing, the horrible thing", but you do this by just bashing him repeatedly? Why not have him tour the house to "clear" the rooms from danger or something that integrates with the storyline of the show that clip is from? After a super-sad code start, Batman'66 eventually became tightly integrated to select episodes, to its great benefit. Dwight doesn't have to re-learn that lesson for himself on Munsters, talk to Lyman - he's been through it, and let him give Dwight design shortcuts to improve the game quickly. There are so many positive improvements that can be made trending away from the score at all costs gameplay that turns a LOT of home users off. Dwight just needs to get started...

Well said

#7755 5 years ago

This is the most beautiful pinball I’ve ever seen god this thing is insane
Plus sounds and lighting someone deserves a raise just incredible

Congratulations, We still have approx another 3 to 4 weeks to wait for ours to land here.

#7757 5 years ago

I wouldn't accept this if it was on my LE when it arrives.
I would ask for an exchange.

operators wouldn't give too hoots about this, but as a home owner I do.

2 weeks later
#8036 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Just joined this thread. LOTS and LOTS of hate about this machine. I want a Pro REALLY bad, but have not played one yet. For those of you who have a Pro, did it meet your expectations...now that the honeymoon phase is over?
Plus, it now looks like there is new code to make it better.

Honeymoon phase still on! go play one for yourself onsite will be the only 100% garantee you will get for yourself tbh.
But if you enjoy mode based games, or even mid to complex rules, then Munsters will get stale for you quick in a small home collection.

#8087 4 years ago

Munsters smokes Maiden

Bahahaha this is just too funny!
not even close, but thanks for the laugh.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=squizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.