(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure my graph would show Gomez has a disproportionate amount of low-resale value pins in the last 15 years compared to other designers. Some went almost straight into the toilet.

Pretty sure the high resale of LOTR keeps his average respectable.

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope. You can't spread the merely good resale value of LotR over 5 duds and keep the average resale respectable. And besides, people buy machines, not averages. Do you want to gamble when the odds of getting a good design with decent resale from a Stern Gomez machine are 1 in 5, or 20%?

Calm down hipster.

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Only thing that makes LOTR great is Keefer's code and contributions.

Nonsense.

Game shoots amazingly. Never even had a chance to get into the code, my impressions were all on the mechanics.

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It's hard to show, but I was quoting a response to someone asking someone "in the know" specifically about things like Grandpa's basement, and the response was that it would be very "Haunted House" in nature. Obviously just fishing for information, but it seemed like something very close to a confirmation.

Crazy to think how Stern could implement a 3-story playfield structure at the current price points.

Perhaps the Pro is lacking the lower playfield, while keeping the upper. Or Vice Versa.

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Every designer says they start with the Premium and then downgrade but I don't quite believe that seeing the changes gameplaywise are mostly minor... as long if your name is not Steve Ritchie (just throwing out upper or lower playfield or toy like hyperloop alltogether).
Batman 66 is different. But that gigantic mech (hate it if you like but as a mech it's astonishing) would not have been built if there had to be a pro model.

No, not every designer. Ritchie and Trudeau have said that. Borg has said he starts with the Pro.

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Did you see how excited he was talking about Gotg pro? Without a doubt he designs around the pro..
He likely enjoys the challenge, but certainly enjoys pumping out quality games at the more affordable price point for the community. I hope this rocks, cause it’d be nice sitting next to Taf

Yup. There's a reason why Borg's Pros are so solid, and sometimes what he adds to the Premiums seems forced.

Generally, Ritchie's games seem to be lacking on his Pros.

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

But being the best in total.
Honestly, who does the Vaults? Spiderman Vault, Star Trek Vault, ACDC Vault...
Little bit of trolling aside: Yes, of course there is a flipside to everything. I think Star Wars Pro is lacking as hell, but Star Trek Pro plays generally the same and GoT while playing totally different is a great Pro!

What was this thread originally about?

Ritchie is the king, but his Pros are compromised, by his own admission.

You forgot Iron Man Vault. Borg. And Tron is coming.

#677 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

AC/DC, GOT, and SW pros are far from lacking. Some might say they are better players

Star Wars Premium is bare enough....the Pro looks like a home version!

GOT Pro is missing that whole damn upper playfield, and AC/DC the lower one!

Pass what you're smoking!

#679 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I think he likes to play ‘em. Maybe that’s the disconnect.

I like to play those 3 too.

The Premiums.

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

No way will Stern do that again!
This is a Stern game, not a Kapow.
Expect all guns a blazin at Expo

Batman ‘66 is Stern game. The partnership with Kapow was over the license only.

1 week later
#813 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I love the LE speculation....
Who said it was limited to 500 machines?
About 3 weeks ago a good friend had just been to factory. Although I can't confirm it, only what was told to me. I was told the LE's will be set at 1000.

A good friend of mine was at the factory last week, and he said Baffle Ball will be the next VE.

#816 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Like this?[quoted image]

No, like this.

baffleball-lrg (resized).jpgbaffleball-lrg (resized).jpg
#834 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Better find a new friend with Intel.

9ac4ea4ad42afaecbb928a85a0cceecb.jpg (resized).png9ac4ea4ad42afaecbb928a85a0cceecb.jpg (resized).png
#856 5 years ago

****TOP SECRET INFO REMOVED******

#869 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

G1 Transformers would easily be my favorite theme of all time. I was in 6th grade when they came out and all my friends and I couldn’t wait for 11am on Sunday mornings (if I remember correctly) when the new episode came on.
I still have piles of old Transformer toys that my kids can’t wait to get a hold of.
Michael Bay sucks.

Finally starting watching the 5th movie last night. At least the finally have Welker and Cullen together doing the voices of Megatron and Optimus Prime.

They had that "Mr. Anderson" guy doing Megatron in the first 3 movies. Never understood why bay didn't use Welker to begin with.

#870 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

What they recently did with Aerosmith really awakened the game into a very addicting shooter.
I’m guessing the new hires went in a tweaked that code, which originally was decent but lacked polish and better rules and rewards.
Lonnie doesn’t really have the best reputation for revisiting or taking great pride in his work, which is why Transformers for example suffers from many shortcomings that were never corrected.

Same thing happened with GOTG after the .90 release. New blood doing the rules.

1 week later
#960 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yup - Munsters IS next.
and do not be surprised if Elvira is released in Spring 2019....

October 2019.

1 week later
#1086 5 years ago

Munsters is this fall, Beatles at the beginning of the year, Steve Ritchie's unlicensed game will be in the summer, and Elvira 3 next fall.

Come on, folks! Let's agree on the schedule so we can at least be arguing about the same things!

#1088 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You missed Brian Eddy's game. It should be ready as well next year.

I don't think so.

To have his game in there would bump Ritchie's, and I don't think Ritchie is going three years without a game.

Eddy is the new hire at Stern...so his design would have started after Ritchie's current one.

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Why would Stern bring out another so soon with IM and DP selling so strong. Why be your own competition? It's not like the code is already done.

Business is booming. And it's not really that soon. A late October announcement means a November roll out. Only so many months left in the year, and Stern has repeatedly said there will be 3 cornerstone titles this year.

#1098 5 years ago

The Beatles might have special pricing like Batman '66, but it will count as a cornerstone title.

It's not a boutique thing like WNBJM.

#1172 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Which game is it that will have Gomez design in it? He had mentioned in one of the podcasts that a new title next year would have his design influences.

Deadpool

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

No, he said something else is coming. Deadpool was already out.

Hard to say. As VP, he jumps in an assists the other game designers when needed. His fingers, in small ways, are probably in most games.

2 weeks later
#1326 5 years ago

Borg just confirmed on the Facebook Live video that his next game comes out next month!

#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Gary Stern isn't stupid he knows who's buying pinball machines and it ain't 20 somethings. Batman 66, Munsters they will be more. I'm an 80's kid so I would be all over lets say..................I got nothing. Movies from the 80's, that list is very long #1 on the list a Star Trek pin based on all 6 films, I loved them all but would settle for a Wrath of Khan LE.
[quoted image]

My friend and I have been spit-baling a WOK pinball for some time. The common toy that survives all iterations is a LED Prefix Code screen with drop targets in front for each number. Then cue the scene of "Sir, our shields are down! Raise them! I can't!" Begin multi-ball.

#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

"I'm an 80's kid so I would be all over lets say..................I got nothing."
You're kidding right? There are tons of great 80's movies to make a pinball for. I'd go bonkers for a Gremlins pin or Hellraiser. Other people have been calling for a Goonies pin. We still need a decent Freddy because that garbage pin isn't it. Also, we still don't have an accessible Alien or Predator pin.
They could go other routes like a Saturday morning cartoons or Muppets and it would have potential.

Agreed. The 80's are a goldmine of content: music, movies, and TV shows.

#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No it doesn't its terrible. I've played RZ and AMH and the comedy sucks. Its like the custom call outs for GB's and ST or the Hillbilly in TWD. Very rairly do they pull it off. STTNG comes to mind, and thats mostly because they didn't try to make it funny.

Looks like someone is taking advantage of legal weed up north!

#1369 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're essentially getting a Stern Premium for a Pro price. Very competitive.

MBrLe is $5,400?

#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you read? Where did I say the MBrLE? I was clearly comparing CGC's base model to Stern's base model. CGC's base model is similar to a Stern Premium at a Stern Pro price.

Can I read what? The comment you quoted was about the MBrle.

So the question is.........CAN YOU READ?

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They always have multiple games on the line...nothing is really ever competing with other games. More titles = more possible sales from different demographics. Deadpool will be in production for 3 years, so doubt they’d delay a game due to sales of another. If people want Deadpool they’ll want Deadpool. If they want Munsters they’ll want Munsters.

This post should be pinned to the top of the Pinside Forum.

#1415 5 years ago

If the LE does indeed have black and white artwork on the cab, and happily flaunting it, then colorized video doesn't mesh well aesthetically.

#1419 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Beatles next .

Nope.

#1423 5 years ago

If memory serves, Stern posted a teaser for Guardians of the Galaxy on Halloween of last year.

Seems like history could repeat this year, especially with the theme being what it is.

#1432 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

I’m wanting the Munsters. But I’ve heard that Beatles are next, Munsters early 2019.

Munsters is next month.

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Actually, all those who said Munsters would be first were wrong as Beatles info was released today.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/7

Yuck. That doesn't seem to be a "Cornerstone" title, more like a boutique pin.

Munsters may still come out this year.

Plot thickens.....

#1452 5 years ago

Confirmed: Boutique Pin

Only 100 Diamond Edition Games
Only 250 Platinum Edition Games
Only 1614 Gold Edition Games
Only 1964 Games in Total

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I think they could colorize the clips. As they'd also probably just enhance or alter them also so that the animations work for the machine. As a normal clip just played might lack energy. Black and white could work. I just think. It's pinball, the more color the better.
In regards to the show though, I always think watching it in black and white is the best choice. Just exudes a creepier atmosphere. The spiders webs and smoke and dust just look that much better in black and white.
Also the makeup they wore was designed for black and white and not really color use.... Yes, they did shoot the pilot in color, and the main reason they shifted to black and white was it was like 10k cheaper per episode. But, they did alter the makeup for herman and grandpa after the pilot.

So, everything was designed for black and white, looks better that way, but they should color the clips for the LCD?

I've gone cross-eyed.

#1531 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Only the LE is black and white. All the other packages are going to be color. If those photos are to be believed. The LE will probably be hte lowest selling. As its capped.
I prefer color, because black and white will wash out while playing. And it'll pop more... But, if they just use black and white I'll be fine with that.

I wasn't referencing the LE being Black and White.....only your own comment that everything was designed for Black and White in the show, and then reversing yourself to say that the clips should be colorized.

#1573 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

You'll see Munsters end of November or Early December or so.
Hold steady.
Game will be out long before Texas show and appearance by Butch. (That is not the reveal) But that cameo with Butch should be fun nonetheless.

Agreed. Stern doesn't "reveal" games at Texas, but that is the first opportunity for many to play the game.

#1616 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's OK, but it's still a small and oddly proportioned screen.

It's not oddly proportioned to play video clips. Most video content is going to be 16:9 or less, so the extra long CGC aspect ratio would the odd proportion for video.

#1632 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

It's a near-certainty that Stern WILL indeed overcharge you AND as an additional gift, be of inferior quality. Sorry Stern, but the record you've made for yourselves speaks volumes...incomplete code, absolute amateur quality "artwork", McDonald's happy meal toys strewn about the playfields and, oh let's not forget cabinets with the durability of a soap bubble. Trust me, if there is a way to foul up such an awesome theme as The Munsters, Stern will be the guys to do it!

It's with near-certainly that your rant is juvenile, inaccurate, and filled with hyperbole.

#1642 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

@ Sinestro...."Near Certainly" ??? Ok, whatever.

You response is to point out a grammatical error??

LOL! I guess I won my argument with you then.

#1643 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Couldn’t agree more! It’s unbelievable what they give us for the high dollars we give them. JJP on the other hand gives us a great deal more in light shows, sounds, motorized toys that interact with the ball

You mean like the Smaug toy, that just rotates his head and does NOTHING with the ball.

Hey man, my $5,400 GOTG has a Groot toy that eats pinballs.

#1645 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Actually, the head follows the ball around the playfield, it’s pretty cool programming.

Actually, the ball never touches the head, so it doesn't interact with it.

#1707 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You are forgetting Elvira 3.

I doubt there's a prototype of Elvira 3 yet. It probably still exists only as a layout.

#1714 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You couldn't be more wrong.

Please, enlighten us with your genius and insider knowledge.

#1732 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure on some podcast Dennis said it as been completed for a while?

The design. The layout.

Not a built machine.

#1733 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:Deleted post

The only arrogant and ignorant person I see here is you.

Please tell us about your cousin's sister's former roommate that's your source.

2 weeks later
#1865 5 years ago

Stern often shows off their newest title at TPF, long after they have announced it. I don't think Butch knows anything more than his TPF appearance with the game.

#1956 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Show Stern the monies and watch how suddenly they'll care.

Bingo. However, I don't want them updating just be updating because now they feel obligated. The updates have to make the game better, not just filler crap.

#2001 5 years ago

WOW!

Now that's a leak!

#2004 5 years ago

The long playfield pic seems to be unpopulated. And the other corner playfield pic is so small, it's hard to get a feel for the game.

Never-less, great scoop!!

#2172 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My main issue with all Stern tables, is the lack of interactive toys. If I’m going to pay Sterns high asking prices, it better be more than artwork underglass. They better have worlds under glass, loaded with interactive toys like JJP. Im not trying to turn this into JJP vs Stern. JJP has upped the game for sure. An empty play field is not very pinball like and especially in the 21st century. I know the pics are low Rez and maybe the high Rez will change minds, but the PF looks rather empty and more in the vain of the Beatles table. I love the Munsters show. It’s a classic, so I really want to like this table. Will hold full judgement till complete reveal and play is shown. Stern is smart to piece meal the reveal to us.
I own Batman 66 and love the table theme integration. But it has some motorized active toys. Penguin crane is one of the all time best and the bat cave turntable another quality motorized toy. Munsters beside it would look nice. So here’s hoping full reveal looks better and full demo shows more motorized toys.

Groot eats balls in GOTG, then speaks and spits them out. Even on the Pro. Doesn't get much better than that.

#2216 5 years ago

This guy is in the wrong thread. Time for him to leave, methinks.

#2230 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I believe we are getting 4 flippers on premium/LE Tiger

6. There is an upper playfield on the Premium/LE as well as a lower.

#2252 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I doubt that is true. These are high priced items. Any competition at all takes away from their sales. They went years with no competition, and frankly it showed during most of that time. I would be concerned if they WEREN'T concerned. Competition is always good for the consumer - because it forces companies to try or close up shop. We can applaud them for sticking it out in the lean times, but to completely write off everyone else as inconsequential is naive.

Stern is selling a HELL of a lot more pins this decade than last.

From their perspective, the competition has meant didly-squat.

#2256 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Pinball is in a resurgence, but it will be temporary. The competition is fairly new. I guarantee you it is on their minds. I doubt there's 'we need to take them out' mentality like with some areas of capitalism, but it should make them step up their game on all fronts.
I do think it is way too early to say anything about this game though.

Stern started that resurgence prior to the competition arriving.

I'll reiterate my previous assertion: The competition is not taking sales away from Stern from their perspective.

#2277 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm pretty sure that if anyone buys a NIB game that is not from stern that stern sees it as a lost sale. Your argument makes no sense. Stern is pretty aggressive when it comes to what they feel is their market.

Your logic is flawed. You're claiming that anytime someone buys a JJP game, it's a lost Stern sale? Like they would just have to have bought ANY game? No matter the theme? Wrong.

#2278 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I don’t think you can say Stern started the resurgence. They were the only ones left when it did start, but they didn’t start it.

Stern started it in the beginning of this decade with a series of quality titles. Tron, AC/DC, Metallica......it spread from there.

#2280 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Agree the climate is much different these days. To compare a game that came out 25+ years ago to a new Stern is not a good comparison. I'd have a hard time believing Stern can make a better game than Addams.

Stern's made plenty of games better than Addams Family.

Don't get me wrong, TAF is a good game, but please curb your hyperbole.

#2281 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No, it is still yours. It's not a zero sum game. While some JJP or CGC or whoever games may not cut into it, you still have the 'either or' scenario. The majority of people aren't buying everything that comes out, they choose. So yes, if they have more to choose from it definitely can cut into Sterns sales.

It can. It doesn't mean it always does, as jgentry was implying.

So...your's is flawed too.

#2283 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm guessing you were not in the hobby back then because that's not what happened. But please keep telling people that were in the hobby how it went down.

Please, keep telling me when I got into the hobby.

Please tell us more, Carnac the Magnificent.

#2285 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Lol, you are always so over the top with your arguments.
So were you in the hobby then, you somehow left that out. Nothing wrong with being newer to the hobby if that's the case.

By then, the LE models had started making Stern some nice inflated profit. More sales were moving to the home user. Old Jack was liking what he was seeing, and decided it was time to jump in, but didn't have a game out until 2013. In the meantime, Tron hit, followed by AC/DC. Stern fueled the resurgence and made it possible for other to be successful. I say possible, because many have failed.

#2287 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Strange I remember tron coming out early 2011 ish and was not being received that well. The LEs were pretty much the same price as the regular model and they were available for a pretty long time. If only I could go back and buy several for 5k. Same thing with avatar and rolling stones LEs. So I'm not sure what LEs you are talking about that was making them a pile of money at that time. Maybe the Lotrle in 2009? But once again it was not crazy priced or really inflated yet.

Stern had LE's (if not in name) starting with Spider-Man Black in 2007. LOTR and Avatar followed, then Tron and Transformers.

They were geared to home user/collector market. And yes, they were more expensive. Not sure why you think Tron LE was the same price as the Pro.

#2289 5 years ago

Used the Web archive to go back to 2011. My distro's site wasn't backed up on his prices page, so just picked Game Room Guys as a random alternative. Their prices are high, but are consistently high among all Stern's different models. Quite the gap between Tron Pro and Tron LE.

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 9.37.46 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-01 at 9.37.46 PM (resized).png
#2291 5 years ago

Here's Pinballs.com from June of 2011.

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 10.00.17 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-01 at 10.00.17 PM (resized).png
#2293 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I paid $3800 NIB for my Tron.

Good price! Do you remember what that distro was charging for the LE?

#2296 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

My distrib was 5995 which included shipping and a shaker.

So easily $1,500 more than a Pro...perhaps even more.

#2298 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sorry, No, I didnt even know it existed.....I sold it 4 weeks later....Loved the game...The Soundtrack was haunting me in my sleep...made my crazy playing pinball in my dreams.

LOL! That game's soundtrack is my ringtone!!!

#2331 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

That's just Butches appearance, that's been lined up for months, the game is coming way before that - release will be soon.

Exactly. Butch has no inside knowledge on when Stern will officially announce the game online. He only knows about his appearance at TPF to show off the game to patrons of the festival.

#2341 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You’re rewriting history a bit. In 2010/11 Stern had scaled down so much, their only designer was Borg. Their only programmer was Lonnie w/ Lyman helping a bit as freelance. Collectors HATED Stern games of this era. They hated Iron Man. They thought Tron was a joke. They didn’t get popular until later when people realized they were fun. Even low run LE’s like Stones & Avatar sold slowly & are said to not have been finished their production runs.
Stern brought back Steve Ritchie for AC/DC as a counter to JJP’s announcement of the company & WOZ. Stern didn’t have a real resurgence until AC/DC became a massive unexpected hit. The collector hype from AC/DC & Tron LE’a value spike led to LE’s selling well to speculators and flippers, even if the games were bad. Even those sales booms weren’t a real representation of the pinball resurgence, which really started a bit later with a mix of marketing, better themes/art, pop culture, nostalgia, streamers, tournaments and barcades.

I’m not re-writing history. The is no pinball resurgence without Stern.

Now, back to the Munsters.

#2344 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That is true, but your facts and timeline are wrong.

The thread’s moved on. Last night was the time to jump into that argument.

#2372 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Totally untrue.
Since JJP arrived, Stern has:
- added LCD screens and hired animation artists
- increased # of coders and made a stronger commitment to update code in games (BM66, WD, AS are all great examples)
- added Franchi, ZombieYeti and Dirty Donnie as artists
- improved quality control
- started contract manufacturing
- hired more designers
Are there other factors at work? Sure. But to say the competition has meant nothing? When Stern had no competition, you had games with DMD only, photoshopped art, and incomplete or long delays in code. Competition is healthy!

Uh, you'd better re-read what I wrote. I was talking about from a sales perspective, JJP has meant didly-squat to Stern.

Everything you posted is true, and not in dispute.

Back to the Munsters.....

#2450 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Stern also lifted the mini-screen from JJP DI. They are rather cuthroat about it, hence the secrecy. All's fair in love, war and business.

That's BS.

Trudeau wanted to put mini LCD screens in Mustang (a game from 2014) under the playfield to show the different cars driving up and sliding to a stop. It was deemed too expensive for multiple mini LCD screens. He had the idea even before WWE.

However, DI did steal "Mick on a Stick" from Stern's Rolling Stones!

#2454 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mb had drac on a stick and im sure something used it before that

That part was more of a joke.

#2505 5 years ago

Munsters Tuesday

#2555 5 years ago

I can spot the upper and lower playfield from that pic.

#2562 5 years ago

I kid....I kid......

#2569 5 years ago

Much nicer!!!!

Their old site was ass.

#2570 5 years ago

Interesting. Ghostbusters has moved to the archive now.

#2577 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Is Deeproot real or just an elaborate hoax?
I remember sorta asking the same question when strippers went to expo with Big Lebowski flyers.
Feels like the Scientology of pinball.

Does that make Stern the Roman Catholic Church?

Spooky is in Wisconsin, so they are clearly the Lutherans.

#2580 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LE not B&W.....

Go on......

#2584 5 years ago

That looks like the LE to me.

#2617 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Now that’s some crazy ass bullshit way of doing business.

It’s not that bad. Even if the game is a dud, they can move 20 of them. There are plenty of NIB buyers who get everything new just to try it out. I would say that’s very low risk for the distro.

#2640 5 years ago

Dialed In is a terrible theme and a hot mess of a layout. That’s a double whammy.

#2645 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I have not seen too many people criticize the layout. You slap the star wars theme on that layout and people would rank it in the top 10 if the rules and sound were good.

I'm not impressed by it. Slap Lawlor's name on it, an incoherent layout with Mick-on-a-stick, and apparently a small, but vocal minority of Pinsiders go ape shit.

#2647 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Two orbits, two ramps, a center shot and a through-the-pops shot - yeah, I see your point?

Whatever floats your boat.

Some people like Nickleback.......

#2648 5 years ago

I see the Dialed In fans are out in force in this thread......all 10 of them!

#2711 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

90% chance Stern fucks it up but as a HUGE Gottlieb Haunted House fan I hope they don’t.

Curb your hyperbole.

#2742 5 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I'll wait for Munsters code to be completed, and play the game before I even think about buying it. It's not like you won't be able to buy one. I am sick of giving stern my money and waiting years for code to be completed. Still waiting for GB to be done, its been 3 years and still no final code.

It has not been three years.

#2770 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know, but man I played it last week and it is probably the worst game I've played in years. Just...not...fun. (I'm sure someone out there likes it though).

Lots of people like it, bub. It is very common on location, and has been the favorite of any recent Stern i’ve had.

#2788 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No bash toy in a Borg game? Blasphemy!

The playfield pics are un-populated with the toys.

#2799 5 years ago

Herman's Head location. Definitely some kinda toy goes there.

Herman (resized).jpgHerman (resized).jpg
#2805 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

You are correct: 2 years and 9 months. Still.. fucking ridiculous!

Since the game was released.

Last code update was January of 2017, so still under 2 years.

#2810 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Last code update yes. But, the game still isn't complete. As you well know it's missing a mode that is on the instruction card and it's been almost 3 years since release. Not acceptable.

It's been too long, but not 3 years. That's what I was pointing out.

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding then, I thought people said they'd already put in pre orders.

They are putting in generic pre-orders with their distos for what they assume will be Munsters.

Stern has nothing to do with that.

#2907 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What was the last Premium/Le Stern game with a worthwhile and must-have upper or lower playfield?

GOT.

1 week later
#3143 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

So 3 separate playfield manufactures required? I know they've signed and recleared le's in the past but that seems like an enourmous outlay.

Might be three different branches of the software, if the Premium has a B&W screen.

#3199 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

What they will be doing for the munsters is taking what was done and meant to be color and converting it to black and white... And that is not how it should be done ever.

We simply don't that yet.

#3286 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FYI, you can insert an animated gif by selecting "original size (no rescaling)" from the dropdown menu before you attach the picture when you post, so it doesn't process the graphic, removing the animation.
[quoted image]

Good tip!

#3353 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't really know the Munsters show but isn't Herman a good guy? Are there any villains or antagonists in the show that would serve as good bash toys or is it more of a sitcom? It doesn't really make sense to bash someone that's a good guy but I guess they did it with Optimus Prime in Transformers so I wouldn't rule it out.

Groot is a good guy.

#3364 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

don't think a single Beatles has sold in the UK...

I'll bet there are a few Elvis games over there.

#3368 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is anyone other than me starting to lose interest because this game is taking so damn long to be announced?

Tuesday, buddy. Tuesday.

#3378 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm still excited to see this game but im kind of getting burned out from all the hoping and waiting. Its getting tiresome at this point and they just need to reveal the damn thing. The hype is fun but you can only keep it high for so long if you know what i mean.

Jeez....how do you think those of us waiting for Elvira 3 feel?

LOL!

#3383 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not in the know here. Who's making that? I love both the Elvira pins.

Stern. Dennis Nordman designed, like the first two. Him and Cassandra Peterson announced it at TPF in 2017. George Gomez confirmed it would be made at TPF 2018.

#3407 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-new-pinball-purchase-will-be-taxed-
Not good for potential Munsters sales - should have released in FY18. (Or maybe ctra money is no big deal for you ?)
Are you ready to pay another $300 in taxes! Plus a bump in price from Stern?

I wonder if there will be some wiggle room for distros....especially those that don't hold inventory.

If I'm buying a game from them, and they are just arranging to have it shipped from Stern to me, then the game never resides in their state, and they never would have shipped from their state.

#3609 5 years ago
MunstersStern (resized).jpgMunstersStern (resized).jpg
#3833 5 years ago
IMG_1409 (resized).JPGIMG_1409 (resized).JPG
#3923 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It sucks in color!

Wrong.

#3941 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Perhaps there’s a language barrier here....let me try something else: A BOBBALEE BOBO, ABOBBALEE BO.
Awful game, total waste of a great license. Munsters won’t have a bad fake voice problem.

Fixed with Cleland's mod.

Now.....bliss.

#3947 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Having to fix horrible sound packages on $6000-$9000 games....bullshit.

Agreed. 100%. No argument here.

But the game doesn't suck, especially after the sound mod.

#3951 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Daylight savings is applicable to both Eastern and Pacific time zones.
The time zones are always 3 hours apart.

You wouldn't believe the arguments I get in with people about DST. Many just don't get it, especially here in Indy, where we just started using it about 10 years ago.

People complain about the short days in the winter, and blame DST. I tell them "We're not ON DSTL right now! This is how it was normally!!!"

They still don't get it.

#4010 5 years ago

Black and White looks stellar!

#4039 5 years ago

Loving the easy to hit scoop. I hate those "far on the side" scoops where you spend half the game trying to start a mode.

#4061 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Original animations and renders mostly look like absolute arse imo.

I think they look great, and Stern has improved in this area.

#4063 5 years ago

The lower playfield looks to be a huge improvement over AC/DC!

Plastic ramp, VUK with wireworm, bash toy, and multi-ball!

#4139 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

innovative[quoted image]

Stern has had mini-LCD screens on the playfield years before TNA.

#4141 5 years ago

Curious as to what all of you think of needing to extra sets of buttons for the lower playfield.

Just cutting the power the the lower flippers seemed to work fine for AC/DC. Is there a gret advantage to 4?

#4150 5 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Neither one of those is a mini-LCD

Quoted from toyotaboy:

yea, and people have been selling lcd mods long before that.. stern never put a display IN the playfield, and certainly not specifically a counter for an area of the playfield.. so no they havent.

Sorry, LED.

And yes Stern has been using them for years. Wheel of Fortune comes to mind.

#4156 5 years ago

Ha!

#4158 5 years ago
stn_wheelfortune2 (resized).jpgstn_wheelfortune2 (resized).jpg
#4162 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

wheel of fortune had a general dot matrix display above the playfield. was it used for ball save counter?

Look again. Right on the playfield.

Time to give up dude.

#4166 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

wheel of fortune had a general dot matrix display above the playfield. was it used for ball save counter?

It doesn't appear the LED counter on Munsters is a ball save anyway, just a timer for when the basement (lower playfield) mode is over.

#4280 5 years ago

Just stunning!

49395789_10157090420299244_7903813098312564736_o.jpg49395789_10157090420299244_7903813098312564736_o.jpg49439902_10157090419549244_4043973345706770432_o.jpg49439902_10157090419549244_4043973345706770432_o.jpg49508080_10157090419529244_7994778448352509952_o.jpg49508080_10157090419529244_7994778448352509952_o.jpg49542288_10157090420144244_6308282079842926592_o.jpg49542288_10157090420144244_6308282079842926592_o.jpg49542303_10157090419864244_5891558729010118656_o.jpg49542303_10157090419864244_5891558729010118656_o.jpg49573795_10157090420284244_3455968412801433600_o.jpg49573795_10157090420284244_3455968412801433600_o.jpg49575698_10157090419609244_2400465034279911424_o.jpg49575698_10157090419609244_2400465034279911424_o.jpg49609779_10157090420739244_7206456962316238848_o.jpg49609779_10157090420739244_7206456962316238848_o.jpg49612645_10157090419514244_6653419849248669696_o.jpg49612645_10157090419514244_6653419849248669696_o.jpg49614629_10157090420659244_4587414857589981184_o.jpg49614629_10157090420659244_4587414857589981184_o.jpg49619233_10157090419134244_6996293621133606912_o.jpg49619233_10157090419134244_6996293621133606912_o.jpg49664368_10157090419444244_3627465159850590208_o.jpg49664368_10157090419444244_3627465159850590208_o.jpg49678561_10157090419764244_8598169212537536512_o.jpg49678561_10157090419764244_8598169212537536512_o.jpg49682532_10157090419814244_5173497423263170560_o.jpg49682532_10157090419814244_5173497423263170560_o.jpg49702424_10157090418924244_7896252860654944256_o.jpg49702424_10157090418924244_7896252860654944256_o.jpg49752994_10157090420549244_3724191156251131904_o.jpg49752994_10157090420549244_3724191156251131904_o.jpg49756154_10157090419644244_3997289933122306048_o.jpg49756154_10157090419644244_3997289933122306048_o.jpg49781233_10157090418804244_8925844052939636736_o.jpg49781233_10157090418804244_8925844052939636736_o.jpg49834029_10157090419984244_1797032823660478464_o.jpg49834029_10157090419984244_1797032823660478464_o.jpg49834132_10157090420429244_7529835065895813120_o.jpg49834132_10157090420429244_7529835065895813120_o.jpg49848591_10157090420219244_3061961990105726976_o.jpg49848591_10157090420219244_3061961990105726976_o.jpg49852113_10157090419934244_923918130466521088_o.jpg49852113_10157090419934244_923918130466521088_o.jpg49864710_10157090419754244_3528204668888940544_o.jpg49864710_10157090419754244_3528204668888940544_o.jpg49895759_10157090420484244_9137742921687105536_o.jpg49895759_10157090420484244_9137742921687105536_o.jpg50044952_10157090418824244_8245087458736209920_o.jpg50044952_10157090418824244_8245087458736209920_o.jpg50055554_10157090420589244_4429653351528923136_o.jpg50055554_10157090420589244_4429653351528923136_o.jpg50103959_10157090420369244_7770455639377051648_o.jpg50103959_10157090420369244_7770455639377051648_o.jpg

#4315 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

They are smaller than standard. I don't know if they're as small as Stewie's though.

They look to be bigger than Stewie's, but smaller than standard.

#4317 5 years ago

After going over the feature matrix, it's clear that the only mechanical difference between the Pro and the Premium is the lower playfield and its extra flipper buttons. No other mechs are compromised. Even the playfield and GI lighting are exactly the same.

It's not your average lower playfield. They have done an outstanding job, and it seems worthy of the Premium's uncharge.

That being said, if you don't like lower playfields, Munsters will be one hell of a solid Pro for you.

#4318 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Speculating here as well but I think this title won't touch GB in sales. This theme does not have that net like GB does. GB grabs 30-40 year olds like me, and older guys AND younger. Munsters? No way.
Would love to revisit this and see how it falls out.

GB went into Stern's archive at the end of last year, prior to the usual 3 year run. Perhaps sales weren't as good as initially thought.

#4474 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That combined with the Herman Bashtoy (Why exactly am I shooting him? Is he the enemy?!) is a bit lacking for me.
NOT like GotG where you shoot Rocket Raccon and Groot. WHY?!

Many times the bash toy is not the "Enemy". This is nothing new in pinball.

Groot, Demon, Wolverine, 'Lil Deadpool, Mick on a stick. And not least of all, the Ark of the Covenant!

#4476 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

All those games aren’t great sellers

We don't have sales figures, but meaningless anyway to my argument.

#4539 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Been watching the pro stream and i tell ya, the pro version of this game is damn damn good! It doesn’t have the lower playfield obviously but im not so sure that i care about the lower playfield that much. Im going to have to do some serious thinking on all of this. This Pro is LOADED and it’s beautiful looking also!

The lower playfield is literally the only mechinal difference between a Pro and Premium. No compromises on spinners, lighting, or other mechs. A very solid Pro.

That being said, the lower playfield and the black and white put the Premium over the top for me personally. Those that hate lower playfields will be very happy with the Pro.

#4564 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The one JJPPOTC on route in the state is $2 per play still I think (and sounds like players are paying it and happy to have the experience.

I wouldn't pay 25 cents for that thing. I know others who feel the same way. It's simply not fun.

#4736 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My only disappointment was I was hoping the ball would pass through to a lower playfield....

It would have to go through shrink ray on the way down.

#4848 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

If I remember correctly, the pro has all the same shots as the upper play field of the premium and le. Only difference is the lower play field. I believe it has the same light show as well.

Correct.

#5011 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When you run a factory as big as Stern and make a product that only appeals to a minute percentage of the population, you better be all business or you wont last very long. Make no mistake about it though, Gary Stern is passionate about pinball.

Why on earth do you think that Stern should have thrown a competitor a bone? That would be the dumbest thing in the world to do.

Thanks for beating me to it!

#5025 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Now, when you say 'helping out your competition would be detrimental'. I only have to reference Microsoft's $150M and Apple, but that would be for another day, another discussion.

Microsoft had self-serving reasons for doing that.....it was not out of the "good of their heart".

#5035 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You can apply that logic to any added features they put in writing. Are they not obligated to include upgraded speakers/side art blades or are those just promises they can break also?

They can indeed. The bottom of the flyer says **Subject to Adjustment**

#5320 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What's the biggest Stern LE run? Star Trek? That was 1000 right? IIRC they sold out, but I guess that number was too big to make reasonable?

799 for Star Trek.

#5353 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Uhhh not so fast.
The reason they are growing and expanding are a couple of things.
JJP came along in 2011 and raised the bar substantially and brought more people like myself back into pinball.

JJP has had zilch to do with Stern's growth. Their roll-out schedule since 2011 is anemic at best.

#5356 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No shit on the roll out because they have F Ed it up with terrible themes and production
It’s the announcement of Woz and a new frontier of tech and LCD video that got things rolling
You obviously weren’t around then

Not being on Pinside doesn't mean not being around the hobby.

If Stern took JJP's LCD screen seriously, they would have had one out before the fall of 2016.

At least we agree with JJP's theme and production issues.

#5359 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, I can’t help you understand the bigger picture Sinestro
You don’t get it. That’s ok

I get it. There's enough JJP fluffery around Pinside to put the porn industry to shame.

#5412 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's not like one single thing made Stern suddenly take off.
A bunch of little things, all added up and created, the Perfect Stern Storm

Agreed. The rise of the barcade comes to mind. Gen-X's reaching a point in their career to be able to afford these things was also part of the perfect storm.

#5473 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

best pro value for money ever

That would be GOTG. Main toy (Groot) uncompromised over Premium. Only two minor changes that affect the ball: spinners and three magnets instead of one.

#5508 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Agree.
[quoted image]

Nah. Physical ball lock/Hammer missing from the Pro.

Groot still eats the balls of GOTG Pro.

#5510 5 years ago

There is no Pro where the two main mechs are uncompromised other than GOTG.

Groot works exactly the same (hands are cosmetic) and the Orb lock with magnet catch works exactly the same as well (opening Orb on top is cosmetic).

On all other Pros, one or both of the main mechs are compromised.

#5688 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They just have to learn to stay out of his parking space (or get punched in the face).
No one can hate a man that has given $20m of his own earnings to help disadvantaged children.
[quoted image]

Can we hate him for calling his daughter a pig and being abusive to his wife?

#5777 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I could give two shits who likes a game or not. They're wrong. The layout sucks and the code can't fix it. Nuff said.

But no one cares what you think.

#6022 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If this were a Lyman code production, I'd buy that hook, line, and sinker. But this is Dwight. He doesn't have a great record of extending and even cleaning up his code. Game of Thrones has serious issues, and Ghostbusters is missing the whole wizard mode in addition to being a buggy mess. So I'd recommend buying with the idea that what's there is most of what will be there in the end.

Some of what you’re complaining about is not Dwight’s fault. It has more to do with how much time Stern gives him to work on it.

It’s not fair to expect every coder to bring it home and work off hours like Lyman. He’s the exception, not the rule.

#6069 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I could handle 3, always liked that film. Plus a mode with evil Superman vs good Superman wouldn't suck. Still 1 and 2 is a must. Zod has to be there.
[quoted image][quoted image]

There is some fun stuff they could do with III. Like when the stop light guy crawled into the go light guy's space and they started fighting. They could do some crazy stuff like that on the LCD screen.

But even if they just use stuff from II, I want Brando's scenes in there from the Donner cut. More Brando=better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 39.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.