(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hot Wheels sized 1/64 Munster Koach does exist.

So does Grandpa Munster's Drag-U-La, which was also very cool. Rob Zombie would probably agree.

Dragula (resized).jpgDragula (resized).jpg
#174 5 years ago

They can use the dragstrip toy from W/B's Corvette pinball machine, LOL.

2 months later
#508 5 years ago

I'm late to the party as always, lol. Could someone please PM me the pics? Thank you in advance!

#577 5 years ago

I suspect these pics are early mock-ups possibly used internally at Stern to discuss preliminary design direction. I do like the cab art with the Munster's Koach. I loved that crazy Barris car design and even had a 1/24 model kit of it when I was a kid. The only thing I'd ask Stern is to put it on both sides of the cab! I want to see it from either side.

3 weeks later
#873 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

ehhmm, I would say Stern hit a grand slam on the Batman 66 topper personally. Time will tell what they do with Star Wars.

Yeah, that's true. I forgot about that one. Excellent topper. I wish you could buy it separately. I don't even have BM66 and I'd like one!

#899 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

A pro....so no lower playfield for you?

No lower playfield, just a big Herman Munster face in its place (ala the first AC/DC Pro), LOL... hopefully Stern doesn't do that. But I could see it.

1 week later
#1069 5 years ago

There's a good Munsters TV show/history documentary that's pretty entertaining on YouTube:

My apologies if anyone has already posted that link, but I didn't remember seeing it in this thread. I wasn't yet born when the Munsters originally aired, but I did watch it and become a fan when I was a kid a decade later. I loved the whole premise, and I still do. I suspect there are lots of old dudes like me out there who dig the Munsters, and some younger people too. The spooky house, the cool Barris custom cars, and the humor all would go towards making a good pin if Stern can pull it off successfully, which I think they can.

3 weeks later
#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

The artwork on the premium model is outstanding. I really dont see any way to improve on it and it fits the theme perfectly.

I agree. I like the different art on both sides, but man... the Munster's Koach car is iconic and I'm going to have to rearrange my gameroom so I can stick that side facing outward into the room (assuming that the production cab follows these designs of course). I even had a 1/24 scale plastic model of the Munster's Koach when I was a kid.

1 month later
#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I posted this in another unrelated thread, but this is where it should go...

I think The Munsters is an Addams Family knock off cash grab trying to masquerade as a Monster Bash remake killer.

That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

But even if so, I think I just might be up for an Addams Family knock off cash grab masquerading as a Monster Bash remake killer.

1 month later
#3149 5 years ago

I'm interested in a premium, but I'm not a fan of black and white. I grew up with a black and white television, and I got news for you... it f*cking sucked. LOL, I'm never going back.

#3173 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why would you need extra flipper buttons to control lower playfield?

You wouldn't need this, but Gottlieb did it with their Haunted House pin. I can't believe Stern would do it as it would add 2 more flipper buttons to their BOM.

1 week later
#3597 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I'm usually a Premium buyer and the B&W may force me to a LE. Hopefully it looks great, maybe I'll get rid of my color tvs!

Think of the money Stern will save on colored inks. That's one cost cutting measure that I never even thought of. Kudos to Stern, B&W for every pin from here on out.

#3652 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

All 3 versions on display Tuesday.
Borg knocked this design out of the stratosphere! When’s the last time a lower pf had a ramp and a wireform ?

Hmmmmm....interesting!!

#3937 5 years ago

YUGE!!!!!!

#4017 5 years ago

Alright.. alright... I prefer the full color as I thought I would, but the B&W is growing on me. I wouldn't kick it out of bed, LOL. Whichever way you go, it's a super fun looking play field. I'm loving what I'm seeing.

#4020 5 years ago

Lower play field balls are smaller.

#4043 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

Is premium B/W?

Yes

#4047 5 years ago

I don't think not having a ball save is the end of the world. TAF doesn't have a ball save, and this seems to be a kindred spirit machine to TAF.

#4244 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

If it's just people wanting any new theme in a shiny cabinet then that's one thing, but where has this previously non-existant Munsters fan club come from?

I always loved The Munsters since I was a kid. I even have a Munster's Koach model. But I never go out of my way to talk about them.

#4311 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I hope the lower playfield has a standard size pinball because I hate the little pinball on the Stewie playfield.

They are smaller than standard. I don't know if they're as small as Stewie's though.

#4561 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I really like the pros cabinet artwork the best.

I really do love that big graphic of the Munster Koach on the Pro's right side. I would rearrange my game room to have that graphic on the end of a row facing outwards so I could enjoy it everytime I was in the game room. I was disappointed the Premium didn't have this same graphic.

#4727 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A third flipper would have been great on this game. It would have been much better than the lower playfield i think.

I dunno. I really love the look of the lower playfield, and with the show having Grandpa's Laboratory in the cellar/basement of their house, it fits perfectly with the theme. However, I'm a lover of mini-playfields, and I understand that's not something every other pinhead digs, so different strokes for different folks. The pro does look like a killer option for those who don't dig the lower playfield. Unfortunately, if you have your heart set on the black and white art, that's a toughy.

#4876 5 years ago

I haven't listened to K's podcast yet, but is this increase in quantity because of a demand of would be Munsters purchasers who want a full color upper and lower playfield who wouldn't be satisfied with a black and white premium?

Personally, I'm eating my words on the black and white. I was very negative on it before I saw it, and after seeing it, I could see myself owning it. It looks great. Every version of this game looks good to me though. I think Franchi knocked it outta the park on all 3.

#5573 5 years ago

AC/DC LE and Premium models have the TNT drops with the single detonator target behind them, so Stern has done this recently. I don't think it would have been too hard to to 4 drops with 3 targets behind them. The Dragula lettering and art on the long monotarget does look cool to me, but man... it's gonna be super easy to hit. I actually don't even think you'd have to try to hit it much at all. It seems like ricocheting balls would simply take care of it for you by chance in most cases.

1 week later
#6307 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Now lets talk about the bad. The bad is going to be bad for some people and not so bad for others. The bad is the code, its very shallow and old school.

I love my Scared Stiff and people say the same about the code on it, but it's going nowhere. I look forward to playing The Munsters. Thanks for the review and enjoy.

#6657 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

was a widebody like AF

TAF is narrow body. It was TZ that was wide body.

#6671 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

If it was $2900 that's about $5200 in today's dollars. So it's equivalent to a Pro price-wise. Correct me if I'm off on the price, though.

Pricewise I think the pro-equivalency of TAF vs MUN Pro is probably correct, buildwise though, I think TAF is more inline with MUN Premium/LE. A conundrum... LOL.

#6711 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Can someone please start an Official coil count thread

200px-Count_von_Count_kneeling (resized).png200px-Count_von_Count_kneeling (resized).png
#6738 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Has anyone else noticed the weird arc shading 2/3 of the screen in a lot of the clips? It's mostly visible in the end of game clips (but not on all of them), but it's in some of the clips in the game, too. I thought maybe it was supposed to be simulated TV glare, but given that it's on clips without the TV in the gameplay part, I don't think that's it. It's pretty obvious and once you see it, you can't unsee it. The area to the left of it is lighter with less contrast in both pictures (and everywhere it appears on clips). Here's two examples...

Very odd, but yeah.. very visible too.

#7109 5 years ago

I've never seen this pic of Eddie Munster (Butch) sitting inside the Dragula before. Cool!

Dragula (resized).jpgDragula (resized).jpg
#7187 5 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Did anyone notice that the Munsters has a series of B&W animations and instructions on the LED screen that shows how to start a game, launch the ball and use the flippers? Did any prior game have this 'intro-to-pinball' sequence?

Iron Maiden has something similar.

#7195 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shit I've owned it and never noticed

I've watched the video. When you're not the 5 time VFW League Champ, you need all the help you can get.

1 week later
#7510 5 years ago

Somewhere, someplace, buried in all this Munsters and pillow discussion, someone claimed that their LE was recently shipped with a lock bar and side rails that had black finishes that were noticeably mismatched in finish texture and/or sheen.

4 weeks later
#8068 5 years ago

This might not be the place to discuss it, but what's up with IPDB.org's rankings? They never seem to change. It's always the classic Williams/Bally's at the top of their rankings. Sterns are way down the list. LOTR is 14, SM is 27, AC/DC Prem is 31 (LE's are way down the list), Tron is 60, ST Pro is 64, MET LE is 79 (Met Prem Monsters is 219!!!). Man, their rating system seems way borked, to the point it's entertaining to look at.

Maybe I should start a separate post, but the ratings of Munsters got me thinking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=rum-z and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.