(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8,181 posts
  • 659 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by guss
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 950 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (1 year ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#445 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

When is Munsters planned release date?

I'd imagine at or before Expo, with drip feed leading up to it.

It will compete directly with MBr. So they're going to want to have as little exclusive air time for CGC as possible.

#571 1 year ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Don't waste your time with that place. Too many hoops to jump through on that closed shop and the entire signup process is degrading in itself.
Here you go.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So ....

The LE has brass trim, 'brass' powder legs, and what looks like a gold coin door. Backglass looks off too.

The Premium has bright purple lockdown bar and rails, black hinges, and anthracite legs. Looks absolutely bizarre.

Neither has lollipop rails.

Both look bad even for renders. Gonna say this is either fake or they won't have those trim options. Also can't see Stern going for a full black and white display. That would put a lot of people off and would be far too big a risk.

If this does come from Stern, it's either an early mock up or they're blowing smoke. More likely, given the mess, it doesn't.

#573 1 year ago
Quoted from Banker:

Finally read many posts , could someone please PM me pictures. Thanks.

Just go and look at last page. They're posted.

#583 1 year ago
Quoted from Monte:

What are you smoking from those coffee shops in Amsterdam? They both look great. The show is in black and white.

It looks like it was mocked up from various assets (genuine or not) in 5 minutes in Photoshop, with a bunch of inconsistencies.

As someone else pointed out, there aren't even any flipper buttons on the LE. Neither have lollipop rails. If this is from Stern and actually real rather than misinformation, you can only take this as vaguely indicative because of how rough it is.

If this looks "great" in the form presented, then Stern better cease their recent cosmetic efforts, as it's a waste of time.

#593 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

These pictures are almost a year-old and mock ups. There are changes.

If genuine, of course. But people are taking these as gospel. They're very obviously very quickly cobbled together in Photoshop.

1 week later
#792 1 year ago

GoT's overall concept and rules are his best work. If art and DMD work hadn't been such a remedial effort, and it had a little more engineering time, it could have been a really top game ... or still could if VE rumours (a la spiderman - new art, new DMD stuff) are true.

But like most of his games, it's still pretty buggy, with a few real nasties.

I own an ST, and even after the minimal update a few months ago, with the 'VE', it's buggy and feels unfinished, even if rules are overall decent.

I'm in no hurry to own another Dwight coded game, as of now. Certainly not until GoT and ST are properly cleaned up, either by him or the new hires.

3 weeks later
#1157 1 year ago

I'd rather they remade SeaWitch with new code and an LCD display than do Beatles. As I suspect would most people in pinball.

That title is to expand the brand, though, which is what I think a lot of people aren't getting.

I don't think it will be particularly attractive to many people in the hobby, nor will that many sell to them.

2 months later
#2605 11 months ago

I can't believe they'd be so inept marketing wise to do the product launch the week before Xmas, especially when they'll be attending CES.

Highly likely they launch at CES.

3 weeks later
#4060 10 months ago

Hmm.

Looks like it shoots well. Certainly way better than Deadpool, GotG, SW, Batman. But on the other hand it looks like yet another minor rejig or variation on their existing multitude of fan layouts.

Prefer the look of Pro pf. Art looks really crammed in (due to big pf window) on the Premium and LE. Not Franchi's greatest work, I don't think. Cabs and translites / backglasses look better, particularly on the black and white premium. I don't think the pf art has been adapted well at all to the lack of colour.

Lower pf looks fun, if very easy. More Stewie Pinball than AC/DC - which I guess is a good thing. Will get old quickly is my guess.

Sound is alright. Think they need to do some work on levels and ducking. Some sound effects drown everything else out and are much louder than others. Would be nice if they had more voice clips than constant generic bangs, crashes and clangs. Appears quite a bit has either been reused from Batman '66, or was collected from the cutting room floor; extremely similar.

TV show footage is fine on the LCD.

Original animations and renders mostly look like absolute arse imo.

Nothing terribly interesting rules wise, by the look of it, but it seems relatively finished.

Probably does well on location, but people sell quickly from home collections.

#4382 10 months ago

I think it's much more likely they'll do colour Premiums than black and white Pros. They'll never give away a USP of the more expensive tiers on a Pro.

IMO the playfields on both the Premium and LE look bad. The borders of the window for the lower pf, where all the art is, look really crammed. Also don't think anywhere near enough effort was made with the black and white. Contrast is so low and it looks like a pretty basic adaptation of the colour version. Cabinet and translite on the other hand do look decent.

IMO the Pro looks easily the best as a total package. Also suspect that it will be the most fun for extended play, since Stewie Pinball 2.0 will probably get pretty aggravating if you have to play it as often as yesterday's stream suggested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside