(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

430 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinmonk. You are on page 1 of 2.
#43 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This is going to be bad ass flying across the LCD screen.

Yep, Munsters had the coolest car.

munsters-car (resized).jpgmunsters-car (resized).jpg

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

AS was good, but not finished yet. Kiss, TF, TAV all took years to get updates and Kiss is still looming. When Lonnie works with others Ala Mustang, code is fair to good.
I've been burnt too many times by the same crap code from him. I'd have no problem discussing it in person with him either.
I see a trend with him and it needs corrected.

Borg has the same problem with layouts for the last 10 years. In a serious rut. Hopefully Elwin's freshness embarrassed him into doing something actually new.

1 week later
#122 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

1. What does that have to do with Lonnie?
2. The code that "made it great/saved it" I believe came out 1 year after release...which seems standard for him.

Lyman's code ultimately made TWD awesome, but he as a track record of super-polishing code over time, while Lonnie has a reputation for mediocre "good enough" software that doesn't get much (any, sometimes) attention from him after release.

1 week later
#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

12.30 am and leaving the office.. Was a truely spectacular day with a lot going on behind the scenes...
Stay tuned!

Where's your Stern outpost, the Arctic? That's awfully bright for 12:30am...

And, how bad is the ant problem there? Gary too cheap to get it sprayed every 60 days so you don't need traps everywhere?

4 weeks later
#210 5 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

My thoughts exactly, but Stern is hit and miss. The passion and talent is there, and Gary of course knows good games sell well, but it just seems like luck of the draw as far as which designer and game gets more software time and BOM money. Munsters has been a theme I’ve wanted for a long time, so I’m hoping for the best!

It's not just software time, but design time for new playfield layouts, too. Borg has recycled and mirrored essentially the same layouts for about 10 years now. That's very little PF design work and a lot of "same-y" pins. He and the other designers need time to actually work on significantly new layouts instead of just reskinning or mirroring existing playfield layouts.

At least Trudeau was always trying new designs at every outing. He had more failures than success as a result, but he was always pushing things and more successfully achieved the "world under glass" ideal more often. If only he wasn't a pedophile...

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Would be nice if it had more than 2 flippers as well.
Seeing Spot the dragon coming out of the stairs would also be a nice touch.

Hah! Great minds think alike. I told Borg that staircase ramp had better have a trap door.

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Ha! My thoughts exactly. Leave It To Beaver is coming up soon.

After Mr. Ed.

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Franchi, Borg and Dwight doing the Munsters by the sounds of it.
Franchi said on TWIP that Borg & Dwight is working with him on his upcoming pin.

GoT rules with Borg action and Franchi art? Sounds pretty great to me. I just PRAY that Borg has really come up with a NEW playfield design instead of another reskin or mirror of his existing designs.

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When expectations are this high..there will always be disappointment. Love the theme, but the designers are screwed...at least on pinside. Let the b1tch1inng begin.

Deadpool's looking like a lame duck.

3 weeks later
#261 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Looks pretty cool to me.

We'll see if it can break out of the Gomez-designed machine low-resale value prison all his machines (except Batman'66, recently) have been in for the last 15 years.

1 week later
#283 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Pretty sure if we go down the list of modern games over the past 15 years that have low resale value, we will touch upon many more than just Gomez games.

Pretty sure my graph would show Gomez has a disproportionate amount of low-resale value pins in the last 15 years compared to other designers. Some went almost straight into the toilet.

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Well, there's a lot of games to put on the graph. I think if all the games that have come down the "Sternpike" are shown with the designer, some people might not want to be reminded that their favorite designer made *that* game.

Every designer is allowed one or two fails in that wide of a timeframe. Gomez has more than one or two - the last 4 he did before Batman'66 were duds, objectively, using the resale marketplace values. The only thing that saved BM'66 is Lyman's software, the whole first year was Gomez clunk. And if you go back to 2000, he had one good design (LotR) and 5 duds (if you count Playboy, I'm not sure where the division of labor was on that). That's a bad record if you're looking at spending a ton of cash to get a new Deadpool.

You need to stop, you're making me want to graph this, and NO ONE WANTS MORE OF MY GRAPHS.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Pretty sure the high resale of LOTR keeps his average respectable.

Nope. You can't spread the merely good resale value of LotR over 5 duds and keep the average resale respectable. And besides, people buy machines, not averages. Do you want to gamble when the odds of getting a good design with decent resale from a Stern Gomez machine are 1 in 5, or 20%?

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Don't forget GOTG too... Now that the the code is getting more polished it really is turning into a great game!

Unfortunately GotG got the stink of a bad game due to poor software and now kind of has X-MEN-itis. XMEN LE is a pretty great game now, but prices never recovered because people only remembered it sucking for so long before they fixed it.

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Only thing that makes LOTR great is Keefer's code and contributions.

Eh, I'd give Gomez credit on LotR, for sure. It's his best-shooting Stern game by a mile. Nothing else he's done at Stern comes close.

#312 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I may be alone, but Transformers is a great shooting game. It gets a bad rap, but it is really fun.

You're pretty close to alone with that assessment, I think. But that doesn't mean you can't like it.

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I am optimistic for Stern with their staff, that Maiden will be the first point in a new trend - of only releasing games that are fully baked. It is the right way to lead and resources are now in place. If I were a hipster, I'd drive my weinnermobile to Chicago and pursue a career at Stern or elsewhere in the pinball field. So Deadpool is complete, right Stern? and Munsters will be complete, right Stern?

Whoops. Deadpool is back to Stern's trend of incomplete games shipping. 0.81 at launch. SURPRISE!

#408 5 years ago

Good to see Stern finally bought the theming clue and has the polished brass coin door matching the polished brass armor on the LE. Who originally leaked the pics accidentally on Facebook? Franchi? Stern? Anyone know?

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Don't see how this is real, as the translite of the LE is exactly the same as the right side of the Premium. Also: coin door anything else than black ?? Come on, its Stern.

LE Coin Door is polished brass. That was surprising. And welcome.

But lack of a Pro picture makes this feel like a KaPow thing, and if so, bend over, here they come again. If it's more KaPow pricing, no way I'm recommending it for the route I help with.

#419 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I know that the coindoor on the pictures is brass. That is what I was referring to: cannot see Stern doing that, even if that would keep it in line with the rest of the metal and the T-Molding.

Like I said, surprising, and welcome. I think they'll do it. It's about time, especially for what they'll likely charge for the LE.

Also, there likely IS a Pro. If you look at the Premium, there's the right edge of a shooter rod on the left side of the Premium pic. Stern displays pins from left to right, Pro to LE in their promo shots. So likely the Pro was in the set before it was chopped up. It just wasn't leaked.

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I also noticed that premium had purple side rails, purple lock down bar, and purple shooter knob but legs and hinges were still black. Don't they usually include legs and hinges as part of their colored powdercoat packages?

Gotta make cuts somewhere to keep the price increase to only $150-$200 more than the last Premium 2 months ago.

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Easy to say when you get sent every leak in pinball.

This one was on facebook briefly, so anyone could have seen it while it was up.

#434 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thinking Munsters LE has got a bit of TAF Gold vibe about it.
Stern are going to have a huge hit with this game as if you own a TAF , how can you not put a Munsters next to it?!

Pricing is the only real question mark. That LE looks very cool, and it's nice to see the coin door has joined the armor theming - finally.

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

When is Munsters planned release date?

October announce at the very least. If Stern messes up a Halloween tie in for THE MUNSTERS, then all is truly lost.

#444 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Maybe they still have a lot of left over gold armor from WWE LE and Guardians LE.

It looks more like polished brass and not that grey poupon mustard-colored WWE LE crap. Hopefully it holds up better than Elvis LE did.

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What was the reason they couldn’t be posted on pinside? Just curious.

Even though it was briefly on facebook (allegedly) and that's public, I guess it was a mistake and Stern doesn't want them posted because of all the deadpool sales they'll lose. <--my guess

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just curious who posted on FB?

Me too. I only was told that's where these came from. Stern PR? Stern mistake? Franchi? Borg? No idea...

EDIT: Kaneda leaked it. No idea why anyone trusted him with the pics unless Stern wanted a leak to slow down CGC MBr.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Ok you win man. PM me for playfield pics of Munsters. And concept pictures of Toy story, Beatles and Elvira 3.

Uh, Wonka pics? That's before Toy Story...you're slipping.

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No Pro?
I bet Premium sides will be identical and one of the 2 sides will be the Pro (if there is one).

You can see a shooter rod on the left side of the Premium pic, so there is a Pro, it just wasn't leaked for some reason. Kaneda can't even leak right.

#479 5 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Please send me pics when you get them, thanks!

If you're a current pinside supporter, you might have an easier time...

#481 5 years ago

Haha! This thread is turning into one of the more successful Pinside membership drives...red hearts popping up all over!

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

If we aren’t being pranked, I hope the red band on the LE disappears. I love the rest of it.

I'm actually cool with the red band. Makes it more coffin-like, which is clearly what they were going for on the LE. As long as it's art and not that crappy red adhesive vinyl they used for BM'66 SLE, I'm down with it.

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Got the pics too, thanks!

Thank Kaneda, if you dare. He apparently leaked them. Maybe he was given them on purpose to leak to slow down CGC. We'll never know.

But both the leaked versions do look good. Now I'm ready to see the PF!

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Pro or perhaps .... they’re planning again SLE with this title huh?

Possible, but unlikely because the pro wouldn't be to the left of the Premium with the machines slanted away and there's definitely a chopped-off pin to the left of the Premium in that premium picture. Maybe Kaneda can get his leaking act together and try again with all of them!

But, the fact that the Pro was left out and only the Prem and LE that compete price-wise with the CGC Monster Bash remake were leaked really makes me think it was a sanctioned "leak" to steal momentum from CGC.

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

I had a look before the pics were removed. Thought the LE version looked fantastic! Must disclose that I have a little theme blindness on this one. Love the Munsters.

If you saw it when it blipped on at Pinside, it should still be in your browser cache to save locally.

#525 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Monster Bash Remake got a new competitor...

Pretty strong contender, but pricing will determine that.

Borg on Design and Dwight on software for Munsters - that's a strong, one-two punch that should finish off contenders. We'll see...

#526 5 years ago

Think if it more as a pre-emptive strike on Monster Bash, which will be revealed any time now, and Stern has zero control over the spacing of its reveal after Deadpool so this is the best diffuser they have available under the circumstances.

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I hope the Munsters has a Woof Woof in it.

Of course! Lonnie was gracious enough to model for it.

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

How about some photos,everyone too chicken to post ?

"chicken" from the non-pinside supporting, anonymous location member? Ironic.

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Munsters and The Adams Family both came out in the mid 60’s i believe. Yes ther was a adams family movie in 1991 but its still about The Adams Family that everyone watched back in the 60’s. If they made a Munsters movie right now would it make you like the pin thats coming out better? There are rumors about a new Munsters TV show coming back out actually.

The last one was TERRIBLE. I hope they do a LOT better if they're trying another Munsters TV show again...

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

And remember to (quietly) thank Kaneda for the pic leak.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's weird that Kaneda went to the trouble to leak it, but then left the pro version out, that was clearly in the original that was chopped up.

And what's "the largest podcast listening base" a few thousand people at most? It's a niche of a niche of a niche. Hardly anything to get to puffed up about.

#563 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Depends what the basis for comparison is I guess.

Williams always used to tout that 3k units per title was breakeven point.

$3k 1990 dollars is about $5700 in 2018 dollars, and Stern is charging $7500ish for mechanically inferior (to B/W build quality) Premiums, so if that was the Williams metric, Stern's break even is probably under 2000 units.

#565 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay. Just curious though what the current sales per titles are.

Aren't we all. No one outside Stern is getting the real numbers so all we can do is estimate sales relative to other titles ("Better than Metallica" or, heaven forbid, "Worse than WWE LE").

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

It would be cool if somehow a staircase opens up for a ball lock. Like how Herman does in the opening credits.

I told Borg if there's no mid-ramp trap door, he's failed.

#610 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Noone wants to see that happen.

No one? As an absolute statement, it's likely wrong (but no, I personally don't want to see that).

#613 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He didn't say no one.
He said Noone.

"No one" is right.
"No-one" is an uncommon variant form. It’s best to stick to the two-word version.
"Noone" is wrong.

So in either case/form the statement is wrong.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

AC/DC, GOT, and SW pros are far from lacking. Some might say they are better players

SW Pro is DEFINITELY lacking. AC/DC Pro is lacking the least. GoT Pro is right in the middle.

#722 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Haha, you must be on of them Li...Never mind, your form CA. Yeah any arm above the the shoulders is a hail hitler to you you. Ridiculous!!!

Heil. HEIL.

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'm not a rich man though. And I'm still debating whether or not I should get a pro or prem for ghostbusters.

No question. Premium on Ghostbusters. Pro is severely lacking.

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

The team on the game is usually a make or break for me. Who is on the team for Munsters, besides Borg?

Munsters team is the second best case scenario. Borg, Franchi, Dwight, and it is a BFD, indeed. Only swapping out Dwight for Lyman could make it perfect. But this is a very, very strong second. I expect great things from this machine, and the leaked cabs are not calming the hype train fuel.

hype_train_Munsters (resized).jpghype_train_Munsters (resized).jpg
#749 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

What is considered Dwight's best coded game? I know he worked with Keith on LotR and TSPP. GoT? GB? T2? STtNG?

GoT is his best so far IMO. But I'm really looking forward to whatever he does with Munsters. SO much potential.

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

My guess is Munsters will have 3 flippers and lacking code - ( i know duh ) on release next month.

They didn't pick the Munsters team at random. They wanted to make a statement. I also think Borg has something to prove after copying or mirroring his playfields for the last 10 years. Munsters is likely to be a very special, new playfield design.

That said, I don't think it will be released next month. I can see it being ANNOUNCED in 6 weeks at expo, but release of the Pros in Nov and Prem in Dec is more likely.

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Alright....cutting to the chase...who really knows if/ when this is coming, and how much? I might bite....

If? Definitely yes.

When? Less certain, but probably announced in Oct and Pros start flowing in November.

#775 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

If you are a fan of Gottlieb Haunted House. Munsters LE/Premium will be your game. Jacked up 2018 style !

hype-train-mega-munsters (resized).jpghype-train-mega-munsters (resized).jpg
#778 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I hope there are no mini playfields.

If it's a riff on Haunted House, you're pissing into the wind.

#780 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

So you’re telling me there’s a chance...

Maybe on the stripped out pro.

#787 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

My potential concern with a Dwight Sullivan code is completeness. This issue obviously isn't unique for his games and his time availability is not ultimately his call, but I understand that both GoT's and GB's code feel unfinished. Not sure as far as SW's. In contrast, although he can take quite a while to finish, you can be confident that a Lyman Sheats code will be complete in the end.

GoT is the most complete, I think. However it does have some pretty major bugs that should have been addressed a year or more ago, if nothing else.

Ghostbusters is his biggest mess remaining.

#795 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

He stated in a recent interview that he's most proud of his SW work.

Until you have the benefit of perspective only time can impart, sometimes to a creator that's too close to a project, it's not clear that work you THINK is your best is not objectively your best.

I agree that GoT is his best work so far. We'll see what time says.

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That escalated quickly.
You should listen to that interview, he actually was very cautious what he was saying.
Of course he is proud that the game is deep, but he aknowledges it's kinda overly convoluted.
He actually says he want's to make a game that is more nearable (is that a word?) like T2 but with depth like GoT or SW for home consumer market.

I'm just saying that it's human nature to give most recent "good" work you've spent the better part of a year working on the benefit of feeling it's "great" when the passage of time will equalize perception to the actual truth. Not a knock on Dwight.

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I love the LE speculation....
Who said it was limited to 500 machines?
About 3 weeks ago a good friend had just been to factory. Although I can't confirm it, only what was told to me. I was told the LE's will be set at 1000.

That's crazy. Iron Maiden has WAY more appeal globally, and they wouldn't even go to 666 (which they would have sold). I can't imagine they'll do 1000 on Munsters. Worldwide demand isn't there.

#817 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I still don't get why they didn't do 666 for maiden. Such a wasted opportunity.

KISS hung around for a long time in stock, WWE LE is STILL overflowing warehouses, and they were afraid of another like that, but given the huge overseas interest in Iron Maiden, anyone with even a passing knowledge knew that they could EASILY sell 666 and it actually made SENSE.

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... could you imagine how cool it would be to get teh 666th one... That be one that people would probably just be looking to flip for money sadly...
And I get it, Sterns reticence. I do... Pinball sales are up finally, but they still pale to what they were in the past.
Only reason there is a thriving pinball industry right now is the insane prices for new pinball machines. Which is a catch 22. As the insane prices make it profitable for the company, but it prevents younger people from getting into the hobby by pricing them out. Which in the long term is bad for the hobby.
I'm not bemoaning the costs of new pins. Just my observation. And again nothing against new pins... With a little bit of luck I might be able to get Munsters NIB at the tail end of their production run. That is provided its both a good playing and good looking game.
I want both Lilly and Marilyn on playfield look glamorous and gorgeous.

I guarantee that if they had done 666 LEs, the 666 one would have gone to the band. But then at least all the LEs could have had "xxx/666 LIMITED EDITION" on each collector plate. "xxx/500" is SUCH a missed opportunity.

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Yeah, and the band might give it away or raffle it for charity. If Clive Burr was still alive that would make a great auction item for his charity that they set up.
So, I think it would only be a matter of time till it got in private hands.

Having the 666th one would be cool, but it was more about getting 666 on every collector plate because there WAS 666. Stern blew it when this pin was clearly a home run and could support 666 no problem.

#828 5 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

I'm in for Munsters, hoping for a hybrid cross of Addams family and monster bash.

I'm hoping for something new from Borg with the three levels of Haunted house.

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

So does anyone know will there be pro models on this one .?, im only seeing prem. And LE pictures .

You can see a bit of the knob for the shooter on the left side of the Premium pic. All three were clearly part of the same picture that was cut up. For some reason Kaneda didn't have the juice to get a Pro picture for his leak. His reputation is clearly overblown.

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Borg has the same problem with layouts for the last 10 years. In a serious rut. Hopefully Elwin's freshness embarrassed him into doing something actually new.

Yep. Borg has been using the same or a mirrored layout for 10 years. Lame.

However, comments about "his next"/Munsters make me hopeful Elwin inspired him to put some effort into it.

#846 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Dude. Did you just quote and agree with yourself?

Hahaha! Not on purpose. I answered a notification that I was quoted and I replied to that. I thought that pinsider sounded awfully rational and level-headed, but I was in the middle of a project and just quick-answered without looking too closely. I wonder why I'd get a notification about my own post?

But you're welcome for the entertainment. Remember to tip your waitress on the way out. I'll be here all week...

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Im getting exited for this one ,
pro would be fine for me

snagglepuss (resized).jpgsnagglepuss (resized).jpg
#852 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

same not a fan of Lonnie code in general

Lonnie is in all the games (he also does low-level system and system menu code re-used by all games), but Munsters is a BFD (Borg (design) - Franchi (art) - Dwight (software) ). An awesome combination. Second best trio you can pull. IMO. I expect great things. Triple BFD hype train on fire!
hype-train-mega-munsters (resized).jpghype-train-mega-munsters (resized).jpg

#875 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

ehhmm, I would say Stern hit a grand slam on the Batman 66 topper personally. Time will tell what they do with Star Wars.

The LOOK of the topper is great, but like most (all?) the Stern toppers it has almost nothing going on in-game. They have the ability to have it DO stuff - quite a bit of stuff, but it's just not integrated into the game well at all.

#893 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Even the car wouldnt be bad as the topper but the mansion would probably be ther best. It has to be one of the two though i think.

I'd love to have the car as the topper if there were a decent scale one available. 1/15th scale is the biggest I've seen and that's only 14". Needs to be more like 24".

#904 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I am not a lower playfield lover as well.... will they offer all three models on day one, or will it be a staggered intro?

If Munsters is truly a play on Haunted house with a more full-featured mini-playfield on the bottom level with full flippers, pop or pops, and drop targets, I'm totally down with that. I just don't want SF2/Congo/ACDC style gimped lower PF.

And actually, I'd be fine if the lower PF was an LCD and they had a devil's crush type pinball with progressive, changing environments like DC had.

#906 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Vireland... I think you might just have something in the lcd idea... So much cool stuff you could do with that idea. I don't think it would fit the Munsters theme, and I doubt stern would be the right company to do something like that first. But, I think a company totally should do that. But, then again I'd love to have more games like Revenge from Mars(never played it. Really want to) and Star Wars Episode 1(really, really enjoy the game I think it gets a bad rap. Its a fun pinball game).

I'd be down with an LCD in the playfield window since it would almost be like a very interactive video mode, and if it was as progressive as Devil's Crush with lots of stuff to work through, it would be great. But I'm not jonesing for more RfM or SWE1. Did not like pinball 2000. Too same-y.

#909 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Now there's a cool rumor
Virtual lower playfield eh ?
Could be wild if correctly integrated
Would upset a lot of purists though.
VLP Would make sense to Stern bom department
Cheap and easy to install/maintain.
4 screws and a couple of cables

I don't think they did it for Munsters, but it would get away from crappy lower playfields. Unfortunately, the level of software quality would have to improve dramatically for it to be cool. But, yeah, Naxat-level Devil's Crush game as the 3rd playfield would be amazing.

#917 5 years ago

I really hope Stern isn't swapping Beatles and Munsters releases. Pretty sure Beatles is a mistake Stern/Kapow will regret.

#920 5 years ago

Nope. mnpinball stated already and has been quote more than 3 times already...Munsters pros shipping in Nov.

Fingers crossed nothing has changed. Two duds in a row would be too much, and I'm hyped for Munsters.

vader-deal-is-bad-idea (resized).jpgvader-deal-is-bad-idea (resized).jpg
#922 5 years ago

Where in the world did you even see that was suggested? You are the first to mention it from what I've been reading on this thread and as well as on the "what's the next Stern game?" thread.

Can't say. Hope it was wrong.

#925 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

What are the Duds in a row... It's been Iron Maiden, and then Deadpool...
Iron Maiden isn't a dud.
And Deadpool looks to be fun... I don't think I'll ever buy one. But, I wouldn't mind playing one.

Beatles would MAKE it two duds in a row. Deadpool is a shallow clunky Gomez special. Beatles I have zero interest in as a pinball machine, and it's Kapow, so it will be bend you over a barrel-time on price. So, yeah, hoping I heard wrong and Munsters is still next.

#926 5 years ago

Deadpool is fun! I like it better than Maiden.

It's all fun in the honeymoon phase. Give it 3-4 months.

#934 5 years ago

How many games have you put on Deadpool and Beatles?

Deadpool - enough to recognize the Gomez clunk. Beatles - zero, but the theme says nothing at all to me for pinball, and some of the other stuff that's rumored about the machine is a big "WTH was Stern thinking with these license restrictions?"

#936 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

What are the Duds in a row... It's been Iron Maiden, and then Deadpool...
Iron Maiden isn't a dud.
And Deadpool looks to be fun... I don't think I'll ever buy one. But, I wouldn't mind playing one.

And just to be clear, Iron Maiden ABSOLUTELY is NOT a dud. Great game.

#941 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So it all comes down to whether you personally like the game or not to determine dud or not? Nothing to do with how fun the game is to others or maybe how many units are sold?

Harley Davidson sold a LOT of pins, and Harley fans love it. It's crap. So, uh, yeah. Number of pins sold (and, BTW, Deadpool is not exactly burning up the presses), and number of people professing love (especially in the first 3-4 months) is ZERO solid indicator of a pin being good.

#942 5 years ago

I heard from a totally reliable source (non Stern employee) that the Munsters is next !!

I pray that your source is 100% correct. I really, really, really want Munsters to be next.

#949 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just like KISS
LOL

No way. I'd have KISS LE again any day over any current flavor of Deadpool. (I'm not great about keeping my collection updated on pinside. Moves too much. I'm a recovering pin addict and have limited myself to max of 2 at any given time, so there's a lot of churn)

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Over 60 new posts thought some real info had finally dropped, 30 of those posts are vireland ragging on Gomez and Deadpool, Vire if your gonna go on a rant I expect a damn graph man

There's some real info in there. I hope it's WRONG info, but pretty solid source in the past, so we may be waiting longer for Munsters and get Kapow Beatles next. That's definitely new. Bleaugh.

And graphing isn't off the table, but it has to be REALLY bad to pull out the data points and make a picture.

#967 5 years ago

If you are wrong, then that would mean that is not real info. Munsters is up NEXT!!!!!!! How many times does mnpinball need to be quoted?

Thank you.

captain-obvious (resized).jpgcaptain-obvious (resized).jpg
#983 5 years ago

This is not a Kapow SLE game so Herman would not be calling anyone.

Kapow's website is super-sad. http://www.kapowpinball.com/home.html

The "about" page isn't about Kapow Pinball, it's about Joe Kaminkow, talking about the 1,500 games that he has intellectual property in. Then on the games page, the only thing shown is Batman'66. Survey is closed and promotion is old. So, uh...yeah.

#985 5 years ago

I'm not sure what you think that means far as Munsters is concerned, but I don't see a relation at all. Munsters is still next !!

I was responding to your mixed post about BM'66 (Kapow) and Herman not giving a phone call (Stern), which reminded me about the Kapow website with the "leave your name and Batman might call" which is still there.

#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Could make for a good topper, it's at the Bradford Exchange.[quoted image]

WAY too small. At a pitiful 11", it would be less than half the width of the backbox. All the Munsters cars I've seen would be too small for a topper of any consequence.

#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

I’m confused.... so it's still a speculation? Or for sure?

100% for sure. Borg (Design), Franchi (Art), Dwight (code). The only potential problem is if they really are pushing Beatles up ahead to release first. We'll know in a couple weeks.

#1016 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well...I'm heading to expo in hopes of seeing/playing this one in some fashion. Would be good if they announced it prior to expo, then we could review/ commit after seeing it.....would certainly bring more to the show, and hype the game more, imho......

If Munsters is indeed THE expo reveal, definitely share pics and video! I'm pretty hyped for this one, especially after the tri-level Haunted House comparison.

But the more I think about it, with Munsters Pro launching AFTER Halloween and Prem/LE in Nov and Dec, the Halloween tie-in becomes less relevant and they might want to get Christmas casual suckers with Beatles, which is (head-scratchingly) aimed for the home market. So the "Beatles next" info I couldn't believe might actually be true.

#1018 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, I hope you're wrong w that...have zero interest in a Beatles pin......

You and me both.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Gonna fly in Friday, and leave Sunday morning...will definitely post any Munsters sightings (please, please)....I'm more excited than I should be for this one, given I haven't even seen the damn thing yet.....it just sounds like the stars could align with this one....

Yeah, Borg seems pretty stoked on this one, which is a great sign, and I actually like both the Prem and LE art Kaneda leaked, even if they have been revised since then. Hoping to see your pics in a couple weeks!

#1024 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Many Bradford Exchange products are nice, but their billing practices are basically a scam (in my personal expierence anyway). My wife and I have been trying to get them to stop sending us stuff we didn’t order for months. Letters, phone calls, etc...junk (and I mean junk that I would never order...like some weirdo three foot tall died black tree) keeps coming.
Deal with the Bradford Exchange at your own peril.

Under US consumer law, if a company sends you something you did not order, it's legally yours to keep at no cost.

Now, if you have a zombie subscription you can't stop, I'd document a few calls, then start counting whatever keeps coming as gifts.

#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

TWIP reporting Beatles may have been moved up in front of Munsters.

crack_addict (resized).jpgcrack_addict (resized).jpg
#1092 5 years ago

You missed Brian Eddy's game. It should be ready as well next year.

Did he miss it?

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

A Podcast said Beatles is going to be a rehashed layout. Which layout?

Spiderman home edition. <--joke, but only a little.

#1133 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

SW was empty because they spent a fortune on the license. Word is Beatles cost 3X that much.
So I guess SW/3= how empty Beatles will be.

And some of the other rumored license restrictions are real head scratchers as to why Stern would even bother. Talk about limiting sales.

Munsters, on the other hand, should be a sales bonanza next year.

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I think I'm looking at the wrong thread - I thought this was the Munsters thread ?
Must have got changed today. Sorry - I'll go look in the Beatles thread and see if the Munsters is there.

divert-munsters-to-beatles.gifdivert-munsters-to-beatles.gif
#1137 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Sales Bonanza will start in November for sure, not counting the very first initial sales late this month soon as they make the announcement. You will see Pro's shipping in November.

I really, really, really hope this is still the timeline for Munsters. Very much want a Premium, and mid 1Q 2019 is a long way from here.

#1148 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I don’t think licensing is expensive.
A while back an industry person here commented on the cost &amp; it was not much.

MUSIC licensing is ridiculously expensive, especially if you want to "buy out" each song so it's not for a particular time AND home vs commercial venue playback is another layer of cost, especially when you're talking Beatles.

#1150 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I hear ya but Stern doesn’t do anything expensive.
So it can’t be expensive
Because if it were
It wouldn’t happen

Mmm....OR they accepted ridiculously restrictive terms to get the cost down. Terms that are insane for a pinball machine.

#1200 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Hope its not Dwight, just not a fan of his code for some reason.

It's a BFD (Borg - Design, Franchi-Art, Dwight-Code lead), so Dwight for sure.

#1209 5 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Apologies if I missed this earlier in the thread. Any speculation on how many flippers it’ll have?

6 Flippers, 6 Pop bumpers, 6 drop targets.

#1215 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Lets see, probably 500 Le units sold. Half go overseas = 250. I would guess at least 50 flippers buying LE's to pump out some change on a quick flip.

I doubt Munsters was popular enough overseas to send half the LEs. I would guess more like 100-150.

#1256 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Yeeah, ok. Guess I already got a monster theme pin with Metallica. Be nice if Munsters go heavy on the 60's stuff and car culture. All that would go so great together. Is this going to be regular release or like BM66 and no pro?

Promo pictures have Pro, Prem, LE. Pricing is still a mystery, but I would assume "normal" (as in $200 bump from Deadpool).

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Spot under the stairs!!! It's a MUST!!!! Would be a bad ass shot to make him roar. There are a TON of things that could be added.

Yeah, looking forward to a "stairs" ramp with a trap door in the middle of it. HAS to be done.

#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It has proven very difficult to replace Fred Gywn as Herman.

It's pretty hard to replace all the main characters. Grandpa is at least as iconic and unique as Herman. Marilyn is about the only one they could put almost anyone in the part. Same thing with The Little Rascals. All the tries at redoing it just fall flat due to a combination of casting, tone, and writing.

#1328 5 years ago

Theres a pin Ive never heard mentioned.

Little Rascals could be a very cool pin. Tons of comedy, lots of great characters. The earliest stuff becomes public domain in just a few years.

#1363 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am going to contact my distro and put our name down today! We sold a machine over the week end so we have a space. Lonnie on code will probably kill the game for us too.

It's a BFD (Borg design, Franchi Art, Dwight code). So, thankfully, no Lonnie.

#1365 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dwight’s track record of Linearbusters, Game of Math, and Math Wars puts me in a solid “wait and play first” category.

Game of Math is undeniably great. Show integration with the Houses and tons of ways to play and paths to the end. Linearbusters I think will get fixed. Math Wars - I'm with you there. Complicated for no good reason. Dwight>Lonnie confirmed.

#1368 5 years ago
Quoted from pin_king:

Can’t imagine that you can get more value (number of interactive toys, high detail playfield figures, ramp count, shaker motor, graphics) than the new MBrLE for the same price. However I wish I’m wrong...

You're essentially getting a Stern Premium for a Pro price. Very competitive.

#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

MBrLe is $5,400?

Can you read? Where did I say the MBrLE? I was clearly comparing CGC's base model to Stern's base model. CGC's base model is similar to a Stern Premium at a Stern Pro price.

#1380 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

2 major events and nothing about Munsters. Oh well, sounds like 2020 or never for this one. Maybe we can get The Three Stooges instead

They're probably trying to squeeze out whatever deadpool sales they can before killing it for good by announcing almost anything else. I don't blame them. When you have a weak hand, you have to play it hard if you're not folding straight out.

#1404 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The word among expo is 4 insects first.

divert-munsters-to-beatles.gifdivert-munsters-to-beatles.gif
#1410 5 years ago

The guy that did a colorization test portfolio for Munsters opening did a great job. I'm not usually down with colorization, but his is really subtle work that looks organic. This would look great for the video clips used in the game.

#1425 5 years ago

They had a color Munsters movie special, but that's it to my knowledge. The series never made the jump to color and never was colorized.

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I love comedy, good comedy that is. Sorry but if you find pinball humor to be "quality comedy" then I really having nothing else to say.

There's some genuinely funny stuff in Houdini. The dude escalating awards, then saying HOLY S***! cracks me up every time. It was so unexpected the first time, but the way he says it is funny or at least humorous every time. I don't want yuk yuk comedy beginning to end, but some occasional comedy or inside jokes are welcome, especially if they're in an out of the way place in the game.

#1453 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Don't worry, no bug infestation for awhile.

You were saying? Looks like Beatles is official today, ahead of Munsters, as was known well over a month ago and I posted about almost exactly a month ago. You need new "sources."

#1470 5 years ago

To be fair, he was really referring to the next Stern game, not contract/Kapow game.

Yeah...sure. He's been saying Munsters before Beatles EVERY time I said that wasn't the order. He was wrong.

#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Give it a month and half and we will hear about Munsters!
That crappy looking filler, boutique machine called Beatles will be a flop!

There was never any doubt. I said similar things as well in the last month.

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Munsters still good - it's coming also..... never mind the side show in between. That Still sounds like noise to me.

"I was wrong over and over, dogging on posts that had it CORRECT, but never mind that fact now that it's proven." At some point you have to realize you ARE the noise.

#1476 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

You were right - congratulations ! That reveal was awesome.

Don't pin the reveal on me just because you were wrong over and over for the last month. I ALSO said (correctly) that it would suck and I had no idea what Stern was thinking.

#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Hopefully pick up Munsters machine before Christmas!

If you want a Pro or Maaaaybe an LE. I don't see them getting Prems out before the end of the year, but it would be a nice surprise.

#1537 5 years ago

Can we please stop perpetuating this low-IQ, non-word? There's no such thing. There's either NEWS, or if it's the opposite, it's misinformation, disinformation, or propaganda or any of a number of other real words.

#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I can honestly say I like the black and white better. Same picture doesn’t look right in colour to me.

The color picture is using goofy extreme coloring on the face so it photographs better in B/W. If they toned the color version of her face down to match the coloring on her arm, for example, it would look much more natural, like that sample opening to the series that dude colorized very naturally.

#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

March will align with the Butch Patrick appearance slated on the Munsters website. Time will tell I guess.....
Meet Munsters Star Butch Patrick in Person:
Mar 22-24 2019
Texas Pinball Festival
Frisco Convention Center - Frisco, Texas
texaspinball.com
Munster Koach &amp; Dragula Tribute Cars Display

If that's the case then Stern will not have 3 Cornerstones in 2018, which would be a big miss. Pretty sure they will announce in 2018 and ship at least the Pro and some LEs this year.

#1576 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Aren't they only making 100 of these... Would hope it wouldn't take that long to sell them all.......

They're making 1,964 of these, 1,614 of which are "Gold" and the rest are Platinum and Diamond. This will not be a rare/desirable machine. Way too many made, and way too underwhelming package.

#1591 5 years ago

At 11" you might as well get a matchbox car. Way too small to put on the backbox.

#1599 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I hope that Stern surprises us with a nice original topper....(personally I think that the Munster Koach it can be a good option, perhaps in front view like the Batmobile)

Full size Koach would be fantastic, but I don't think Stern is that ambitious.

#1657 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This game will be a top seller and probably one of the best Stern full featured games since the Simpson’s Pinball party and POTC. (Premium/LE). Trying to keep the hype train down but this one is rolling full steam ahead. LE will be full Technicolor

hype_train_Munsters (resized).jpghype_train_Munsters (resized).jpg
#1683 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Kiss &amp; GB updates are coming, it’s more a matter of when and what exactly will be in those updates that’s the question.
Within the last 12 months Stern have really stepped up to the plate when it comes to code, we have easily seen them the most dedicated to code and as a result had some of the best code updates in their history.

Because their games have been released with the most unfinished code in Stern's history, mandating updating pins in the field just to get the games to basic completion. Let's be real, Stern should not be congratulated for sucking more.

#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If Borg is on Munsters that only would leave Brian Eddy.
Edit: I'm more for Bill &amp; Ted but I can't afford a new machine anyway at the moment so I'll let you be first.

Wasn't Brian Eddy on Jaws?

#1702 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Jaws itself is not even enough of a rumor to make TWIP rumors, but yes, that is what is 'speculated' here on pinside.

It's still pretty far out, but I expect TWIP will start writing about it by spring.

#1704 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Even if true: Have fun getting your 'Dic blown'.

Mouf.

#1710 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Has Beatles even really been "Announced" officially? I think people just found the images and some unlinked pages on the Beatles store. I don't think Stern would consider it an Announced game yet.

There's a press release, but no pricing on it. So it's what we call "Stern official" around here.

1 week later
#1785 5 years ago

Ruh-roh. Dwight just changed the coming "Gra...???" (likely Grandpa Munster code name) pin to 2019, so apparently Stern is done with cornerstones for 2018 (and fell short of 3 again), unless Bill and Ted is real and next.

1 week later
#1879 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

They think it's a feature needed b/c it's 2018, not 1991. If you're concerned about your data being taken, I would take the computer, tablet, phone or whatever you're using to post on these forums, burn them and hide in a cave.
I applaud stern for ADVANCING pinball and bringing in technology that is utilized in literally everything else and look forward to the obvious add on....real time scoring vs play against friends and online strangers.

I would welcome this if Stern actually had the BASICS under control. You know, launching with functionally complete, well-tested code, etc. Game of Thrones and Ghostbusters still have MAJOR bugs in them, years after release. Most Sterns are still shipped nowhere near to functionally complete.

So, how about we applaud when Stern can walk before welcoming their efforts to skip to running?

#1927 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So let's not advance technology in pinball machines b/c they ship sometimes with incomplete code? I totally get and support what you're saying about Stern revisiting and fixing the bugs but considering this is part of their business model (get tables out and revisit later) - would you rather have incomplete code with no wifi abilities or just incomplete code and no wifi?

Sometimes? It's ALL the time now, every release except Iron Maiden that was a mostly designed game when they got it, and Beatles which has limited code. Stern can't handle the BASICS at this point. Given that reality, they should concentrate on getting that right first, because I guarantee that net code will be a huge, insecure cluster with their current attention to detail.

#1928 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I would also hope that this WiFi ability wouldn’t lead to paid monthly subscriptions that are mandatory for a pin to operate. This would also mean one would have to purchase internet and incur another operating expense on top of all the other expenses and splits associated with operating pins.
I use to operate TouchTunes and TouchTunes would automatically take a 22% cut of the earnings. In addition, I was only allotted a small amount of service credits (10 a month I think) before I was charged a heavy fee for anything over my allotment. TouchTunes also phases out their equipment where an operator can no longer run that particular equipment and it forces the operator to buy new equipment. I no longer operate TouchTunes.
I surely hope pinball manufacturers do not follow TouchTunes lead on this practice.

Touchtunes cut is the music licensing fee that pays for the music. But yeah, Touchtunes sucks compared to other options out there.

#1985 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That was my thought, but when asked I was told Beatles is not selling well.

Fortunately we can at least see how Beatles store is doing with them, and after the first case sold, they've sold zero. For about 3 weeks.

Hopefully this is the death of the action figure case rarity model.

#2144 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Vireland, are you around brother?... any thoughts with the playfield in your POV please

Waiting for the Premium/LE playfield version. Those leaked pics are all Pro, right? Certainly more excited to see Munsters Prem/LE than getting a Monster Bash remake. The wait is agonizing, though!

#2149 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I don’t get the excitement about this one. The layout seems like a Monster Bash rehash. Unpopular opinion: If prices were the same, I’d take a Beatles every time over Munsters. Better theme and more interesting layout.

You're comparing a Premium/LE (Monster Bash) to a Pro Munsters. And Beatles...ugh. Munsters code will destroy the very simple Beatles code. Wait until the Prem/LE pics are out, then make the judgement.

#2227 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I will never understand why people think deeper = better

Because, unlike the 20th century, lots of these are going straight to homes in the 21st century. Shallow games in homes are a death knell for longevity/interest. Exhibit A - Whoa Nelly/Pabst/Beatles.

#2228 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Agreed, I bought this game last week, I think I have just about seen every thing it has to offer, even with the 2.0 rom.
[quoted image]

Joined the Cirqus the first day I had this. Lost interest and sold it. It's a very easy game.

#2232 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Does anyone have a Beatles in home yet? Seems premature to strike the death knell for longevity before the starting gun has fired.

Based on the fact that a couple people almost completed it on show floors playing it for the first time, I would say it's likely not premature.

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Wait, someone rolled the score? WOW.

Rolling the score and completing the available code are two different things, as you clearly must know. I rolled over the Defender vid in the arcade multiple times, but had pretty much seen all the code long before that happened. Same idea with Beatles.

#2238 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Sure, but for most of pinball history score was the primary objective. I've rolled pins and then for extra challenge tried to play a 4 player game and roll all 4. The idea of "seeing everything" is a pretty new pinball phenomenon and doesn't have to be the point.

You are perhaps the last of a dying breed. I salute you.

#2240 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Calling it Munster Bash is just supposed to be light hearted joking while we wait to see the game, actually passing judgement without even seeing a complete package, let alone a video, let alone playing it? What's the point?

The point is pinside and pinside is the point.

#2264 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

How many WOZ, DI have JJP sold..
Say 3000 between the 2.. Arveragd of 9K..
I would say 27MILLION is a lot to a company!

Wasn't ECLE WoZ 1500 units (sold out), and the RR 75th was initially 1500 units and they've gone over that, so that's 3000 right there and it doesn't count the standard stainless rail WoZ JJP made for automated. So JJP is well over 3000 machines just for WoZ. Add in likely 1000-1500 for DI and you're well over 4000, probably closer to 5000. That doesn't even count Hobbit and jjPotC.

#2308 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is not what my very reputable Distro stated earlier in the week......but again, not worth the bandwidth. They will announce when they announce....

Announcing in Dec would let them save face and not miss the 3 cornerstore/year target again. I can see that happening.

#2310 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Save face from who?
IMDN
ACDC Luci vault
ST vault
Supreme
Deadpool
The Beatles
Primus
Seems like a pretty busy year if I'm remembering the 2 vault games correctly. Maybe Luci was last year?

Maiden and Deadpool are the only two cornerstones on that list.

Save face from another public declaration they fail to meet. THEY made the whole cornerstone thing, and were very clear about not counting vaults or contract pins. They've hit it once since they made that declaration. This would be another miss if they don't announce the 3rd one for 2018 to technically fulfill it.

#2313 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yep and business plans never change. Looking at that list they appear to have announced and shipped 6 more titles than All other companies combined. Such a confusing group at times. Why do they rush to get games out incomplete....Why don't they do more titles you can't break a marketing promise... Why so long, why that title... we are a picky group to please. lol

They need to stop talking about cornerstones, then. Why promote it when they literally almost never hit it?

#2315 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Because it keeps You talking about them! lol Marketing 101

Pfft. If I'm their marketing target, they're failing.

Also, I looked it up and initially cornerstones were supposed to be 3 or 4 titles a year separate from contract and boutique pins according to Gary. They've only hit 3 cornerstones twice, and of those literally 70% shipped with substantially unfinished code.

#2354 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not entirely true. There are still long delays for code. Batman 66 has taken years to get close to complete. Kiss just got an update. GB owners keep wondering out loud.

Game of Thrones has had major bugs since release that haven't been addressed.

#2391 5 years ago

Found a Munsters commercial for Cheerios. Don’t remember ever seeing it, but I’d guess it aired.

It's surprising how well the gags hold up. I was watching some episodes last night and they were still pretty funny. One of the episodes was about Herman and Grandpa trying to rig a local election by tampering with the machines remotely. Very 2016 relevant. Season 2, Episode 13 if you want to find it, since the wiki episode guide doesn't mention anything about the election-rigging sub-plot.

#2409 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yes there are many games that get old fast FH CFTBL F14 T3 on the other side of the coin Stern dropped code to make the three multi balls easier because no one can finish the jukebox. For the average player the top rated 90s games are a good depth to keep things interesting. Comparing Whoa Nelly Pabst Beatles to today's games is ridiculous

Well, they were released contemporaneously, so, uh, yeah. Valid to compare their lack of code depth to games that were released literally the same year that are MUCH deeper.

#2417 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

King of diamonds was made the same year as IM it's still ridiculous to compare the two as it's ridiculous to compare a modern game to resent EM remakes

When they're asking modern money for an EM or solid state remake or reskin, it sure is.

1 week later
#2573 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm kinda surprised about the excitement for this theme.

Go watch the shows, they hold up.

#2590 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

so this was speculation?[quoted image]

Given that the "Premium" art from that original leak is now on the Pro, there seem to have been changes. I just hope they didn't make the Premium art suck as they are wont to do.

#2662 5 years ago

Not really. A good pin is a good pin. I hate gore and zombies, and stayed away from TWD as a result of the theme, but then I played it a bunch and turns out I love TWD because the CODE is amazing. The Shadow is a pretty crap license, but one of the best pins available in that 90s era. The theme is a way to market the pin, not to define how good it is as a game.

#2667 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

No one said theme defines how good it plays. Theme does matter though. If not, I guess you would enjoy a pink bunny bedspread.

I don't play a pink bunny bedspread. There are two discrete things - the theme and the game. One can be good without the other. One can be GREAT without the other, in fact. The theme helps, but a bad theme does not portend a bad game.

#2668 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I agree in general, but some games do get affected severely by theme. Buck Hunter and Roller Coaster Tycoon come to mind.

But those are objectively bad games. You're confusing bad games with bad themes. I believe Lyman could make a game at least as good as others he's done recently if he were paired with Borg and they made a new RCT or BBH. In fact, I bet Lyman could make the existing BBH and RCT fun games given the time. The theme is ancillary to how good the game feels to play. Can a good theme make a good pin better? Sure. But it's not the most important thing.

#2670 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I disagree. I find both of those games objectively fun to play and designed well. The themes turn people away. The minority who can look past the themes find them to be bargains. I would say it is you who is posing the subjective argument. You can clearly look past theme, just like me most of the time, but theme can and does kill good pinball machines.

The fact that you say YOU find them fun makes them subjectively fun, not objectively fun. The market says they're objectively bad games. Check out the price history. Good games with bad themes still go for good money. Bad games do not. BBH and RCT are bad games.

#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Kind of wish we were talking about Munsters, but since this has gotten this far off topic, including myself, not sure what else we can conjecture or speculate about... Just hoping they had great access to source material, and it is a great shooter. Theme is a no brainer on Munsters, what with the success of other campy horror pins.

On the Munsters theme, the DVD complete set video quality is WAY WAY better than whatever smudgy vaseline-coated version they're showing on TV currently. Also, the abandoned pilot looks colorized, not like it was shot in color. Was it? Skin color moves around and under the blue makeup. It's weird.

#2678 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Pilot was shot in true color to sell to the studios network but ultimately the show then went to black-and-white for cost savings, And as they say to resemble the Universal movie monster films.

It's just weird that there are a lot of spots where the color seems to move and flesh tones are revealed then disappear. Hermans neck, the right side of Lily's face in profile looks like flesh tone, then when she turns, it's blue. It's strange.

The PRODUCTION VALUES of the actual first episode vis the aborted pilot are also light-years better. The music, the dialogue, the lighting, direction, everything is substantially better. And original Lily and Eddie are terrible, Eddie especially. SO BAD. They definitely got everything right with the changes.

#2691 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

Poor Alice. He don't get no pin respect.

#2807 5 years ago

Dwight is the lead programmer.

AS long as it's not Lonnie, we're golden. Any BFD production is one I'm interested in. I DO wish he'd go back and fix up GoT one of these days, though.

#2961 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Lets have a guess on code
My guess is 0.98
There has been a long grace for this team
So guessing code will be up there

It's Dwight. Star Wars pretty incomplete at launch. Ghostbusters pretty seriously broken for 2 years. I'm generously estimating 0.84, so Dwight, whatever state the code is in, call it at least 0.85 to make sure I'm wrong.

#2965 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Star Wars was absolutely not incomplete at launch. It was pretty much done. I owned GOT, GB and SW. Dwight has been one of the best coders to have a complete game at launch recently. Seriously dude this is just classic VWhining.

There was a LOT not right with Star Wars at launch. TWO MONTHS after launch, ONE update fixed and added all this:

Fixed:
- When the last mission to complete was started, the video introduction and
instructions were being skipped. This has been corrected.
- Fixed the name of the Adjustment to change the power for the 'RIGHT' Eject
kick-out.
- The spinner holo display effect was broken in V0.89. It now animates
properly.
- If a higher priority holo display effect was being displayed, each spinner
hit would extend its display time. This has been fixed.
- Fixed the fork ramp driver to properly move in both directions as needed.
- Fixed the fork ramp test to use the in-game driver.
- Fixed R2-D2 tag line in instant info.
- Fixed the interaction of the fork ramp and left inner loop awards. You will
no longer be able to complete left inner loop awards by shooting the right
inner loop or dribbling the ball over the ramp.
- Fixed the default number of balls available in Hyperspace Multiball.
- Fixed how and when the balls exit from the Accelerator during Hyperspace
Multiball.
- Fixed how the Accelerator exits the ball when lighting Death Star Missions.
- The right EOS switch will no longer report to be bad when it's not.
- The music for the mission Escape from Cloud City will no longer go silent.
- The orbit test will no longer make a sound as a ball goes around the orbit.
- Fixed how Victory Multiball handles grace period. If you Add-A-Ball in the
grace of two Victory Multiballs running at the same time they will now both
restart correctly.
- All timers will now pause during Boba Fett awards and total screens.
- Fixed when "Jedi Multiball Ready"starts. It now waits for multiball
grace periods in order to prevent resurrecting a multiball.
- The 3-bank skill shot arrows were not visible if you were in the middle
of "Fight the TIE fighters" mission. This has been corrected.
- The Accelerator test now reports the correct number of balls in the system.
- "Escape from Boba Fett" no longer starts with other modes if the final
shot to start Boba Fett is the same shot that starts a mission.
- Fixed the sudden jump in Jackpot value for Hyperspace Multiball. The value
will now grow as designed."
- Changing the "Choose Your Path" option will no longer kill the "Shoot Again"
sound effect.
- The small display no longer shows the incorrect background after MATCH.
- If Escape from Boba Fett and Death Star Missions are both lit and its the
last shot to start Escape from Boba Fett, then the ball will correctly be
retained by the accelerator and then be released when the start display
effect ends. Also the missions prompt will not start.
- Fixed some confusion at the end of Hyperspace multiball and Death Star
missions are lit. If you quickly shoot the left ramp the ball will now be
retained and you will be prompted to choose a mission.
- Attract mode no longer shows the incorrect data for REPLAY LEVEL 4, if
enabled.
- If REPLAY LEVELS adjustment is set for anything but 1 or 4, and you use the
left flipper to navigate backwards during attract, the wrong background clip
is displayed when showing replay level 2 or 3. This has been corrected.
- Instant Info HSTD #2 wasn't displaying the initials.
- Attract mode video clips and speech will no longer step on each other.
- Sometimes the theme music was not in sync with the intro video during
attract mode.
- Holotext effects were sometimes not displaying when collecting BONUS HOLD
and +X BONUS MULTIPLIERS.
- BONUS HOLD was carrying over some bonus scoring it shouldn't have.

New:
- Added instructions on the small lcd during mission start.
- Added "Navigate the Asteroid Field" Video Mode:
- You can play it two ways. You can choose the Hoth I mission. Also
you can light it by completing the FORCE drop targets 3 times.
- During the video mode:
- Use the left and right flipper buttons to move the Falcon
left and right.
- Use the action button to go faster for a short time.
- Avoid hitting Asteroids
- You receive points from passing asteroids and from your
best streak of asteroids without hitting one.
- Your Level and shot multiplier will also affect your scoring.
- There is a video mode champion
- Only Leia and Han can play the HOTH I mission.
- Added "Light Saber Duel":
- It will light when you complete the 5th set of FORCE targets
- Lightsaber Duel Ready will automatically start when you have it lit
and nothing else is running.
- Shoot the left ramp to then start Lightsaber Duel.
- During the mode:
- The object is to delay Vader while your friends escape
- Blue shots (both inner loop shots and right ramp) will help
your friends escape.
- Red Shots (Left ramp and 3-bank) will increase your time.
- The mode ends if the time runs out.
- The four character inserts (Han, Leia, R2-D2, and Luke) will
show your progress.
- The FORCE bank will increase the award values
- Regular FORCE bank rules are suspended during this
- The mode will only end when you complete all the blue shots or the
time runs out.
- The mode will continue at the start of the next ball if it was not
finished by either method.
- Added a CHOOSE YOUR PATH item for all characters allowing you to max
out your timer at the start of a new ball.
- Added a x-wing shooting type sound on the button during TIE fighter assault
- Added BONUS HOLD message during end of ball bonus.
- Added adjustment to disable any adult speech.
- Added Pop bumper lamp effects.

Tweaked:
- Improved some confusion when the multiplier was toggled on or off.
- Lowered the default score needed to beat the bonus champion
- The behavior of the gate is now improved.
- Moved Spinner and timer sounds to different tracks so they would not
interfere with each other.
- Improved the Single post and Fork ramp logic in the inner loop.
- Improved how the fork ramp stops. It will now stop quicker when needed.
- Reduced how long the fork ramp stays in the half up position waiting for
the ball to exit the accelerator.
- Tweaked the attract movie clips
- Cleaned up how the accelerator is handled during Hyperspace Hurry up and
Hyperspace Multiball
- Tweaked the volume of some tunes
- Changed the tune for Endor II - Throne Room Duel
- Changed the order of instant info. Moved more ball relevant data closer to
the top.
- Increased the scoring for Tatooine II - Escape from Mos Eisley.
- Increased the scoring for Tatooine III - The Rancor
- Changed 3-Bank skill shot to only be one shot that moves
- Added the shaker motor to the Match choreography.
- Added sounds to 10 point switches
- Added the Escape light to the lights that are not hidden during Escape from
Boba Fett. You can now see if you have Escape lit during that mode.
- Shortened how long the game holds the ball to show the player their Boba
Fett Total.
- Callouts in Death Star I are less repetitive.
- Attract mode no longer plays video clips while game over music is playing.
- The list of champions in the attract mode are now all on separate pages.
You can now use the flipper buttons to move to the one of interest quickly.
- Reordered CHAMPION adjustments to match attract mode and Instant Info.
- Completing a Jedi Rank will now spot a set of FORCE targets.
- Time of day during attract mode no longer uses an abbreviated name of the
month.
- Changed the color of combo shots from Mauve to Cyan.
- Canceling Bonus with the flippers now kills the sound from scene.

----------------------------------------------

Then two more months later, all this was fixed/added:

Moved to System 1.88:
- Reworked boot time displays for node board firmware update and locating node
boards.
- Added boot time display for overcurrent detected (shorted coil or LED) on
node boards.
- Added support for dynamic detection and isolation of overcurrent coils or
LEDs. Previous behavior would disable all coils and LEDs for 1/2 second each
time a short was detected. New behavior will determine the short coil and/or
LED and disable only the offender.
- Added tech alert for overcurrent coils and LEDs on node boards. New
diagnostic test to retest node board and report with coils/LEDs are drawing
too much current. Excessive current draw could be the result of a shorted
coil, an incorrect replacement LED/incandescent bulb, shorted light socket,
et cetera.
- Every 15 minutes during attract mode overcurrent coils/led will be rechecked
and returned to service if operating correctly.
- Added adjustment for "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Renamed "BACKBOX BRIGHTNESS" to "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"

Fixed:
- FORCE targets will no longer play a sound effect when reset during game over
or ball search.
- MYSTERY, PICTOPOPS and SKILL SHOT were sometimes awarding LIGHT ESCAPE
when it couldn't be lit.
- The center instruction display panel, during main play, will now indicate
when FORCE targets will award LIGHT VIDEO MODE correctly.
- TIE FIGHTER ASSAULT now shows exploding TIEs immediately.
- JEDI TRAINING now resets when selecting a new hero.
- The CHOOSE YOUR PATH prompt will now be seen during LIGHTSABER DUEL READY
- Corrected PICTOPOPS to only award ADD TIME when a timed or hurry up
mode is running.
- You can no longer start TIE FIGHTER MULTIBALL while it is already running.
- During JEDI MULTIBALL victory celebration, the ADD-A-BALL function was
still enabled even though it would be lost if used. This has been fixed.
- START MISSION as LUKE with multiple groups lit was displaying the wrong
image for DEATHSTAR III: FIGHT TIE FIGHTERS.
- CHOOSE YOUR PATH was offering HYPERSPACE HURRYUP when it wasn't playable.
- Sometimes the "NEXT AWARD" shown on the small display for TIE
achievement levels was not correct.
- The HEADPHONE CABLE KIT DETECT switch during ACTIVE SWITCH TEST was
overlapping the switch information.
- The shot multiplier was always 1X when playing VIDEO MODE from HOTH I.
It now uses the RIGHT INNER LOOP's multiplier correctly.
- If LIGHTSABER DUEL was played multiple times, only the most recent victory
or defeat was used to qualify towards JEDI MULTIBALL. Now any LIGHTSABER
DUEL victory will qualify.
- Very long tournament player names displayed during attract mode were being
truncated.
- Greatly improved process stability. The game will no longer hold on to the
ball when it should not. Also the some of the mechanical devices will be
better behaved. Also the screen should no longer freeze during TIE Fighter
Assault.
- Improved lamp effect resource allocation. The game will no longer crash from
missing resources.
- Sometimes Slave One would appear to be stuck or reappear too quickly on the
background display.

New:
- Added a right eject ball save adjustment. If the adjustment is non-zero, the
ball saver will activate for the amount of time of the adjustment whenever
balls are ejected from the scoop. The factory default is zero. If you want
to turn on 5 seconds is recommended.
- Added sound fx to Advanced TIE reveals in the small display.
- Added lamp effect when hitting FORCE targets.
- Added lamp effects when ESCAPE is lit or used.
- Added speech callouts when players are awarded some of the HSTD champions.
- Added instructional speech for FORCE target awards except when in
tournament mode.
- Added audits for extra balls lit from TIE Fighter achievements and from the
Advance TIE mini game.
- Added speech for
- TIE FIGHTER MULTIBALL SUPER JACKPOT
- VICTORY MULTIBALL
- EXTRA BALL LIT
- ESCAPE FROM BOBA FETT
- Lighting missions
- Shot Multipliers are DOUBLED
- During TIE FIGHTER ASSAULT
- The hurry up stages of DUEL ON CLOUD CITY and CLOUD CITY ESCAPE
- The hurry up stages of REPAIR THE HYPERDRIVE and TIE FIGHTER ESCAPE
- Lighting MYSTERY.
- Starting HYPERSPACE MULTIBALL.
- Added difficulty adjustments for JEDI TRAINING, LIGHTSABER DUEL
and ESCAPE FROM BOBA FETT.
- Added all difficulty adjustments to INSTALL functions
(INSTALL EASY, INSTALL 3 BALL, etc.)
- Added new rules and choreography to BATTLE ABOVE ENDOR:
- To destroy the Death Star you need to first light the inner left
loop.
- To light the inner left loop you have to complete 3 other shots
before the timer runs out.
- Each shot will start a timer for the next shot.
- The 3 bank will add time. The center target will add the most time.
- If the timer runs out the Death Star will destroy a Capital ship and
the mission will reset. You will need to complete 3 shots once more.
- Once the inner left loop is lit, shoot it to destroy the death star.
- Destroying the Death Star will take you to Victory Multiball.
- Added new rules and choreography to ESCAPE FROM HOTH. To complete this
mission you have to fire ion cannons so your transports can escape. Also you
need to destroy an AT-AT. Afterward you will be able to get to the Falcon
and "Punch it":
- The spinner and pop-bumpers will build your award value. Shoot the
left orbit 3 times to fire an ion cannon. Then the 3-bank will
collect the last award of this part.
- Afterward the 3-bank will continue to increase the award value.
- Shoot the inner loop 4 times to wrap your tow cable around the legs
of an AT-AT to bring it down.
- Last two ramp shots are needed to light the final HOTH shot.
- Shooting the final shot will allow Han and friends to escape from
Darth Vader and start Victory Multiball.
- Added new perk for playing Leia. Your shot multiplier is now +3X if you
are playing as Leia and you are playing in a 4th Mission multiball.
- Added compensation to the FORCE DROP TARGET BANK. If the DISABLE LEFT DROP
TARGETS adjustment is set to YES, then the game will spot a FORCE target
when any of the 9 standup targets are hit. The skill shot on the FORCE
TARGETS will also be disabled.
- Added new rules and choreography for ESCAPE FROM TATOOINE.
- Shoot the alternating shots of left ramp and right inner loop to
progress the story of Luke getting to the yacht, retrieving Leia,
and exploding Jaba's Yacht.
- There 9 parts to the story.
- Along the way the 3 bank, right ramp, and right eject will increase
your award value.
- So you have a choice of going straight for the end or trying to
maximize your scoring potential.
- Completing the 9 shots will start Victory Multiball
- Added a Perk for playing Han during ESCAPE FROM BOBA FETT. If you are
playing Han during, each leg of the gauntlet will have higher base value.
- Added a Perk for playing Luke during LIGHT SABER DUEL. If you are
playing Luke during your base award value will be greater.

Tweaked:
- Shortened the time that the "ENTER YOUR INITIALS" display is on the screen
when achieving high scores or champions.
- Adjusted "ball in play" display alignment when language is FRENCH or
ITALIAN.
- Removed the lamp effect game start that showed hyperspace hurry-up is lit.
- Changed the default master volume to 18
- The Adjustment that allows movie clips in the attract mode to play sounds
now defaults to NO. IF YOU WANT THESE CLIPS TO PLAY SOUND USE THIS
ADJUSTMENT.
- The Adjustment that allows the Opening Text Scroll in the attract mode to
play sounds now defaults to NO. IF YOU THE TEXT SCROLL TO PLAY MUSIC USE
THIS ADJUSTMENT.
- Improved the HYPERSPACE HURRYUP and VICTORY MULTIBALL JACKPOT award
animations
- The ball in play and shot multiplier are no longer displayed during MATCH.
- Corrected the order of some lamp sweeps
- Added a setting for the Mission stacking adjustment. Default is now 4th
missions do not stack with other missions.
- Improved the single post behavior in some edge cases.
- HYPERSPACE MULTIBALL's parsec display corrected to 3 decimal digits of
precision.
- All GI strings are now lit during test mode.
- The coin door GI was turning off and back on. This has been corrected.
- Reordered TEST MENU FEATURE AUDITS into logical groupings.
- Tweaked TIE FIGHTER MULTIBALL JACKPOT and SUPER JACKPOT sound effect
priorities.
- The deprecated BILL VALIDATOR adjustment has been removed.
- Enhanced the TIE FIGHTER MULTIBALL SUPER JACKPOT display effect.
- Removed the Adjustment Reduce intense lamp effects
- Removed sound attenuation settings from French overrides.
- During HYPERSPACE MULTIBALL, the PARSECS display will only increase while
balls are active on the playfield.
- The top lane inserts weren't visible during certain modes. They now light
up on a timer when the ball is in the area.
- If ESCAPE is lit and the ball misses the gate for some reason, the ball
is now returned to the player.
- Added Darth breathing effects to TIE FIGHTER MULTIBALL during SUPER JACKPOT.
- Tweaked the VIDEO MODE collision lamp effects.
- Adjusted the diagnostic values of some lamps, coils, and switches to match
the manual.
- Added time to DESTROY THE DEATHSTAR shot timer. This will make the mission a
bit easier to complete and destroy the Death Star
- Increased the ball save timer for all the multiballs by at least 5 seconds
each. For most of them this means they will be 15 seconds now by default
instead of 10.
- While HYPERSPACE HURRY UP was running, the left orbit and right ramp arrows
were solid yellow. They now cycle thru any other running mode's colors.
- Tweaked the timing of some speech calls to more better hear them.

That's not a complete launch game. Those were not simple housekeeping changes, but essentially continued testing and development of an incomplete but launched game.

Dwight's Ghostbusters is still pretty broken 2 years on. Game of Thrones has serious bugs two years later, still. I love Dwight and am excited for this BFD Munsters release, but let's be HONEST about his record of code at launch in the modern Stern era. It's not super-great.

#2972 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Also keep in mind that was only two months after launch. Batman took two years. Two months....

Two months to the FIRST giant update to fix the code. Another 2.5 months to the second, almost 5 months until the code was in the shape it should have been in at launch.

Quoted from kermit24:

Did you really just copy and paste the release notes? Dude. Way over dramatic.
How many of these have you owned / played extensively? You are a serious keyboard commando here. Way over the top vireland

Most of them. I help with a route where we get the vast majority of Sterns, at least for a while. The rest I play plenty, certainly enough to form coherent and valid opinions.

That was only TWO of the updates, not all the release notes (which probably double that list). Yeah, posting the EXTENSIVE list of changes from only TWO updates that happened WELL AFTER LAUNCH from the release notes was dramatic, but given that you were saying "Star Wars was absolutely not incomplete at launch," it was an pretty effective way to demonstrate which statement was right, and which was dead.

And it's "overly dramatic."

#2973 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ha! No offense taken. But BS needs to be called out. It’s getting old. Dwight works his ass off to make awesome code shortly after a game is released. @xaqery has even chimed in recently so he is listening. Constructive criticism is all good but the whining gets old fast.

Ghostbusters code is not awesome.

Game of Thrones code is broken in a number of ways.

I love Dwight's way of thinking in crafting code (GoT is one of my favorite pins), but take off the beer goggles. He has room to improve.

The End.

#2980 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It was great at launch.

Your opinion is noted.

#2982 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thank you sir.

Well, let's not get carried away with the terms of formality for a Hamburger Helper'n beer guy.

#3092 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

That would be a great B-Day present for me.

Great, thanks for jinxing it. Now it's definitely not happening!

#3183 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well, if Prem is Black and White... I might be out on this one...Glad I got my Monster Bash LE coming in a few weeks...
My issue is I really don't like the 3 tiered model system. I think if Stern wants to continue with this model. Then let me swap and choose the art packages I want. The Iron Maiden Prem looked good... But, only represented one album era of the band on the cab and translite... And the topper is really cool, but contrasts the Prem art package.
I think as I stated before the art package for Pro was best... But, if you buy a Pro you're missing features and sometimes even modes.
I don't want a Munsters Pro, as I want the full game... But, I cannot afford to buy a freaking LE every single game.
It's really silly and I think its a disservice to the majority of the pinball community.
My reason for not wanting a black and white is it'll get old, and I doubt the playfield will pop. Centaur pops, because it was designed to be in black and white first and foremost, but also the artist used some reds.
What they will be doing for the munsters is taking what was done and meant to be color and converting it to black and white... And that is not how it should be done ever. That is not how they filmed black and white movies, and television shows. They knew what color looked better. Like I believe for the superman black and white serial, they used a brown suit, as it photographed better.
Just a silly rumor for now... But, I hope its not true.

They'd be better off doing color Premiums and then splitting the LEs into a B/W version and a color version, like they did offering 2 LEs on AC/DC with the Let There Be Rock and Back in Black LEs.

LE "Herman" could be color and LE "Grandpa" could be B/W with art changes to match the cabinet themes. Whatever they do, it would be funny if they threw in a Pilot-only Happy version of Eddie grousing and shouting when something bad happens.

#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Beatles Gold is not a 'Pro' that is effectively a stripped down version of the "LE/Premium".
It's an identical playfield.

Let's be honest, all flavors of Beatles are essentially Pros.

#3285 5 years ago

FYI, you can insert an animated gif by selecting "original size (no rescaling)" from the dropdown menu before you attach the picture when you post, so it doesn't process the graphic, removing the animation.
Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gifAl-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif

#3295 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I blame you vireland

It doesn't get real until I pull out a graph to show the uptick in animated gifs since I mentioned that tip. Don't make me do it.

#3315 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

(I love MUN, and hoped someone would say it!)

Ha! Points pretty directly to a dirty connotation in Japanese since MUNko is, um, inappropriate.

#3329 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You sure you're not meaning 'manko'?

Maybe. Never seen it in print. Only heard it in Japan a few times. Once I confused someone saying he wanted to eat noodles with proudly announcing he wanted to eat...something else. Or the time I confused asadachimasu with itadakimasu. That was...interesting. Fortunately it was a casual situation.

#3351 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't really know the Munsters show but isn't Herman a good guy? Are there any villains or antagonists in the show that would serve as good bash toys or is it more of a sitcom? It doesn't really make sense to bash someone that's a good guy but I guess they did it with Optimus Prime in Transformers so I wouldn't rule it out.

He's a good guy, but misunderstood by the majority of the public that comes in contact with him. That works in the context of a bash toy.

#3432 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The color wheels were the proposed CBS system but it was ditched because it was huge and would have required a higher framerate.

Plus, it wasn't really affordable. $150 then is like $1200 now. Who would put that monster on their set when you could get a glorious 23" color set for about $300.

#3467 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

What about centaur people? Everyone goes nuts for that black and white playfield. It’s one of the most expensive repro playfields on the aftermarket.

That's somewhat different because it's not a grayscale version of color art, but essential a pen and ink with bold blacks offset with whites. That Twilight Zone one is essentially grayscale art, which is not the same thing. I assume if they did it Munsters would be similar and not specifically drawn pen and ink art. I do not want grayscale B&W, unless it's on the cabinet like on the leaked LE "casket" version. Playfield is a no.

#3510 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Easy solution: release a color version and a black and white version for all trim levels. That way you don’t alienate a potential buyer and give everyone the option to pick their color option. I personally haven’t seen the final art package yet, but definitely looking forward to the reveal.

That'll never happen - too much inventory to manage. But I really think an AC/DC LE-type split (LTBR / BiBLE) with a Herman LE in color and a Grandpa LE in B/W is the best way to go. I can't believe they'd do all the Premium playfields in B/W because it will turn a LOT of buyers off.

#3553 5 years ago

Do we have an estimated start time for this stream? 10pm LV time is midnite east coast. Changing into my jammies.

Well that CES event today is 5pm-8:30pm PST. I would assume between those hours since they want to leverage that event for the press there.

#3563 5 years ago

That would have meant a start already. If they stream immediately following those hours, it would put stream at 1130pm, so 3 more hours to wait .... my guess is Munsters pro will be shown.

They don't have to start the stream with the CES event start, but I would expect they start sometime DURING it. Streaming starting at 11:30pm for East coasters makes no sense. Something like 6-7pm PST, which is 9-10pm EST makes a lot more sense.

#3567 5 years ago

Man, give that guy a clue about turning his phone sideways to shoot in widescreen. These vertical videos are so annoying. Huge waste of screen real estate.

#3569 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Yeah, this event is at a different place than the normal CES show floor, so their full setup isn't there, just what they want to show (aka the sales-dog Beatles).

#3581 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

We need the Munsters Words:
At The Munsters (Theme Song With Words)
When you are walking down the street at night
And behind you there's no one in view.
But you hear mysterious feet at night,
Then the Munsters are following you.
If you should meet this strange family
Just forget what some people have said,
The Munsters may shake your hand clammily
But they're not necessarily dead.
Behind their house you mustn't be afraid
To see a figure digging with a spade.
Perhaps someone didn't quite make the grade
With the Munsters, with the Munsters.
If when you're sleeping you dream a lot,
Ghoulish nightmares parade through your head,
And then you wake up and scream a lot,
Oh the Munsters are under your bed.
At midnight if creatures should prowl about,
And if vampires and vultures swoop down.
And werewolves and fiends shriek and howl about,
Oh the Munsters are out on the town.
One night I dared peak through their window screen,
My hair turned white at such a crazy scene.
Because every evening its Halloween
At the Munsters, at the Munsters.

I'm not wild about any of the vocal versions, but I like this one with adult singing rather than the one with the kids:

#3600 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Nah, next step is "Theme your Own Pin". "Oh you think you can come up with a better theme than us? Here you go" Just bare wood and a box of crayons. Unleash your imagination!

You laugh, but their Bird Box pin is just smoked glass on a cabinet with nothing inside but a shaker motor. You imagine what's happening. Their biggest cost savings yet.

#3606 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Kinda surprised at how negative the reactions are already to something nobody has seen. The hype is there for the gameplay, and you haven't seen that either, so why the leap to negative?

How many times has Stern EXCEEDED expectations in the modern era?

There's your answer.

#3612 5 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Were you not around when Iron Maiden was released?

A> That was substantially developed outside Stern.
B> That was one of less than a handful of times I can think of.

I didn't say they NEVER exceeded expectations, but implied that they RARELY exceed expectations, which is true. They are not a try-hard company when it comes to impressing. Increasing profits is clearly their #1 focus.

#3617 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When it comes to the art? I'd argue plenty of times, clearly they've stepped their art game up in the past few years.
Even the 'boring' Stern releases look good these days, no?

The art is where it should be or less. I would say in general it's satisfactory, but that's what is EXPECTED for the games they're doing. The only time recently I was very impressed and they exceeded my expectation was the Batman '66 SLE cabinet art with the foil and raised areas. That is VERY impressive "above-and-beyond" work when seen in person. But then that goodwill went right in the toilet when they didn't even make enough to cover WARRANTY issues with the cabinet and sent me a non-foiled coil door art to fix bunching and delaminating around the shooter plate. $15k machine warranty is no better than their $5k machines.

#3627 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Then what do the Pro buyers get, a game with no playfield at all?

Pro - No toys but color
Premium - No color but toys.

Choose.

#3661 5 years ago

Black and White playfield AND cabinet? I dunno...might wait for the Munsters Monsters re-do. If it's grayscaled color art, I'm out.

#3673 5 years ago
hype-train-black-white-munsters (resized).jpghype-train-black-white-munsters (resized).jpg
#3678 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

excellent...but you MUST add a graph of sorts to pull it all together!!!!

Meh. Let's hold our horses until we see if it's grayscale art or actually black vector art, then we can chart sales.

BTW, Beatles store has sold 0 Gold machines in the last almost 6 weeks, but they're still trying to get some buzz at CES. Unfortunately the buzz they need is $2000 below where they are.

#3749 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Can you put this in layman’s terms for us non artist types.

Vector art has clean lines and is essentially a chain of shapes filled with a solid color. Process art is an image made of dots separated out into C,M,Y,K (Basically Blue, Red, Yellow, Black) and those layers of dots make the colors and shapes. If they made vector art, then the lines will be clean and bold and it could look pretty boss. However, if they just drained the color from a CMYK color process art, it will look muddy and indistinct compared to how art specifically made for vector would look.

#3754 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Watch "Michael Jackson - Black Or White (Shortened Version)" on YouTube
Game looks fantastic in ALL versions. I'm particularly fond of the LE cabinet however all 3 models look and play great. This will be a huge hit for Stern.

So is it vector or just grayscale art?

#3763 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Was the original show Vector art or Grayscale??!!

The original show was video, which is apples and oranges to drawn, screened, or vectorized art.

#3768 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The original show was film, not video.

The point still stands. Apples to oranges.

#3773 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Did anybody notice the topper? Probably old news eh?[quoted image]

That's the Beatles topper. You can tell it's the Beatles because you can kind of make out the heads, and you have Ringo's bass drum white circle on the backglass.

#4065 5 years ago

That setup could have used some invisiglass. The reflection from that column and ball above the booth ruins visibility on the middle of the playfield in the stream. NO ONE there noticed that at setup?

#4073 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Jack just needs a portable black canopy he can put up over games with bad lighting when he's on location. The Multimorphic guys do that for their overhead cams at a lot of shows.

Or just pull the one you're livestreaming AWAY FROM THE COLUMN. 3 feet would probably be plenty.

And the laughtrack frequency needs to be turned down. It's very annoying.

#4096 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think they all look great but I am LOVING the B&amp;W version the most. It looks clean &amp; classy, true to the license, and I like how the color splashes come from the LED lighting vs. the "artificial color" of the color versions. I think the art of the characters &amp; composition of the translite/cab are the best of the bunch.
Good reveal!

Yep. I'll eat crow here and say the B&W version looks really good, even though it's grayscale. The judicious use of color really amplifies the impact. The Pro looks garish by comparison, which is surprising.

They put a Jack Danger flipper code video in the game? A little much, especially since he essentially has nothing to say except, "hey, I'm in here!"

#4099 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

They were playing an LE isnt that supposed to have the Stern version of invis-glass?

They forgot to put anti-reflective glass on grandpa's lab, but even the main PF glass isn't reducing the glare that much.

Typical Stern half-assed web update. The Munsters feature matrix page is called "Deadpool Features Matrix_v - Munsters-Features-Matrix.pdf" like someone edited the tag, but didn't delete the Deadpool one, just added to it.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Munsters-Features-Matrix.pdf

#4106 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anything new on the Kapow website?!

This isn't officially a Kapow release, is it? You really need to lay off this obsession with Kapow. Batman is NOT calling you.

#4114 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I’d be afraid that it’s going to play similar to the family guy lower playfield which was not satisfying at all in my opinion.

Hahaha!

#4125 5 years ago

Have they said how they're shipping these? Is it a LOOOOOONG rollout like Iron Maiden between the Pro and Premiums?

#4133 5 years ago
Quoted from ninjedi:

Whats with the giant side targets... cost cutting move or can they actually detect different hits?[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like there are only two switch stacks, one at each end of the target. Dragula I kind of get since there wasn't space for 7 full size targets. Lily could easily have been individual targets.

#4182 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm officially sick of the sound enough that I closed the stream.

Yep, I had to close it, too. They need to balance that mix and VASTLY reduce the laughter and FX volume. Some longer music or different music would be helpful, too.

#4256 5 years ago

So it looks like another slow rollout of machines. Pros 21st of Jan, LEs first part of Feb, and Premiums don't go until all the way out to March 1st. Ugh.

#4261 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Did you like the L.E. brother?

I don't. I liked the mockup leaked version of the LE casket cabinet with the black and white insert way better than the one they ended up at that's overdone given what they were trying to go for with the casket look. The flipper armor doesn't fit the casket theme, and is distracting. Pre-reveal, I thought the Premium was going to have to be a pass, and now I like it the best of the three, so go figure.

#4262 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where’s your head at Vic?!?

My head is at a Premium, two months from now.

#4274 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Heard from my distributor that LE's should ship by the 19th of January.. But previous experience has been that Stern gave very optimistic dates.. So will see..

Yeah, not the info I got. Your LEs are shipping on a Saturday? Don't think so. Pros start on the 21st, LEs in Feb.

#4360 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I originally thought the casket cabinet was a great idea, but after seeing the added color, spiderwebs, and gold legs mixed with black trim everywhere else? Nope.

Yeah, they had a very good version, and they ruined it by overworking it. Simpler casket was better.

#4364 5 years ago
Quoted from JoachimR:

Who's doing the code on this one?

Dwight (He's done these games recently: Ghostbusters, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, and now Munsters)

#4433 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

what, has it been 2 years since dwight did anything with the code on GB

It's been WAY TOO LONG, especially with the amount of annoying/serious bugs the game has that are easy to find/fall victim to.

#4438 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I dont mean to sound like a weirdo or anything

Too late.

#4441 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Pro model in production 3rd week of January?

Yes. Then LEs in Feb and Premiums March 1st. At least that's the schedule currently.

#4447 5 years ago

Maybe it's SHIPPING 1/21? Dist schedule definitely said 1/21 for Pros. And are those production pics from today or from when they made the batch of overseas pins?

#4506 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Bring on the Bill and Ted, Big Trouble in Little China,

Yes. Big Trouble in Little China...

bigtroubleinlittlechina_translite (resized).jpgbigtroubleinlittlechina_translite (resized).jpg
#4589 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Soooooo is the B&amp;W vector art or ??

Grayscale.

#4594 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

There's no good excuse other than licensing for not having a Sonic the Hedgehog pinball yet.

Well, with the live action movie coming, maybe there will be - but it better be based on the cartoon or game as the movie looks awful. We don't need another Flintstones pin.

#4669 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I run my own independent comic label and I can tell you it costs Stern a lot of money to have artists draw and design for them. I know I pay my artists peanuts compared to what stern must be paying, and trust me... Art costs a lot of money to produce and create. So they want to reuse every scrap of art they can.
I don't mind repeating this, as I do want to have all the nice artwork. And with the Premium, the only artwork you're missing is the pro playfield, which is actually pretty nice, and I might when I buy this machine buy a print or poster of hte playfield graphic(sure one will be around to buy). It costs a lot of money and also lengthens the development time of the pin. And really Stern isn't unique in doing this, all businesses tend to reuse their assets in much the same way.
And also this isn't a fairly new trend. The ghostbusters backglass art is 70% or more the same just with marshmellow on winston and the keymaster on it for the LE... Which is a shame as I rather think the LE is the best backglass for Ghostbusters.

If they do it in layers (as most artists do now), it can be re-arranged without mirroring the art, and without redrawing. Each side would be a little different, but it's better than mirroring. In the days of physical art I understand the need for mirroring. Digital era? No excuse.

#4670 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

That lower play field looks terrific.
Hoping to see my LE by the first week of February.

According to the schedule I was given, that sounds ambitious for an LE. Maybe if you lived by the factory you could get the first one off the line, but factoring in their stated domestic production schedule and shipping to NJ. Nuh-uh.

#4671 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The color scheme here is VERY similar to Beatles, yet I haven’t heard anyone complain about it yet or call it girly. Funny.
I like the color scheme, on both games. The BW is cool too. Make a Beatles BW Revolver pin and you’ll have a homerun.

Beatles is soft pastel colors. Munsters is not. Not even close.

#4676 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think he was just baiting the group.....

Or just plain batin' in public.

#4682 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Dwight really helped me out explaining this pin and the lower playfield and flipper buttons. I like what I see with the lower playfield.

Watching Dwight say things like "stupid ball search" and frantically hitting switches in that stream made a strong case for a "disable ball search" option in the settings that stays off for a few hours, then turns back on automatically. Would make demos like his MUCH easier, and would not be hard to program at the system level for all Spike2.

#4688 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Both the Le and Premium look great!!! Tough decision. Dwight did a good job tonight explaining the game play. John is one of the best designers in the business. You can’t go wrong with either model. The Munsters series was so cool in the day that is for sure!!! Watched them all as a kid.

My only disappointment, and it's a small one, is Borg recycled another of his pin layouts AGAIN. It's essentially AC/DC layout with a fancier and more interactive lower playfield. It would be nice to get a completely fresh layout from him after like 10 years of copies and mirrors of the same layouts.

#4692 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

AC/DC was a Steve Ritchie lay-out

Derp. Of course. But it's still a copied layout. Copying Steve's layout essentially verbatim doesn't equal a new design. It's AC/DC. Ramps in the same place, pops in the same place, targets in the same place (left/right, grandpa is the TNT ones), and Herman in the bell location at a similar angle.

#4696 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Call Stern's Custom Shop at 1-877-BIG-BUCK(S), press #1 to speak with the consultation officer.

The number used to be 1-900-BND-OVER, but they reallocated that one to their SLE customers.

#4701 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

This game is nothing like Acdc first of all which that game is a complete hack of t2; ohh and Acdc probably has the worst lower play field ever in a pinball machine too, but too each their own. Last tome I checked all Acdc lower play field had was some touch targets

Duh. I was talking about the upper playfield. Almost an exact cost-reduced copy of AC/DC.

acdc-munsters-compare.gifacdc-munsters-compare.gif
#4704 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Someone prob posted this already but just for comparison.[quoted image]

Metallica is similar, but falls apart on the left and right target banks that AC/DC has but Metallica doesn't. Also, AC/DC has the lower playfield Metallica didn't. It's closer to AC/DC than Metallica, IMO. But whichever case, it's not a new design, except for the mini under playfield.

#4705 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I highly doubt that because Acdc top play field only has five real shots to it the bell shot two orbits and two ramps; this has two ramps very unique and not the cookie cutter crap that’s in Acdc; two orbits; the awesome side kick out shot with the Dragula; the Herman shot; kittie shot; the grandpa scoop and that puts AcDc at 5 vs Munsters at 8 shots; maybe try playing someone’s creation too before you judge it I know borgy busted his ass on this and really tried to give us something special.

Check out the "cookie cutter crap" on ACDC overlaid on Munsters above. Layouts match almost exactly.

#4760 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I agree that the majority of the design is borrowed or copied from previous titles. He did the same thing with GOTG, it makes me think that he is under an unrealistic time restraint or something when designing? I am looking for complete originality and completely different and unique layouts. Bring back wide-bodies, subways, etc. I would like to see the 'magic' like the Bally/Williams glory days. This copy and paste design technique only adds to the whole 'cookie cutter' term that people tend to use to describe Stern games.

Tron is mirrored X-Men layout.

#4763 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It takes a big person to admit when they were wrong, as you did with the artwork.
Interesting that you then chose to pivot quickly and find something else to be negative about! I look forward to your realization that despite rudimentary similarities, this machine plays NOTHING like an ACDC.

I'm not precious about anything I say. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I'll admit it. I have no idea how Munsters plays, but the layout is almost identical to AC/DC, except that the banks of drop targets are cost-reduced out of it and replaced with a giant stand-up target and a scoop.

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Waste of money... just get a used ACDC!

We already have a AC/DC LTBR on the route I help with, so that box is ticked.

#4764 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You mean X-Men is a mirrored TRON layout. Tron came out a year before X-Men.

Same diff. One is a mirror of the other. Somewhere in the past I listed what Borg playfields were copies or mirrors. He's done the same layouts for like 10 years. I was hoping that Munsters was something completely new. Nope. Like I said, we're still getting one on the route, and I recommend the game, but it's a small disappointment.

#4774 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Layout similarity is irrelevant when playfield designs don't exist in a vacuum. They all have massively different rules, which makes the rhyme and reason for everything you do completely different, and thus the game feels different - not to mention any slight differences in geometry will make the ball react and drastically different ways. Critiquing a game for a similar layout without any other context is the laziest of pinball critique.

Lazy doesn't make it invalid, just easy.

#4812 5 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

What’s the matter? Was the PIN BUNK avator taken already? Did you try PIN PUNK? Isn’t there a party store somewhere that needs someone to hang out front of and push little kids off their bikes?

And here is the counterpoint to that rebuttal. But even though it's weak, your art is strong. I'm not at all sorry I voted for your work in this year's THWIPies.

#4815 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Yes, much better!
We ever gonna see anything besides yellow on those insert cards? Man, Stern must have got a hell of a deal on yellow paper from Staples! LOL!

I think the yellow paper and large pricing lettering is for routes - to stand out and be uncluttered/easy to read. Even with that, people are dumb and have a hard time finding the cost of the game.

#4895 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I Checked a few places on line. I have Netflix and Hulu. Can you steam the show anywhere. Or just dvds? May start wAtching before pin arrives

There's a channel called CoziTV that runs it, but they have the WORST version of it I've ever seen - it's all too dark and smeared like vaseline on the lens. The DVDs are a MUCH better transfer.

#4900 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

With plates already showing 0 t0 500 ..and 001 of 500 if they did, I would think this would start some shit, and many wouldn't put much faith in "limited editions"after the fact.
But, that being said, I "could" see them making another special run with (like many are hoping) The lower play field in a pro cab[quoted image]

They changed the Batman '66 SLEs from 30 to 80 (almost TRIPLING it) after announcing it with not much outcry. If they were smart they'd change it up to offer two versions of the LE, a Grandpa (B/W) and a Herman (Color) version, say 266 Grandpa and 400 Herman. But they didn't do the obvious and even more fitting 666 on Iron Maiden that they could have easily sold, so I doubt they'd do it here.

#4903 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I need to play one soon. Does anyone know when they officially ship out to operators? Aren’t they usually first? I really like the look of the premium, but my wallet likes the pro

Domestic Pros supposedly the week of the 21st, the LEs the first week of Feb, then Premiums the first week of March. I have no idea why the gap is so big between the LE and the Premiums, but that's the official Stern schedule to dists.

#4920 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

True, and very Interesting if they do that here.... I don’t mind at all the idea of 1,000 like CGC L.E’s
500 color, 500 B&amp;W, "0" BS since the beginning

If they were too freaked out to increase a high-demand Iron Maiden LE from 500 to 666, I think 1000 is completely out of the question. But an AC/DC-like split LE run (BiBLE/LTBR) would be pretty cool, especially if the total was 666, because they're not doing 1313.

#4930 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

My recommendation is to email Zach and politely discourage the making of more.
[email protected]

Or clean out your refrigerator. At least with one choice you'll have a outcome you want.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
430 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinmonk. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.