(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

With the speculation of Munsters coming, just wondered what peoples thoughts were.
Are you looking forward to it, have you heard any news on it, do you know who's involved, do you think it will be a Kapow with Premiums, LE's and SLE's?
I'm looking at getting one so am excited. Hoping it's a Franchi, Borg and Sheats pin but who knows.
I guess the biggest news so far was this:
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-munsters-to-tpf-deeproot-pinball-price-range-nyc-pinball-championship-more/

Hey Macca,

I think we are in on a LE. I think it is Borg and hopefully Lyman. New game design with new mechs. We have a space ready!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Awesome theme, no brainer. It's Borg and hopefully his TWD sidekick Lyman on code. My biggest fear and probably a no go would be Lonnie on the code. I'd just have to wait for Beatles.
I'm already on the list for an LE! (Well i carried over my deposit from SW)

I am going to contact my distro and put our name down today! We sold a machine over the week end so we have a space. Lonnie on code will probably kill the game for us too.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

LEs have been requested from my distro, what a great theme this can be. I wouldn't mind seeing The Munsters into screen start with black and white when slowly change to colour.
Catchy tune, fun for everyone how could it not be. Yes Mr Sheats we allow you to work on this release.

Wow! I am a bit slow on this one. I put our name on the list today.

1 week later
#120 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

So it's trolling to state that games should be released with completed code? Got it. Enjoy your Kool Aid... you've been conditioned to find it acceptable no matter how bad it tastes.

Some of us happen to like games that come out with incomplete code. It is like tasting a fine red wine before it matures. If you do not like the wine, spit it out and try another one. Complaining will not make the wine taste any better! All the games get finished eventually. Avengers was a Lonnie game and the final code for it did not come out for 3 years either.

1 month later
#242 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Franchi, Borg and Dwight doing the Munsters by the sounds of it.
Franchi said on TWIP that Borg & Dwight is working with him on his upcoming pin.

Will be good if that is going to happen! I also hope Borg comes up with a new design, time for some changes and I am a huge fan of his. Look at the popularity if IMDN. Machine is just a little bit different to recent releases and most of the pinball community loves it.

1 month later
#313 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I may be alone, but Transformers is a great shooting game. It gets a bad rap, but it is really fun.

You are not alone there. My wife and I loved that game (2). We sold it to some really nice people (4) that just love it too. So there is definitely 6 of us that really like Transformers!

#454 5 years ago

Thanks!

Con & Sue

1 month later
#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I don't think so.
To have his game in there would bump Ritchie's, and I don't think Ritchie is going three years without a game.
Eddy is the new hire at Stern...so his design would have started after Ritchie's current one.

Eddy has been in the game a long time, plenty of time to think about a new layout. Maybe Eddy already has a layout ready to go?

1 month later
#1975 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I am thinking about the Munsters reveal. In the past, rushed and early reveals by every manufacturer have been met with a poor response and the general consensus is that it is better for everyone involved to wait and see the game when it is done, code is complete and it is almost ready to ship.
So if you had the power to decide. Would you rather see leaked low res pics and game play video of game with .50 code now or wait one month and have high res pics and game play video of game with .90 code?

We are happy to buy and receive the games with early code. That gives us the opportunity to email Stern and contribute to the code being completed. Cherry Bomb multiball on GOTG is a great example of this. This was never in the original code or planned code.

It is also nice to see the game progress (code wise) as time goes on. MET is a great example of this and so is BM66.

Some people get hung up on code and I cannot see the point. If you do not like a game for whatever reason, sell it or stop playing it. Spare us good people all the complaining! Life is too short.

#1976 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok, so I have to ask.
Why does Stern get caught up in Primus or even Beatles pinballs and distract from there cornerstone releases (sounds like delays now for Munsters).
I do understand that Stern is making money off of these machines- but if they could sell 3,000 or maybe more Munsters pinball machines I would think the upside is higher. (Sure higher than Primus).
Instead they pull resources away from cornerstone games (or don’t staff them right to begin with).
Big Stern fan - just frustrating. Agree with above, don’t release poor quality or unfinished code that would be worse.
How about this, delay Primus or Beatles a month instead!

All hear say! How do these people know when the machine will be announced? There is still plenty of time for an announcement before the end of the year.

#2104 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Looks like those cabinets are shaped differently at the front and back....or are they just dodgy pics???[quoted image]

Fantastic pick up.. I hope not! That will not go good with my OCD..!

#2125 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Haha...you have too many great pins in your collection to be worried about this

Your collection is not that bad either mate!..

#2126 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A bit better...I dont have all my software with me.....
[quoted image]

Thanks very much for that!

No ramps makes it hard to work out what is going on..

#2128 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Don't worry mate
It should be to standard scale.
There will be no downsizing on this bad boy.
Looking forward to seeing you get you LE

Hell yes.. We are in for a LE. Maybe the last new game for us for a while..

#2131 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Famous last words.

Until Elvira comes out!

1 month later
#3374 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is anyone other than me starting to lose interest because this game is taking so damn long to be announced?

We are over 3,300 posts on this thread and no official announcement yet. I cannot remember a thread so active before this one. Maybe GB announcement in 2016?

#3379 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm still excited to see this game but im kind of getting burned out from all the hoping and waiting. Its getting tiresome at this point and they just need to reveal the damn thing. The hype is fun but you can only keep it high for so long if you know what i mean.

I am with you.. Lets see an announcement!

#3535 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

What time will be the stream and what is the link?

https://www.youtube.com/user/DeadFlipPinball

not sure what time in Aus

#3639 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well I'm hearing the playfield on Prem is indeed B&W so I look forward to the teeth gnashing, nothing like a good Pinside gripe session to fill the cold grey days of early January. I know I'm having trouble getting back into my work groove, how about you?

Yes.. I am supposed to be working, finding it extremely difficult to get back in to working. Love Pinside so Pinside is helping me make the transition back to work!

If there is indeed a Black and White edition, this would explain the leaks, Stern want to test their market before releasing. If the Black and White version is a flop, they can make a colour revision easily on a premium edition.

#3711 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

[quoted image]

sensational! Keep posting pics!

#3767 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

One step closer.
[quoted image]

What game is that on the floor? I think Zombi Yeti posted artwork like that a couple of months ago.

#3771 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh he did. Im thinking its just promo art for events like CES - fits in with the flipper shaped desks. Look like a really cool stand design.
But then what if it was from Steve Ritchies new unlicensed game??? #startthenextSterngamerumour

Ha ha, love it! Stern do hide teasers in a lot of their promo stuff!

#4344 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Actually Batman 66 is Stern’s best selling table of all time, we’ve been told.

Not sure if you are joking or not butt,

ACDC is Sterns best ever selling game.

BM66 is not even close..

#4352 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The person that said it was Stern’s best selling machine of all time is Joe Kaminkow, if he can be trusted. You’d think he’d know sales figures?

@Vid just corrected me, his is in fact correct with Meteor. I could have said ACDC is Sterns best selling game since 2000.

Stern will not give their production numbers out mate. We spoke with Gary Stern when he was in Australia and asked him what was his biggest selling game? His answer was "Whatever your favourite Stern game is!"

#4357 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Stern is the name of two different but related pinball companies. Stern Electronics, Inc. manufactured arcade video games and pinball machines from 1977-1985. Stern Pinball, Inc., founded in 1999.
Meteor was the best selling game of the former. ACDC is the best selling game of the latter.

Ha Ha! So we are all correct!

#4926 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I initially heard 800 LE’s
When 500 were announced I did think that is quite low.
I think distributors requested more LE’s and so stern have increased it.
Still think there is way more demand than 600.
But yes it does set a president that LE’s are not so “Limited”.

Is there anything official from Stern saying the number of LEs will be increased to 600 or just Kaneda's rumour mill?

#5463 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Same thing has happened on my Metallica on 2 occasions so do not think it is node board. Oh and it has not done it in the last 500 plays.

MET is not on Spike and should not do that, ever. Check all your power connections and if you cannot see anything loose, talk to your distro.

#5857 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Man what a bloody great shame it is that I keep hearing this as people play the machine- I was 100 thousand % in when I saw this released - but such a large % of players are reporting this back after they play it . Not being a negative nancy here, just sayin that 12k ( here in AUS ) is bigtime coin to throw at a Premium machine so you would expect great gameplay with such a FANTASTIC theme. I am now SUPER CAUTIOUS and hesitating and waiting until I see / play it , but nervous that it will be as reported.........time will tell I guess. I am so hoping that this current feedback is being vastly exaggerated at this point.

I would not worry too much. Play the game and make your own mind up. Give it a good go and then see what you think.

BM66
TWD
GOT
AV

all got slammed on release and just after on Pinside. Turns out they are all really good games.

#5895 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Two of my favorites of all time, TWD and BM66 got BLOWN UP at the outset.
I was a true believer from Day one. A common denominator on those two however is Lyman Sheets.

MBrLE and TSPP are on the way as well so fun times!

In Lyman I trust.. always!

Congrats on MBrLE and TSPP. Awesome additions to a nice collection.

We are in on MBrLE as well and hopefully ours will arrive in Australia by April or May.

#6272 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

LOL
Sorry but tight budget, when you are getting a budget code?
Think of the cash saved not being spent on the code!

Quoted from Wotto:

No ,.it doesn't. However if everyone just sits and accepts it and then throws cash at it then it SETS the next trend.

Fark you guys are doing a lot of complaining about a game that you have never seen or played yourselves yet.

I am looking forward to having a flip and then making up my own mind.

#6340 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I have already payed 50% deposit on the LE. Was a dream theme for me, I'm guessing that is why it upsets me more to see where the code went.
(which was after deposit) Yes, I will play the pro before I unbox the LE, if I still have the same feelings, then off to the slaughter house the LE goes.
As for each game not to be the same, this is true, fully agree... Reason why I still own 3 Bally Williams machines.
I think this is the reason why most of us have old and new machines.

I think as a Pinball Pinside family, we normally help each other out with explaining rules, helping with tech tips etc, it's great to see.
I'm no pro myself lets be honest. Don't have the time to play daily, not even weekly at times
Anyway time for me to sit back and chill for a while.
what will be is what will be.

If you do not want your LE I am sure that Bruce will gladly give you your money back. All the guys at AMD are fantastic people and good to deal with. I am sure they have people on their waiting list to take your spot.

If the machine is upsetting you, maybe think about getting your money back. This hobby is meant to be fun.

#6400 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone that thinks Munsters is shallow is crazy!
or I guess you could call it shallow but with tons of breadth and tons of different paths to take (all at the same time)
If it gets polished, it will be Dwights best coded game ever! Very refined style of play. I have probably 30 games on it now and it really is like someone took the code style from our 90s favorites and modernized it.

The guys complaining about the code have never played the game themselves. Great to hear you like it!

#6425 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Eh no. I played it. The code sucks. But it’s partly related to the fact there is barely anything to hit and that sucks too. Ramp shots are smooth and tastey but there just isn’t enough in this game for me. Dragula shot gets to be a drag after a few games also. I’d actually take Star Wars over this. Playing IMDN and Deadpool in Stockholm tonight and the difference in those games compared to munsters is simply massive.
On artwork, in my view of the game is a turd then it having epic artwork is almost ironic. GOTG probably points that out.

Wow. I did not realise that you had played the game and did not like it. I appreciate the honesty.

Did you buy one?

I am still looking forward to having a go.

1 week later
#7224 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I need to be talked down off the ledge....Ive got a deposit on an LE and I’m seriously thinking of bailing and buying Beatles Gold instead. In fact today I’m going to my distributors to play Beatles and decide.
Unlike some of the complaints, I love the look of this game - it’s pure Borg. I love the Le package. I like lower playfields. The whole game draws you in.
For me it’s purely code related. I know a game can improve with code, but listening to interviews and comments, this one sounds more or less complete - any changes will be mostly cosmetic.
I think I’ll just sit it out and wait for the premium to decide if the game has changed enough. I’m not a big fan of the black and white compared to the LE package but could live with it.
But then I can’t believe I’m considering a Beatles over this. I’m complaining about the simplicity of Munsters code, yet Beatles seems even more simple.

This is a crazy hobby. You secure your spot to get a LE. You are prepared to spend $13.5K on a machine that you have never seen or played in person. You wait for reviews and opinions from a forum (you never really know what is true or not) to make your decision if you buy or not. What is the absolute worst that can happen if you get the game? You hate it so you sell it almost straight away and drop $1K or at worst $2K.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the guys doing all the shit stirring are not on the list for a LE and to get one they need some one to drop off the list and take their spot? Have you ever stopped to think that maybe they are shit stirring just because they can?

There is no wrong decision in pinball. I think that you cannot go wrong with either game. Look at the bashing The Beatles has copped, and now you are thinking about buying one. I am sure that you will probably end up with both. Good Luck!

#7248 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Some of you guys have way deeper pockets than I do.

It is not about that at all. We have no where to play games on site. If we want a game we have to buy it. We have been in the hobby a long time and my wife and I love it.

#7250 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Pinballaddicted's wife likes pinball as much or more than he does so its easy for him to convince the Mrs. that he needs a new pinball machine.

Yes! This is correct! She definitely does not take much convincing. Most of the time a new game is her idea. Selling games is my idea.

#7251 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

And the pinball queen is a kick-ass player too, right pinballaddicted ???

Hell yes. 2nd game in on a Munsters pro and she tried to blow it up! We love the game and cannot see what all the complaining is sbout.

20190209_125458 (resized).jpg20190209_125458 (resized).jpg
#7253 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats a good score for only her 2nd game lol. Play the hell out of it and give us your thoughts. Is that not one of the most beautiful pins that you have ever seen or what?

It is actually a long way from where we live, we had to make a trip out of the day just tp play it. We have to wait until we get ours to have a good go on it.

I love the look of the game. Playfield and cabinet are very nice. Shots are nice and the flip ramp is a very nice touch. I love the stainless ramps. I really like SW and GB. Both those games are awesome so I have plenty of faith in Dwight and coding on The Munsters.

I think the game is a winner. Beauty of this hobby is we all have different opinions.

#7256 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love it. Im going to go play it again in a few days if i can find the time on my long weekend.

We are really looking forward to getting ours, I think still a couple of months away. I am doing my best not to think about it, as I am like you, wanting to play it more. Good sign.

#7258 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wow. Where do you get one of those?
Have to admit that mine is extremely tolerant and supportive given that she has absolutely no interest in the hobby. But suggesting I buy a new game?? Not in this lifetime.
On another note, just played Beatles and of course loved it. But I’m still not convinced I want to give up on Munsters Le just yet. Haven’t swapped for Beatles just yet - I’ll go and play Munsters again on the weekend.

I love my wife, we have known each other for many years before we got married. I am a lucky man!

I would not pass on your Munsters LE spot. We did that with BM66LE and IMDNLE and regretted it both times. Lucky for us some one we knew found us a NIB IMDNLE for a reasonable price and we bought it. Not so lucky with BM66LE. If you do not like Munsters LE I think you can sell it quite easily. Beatles is a good game IMHO but I think they will be available NIB for a while.

I have been patiently waiting for this pinball bubble to burst so we can buy some older BW games we have not had before (CV, SS, TOTAN) but it is just not happening in Australia or anywhere else around the world.

1 week later
#7538 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

We need some more pics, this is what i can see.[quoted image]

All the photos I have seen look like that. Same style and colour lock down bar as the pro with different side rails. I prefer that it was all matching. If you guys want to powder coat please let me know and we will get ours done too. I do not know a decent powder coater in Newy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.