(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#557 5 years ago

I think the LE looks pretty nice...Brass armor and coin door?...hmmm

1 week later
#755 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dwight didn't push GB across the goal line so I'm cautious.
The only slam dunk is Lyman and he is the F ing KING.
The flippers have lined up to place their bets on the Munsters LE, like they did with IMDN.
I think it F ing sucks that you see NIB's coming out in the market for profit.
If you don't want it, don't F ing buy it. All it does is give Stern the juice to keep raising prices.
When i hear "I've got 3 LE games reserved at different distros" it really chaps my ass.
I've already dropped one distro because they sell to these D bags.
Come on, its not like you are getting rich flipping these NIB's! All you are doing is F ing everybody else that wants one.

Great post Doug!!! It's hard to believe there's enough $$$ in these toys now to turn significant profits on NIB.....suppose I could be wrong.

Munsters has an appeal to me, but can't part w any of my current lineup, and out of practical room (!?!)

Think I'm holding pat for awhile.......

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you haven’t got rid of the fridge yet Mark you have room for one more in the kitchen once that’s out the way

I actually have a storage area for luggage, house supplies, and other nonsense just off the game room. Measured last night and could fit 2 more in there...who needs that stuff!!!
Fridge obviously after that....

#762 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Tell wife your moving to bunk beds.
Plenty of room master bedroom.

Whoa....there is room there!!!!

#765 5 years ago

Alright....cutting to the chase...who really knows if/ when this is coming, and how much? I might bite....

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If? Definitely yes.
When? Less certain, but probably announced in Oct and Pros start flowing in November.

Thanks @vireland.........not going to expo for it, but on the radar.....

1 week later
#855 5 years ago

If they actually use a ton of the b&w TV scenes in this ( like bm66) , I could definitely move on an le...Good grief!!! thought I was done buying for awhile....

1 week later
#915 5 years ago

Quoted from PW79:

Family Guy has IMO the best secondary playfield in the history of pinball. It’s especially magnificent when playing both PF’s simultaneously.
Keefer was such a bad motherfkr. Stern currently has some talent in the code department but they lost some magic when parting ways with that dude.

I'm with you on this....Love that mini pf and great pin overall...

#945 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I heard from a totally reliable source (non Stern employee) that the Munsters is next !!

I admit...this thread is increasing my excitement/ desire for the game....and I haven't even seen it, much less played it yet...damn you, pinside!!!

#997 5 years ago

So do we think this gets announced just before Expo, during, or after?

#1015 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

100% for sure. Borg (Design), Franchi (Art), Dwight (code). The only potential problem is if they really are pushing Beatles up ahead to release first. We'll know in a couple weeks.

Well...I'm heading to expo in hopes of seeing/playing this one in some fashion. Would be good if they announced it prior to expo, then we could review/ commit after seeing it.....would certainly bring more to the show, and hype the game more, imho......

#1017 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But the more I think about it, with Munsters Pro launching AFTER Halloween and Prem/LE in Nov and Dec, the Halloween tie-in becomes less relevant and they might want to get Christmas casual suckers with Beatles, which is (head-scratchingly) aimed for the home market. So the "Beatles next" info I couldn't believe might actually be true.

Man, I hope you're wrong w that...have zero interest in a Beatles pin......gonna fly in Friday, and leave Sunday morning...will definitely post any Munsters sightings (please, please)....I'm more excited than I should be for this one, given I haven't even seen the damn thing yet.....it just sounds like the stars could align with this one....

#1020 5 years ago

We know now. Munsters is next.

Excellent!!!...booked and heading that way

#1025 5 years ago

Don't quote me on an Expo reveal though. I'm only stating it is the next game. Stern has a history of not revealing games at times we would expect.

No worries...In going anyway...Need to play some of these other games and get away from work a couple days. Will be nice ( and logical) if it's there, but no biggie....

#1042 5 years ago

uhh....excuse me?? How many different conversations on going on here??
All I know is the Munsters is next !!!

And all I know is if it is revealed @expo.....I'll be very excited to see/play/ maybe buy one of these....!!!

#1055 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Five things I'm confident with regarding Munsters:
1) It will be the next Stern issue (duh)!
2) It will not be revealed at Expo!
3) It will look great next to my Batman 66 (and my Scared Stiff too)!
4) It will not disappoint for fans of the show as well as campy 60's horror art & bitchin' custom hot rods!
5) It will be a BIG hit for Stern!

with you on all the above...just rooting for outside shot @ "2)" being wrong...

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Of course, but in person it is also possible to read people. John seemed genuinely excited to me...as opposed to just going through the motions.

That's great news!!! If Beatles @Expo, I'll look, but not be buying....Munsters really has me excited, and if there, a very good chance I'll be committing...

#1072 5 years ago

I've just gotten some "educated guess" input from someone well connected...Munsters announced at show...Just not sure what will be there...Good enough for me

#1139 5 years ago

The Munsters is next.
So if pro is November, then LE's in December and part of January, which also premiums would start shipping.

Perfect timing....I've already convinced myself I want an LE.....yes, I'm addicted to pinball and have a problem.....

#1141 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

MK6PIN, that makes two of us, I’ve also already convinced myself that I want an LE.
Just took delivery of a Deadpool LE (super fun game); and I’ve already made space for a Munsters.
Pinball additiction is real lol...

They say publicly admitting your addiction is a sign of cure.... Hasn't worked for me yet...

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Make that 4. My wife said get the LE it looks awesome...

Your avatar and Wife's approval have sealed this one, it appears!!!!!

#1179 5 years ago

I posted a message on Sterns FB "Munsters at expo?" They replied "Deadpool, and a smiley face" They're hiding something....

#1196 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

If these turn out to be accurate. I think finally the Prem might be the best art package... I do think the LE looks slick and cool though and the handles are a nice touch. But, I just prefer more color to be honest. Its a pinball, it's meant to pop and perhaps be a little garish. But, the main thing is, I think the Munster Coach picture looks better on the side cab than translite, and I prefer the family portrait to be the translite.

See your point, but is that a brass coin door on the LE? A sick looking game...the B&W does it for me on this one.......choice is good!!!!

#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I get you. Its a really hard choice. As its just so wild and unique and would look great in any room. But, for my collection and my room decorations, the more bombastic and vivid color approach fits better...
And I'm also not rich... So I don't think I could afford an LE even if I wanted to.

They both look great, imho...No wrong choice here....

#1205 5 years ago

Munsters is next!! Hoping we will see the announcement from Chicago Pinball Expo in 2 weeks.

Huge +1!!!!!

#1224 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm on your same side of the pond and Munsters make me think WTF

This theme appeals WAY more to me than some of the other silliness that passes as "wow, original, or whatever"...

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Ding fries are done.

Wait...no Munsters Expo?....

#1257 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Expo is still going to be a Great show with many Other surprises, great people, great games, and fun.

Been..........going again......bought my BM66LE there.....agreed ( though seeing Munsters in person there would be cool).....

#1276 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was aware of Svengoolie but didn't really pay much attention to it. Bozo the Clown was a real Chicago staple, though! Friggin' 10+ year wait for tickets!!!!

So..Confession time..Bozo used to scare the shit out of me growing up

#1284 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

The demographics of DEADPOOL and MUNSTERS fans don't really cross over tooo much, some but not incredibly.
But Yes, no point in debuting at EXPO do just prior or at IAAPA in Florida in November for the win!

Agreed for me...not interested in Deadpool, but excited for Munsters...now about this Jacksonville thing...

1 week later
#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Stern liked the TZ.[quoted image]

That black TZ is sweet!!! a MunstersLE could look good sitting next to it...

#1396 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The word among expo is 4 insects first.

just means more time to wait, for me, as insects aren't going in the lineup.....

#1412 5 years ago

Munsters has a campy, nostalgia thing going for it, sort of like BM66 for me....definitely excited to see/ play it

#1535 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I'm just looking forward to the TRUE reveal and hopefully soon because I would rather the Munsters than MBR.....

ditto...

#1581 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

You'll see Munsters end of November or Early December or so.
Hold steady.
Game will be out long before Texas show and appearance by Butch. (That is not the reveal) But that cameo with Butch should be fun nonetheless.

All good here...Not doing Beatles, and have others to play while I wait....No biggie...A MunstersLE coming to me when available...

#1658 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This game will be a top seller and probably one of the best Stern full featured games since the Simpson’s Pinball party and POTC. (Premium/LE). Trying to keep the hype train down but this one is rolling full steam ahead. LE will be full Technicolor

Loving this news!!!!.....crap...back to measuring the gameroom for a spot....

#1662 5 years ago

You let go LOTR but kept WCS94? hmmmm

Maybe odd.. but true. WCS and FGY are my Son's 2 favorite games, and his friends love them. I actually like them both.

It will always be "just me", but couldn't stand LOTR....ball times were crazy long, and I was bored to tears. Had to go.....

Keefer is a master, and won't part w TSPP or WOZ....2 of his best, imho.....

#1663 5 years ago

November....bring on Munsters!!!!!

#1685 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks but I’ll take my Munsters now. Heck you can say people can wait but here we are 1680 + posts later drooling over a title that hasn’t been announced and the only image is a prelim mock up done 6 months ago. I’m sold and while maybe not at everyone’s pace Stern will get the code done.

With you on this one...Let's not throw common sense in the thread..

#1725 5 years ago

So my only reliable source (very in touch distro) said Munsters would go after Christmas, but couldn't speak to announce date, as he didn't know, meaning I doubt many do.

He's got me down for an LE (pending my "yes, send it to me") and has always delivered.....I'm good w that.....

#1743 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

LE for me.. just because it will look great next to my TAFG [quoted image]

Looks amazing!!!..yes, an LE for you.....

#1781 5 years ago

And yet another excuse for a Vegas trip!!!!! Hooray....

#1807 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This place just had 20 people set to interview and only 8 of them showed up. One guy walked out of the interview when he found out it was shift work, 5 failed their drug test so we got two new employees out of 20 lol. Also only about half the people that they hire will stay once they hire in. I've never seen the job market as good as it is right now. There's something wrong when you cant find young guys to work for 60-100K a year.

It's everywhere, sadly.."work ethic" is something very few are willing to get wrapped around, or even understand, regardless of what the $$$ is.

We have an onboarding rate of about 1 in 11 applicants, then half of those don't last a year. A different world, indeed....

Munsters announcement before turkey day!!! (please)

#1811 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Is it a cuckoo clock? Looks pretty cool

It is, and lights up!!! looks amazing.....appears to be my first mod before I even have the pin (not the first time)....

#1817 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I want the clock and the lamp both so bad i cant stand it. Why did i have to see this? WHY....WHY...WHYYYYYY???

Because you must!!! (I have no table in the room for the lamp...yet)...

Side - decided to look up definition of "cuckoo clock", as no pin pics to stare at yet (I collect watches, and was curious).....

"A cuckoo clock is a clock with a door from which a toy cuckoo comes out and makes noises like a cuckoo every hour or half hour." (Collins English)

I don't want that....want a Munsters "Kooky" clock....

#1823 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:My grandma many years ago gave me an original cuckoo clock with the bird that pops out and then a lady came out and she spins around while it plays music and for the life of me i dont know what i did with it. Im thinking i might have given that to my uncle but i need to find out because that was really special and would be worth good money right now i bet.
Also my uncle used to collect watches but i dont think hes into it anymore and it seems like i remember him saying that he might sell some of them? I know he had some really nice ones so if you would be interested let me know and i will ask him about it.

wow!!!..my grandpa had a cool one where the bird came out, and some sort of carousel that spun w it....was amazing, but long gone now....grabbing that Munsters version now....too tempting

I've had to curb my watch pursuits as of late...talk about crazy $$$! I've got a nice selection, but thanks for the offer....

Unless a Munsters watch appears....

1 week later
#1951 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Anyone who's a Munsters fan want to speculate what the soundtrack might be like for those of us who are ignorant Munsters plebes?

The main Munsters TV theme song is a perfect fit, imho, for intro, lower background, and ending portion of gameplay......campy as hell, like BM66. Definitely excited for this one.....

#1958 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Yeh I agree, this has to be in there somewhere:

BAMM!!!...can't get it out of my head lately....

#1961 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dig that theme, just a question of if they can come up with more tracks that fit.

exactly....plenty of voice assets (if they get them)...just bought the 3 season set on DVD...think I'll have to listen some of the other tracks...

#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Few more days/hours of posting and then reveal of Munsters!!

Man, do I hope you're right!!!

#1974 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok, so I have to ask.
Why does Stern get caught up in Primus or even Beatles pinballs and distract from there cornerstone releases (sounds like delays now for Munsters).
I do understand that Stern is making money off of these machines- but if they could sell 3,000 or maybe more Munsters pinball machines I would think the upside is higher. (Sure higher than Primus).
Instead they pull resources away from cornerstone games (or don’t staff them right to begin with).
Big Stern fan - just frustrating. Agree with above, don’t release poor quality or unfinished code that would be worse).

Knowing if they announced it tomorrow, we still wouldn't see games until January anyway (only 5 weeks away), I'm still optimistic to hear something official soon. Surely, they want to lock down a chunk of Christmas cash.....

#1986 5 years ago

So I posed the question on Stern's facebook page ...too funny!!!

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10156988061229244?comment_id=10156989933749244

#1989 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

They will probably delete it.

I actually responded that I loved my BM66, but was suspicious of his answer...

(the second part is not staying on the post....)

(wait..that's not Batman...it's a robot!!)

#1991 5 years ago

That was an impostor !!! Batman would not lie (I don't think)....

#2051 5 years ago

Bingo thanks for leaked pro pics!!! Can't wait to see the LE!!!! ..This is going to be awesome

#2183 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I posted this in another unrelated thread, but this is where it should go...
I think The Munsters is an Addams Family knock off cash grab trying to masquerade as a Monster Bash remake killer.
That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Everyone is entitled to one.....

I disagree, however.....my opinion, and I'm sticking to that one....

#2248 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The point is pinside and pinside is the point.

And this is accurate....logic rarely applies in most of these threads for some.

I believe "Munsterbash" was sarcastic in nature, and coupled w some of his other comments, he enjoys stirring up things that aren't even baked yet

Adams will be Adams, Munsters will be Munsters......at least we got a sneak peak that could be praised or ripped to pieces...it's what happens on here....

#2300 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

My distrib was 5995 which included shipping and a shaker.

Out of curiosity, how much does anything valued @ 5995.00 in 2011 sell for 7 years later if it's deemed desirable.

Had a 1970 AAR Plymouth Cuda back in '75 that I bought used, but in great shape for $1500.00......not a cargument, just saying cash is not worth what it once was....by a mile....

#2304 5 years ago

And....ahh, not worth the bandwidth....

#2305 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Still next year hasn’t changed.

This is not what my very reputable Distro stated earlier in the week......but again, not worth the bandwidth. They will announce when they announce....

#2343 5 years ago

Maybe a Munster's Monday??? Fun to speculate on the release of this one....

#2346 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I pick Thursday.
Start to fill in the betting squares!

I like my guess better, but would also be thrilled w yours...

#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My money is on January 20 2019

Your logic is flawed...my clock already showed up!!!

#2374 5 years ago

Just saw all these posts......not Munsters Monday...yet

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Munsters on Thursday!

ok...Munsters M-Th.....fun stuff..

#2397 5 years ago

Ok...Munster Monday over..I'll ride with the Thursday guess, but after that, I'll just be happy when they do announce (not in a terrible hurry, but will be happy when it's available....

#2399 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im with you MK, Tuesday it is brother!!

I like how you think!!!!

#2424 5 years ago

:L

Quoted from Yelobird:Yep. 2019 lol.

Listen, Debbie downer...

#2426 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Trust that I am Not. Not a bet but I think I was the first deposit on this game Before even the cell pics came out. Just looking at this thread for Months all the I heard from my brothers buddies neighbors friend it will be this week is a bit depressing and has no value for expectations. Seems like a few simply want to feel like "In The Know" spotlight for some false reason. If it came out tomorrow or next year December I will be ready.

Ha, true.... I'm simply hopeful for soon, but will be happy when it's announced, regardless

#2471 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Munster Monday

Exactly!!!! I never said which Monday...

#2516 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Enjoy the games you have, enjoy your friends and family for Christmas.

Agreed, and I just like the fun of guessing. Knowing the game is real, and an LE will eventually be in my lineup is fine by me.

Bring on Munsters!!!

Distro said very soon, but even so, knew I wouldn't see/have one until 1st quarter.

#2612 5 years ago

I've got a hope that they announce this thing next week.....going to put my clock up tomorrow....

#2615 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Good luck with that, I requested my LE and number back in July which was confirmed and just found out on Thursday that number will be going overseas...
and to top off my F'd up pinball Thursday the number I requested for Monster Bash LE back in August which also was confirmed will not be available........... Was not a good day for me. /rantoff

LE #`s already allocated? Shit....Glad I've got an LE game reserved...Sounds like they are evaporating before being released... good grief....

#2638 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Dialed in shows that a good game can overcome a bad theme.

Noooo!!! ....it has penetrated this thread and the game isn't even announced yet....good grief

#2649 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It will penetrate more thread than WD-40!

Never a truer statement...they are a loyal group...gotta give them that...

Successfully slayed BM66 in the latest "AorB" nonsense...Is no game safe? ( even eating their own ..TH)...

Anyway, another Munsters Monday upon us..How many left?

#2657 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a feeling that im going to be one of those fan girls rating it perfectly and I'll probably be saying OMG. ....STERNS BEST GAME EVER!!
It's just what i do when im excited over a new game, cant help it.

No worries or apologies needed...I'm with you on this one!!!!

Hoping it gets announced/ shown soon...then the real trolling/ bashing/ supporting, etc. can start.....

#2659 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I remember when i was fairly new here i started a thread called Could Ghostbusters be the best game ever, and the i changed it to Could Ghostbusters be “Sterns best game ever lol” I got hammered pretty good on that one by a lot of people but it is a great game imo still. I will say though that i rated all of my games high and i still rate them high well after their honeymoon phase.
I am super pumped for Munsters though because its one of my dream themes!

Nothing wrong with that.....you enjoy your games, and that's all that matters at the end of the day.......

It's actually ok to be excited about a game that appeals to you.....another news flash.....this BS about " well they own the game, that's why they defend it, blah, blah, blah"...I only buy games I like..why would anyone buy a game they didn't like? Oh...to flip

#2674 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On the Munsters theme, the DVD complete set video quality is WAY WAY better than whatever smudgy vaseline-coated version they're showing on TV currently. Also, the abandoned pilot looks colorized, not like it was shot in color. Was it? Skin color moves around and under the blue makeup. It's weird.

Just picked it up... can't wait to dive into these ...

#2692 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What is there to talk about? I've watched this thread for weeks...and well..it's just a bunch of nothing and people talking about dumping money into something they don't even know what it looks like 100% yet. Never understood the 'stay on topic' people when there is essentially nothing 'on topic' to talk about. That's how a thread dies.

And I've never understood how certain games always need to be pumped in every single thread, regardless of Op's title.

This thread will ease when the pin is announced, released, and a club thread started, so when non game related crap comes through, it can be identified as trolling. Eventually, trolls get tired, and move on.

Thanks for your wisdom, and wanting to keep it alive w your positive comments on the machine...

#2714 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

What the difference.... as long as your one of the 10 guys like I am life’s good.

Ha, I'm one of the 10 guys too I guess....only 7 machines left??

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

They are putting in generic pre-orders with their distos for what they assume will be Munsters.
Stern has nothing to do with that.

Correct...my Distro said Munsters was next, and release would be " very soon". My LE preorder is simply "I want one"...don't have to pay anything. He'll also let me find one to play before making me completely commit. Great relationship....if I want it, sends me a bill, I pay, he ships...done.

#2835 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This always scares me with Stern.

I think we (pinside) generate the hype, and Stern is not exclusive in this department. Many machines have been underwhelming...just happens Stern releases more titles than anyone else....

#2837 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So in addition to the main playfield, we are expecting Munsters Prem/LE to have ... a) lower playfield b) upper playfield or c) lower & upper playfield d) neither?
I’m a “c”.

Think "c" would be awesome, but guessing just "a"

#2884 5 years ago

I see no reason people can't buy what/ when they want on these sort of toys. Giving personal opinions on what they would do is normal/ expected on a forum....chastizing/ berating others for not aligning with their own opinion has sadly become a trend on pinside (not this thread, in particular, this will happen after the game is announced and priced). Is what it is, but unhealthy in my opinion.

Regarding TronLE (off topic a bit)...no premiums, machine has gameplay features that the pro doesn't have, and will always be polarizing, because it will never be remade (TronVE maybe, but won't mimic or better the LE ...would destroy the LE market all together...been stated many, many times). An absolute Stern Classic, and still stands up well to anything out there.

Back on topic, I like to speculate and have high confidence Munsters will meet/ exceed my expectations. Reserved an LE, and what others do is completely fine....this is just me.

#2893 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I also think owning a pinball is like owning a mattress from this perspective: it's impossible to know if you are going to like a mattress until sleeping on it for days/months.

First time I've heard this analogy, and incredibly accurate!!!!! Great input....thanks....

#2895 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope ur being sarcastic. The matress/pin anaolgy?

way better than a cargument.....

#2910 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

As for matresses, waterbed, freeflow thats the ticket.

I had a waterbed years and years ago.....broke, flooded the apartment...talk about wet dreams!!!...

#2916 5 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

Just got my PRIMUS pinball and I got Munsters Manual with it...lol
[quoted image][quoted image]

Too funny!!! Enjoy your machine...( Munsters has to be the worst kept secret.. )

#2944 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

no safety liner? damn big mistake.

Big time..

#2959 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Haha worked it out....now updated

You'll have to update to "Official Club Thread" soon, I suspect......

#2987 5 years ago

I'm really glad that there is proof (basically) that the game exists and is going to be available to us soon. Photo-shopped art is one thing, but a printed manual in the wrong game is quite different.

This will be a fun one, I believe, and a nice way to start the year.....

1 week later
#3161 5 years ago

You are in luck. Plenty of WWE LE gold powdercoated armor left over for the Munsters LE.

I'm hoping LE has Brass w color artwork.....bring it!!!!!

#3171 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The B&W casket art originally leaked with “real” shiny brass trim AND brass door would be incredible. Sadly I think the chance of either shiny brass trim or a brass door got lost in the first round of Munsters budget meetings. Gold speckle trim is about all you can hope for.

The brass looked deadly, but you're probably right

#3215 5 years ago

Onto Munsters talk....is anyone really waiting on "A vs. B" regarding Munsters and MBr? Gotta be just "new game syndrome" if so.

I have a routed MB that lives at my work for the guys to play......enjoy the machine but doubt it's going to play anything like Munsters.....guess the monsters part has a similar appeal, suspect these will be apples and oranges though from a gameplay (and even theme) standpoint.....

love my AFMrLE, out on MBr, but stoked for Munsters

#3310 5 years ago

I like it better than TM...Don't like how IM is misused by Maiden...Thinking caps on...

#3313 5 years ago

and...a license plate thought

#3317 5 years ago

MUNSTPRO/ MUNSTPREM/ MUNSTLE

#3319 5 years ago

I don't really care..just spinning wheels till we see the thing.....

#3370 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is anyone other than me starting to lose interest because this game is taking so damn long to be announced?

Nah.....I think they said Tuesday...only a few more days.

#3421 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

It is posted on their Twitter feed as well.
https://twitter.com/pin_stadium/status/1081336231793954817
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Well, if they actually geared the artwork to need this mod to experience it , I can now say I'm officially out...man... super pissed if it's the case

#3423 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That’s Pinstadium’s Twitter, not Stern’s. There’s no way Stern is intentionally designing products to benefit a third party’s business.
The idea of color bombing a B&W playfield does sound particularly loathsome, though.

Man, do I hope you're right...I want this game tremendously, but absolutely can't stand ( unsee) the rainbow color bomb w that approach to play field lighting.

Can't ( won't) do it

#3452 5 years ago

I'm just ready for Tuesday for some real pics and gameplay.....hoping the LE is revealed properly...

#3453 5 years ago

oops

#3456 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You could always do Pinstadiums! lol I'll have Scott contact you!

Scott markets quite well.....

#3457 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Everyone at Stern is reading these posts so keep making your opinions heard about the black-and-white because the premium will be built last of all three models......

hoping they here loud and clear there are a vast (quiet) amount of pinheads that don't desire colorbomb on the playfield....I'm confident this title will be a must have and the game should stand on its own....

#3462 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Munsters Premium in full B&W would be a fail.
On the other hand if carefully done with splashes of color it might be okay.
The general consensus is against B&W and I would be very surprised if Stern takes this path.
B&W with splashes of color for display and cabinet. Sure it could work.
My gut feeling says all models will be in glorious full color.
I really hope that they release all models together
Staggered release like Maiden really sucked.

I tend to agree w this....in this era of color/ lcd screens, etc., hard to believe it would be full B&W...right now I'm more curious of layout options, gameplay uniqueness, and theme integration ( and price, of course). a lot of potential here......could be a real fun add

#3512 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Insulting and disrespectful to the members of pinside. Lots of NIB buyers on here.

Yea...just an ignorant statement....

On a positive note, hoping for a reveal in under 48 hours..whatever the hell it is...

#3516 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

That was the intention!! Haha.
Yes, there are LOTS of NIB buyers here, and there is an overwhelming negative chorus who just shit on everything, no matter what.
I’ve said it MANY times... I simply don’t get it. If you hate modern Sterns... why spend so much time in these threads?!
I personally LOVE these machines. I also love Early SS games, and a lot of EMs.
If I don’t like a game... I spend exactly ZERO time talking about it.
I’m very excited for Munsters. Can’t wait to see it in person, and flip it.
If somebody ISN’T interested in this release... what the hell are they doing here?!
I Know, I know. It’s a forum... people can say what they want. I GET that. I just don’t get why people focus on things they don’t like, instead of things they do.
Tuesday will come, and so will all the same reactions. I know I’m an idiot for wishing it was any different... or a glutton for punishment!
Bring on another new pin! I can’t wait to check it out!

Umm...forget it...not worth the bandwidth ....Bears and Eagles now

#3589 5 years ago

Excellent!!!! The hype has officially reached critical mass...bring the reveal, so the complaining (and official buying for some of us) can begin!!!!!

#3676 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

excellent...but you MUST add a graph of sorts to pull it all together!!!!

#3683 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. Let's hold our horses until we see if it's grayscale art or actually black vector art, then we can chart sales.
BTW, Beatles store has sold 0 Gold machines in the last almost 6 weeks, but they're still trying to get some buzz at CES. Unfortunately the buzz they need is $2000 below where they are.

fair enough.....

#3692 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

HYPEY THE ---ing HYPE GRANDHYPER PINBALL HYPER is about to hype it!

And the award for the use of "HYPE" in one post goes too.....

Funny stuff...bring on this game!!

#4234 5 years ago

Just getting off work and catching up......LE is gorgeous, and confirmed my order. FGY is one of my most played pins, and I love the mini playfield.

Can't wait to get this thing and play it!!!!! (I do think the B&W looks pretty cool as well, but the "cabinet casket" artwork, custom rails, shaker, and great color do it for me).....Hooray!!!!

#4269 5 years ago

Kind of surprised no specific topper w this one.....good in my case, as it going to potentially go under my dungeon stairs....

#4270 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Heard from my distributor that LE's should ship by the 19th of January.. But previous experience has been that Stern gave very optimistic dates.. So will see..

Mine said February...guess I'll find out when I see the bill....

#4410 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I personally prefer Lily (and the rest of the playfield art) in color. Having the original TV clips in black & white is fine enough for me and also helps to set them apart from the game's artwork on the Pro and LE.
It's nice to have choices though - to each their own!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Same for me...Went to the Stern site and looked at a bunch of great pics. I think the custom side armour on the LE looks great, as well as vibrant PF art....Think they did an outstanding job on this title visually, and gameplay looks fun...We shall see...

#4786 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Good God I hate when people start saying this game is the same as that game, etc, etc. Here's one for you: this game uses steel balls and has four legs and a plunger. Oh my god the humanity.
This game is a breath of fresh air in many ways and a few negative Nancy's have to drag us down.

+1000,actually....But it's the nature of this forum, sadly...

#4959 5 years ago

As stated prior, still on the website LE's are limited to 500 units, global.

Can't recall when Stern has ever "changed their mind" regarding LE's

Good grief...Certain Podcasters can't live without drama of sorts...I'll leave it at that

#4962 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sure did. Almost tripled it from 30 to 80 after the fact.

Stern stated the add of the SLE's pretty early, as that whole release was way hyped, and weird w needing to send a video of why you should get one.

There were people at expo getting verbals that they were "in"...Whole thing was way out of character. This was just the SLE's, LE's stayed as stated., #`s wise.

Munsters is going to sell a lot ( and I'm buying an LE because that's the version I like).....don't see them changing the LE#'s.

#4965 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Already been confirmed by a few distributors in this thread that they are changing to 600 LE's.

Think it's "supposedly being considered" by Stern. Regardless, my speculation is over...Have one coming in February, and will break from these threads until after I get the machine...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.