(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8,181 posts
  • 659 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by guss
  • Topic is favorited by 110 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 950 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (1 year ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4608 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

"Depth" as a guarantee of fun is a myth. "Shallow" as a critique without context is lazy. Game design (code) must match playfield design. Play the game first, see if it all works together. The initial complaints about Iron Man and Tron were "it's shallow" ...then they became mega hits, because the code design gelled perfectly with the playfield.

Amen.

I’m playing pinball, I don’t want to feel like I’m reading a God damn novel.

#4668 11 months ago

That lower play field looks terrific.

Hoping to see my LE by the first week of February.

#4794 11 months ago

Caved and purchased the Premium as well as the LE after seeing the videos.

These are the nicest looking Stern machines in quite awhile. Great job, Team Stern.

#4817 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did somebody hijack MikeJ's Pinside account?
Wtf

I give credit where credit is due. These machines are an absolute home run.

I buy machines for the artwork and overall aesthetic as much as I do the gameplay which sometimes results in having multiple versions of the same game. (SM, MET, Avengers to name a few)

And it doesn’t hurt that most of the blatant quality issues seem to be in Stern’s rear view mirror.

#4829 11 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

That Premium with the side blades is possibly the best looking art package game ever to come out of Stern. It is simply beautiful.

Yeah, it’s pretty much a must buy.

#4833 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great job guys
BM66LE
Beatles
MunstersLE
My Franchi trifecta of artistic beauty lined up right next to each other!! Spot ready for Munsters
I know have situated my pins so they are far enough apart to see the gorgeous side art
Helps to have a huge space now

No question, my machines all sit on an angle and are at least a yardstick apart so that you can take in all of the glorious artwork.

I may have to revisit Beatles.

#4874 11 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I heard same podcast!
If this is true does it devalue your LE?
Does it piss you off?
Should we email NOW distributors and Stern and complain about pulling this fast one in LE owners.
If we are honest this will have a small negative affect on value of LE long run.

I just purchased an LE and I couldn't care less.

If all of the toys I buy held 50% of their original purchase price, I'd be ecstatic. I'm not losing any sleep if they're worthless the day after I take delivery.

#4888 11 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Value-wise, I agree. However, if true, I think it sucks in principle. Customers, including me, were informed by Stern prior to our purchase that production of this LE would be limited to 500. To go back on that, once most sales are complete, is disingenuous.

Yes, I was told 500 as well, but it’s not something that bothers me.

If you feel very strongly about it, I’d imagine you could still cancel your order with your dealer.

#4908 11 months ago

I don’t know.

I have close to 50 late model Stern machines and as long as the decals aren’t peeling and the play field isn’t ghosting on these new machines, I’ll keep buying.

#5136 11 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Take it easy Aurich its fuckin pinball, Man you guys never disappoint and this is all about what, resale value or owning a LE product? big deal.

You still have too many horse’s asses who tell their wives what a great investment their LE pinball machines are. About half of these dolts may actually believe that.

#5363 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's true, but everyone who loves Pinball Arcade doesn't spend $9000 on games they've never played. Only LE hype marketing & those susceptible to it is what moves those machines.

Pinball Arcade had nothing to do with why my friends and I started buying machines.

From the mid 70s through the mid 80s, we spent countless days in the local arcades. When we made a few bucks we wanted to recreate the arcade experience in our homes.

#5370 10 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Ugh we need unboxings.....all this drama is too much

Aren’t the unboxing photos going to look exactly like what Stern just showed us?

#5722 10 months ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I have a Munsters coming and I really don’t mind some games with a shallow rule set. An actual shot at a wizard mode would be a nice switch. System 11 games are popular because they have an approachable rule set and they shoot well. Not every game has to be a Keefer novel that I’ll never get to finish.

Yep, a deep story based rule set is not for me.

#5795 10 months ago
Quoted from Banker:

Anyone who took the time to watch each of the 3 models streamed, should be able to make a decision about
whether this title interest them. I bought the LE because I like what it offers. Why do so many waste time complaining
about pins they have no interest in. It’s a hobby, go buy and play what you like.

Agreed.

I bought the LE because of the features and the Premium because of its aesthetics.

#5805 10 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I bought the Pro for the flow
I bought the Premium because I am too cool for just a Pro
I bought the LE because I wear shirts with 9 popped collars
[quoted image]

The 9 popped collar ships with the LE.

#5854 10 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Check this out, The Pinball Company already jacked up the price to $9,999.00 before apparently selling out. Vultures.[quoted image]

In terms of pricing, those guys are some of the worst.

#5856 10 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Im glad the new code is out with over 99% of USA buyers not even having the pin yet.
[quoted image]

I’m supposedly getting my machines around 2/7 and I’m in no rush.

#5861 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Two of my favorites of all time, TWD and BM66 got BLOWN UP at the outset.
I was a true believer from Day one. A common denominator on those two however is Lyman Sheets.
Despite a great theme, art and what appears to be a fun and unique layout, that "bugger" Neil from the UK doesn't like it, at all, and that worries me a bit.
However, I've got high hopes based on what I've seen.
MBrLE and TSPP are on the way as well so fun times!

Neil supposedly played the machine for 6 hours straight. I’d hate anything after 6 hours.

#5936 10 months ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Just trying to figure out how many people throw their money at it without playing first, I know I wouldn't buy a new car without driving it. Up or down does it really matter?

I haven’t played it, but I like the art packages found on the Premium and LE. That was enough for me.

#6175 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont wanna wait but i got to. Got too many irons in the fire at the moment but i will be ordering soon. When they do the LE run will they make all 600 of them before moving on to the Premium's?

Not sure.

I’m scheduled to receive my LE by the end of next week. I am told the Premium will arrive in early March.

#6204 10 months ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Really, Did your disty tell you this?

Yes.

#6285 10 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U do know that met and munsters have essentially the same layout with same amount of shots? Actually most fan layouts have about the same amount of stuff to shoot at.

He knows that.

He plays these games 6 hours straight.

1 week later
#6888 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Probably Grandpa munster

I used to spend a lot of time at his restaurant down in the village when I lived in Manhattan.

He was a very nice man and a terrific basketball fan.

#6983 10 months ago

Was expecting delivery of my LE this past Thursday. Now, I’m looking at the first week of March.

Does anyone know what’s going on with the delay?

#7006 10 months ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I just hope nothing was just dried off and put back into machines... Better check your machines for water marks...

Yeah, something like that could lead to the cabinets coming apart. Again.

#7083 10 months ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

This theme does absolutely nothing for me. For all the Pinsiders that crap over a theme like WWE and then get all hype for the Munsters??
Really??? The Munsters!! They haven’t been relevant since forever ago.
This pin is a hard pass for me....Next!!

Relevant? No, but I really enjoyed the show as a kid and bought two machines (LE and Premium). It was an easy decision for me.

3 weeks later
#7840 9 months ago

Got my LE on Friday and all is well.

I still don’t have an ETA on my Premium, however.

#7855 9 months ago
Quoted from guss:

Well I'm selling my GOT pro and buying a munsters pro. I hope I made the right choice

I think you’re good. GOT is not fun for me.

#7864 9 months ago
Quoted from john17a:

How did it get through QC

There is no QC at Stern.

You have to hope you get a good game and if you don’t, pray that your distributor has some pull with Stern.

They should assign QC to the moron who came up with video submission idea for BM66.

1 month later
#8128 8 months ago

I get my Premium next Tuesday.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside