(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamprey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1720 5 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Yes "Bruce." Im all in for a NIB Springsteen pin!

Springsteen? Naw.. More like They Call Me Bruce?

they call me bruce (resized).jpgthey call me bruce (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2804 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It has not been three years.

You are correct: 2 years and 9 months. Still.. fu**ing ridiculous!

#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Since the game was released.
Last code update was January of 2017, so still under 2 years.

Last code update yes. But, the game still isn't complete. As you well know it's missing a mode that is on the instruction card and it's been almost 3 years since release. Not acceptable.

#2811 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It's been too long, but not 3 years. That's what I was pointing out.

Gotcha! We are in full agreement there!

1 month later
#6512 5 years ago

I put ten games on a pro the other day. I like pinball so I enjoyed Munsters just fine.

The thing that stood out to me is the big empty area where the lower playfield goes on the prem/le. It didn't really look bad in the pictures, but looks odd to me when playing. Hard to describe other than it's just a large are of the playfield with no lights. Sure there is artwork, which is nice, but it just feels odd to me.

Not trying to nitpick, just an observation.

I'd be curious to learn more about the scoring multipliers: Dwight seems big on those. I mostly was shooting around trying to do modes and see what the different shot did. It seems to shoot smoothly.

Overall, I'd say it's a fun game. Depending on what you like you may like it or love it. For me, I put it in the like category.

#6516 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I kind of like the open space because it makes the game have more flow and it makes it faster seems like. Nothing worse than a big fat well walker stuck right in the middle of the playfield. This game is a smooth fast shooting game.

There are plenty of games that are open. No issues with that. It's more that the space feels unused because there are no lights or anything related to game play there. Maybe it's just me...

#6527 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When the playfield's up, it looks even weirder. There's almost nothing under the playfield. Have a look:[quoted image]

Yeah. I could only guess, but assumed it looked like that. Appreciate the pic!

#6747 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All the affected clips are like that every game. Pretty sure it has to be a mistake, but was hoping someone else with the machine would confirm it on theirs, too.

I'm guessing it's an attempt to make the tv glass appear "rounded" like a real CRT. Not my cup of tea, but it appears pretty subtle.

#6750 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would totally buy that if it were on every TV clip, but it's not.

Oh, is that arc there when the tv isn't on the screen?

#6804 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't know enough aboot it, but I'm willing to bet all 6 of them are not wizard modes either
Term gets thrown out pretty easy these days.

How much you want to bet?

#6809 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

A fair amount
So they have a chart out for it yet somehwere?

Yeah, if you go to JJP's site there is a Rules Flow Chart under the POTC game.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC-Rules-Flow.jpg

#6814 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thanks. So if I'm reading this right, you have to complete the 5 things they call a wizard mode to get to "Break the Curse," which I assume is the actual Wizard mode? THey don;t have it listed with a name so is there no mode involved or you just get points for it?
Are the "chapters" within each color grouping modes?

There are 5 wizard modes (one per movie) and a Final Wizard mode. No matter what you want to call them, they are wizard modes. 6 wizard modes - Now pay up!!

I'm not sure I understand you question about not having a name. My understanding is that you play the 5 movie wizard modes and that qualifies you for the final wizard mode: "Break the Curse."

#6821 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Eric and Keith did a fantastic job with POTC, just like Lawlor did in some ways with DI.
I get why you guys like POTC, its just not gonna sell beyond a small niche group because of the theme. Simple as that. But if you like it, that's all that matters.

I don't have a dog in this race, but I'm curious why you think the POTC theme only appeals to a niche group?

POTC is a pretty huge intellectual property in it's own right. I understand if it doesn't resonate with you on a personal level. But, it seems like it would have as broad of an appeal as any theme out there.

I can see not wanting to spend $8500 (Standard Edition) or more on a game. But, as themes go POTC seems like a solid choice to me.

#6919 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Except that the cost-cutting lockdown is actually new innovation that surpasses the old. It is, however, the only exception.

Funny. It surpasses the old shitty lockdown that Stern was using in that it holds the front molding in place more firmly. Still annoying to use though, so I don't really consider it a step forward in that regard. However, compared the other mechanisms (i.e. Bally/Williams) it's still garbage.

Pro tip, if you have the older stern lockdown and your front molding is loose, you can add a felt strip on top of the wood in front of the lockdown to help snug it up a bit.

#7212 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I need to be talked down off the ledge....Ive got a deposit on an LE and I’m seriously thinking of bailing and buying Beatles Gold instead. In fact today I’m going to my distributors to play Beatles and decide.
Unlike some of the complaints, I love the look of this game - it’s pure Borg. I love the Le package. I like lower playfields. The whole game draws you in.
For me it’s purely code related. I know a game can improve with code, but listening to interviews and comments, this one sounds more or less complete - any changes will be mostly cosmetic.
I think I’ll just sit it out and wait for the premium to decide if the game has changed enough. I’m not a big fan of the black and white compared to the LE package but could live with it.
But then I can’t believe I’m considering a Beatles over this. I’m complaining about the simplicity of Munsters code, yet Beatles seems even more simple.

Tough to offer any advice as I wouldn't consider buying either of those games before a lot of others. But, since you have a decently sized collection I think either would be good. If I had to choose, I'd probably go with The Beatles for variety.

1 week later
#7513 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I hope they do something with the laugh track.. it's just bad.. is there a way to turn it off in the menu?

It was said that the laugh track integrated into the video assets form the TV Show, no way to disable it.

#7541 5 years ago

I spent far too much time researching pillows when I bought my last bed (last year) and hands down the best pillow I could find was the Select Comfort Comfortfit Ultimate pillow:

https://www.sleepnumber.com/sn/en/All-Pillows/Pillows/p/pillow-comfortfit

It's similar to the "My Pillow," but pretty much better in everyway. Keeps my head cool. I can sleep on my back or side. You can adjust the fill, etc..

It's pricy, but they do go on sale. I even bought a small one for traveling.

2 weeks later
#7927 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Claiming it is the densest doesn't mean it is. It doesn't mean Stern's is inferior, it doesn't provide results of testing. They provided no numbers other than thickness measurements. Thickness does not equal density or hardness. I understand the anger in the thread was about preorders, that was part of my point. My main point is: people are bitching about Stern saving $12 per playfield when the premise is based on speculation from someone who has not tested Stern's playfields, and has little to no knowledge of what actually happens @ Stern.

It's already been done. But the results were dismissed because they didn't fit the narrative of those that say all playfields are the same.

#7929 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

They said in the other thread that they use thicker vainers so they can sand them more.

I read that too. I'm talking about hardness tests done with a rebound tester.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamprey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.