(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kkuoppamaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3998 5 years ago

A few quick pics from the CES unveiling, premium looks pretty awesome and there's even a multi ball in the lower play field

20190108_110043.jpg20190108_110043.jpg20190108_110256.jpg20190108_110256.jpg20190108_110327.jpg20190108_110327.jpg20190108_110333.jpg20190108_110333.jpg20190108_105223.jpg20190108_105223.jpg
#4169 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What’s the point of 4 buttons if you can’t play them both at once? I assumed that would be included.

I got to a mode where you had a multiball going on both playfields, total mayhem and I just ended up flipping all 4 continuously without any control whatsoever

#4312 5 years ago

Ok, I played about 6 games today on the premium so here are my first impressions. I did not play the LE or the Pro, so this is just based on the few games on the Premium. I do want to start by saying that I've never watched the Munsters so I have no emotional ties to the theme, but in general monster themes seem to fit the pinball genre pretty well. Also, I'm an average player at best (and even that's probably giving myself a bit too much credit) but have played most solid state pins to have an opinion on what I like. With that, here goes

I really liked the B&W Premium, next to the LE for some reason it seemed to work better with the theme. I know it's not for everyone, but definitely not bad and even the colored inserts didn't seem to be in conflict with the black and white theme. They layout of the playfield was great, the ramp shots were smooth and not too hard, and there was a lot (and I mean A LOT) to shoot.

The toys were well designed, although I have to wonder how easy it'll be to maintain the lower pf as it was packed with ramps and switches and stuff. Accessing the lower pf was not infrequent or hard, I think in one game I must have made it there like 5 times. The timer dictates how long you can stay there, and making ramp shots added time to the timer.

The game does a good job in guiding what to shoot and what to do next. There are several modes to go after, although I didn't quite get the hang of the rules based on just a few games. It felt to me that the ball times were long (again, in reference to my mediocre skills at best) and I even made it to the Munsters of Rock in one game. Granted, it was just code version 0.90, but if I can make it to the wizard mode then not sure what that means to the more skilled players.

I liked the multiballs, and there was one even on the lower playfield. I even got to a point where I had a multiball going on both playfield at the same time. Total mayhem, and impossible to control so I just kept on double flipping all 4 buttons at the same time. I think it'll take a little bit of practice to be able to control both pf's at the same time

I didn't really pay attention too much to the animations or call outs, but the animations that I saw seemed fitting to the theme and well made. The noise at CES prevented from really hearing the music or call outs so can't comment on that.

In a nutshell, I really liked it. Fun layout and plenty to shoot but I had to wonder what the long ball times mean for lastability or fun for better players

#4524 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Ok, I played about 6 games today on the premium so here are my first impressions. I did not play the LE or the Pro, so this is just based on the few games on the Premium. I do want to start by saying that I've never watched the Munsters so I have no emotional ties to the theme, but in general monster themes seem to fit the pinball genre pretty well. Also, I'm an average player at best (and even that's probably giving myself a bit too much credit) but have played most solid state pins to have an opinion on what I like. With that, here goes
I really liked the B&W Premium, next to the LE for some reason it seemed to work better with the theme. I know it's not for everyone, but definitely not bad and even the colored inserts didn't seem to be in conflict with the black and white theme. They layout of the playfield was great, the ramp shots were smooth and not too hard, and there was a lot (and I mean A LOT) to shoot.
The toys were well designed, although I have to wonder how easy it'll be to maintain the lower pf as it was packed with ramps and switches and stuff. Accessing the lower pf was not infrequent or hard, I think in one game I must have made it there like 5 times. The timer dictates how long you can stay there, and making ramp shots added time to the timer.
The game does a good job in guiding what to shoot and what to do next. There are several modes to go after, although I didn't quite get the hang of the rules based on just a few games. It felt to me that the ball times were long (again, in reference to my mediocre skills at best) and I even made it to the Munsters of Rock in one game. Granted, it was just code version 0.90, but if I can make it to the wizard mode then not sure what that means to the more skilled players.
I liked the multiballs, and there was one even on the lower playfield. I even got to a point where I had a multiball going on both playfield at the same time. Total mayhem, and impossible to control so I just kept on double flipping all 4 buttons at the same time. I think it'll take a little bit of practice to be able to control both pf's at the same time
I didn't really pay attention too much to the animations or call outs, but the animations that I saw seemed fitting to the theme and well made. The noise at CES prevented from really hearing the music or call outs so can't comment on that.
In a nutshell, I really liked it. Fun layout and plenty to shoot but I had to wonder what the long ball times mean for lastability or fun for better players

Ok, quick follow-up. I managed to get two games on the pro today so here are my quick thoughts on that. I'm usually leaning towards premium versions myself (with few exceptions, like GoT) but I have to say this one was very nice. I haven't looked at the actual differences between the models, but it the only meaningful difference is the lower playfield, I'd say pro is a good version to go for. Don't get me wrong, the lower playfield is nice, but it introduces an element of stop and go (while you wait for it to start) and it's a bit of a complication i.e. it's makes control harder and despite the ramps etc it's probably in the long run not that exciting.

With that, it felt like the pro version was a players game without too many compromises or missing features. I still like it a lot, but have a concern that better players might find it too easy. As I said I'm not a good player, but on my first pro play I managed to get to Munsters of rock (you can see that game on the dead flip pro version stream at around 2:56 mark).

If I were to purchase this pin, and I very well may, I'd definitely consider the pro version. Lot's of action and fun to play

#4838 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What are your thoughts about Premium vs Pro model? Im talking about the gameplay, not the cabinet art. Is the lower playfield a must have or something you think would get old after awhile?

I played both and although I’d like to play mores before locking the answer I’d take the pro over premium based on how it plays. The lower pf is nice but a bit gimmicky imho, introduces an element of stop and go and had a feel of less control. The Black and white theme is very nice though, I have to admit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kkuoppamaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=kkuoppamaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.