(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2325 5 years ago

Announcing games in December isn't new for Stern. I am betting the reveal and production will be starting this month.

#2367 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re right there is no threat because Stern’s copy and paste system, can’t be threatened. No other maker makes such simple no frills pinball tables than Stern. The great thing about Stern is their motto is: how good is good enough, cause we don’t care. I was at a pinball arcade and realized after playing a dozen Stern’s that they all began to blur and seemed to play and be near the same table. Just a couple ramps, with some plastics thrown here and there for a theme and relatively no motorized toys. DP with a slinky bash toy and IM with a lifting ramp. Not much at all in interactive toys. If the asking price were what they were just 7-8 years ago, then such a sparse amount of goodies is fine, but when the asking price is double that of 7-8 years ago, shouldn’t we expect a great deal more?
Even Stern’s boutique tables like Beatles and Primus cost an incredible $8,000.00 for not much at all. Cannot believe anyone would be sucked into paying that kind of money for so little in return. Those tables should only be no more than $3k to $4k tops.
We all need to vote with our money and just say no to Stern’s policy of giving very little in game toys, quality and code depth versus what other makers give us for our money spent. That would return pricing away from gouging us to being fairly priced again like it was just 7 years ago. When Tron could be purchased NIB for $3,800. Hoping Munsters will reflect a change in offering and fair pricing, but it probably won’t. Maybe if Beatles Boutique table does poorly Stern will rethink their strategy and return us to the good ol’ days of pinball. They would flourish if they did and make even more money than they do now.

Pinsider from down under with the username Thunderbird doesn’t have a Thunderbirds game? Now that is how you make a
$5,000 piece of shit with lots of items that check a box for supposed features. Except it is not fun. At all. Stern makes fun games.

#2395 5 years ago
Quoted from kevtronix:

That is uncle Gilbert over Lilly's shoulder. Not sure what is going on with Eddie's legs.

It’s a monkey down there. No big deal.

#2443 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

If Munsters is beginning to roll off the line, show it to all of us... what is there to hide? Promote it for goodness sake!

Don't worry, that will happen.

#2493 5 years ago

Not sure about Monday but if it’s going to be unveiled this year this week has to be the week. The following weeks will have lots of vacations.

#2509 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Monday for Munster ..... in the dumpster !

I don’t think Stern has ever revealed a game on Monday or Friday.

#2622 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sorry but I'll never understand this whole launch debate, its pretty much the same people buying these pins over and over again, will it deter u from a purchase with a late or early reveal? its happening so who cares? and its Stern so any day now they will make the announcement then within weeks people will have their games. Be happy.

I don't think anyone is angry here. We just love new pinball and want to see it! All happiness over here.

#2870 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I scratch my head at this comment. Why are you in on a Pro? Have you played it yet? Is it limited, will it sell out?
I personally have learned it is better to hold off and play first-then fall in love and pull the trigger. Way too many people buying blind and then selling their machines weeks later because the game did not click with them. The LE has a probability of selling out-if you want one get on a list. As far as the Pro goes-no need to go in blind unless you are a super Munsters fanatic and have to have it.

I have no issue when someone wants to spend their money on a pinball machine. He wants to have one of the first Pros and is excited to get it. All good. Of course they will be produced for years, etc but let the guy buy what he wants to buy!!

#2871 5 years ago

What was the last Borg Premium / LE model that was a must buy over the Pro?

#2874 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So you are dissing me because I am advising people to exercise patience. I wish people would have told me about patience when I first got into this addicting hobby. What is a couple weeks waiting? Patience Danial San!

Not dissing anyone. When you are excited about a game for whatever reason often patience and rationalization goes out the window. Many of us have been there. It’s great to be excited for something like this and I don’t blame him for wanting it NOW!

#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'm cheap. I buy Pro's. They usually flow better and play faster and less tweaking and adjusting. Just My preference. Probably what some others are thinking too. I don't usually need or miss the extras. Pro's are nice games.
Could I be blown away and buy a Premium or LE sometime. Sure.

I edited my question. My point is that Borg Pro models are usually the preferred choice anyway. Maybe this is the exception with the lower playfield but maybe not.

#2879 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

TRON LE, which preceded the Pro/Premium/LE leveling.

Tron LE is great, but that was a long time ago and Stern operates quite differently now.

#2885 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its time.....I think that the schedule was to release earlier, but fell behind.
Sales in the Majority of retail sectors, especially luxury items, have been down this year, as I hear.
True to what other industries do, I think the decision was to wait, so existing titles and
stock could have some sell through with vendors to the general public for the holidays,
reducing inventory, freeing up capital, as they know a new title would have us, the hobbyists
buying in the beginning of the year, with a predictable early demand.
Ive simply heard a couple weeks ago, of a lot of stock on hand of NIB of existing titles, that needed to be moved...
Anyone hear differently in their area? Vendors with empty "shelves?"

Art I think you are spot on here. If inventory was moving briskly Stern would have already announced to keep the trucks rolling to distributors.

#2886 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Reserved an LE, and what others do is completely fine....this is just me.

Awesome. Can't wait to see this thing and play it. I was so excited for Star Wars that I reserved an LE before announcement, canceled my LE order, bought a Pro while I was waiting for my Premium to ship. Is that rational or the "smart" thing to do? Hell no! But I had a blast playing my Pro and love SW Premium.

The folks that buy games right away are actually pretty important because they get the games into circulation quickly. We all have friends that buy most everything and sometimes sell quickly, not because the game is bad, just how they rotate. I think its cool when you have options and can go NIB or used secondary very shortly after release.

#2936 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

C'mooooooooon - just a little peek! No big deal. A quick scan and pdf of the full doc will do!
[quoted image]

He won't do it he is a distributor. But I am sure another Primus owner got one also!

#2964 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's Dwight. Star Wars pretty incomplete at launch. Ghostbusters pretty seriously broken for 2 years. I'm generously estimating 0.84, so Dwight, whatever state the code is in, call it at least 0.85 to make sure I'm wrong.

Star Wars was absolutely not incomplete at launch. It was pretty much done. I owned GOT, GB and SW. Dwight has been one of the best coders to have a complete game at launch recently. Seriously dude this is just classic VWhining.

#2966 5 years ago

Did you really just copy and paste the release notes? Dude. Way over dramatic.

How many of these have you owned / played extensively? You are a serious keyboard commando here. Way over the top PinMonk

#2968 5 years ago

Also keep in mind that was only two months after launch. Batman took two years. Two months....

#2970 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I find it amusing that someone with an avatar of Boba Fett typing on a keyboard call someone commenting on a Star Wars code post a keyboard commando.
No offense meant by it, I just found it funny.

Ha! No offense taken. But BS needs to be called out. It’s getting old. Dwight works his ass off to make awesome code shortly after a game is released. @xaqery has even chimed in recently so he is listening. Constructive criticism is all good but the whining gets old fast.

#2974 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ghostbusters code is not awesome.
Game of Thrones code is broken in a number of ways.
I love Dwight's way of thinking in crafting code, but take off the beer goggles. He has room to improve.
The End.

Everyone has room to improve. The end? Ok only if PinMonk says so...

#2990 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm really glad that there is proof (basically) that the game exists and is going to be available to us soon. Photo-shopped art is one thing, but a printed manual in the wrong game is quite different.
This will be a fun one, I believe, and a nice way to start the year.....

Proof? Were the photos of Munsters on the line at the Stern factory in photos Stern posted to social media not enough?

The manual really sealed the deal!

#3032 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

hahaha you are correct. They must not have made or left a big impression.

#jefffail

#3057 5 years ago

Teaser video today 12/28 or Monday 12/31. A series of leaked photos from various sources follows in the next 72 hours after the video. January 3 full reveal with high res photos and press release.

#3060 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I understand these hype thread posts are always fast and furious, but are people really excited with The Munsters as a THEME or just the PIN itself?

I pretty much get excited for all new pinball. Beatles was an exception for me.

Not a huge fan of the theme, but if the game is great I would consider anything regardless of theme.

#3076 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I was told $8300 for the LE....

Right next to Hilton’s $4700 pro.

#3154 5 years ago

I know TWiP is usually solid, but I can’t picture Stern doing a 100% Black and White Premium. Seems like a strange decision if true. Maybe the cabinet only.

#3268 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Gold needs to be $5999 and they will sell out.
Price is so insane, I haven't given this game any thought at all, which is a first for me

Agreed - This one was priced wrong. Maybe they could have got to that price without all the hands in the cookie jar. Add in the Kapow cheese and The Beatles license cheese and you get a crappy price. But would you have paid $5999 for Seawitch 2.0 without the Beatles theme?

#3271 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The Beatles licensing fee is kind of essential here

That was part of my point.

#3322 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ha! Points pretty directly to a dirty connotation in Japanese since MUNko is, um, inappropriate.

Good thing we are in 'Merica son! Also, no one put the "ko" on the end and misspelled the vulgar Japanese word. Except you.

#3541 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Again... stern is not a build to order setup. When you offer variations... that creates fragmentation in supply and inventory. Stern and distributors risk getting stuck with games and parts that have already been paid for... but unsold.

Yes - custom machines / made to order is not happening at Stern Pinball.

#3700 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Do any of your posts ever make any sense? I really struggle to understand what you're on about most of the time.

It’s called “Buble babble” and it’s a thing.

#3716 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Hmmmm, Black and White carpet underneath it.

Nice catch. I think the premium is barely in the frame also.

#4708 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I agree that the majority of the design is borrowed or copied from previous titles. He did the same thing with GOTG, it makes me think that he is under an unrealistic time restraint or something when designing? I am looking for complete originality and completely different and unique layouts. Bring back wide-bodies, subways, etc. I would like to see the 'magic' like the Bally/Williams glory days. This copy and paste design technique only adds to the whole 'cookie cutter' term that people tend to use to describe Stern games.

Borg has always copied or borrowed heavily from other designers. Tron is Funhouse with flow. You could overlay many fan layouts to prove similar points. GOTG “looks” like Metallica but shoots nothing like it when you physically play it.

Great shooting games do have similar properties. Look at a clunky layout like Rob Zombie. Not a fan layout. Unique. And it shoots like utter crap. All of this is just a bunch of whining.

#4977 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Domestic Pros supposedly the week of the 21st, the LEs the first week of Feb, then Premiums the first week of March. I have no idea why the gap is so big between the LE and the Premiums, but that's the official Stern schedule to dists.

This is not unusual. Premiums usually ship last, around 3 months after Pro models.

#4981 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

My distributor here in Canada told me 1st week of March for the Premiums.

Yeah so with the Pros shipping later this month, Premiums are on track for sure. Lots of chances to play a Premium at TPF I bet! I bet they have at least 5 Premiums there to play.

#5321 5 years ago

I believe Star Wars is the largest LE allocation at 800.

#5379 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

This is why Pinball became popular again.
The Pinball Arcade, Released
February 9, 2012

The reason I am here.

#5475 5 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Another issue I noticed today while playing the pro at Game Exchange. I was having a good game and then all of a sudden the whole machine completely blacked out? Then booted itself back up. Node board problem? I don't think I'll be buying these new Spike system games till they figure these node Boards out!

This happened a couple of times recently with Deadpool on .97 code at my friends house.

#5691 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't be shy about this opinion. It is correct, at least for the B/W era.

Shadow is a B+ game, but no where near as excellent as the other flagship titles. The very tight mode start shot alone is enough reason to ding the overall rating. Throw in the lack of humor except for a couple of cheesy Tim Curry modes and the average artwork and this game sits where it sits correctly. I have owned an awesome example, and like the game a lot, but to call it an all time great seems like a warped sense of reality.

#5768 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

To be clear I hate Chicago not Illinois.

But do you hate Elk Grove Village?

#5819 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So there are 100 or so left? Those are from Stern’s LTPM series run. No need to scalp on pricing when you have a License To Print Money. When LE’s are not sold out after a few weeks, the number of LE’s is too high imo and 500 should have been the upper limit on Munsters with 400 being a better amount. Better for collectors and the hobby to leave demand greater than supply. That allows an escape valve for anyone wanting to sell their game an an incentive to buy LE for those on the fence between premium and LE. The remaining LE’s will sell out in next few months but that will only benefit Stern and their Distributors, not the end buyer.

I would rather see 600 and everyone who wants an LE get one than the scalpers selling 20 of them for dumb prices. Thats why Kaneda was upset. With 600 he could no longer flip the LE for bucks.

1 week later
#6531 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hate to say it, but the more I play it, the more Munsters feels like the launch of bare-bones Batman '66. Almost exactly, actually. The video clips are better integrated and more plentiful, but where in Batman'66 you did simple things to finish each of the 4 villains, then had the battle when they escaped, in Munsters, you do a few simple things to finish Spot, Herman, Grandpa, Raven, Lily then have Munster Madness. There's a few multiballs and that's about it aside from the boosts and multipliers. Like Batman'66, you can get through it one time in about 10-15 minutes and see pretty much all there is to see except the video clips for the level II run though. Give it 20-30 minutes and you've completely consumed the entire game's Level I and Level II content. And if you're a reasonable player, you can do this in the first day or two you have it. There's easy, and then there's empty. Munsters, like the launch Batman'66, is essentially empty. Bright spot is at least it wasn't $15k.
Dwight has a LOT of work to do to bring this up to even acceptable. He should chat with Lyman who has experience re-thinking Batman'66 and making it actually good.

So you are saying you beat the all the level 2 modes? Bullshit.

1 week later
#7104 5 years ago

How about we post photos of all plastics and complain about them?

#7107 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Word. If anything, that proves he does a lot of fantastical elements GREAT, but faces are not the strength of Yeti.

All of the Eddie faces on Iron Maiden are awesome.

#7381 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Munsters shoots GREAT. It just needs something more than placeholder code to be a good game. I'm serious when I say in its current state it's VERY similar to the condition Batman'66 shipped in. Almost 1 to 1 comparison on what's there right now. It's a poor start and I hope Dwight is committed to making it as great as the art package and license demands.

Your position is very well known. No need to constantly repeat the same thing over and over. You do not like the code. You hope Dwight is Lyman. We understand.

1 week later
#7701 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm not saying I disagree, but counterpoint to this The Simpsons. That's one of the most complex rulesets ever, yet I have no idea what the hell I'm doing, really aside from basic modes, multi balls and hurry ups (because they're so incessant). Lots to have to read up on.
I want a GOT, but Dwight's "Ghostbuster-eque" rules worry me.

Huh? GOT rules are not in any way close to Ghostbusters.

1 week later
#7974 5 years ago

Wow. Thats impressive. The speaker panel looks great like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.