(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4353 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The person that said it was Stern’s best selling machine of all time is Joe Kaminkow, if he can be trusted. You’d think he’d know sales figures?

He probably equated "most expensive" Stern with "best selling".

#5062 5 years ago

Wow! The LE's must really be in demand for Stern to increase their number. I better get one quick before they're all gone. Should be an excellent investment.

#5220 5 years ago

Don't see how anyone can say that Stern (or any manufacturer) going back on their word like this is okay.

Is it a big deal? In my opinion, no. Upside is more people will get games and doubt it will have much affect on resale. Still doesn't make it right.

As others have pointed out, it's not the first time, so not a surprise and shouldn't expect it to be the last.

Just keep the possibility in mind when making purchase decisions in the future.

#5233 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

The nerve of Stern making pins people want and making money.

The nerve of Stern stating a specific number of LE's to generate quick sales then upping the numbers after the fact when sales are good to generate more money....cough Munsters...cough...BM66 SLE.

#5239 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Thank you Stern and staff for producing a beautiful machine and rethinking allotment for those that want the LE.

If demand is still going strong after 600 are sold, time to rethink that allotment again. Same reasoning should apply.

#5243 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ask yourself why they don't just go ahead and make 1,000 LE's. What do you think? Can you figure that one out?

Was about to say the strategy of increasing LE allotment if demand is strong will only work once, but nah...I suspect it will work over and over again.

Got to hand it to Stern, the way they're always playing around with their pricing strategies keeps us guessing.

#5558 5 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

I totally agree. Those side targets and drop targets on games are always so frustrating and never very satisfying......to me at least.

Yeah, me too. I hate having multiple things to shoot at when I play pinball.

1 week later
#6088 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

For me, when they started implementing ridiculous multipliers that someone can easily luck into to score big.

I think it's easier and requires less resources to make a game deep by using multipliers and intricate scoring rules than it does by using modes and story progression.

They don't need a bunch of sound, display and lighting effects to count from 1x to 40x.

#6237 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Everything in pinball is related to bill of materials. Did you ever consider Borg dropped the LILY targets and put in the single target to save the BOM for those items and use it elsewhere?

Agree. I expect the designers are on a pretty tight budget. Probably best to ask which feature(s) would you give up to get individual Lily stand-ups.

#6239 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A Pro model pinball machine shouldn't be a stripped down piece of shit.

As long as people from the "I don't care how stripped it is, as long as it's fun." camp are lining up to buy the game, why not?

#6244 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Are we being a bit generous in assuming that the price differential between a single target bank and drop targets is so big that it would make the pin uneconomical? It's not as if the pins have got any cheaper to buy.

Will people pay more for the game if they add a drop target bank? Will the lack of a drop target bank significantly hurt sales? If Stern thinks the answer to these questions is "no" then leave it out. Easy peasy.

IMO, you can probably apply these questions to every aspect of the game to understand the decision making process.

#6246 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No reason any more to waste a coil on a knocker any more. Let that be a generational thing. Folks new to pinball generally don’t know what it means anyway.

Even less important with most games going into home settings. Just disturbs the people in the other room.

#6517 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Deep and unique code adds value to a game and is part of the overall cost of a pin. I just don't see a lot of value being offered with Munsters due to the current state of its code. The level 2 and level 3 modes should at least offer their own unique animations and sounds.

The value is it's the only Munsters pin out there! From most accounts it also shoots well and is a lot of fun.

I recently got a Full Throttle and my wife was commenting that it was refreshing to get a game with easy to understand yet fun to achieve rules.

#6520 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Funny reading people outraged there is little code difference between levels 1-3. Especially since the rules structure is so similar with MBr which are also available, yet whose code will never change.

That and the price are the main reasons I never got a MB, gameplay didn't engage my interest enough to bring it home.

#6675 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Munsters next to TAF just showcases how empty Munsters is compared to a classic 90s game.

The only "toy" that interacts with the ball is Spot. TAF has so much more with the "oh my god did you see the hand grab the ball", the "man the power took control of the game" and the "vault opening"

Comparing TAF, a 4 flipper game with 2x the amount of stuff to Munsters is silly IMHO.

Who cares about that stuff? All that really matters is the theme and art...

They could remove more things and the game would play even faster. Everyone knows speed = flow = fun.

#6682 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Munsters is a far better game than TAF.

tenor.giftenor.gif

Quoted from Squizz:

BUT if Munsters doesn't win?
then there is a lot of egg on there face that it couldn't even beat a game that was made back in 1992.

My that measure, there is lots of egg flying in lots of faces then, IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.