(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1508 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Pinside has been removing the leaked photos. mnpinball stated they had been revised since those mock ups have been created.

Hopefully they decided to add flipper buttons now.

#1510 5 years ago

Apparently no humor is allowed on pinside today.

#1513 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

JodyG
I'll say it has flipper buttons. Pretty certain on that also.

Funny how uptight people can be in a place that is supposed to be their outlet for things they enjoy and have fun with. To those people: you're doing it wrong.

#1517 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I thought your comment was humorous - that's why I added flipper buttons to my list. It's good.
Safe bet it will have flipper buttons. All in for flipper buttons.
I am usually not a mod guy, but green light up buttons might be nice, depending on color of the cabinet of course.

No worries my friend, I was talking about the other guy

1 week later
#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since the Beatles photos are allready out there I woudn't neccesarily count Beatles into that.
Doing some research I found that JD wished for a Bill & Ted machine not only since our new rumour.
So if this thing is real I think it will be (licensewise) what'd blow his testicles.
So ok = Primus or Beatles, good = Munsters and "byoda" = Bill & Ted?
I still find it strange but maybe Stern just doesn't want Musters to compete with Monster Bash and Bill & Ted really gets pushed forward.

You are forgetting Elvira 3.

#1713 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I doubt there's a prototype of Elvira 3 yet. It probably still exists only as a layout.

You couldn't be more wrong.

1 week later
#1788 5 years ago

I am not so sure about a "wind down". Does Stern even shut down for the holidays besides a day or two for Christmas/Thanksgiving? Most smaller manufactures in the US keep plugging away if they have orders to fill.

1 week later
#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

keep in mind that there is now the Raw thrills mentality at Stern...

Time for you to prove some of these lies you keep spouting.

#1911 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IFPA works with Stern and in fact has partnered IFPA events with BBH competitions.
IFPA = Josh Sharpe, whom is a Raw Thrills employee.
Stern employee = Zach Sharpe
Stern consultant, license guru = Rodger Shapre.
Pretty clear that the Sharpe connection for Raw Thrills and Stern is real.
In case you had not realized, they were both using an identical contractor for some parts/ build out (not sure if still the case/ FUN is still making pfs?)
Time for you to look silly yet again

Written like a true conspiracy theorist. Does your doctor know you are off your meds again?

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Wouldn’t the Sharpe’s connection with Stern be a positive?

Not when you are a conspiracy theorist pinside serial poop disturber. Stern is the #1 manufacturer by a country mile for good reason. They seem to have the formula that makes them money and sells a lot of games. More than we can say for Hilton's bros over at Heighway games.

#1931 5 years ago

"Jersey Jack sells your photos taken on Dialed In to Amazon for their new facial recognition system that they are in turn selling to the government."

Sounds about the same as the nefarious things Stern is being accused of doing in this thread with their new "technology" that has not even been announced or seen yet.

#1980 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok, so I have to ask.
Why does Stern get caught up in Primus or even Beatles pinballs and distract from there cornerstone releases (sounds like delays now for Munsters).
I do understand that Stern is making money off of these machines- but if they could sell 3,000 or maybe more Munsters pinball machines I would think the upside is higher. (Sure higher than Primus).

Primus and Beatles are contract jobs. Every one of those machines is presold on Stern's end. They have a formula for what those machines cost, and the profit is a slam dunk for them. Stern is stupid to NOT offer these contract jobs when they are already presold to the group they are contracted to. I know its hard to believe, but some whiner on Pinside is NOT their target market...ever.

Have you seen how big the Stern design team is lately? Take a look at the Deadpool gameplay release video they did. The staff numbers are much higher than I once thought, and that is a big salary machine they need to keep feeding.

#2034 5 years ago

Is there some kind of ball save between the flippers?

#2182 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I posted this in another unrelated thread, but this is where it should go...
I think The Munsters is an Addams Family knock off cash grab trying to masquerade as a Monster Bash remake killer.
That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

You have not even seen a fully populated playfield yet. All you have seen is bare artwork and the bottom half of a pro model...you are a bit premature here, hoss.

#2201 5 years ago

Someone is trying a little extra hard to justify their Monster Bash order, and looking a little foolish. So you love MB...awesome, have fun with it! But don't come here and tell us Munsters is crap when you haven't seen the completed game, let alone gameplay. It reeks of either trolling, or juvenile over compensation.

#2215 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Lol @wyopin, you make a good point
@jodyg, no, I do not have to justify a MBrLE purchase, just like about 1250 others do not. I didn’t like DP, and IMDN has been the funnest Stern shooter of late, and it has no toys to speak of... so go figure. So do I take a risk on an unproven Stern title, or buy a Monster Bash, unknown, known, risky, safe? Does it matter? I have always loved playing and have always wanted to own a Monster Bash. That I had to pass on a Stern Munsters cash grab to justify it? Ok I will own that, and I will own my Monster Bash and have 20+ more years of fun with it (if I live that long). Ymmv.

Cash grab? Yeah...i've heard it all now! The game you just bought is literally the definition of a cash grab. Again, you haven't even seen a complete Munsters yet, but you already know it is a cash grab? You need to step up your troll game a bit, because a squirt of piss has a better chance of standing on its own than the bold claims you are presenting here.

#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I figure someone has to break up this Munsters love fest... besides I have nothing else better to do than make your lives miserable until my MBrLE shows up.

AKA trolling.

1 week later
1 week later
#2709 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I am still in therapy trying to overcome what Stern did to Star Wars.

I am not a Star Wars fan whatsoever. But I am totally in shock with how uninspiring and phoned-in looking this game is. It is one of the only games I will walk by and not play on location. At art is beyond bad. But it does very well on location...go figure. Theme sells.

2 weeks later
#3607 5 years ago

Some of you folks have expectations that cannot be realized. Stern could deliver you a 10 lb bar of gold for free, and you would complain about having to go somewhere to cash it in.

#3674 5 years ago

Some of the hype is reaching shill-level.

#3778 5 years ago

This thread today:

1344998898279631762 (resized).jpg1344998898279631762 (resized).jpg
#3945 5 years ago

I love when Pinside edge lords eat each other.

#3997 5 years ago

What version is he playing right now?

#4015 5 years ago

Looks like they held the line on pricing from Deadpool.

#4037 5 years ago

Gary doesn't approve of the lack of ball save.

#4083 5 years ago

Lower playfield looks awesome, but the gameplay down there doesn't do it for me. But visually, they all look great. It's a matter of how many games I need to sell to get one.

#4089 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Anyone know the street price on this game?

Same as Deadpool.

#4562 5 years ago

Everything modern Stern is $1 PP around here. There is one SW that is .50/pp, and the strange part is the same operator has every other new Stern (including other SW) set to $1/pp.

#4590 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A Duck Tales pin would be killer. Would be a great "crossover title" between Gen X current pinheads and the next gen.
Way Forward did a remake of the NES game a few years back with a shit load of new dialog from Alan Ladd Jr before he died. Wonder if that could be used?

There's no good excuse other than licensing for not having a Sonic the Hedgehog pinball yet.

#4720 5 years ago

Layouts always seem to share elements and shots. It hard to really innovate these days with cramped project design time allotments. GB is an example of a game that probably could have used some more whitewood time, because the layout was pretty outside the box at the time.

20181128_173512 (resized).jpg20181128_173512 (resized).jpg
#4738 5 years ago

I'd almost rather have some amazing looking 3-D mini scene under a clear window on the playfield than have a playable one that turns into a bore to play. Like the Doozers on a Fraggle Rock themed machine.

#4757 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Ever since Future Spa, 93.1% of all successful pins are a fan layout.
Might as well get used to it.

And people would declare a national emergency if Stern released a modern game with a similar layout to Police Force.

#5012 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Exactly. Gary/Stern is all business (period).

You want to talk integrity, even after losing the license bidding against Stern, Spooky offered to help out as they have a wealth of knowledge on the subject etc... just crickets from Stern. Stern could have easily thrown Spooky a bone here, instead... gave the bone.

LOL this isn't the boy scouts. This is a business. Spooky offering to help Stern and not understanding why Stern wouldn't laugh in their face makes me question the business aptitude of the folks over at Spooky.

#5019 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

If you want integrity, maybe look elsewhere.

So you are saying this is an example of lacking integrity? Stern has to answer to their investors, not you or Spooky. Helping your competition out would be detrimental to Stern in every sense. That is actual integrity in the business world. Your use of that word here is quite misplaced. Spooky needs to stop being so naive and keep their mouths shut on their plans in the future if they don't want to get sniped out of the next license.

#5034 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Stern made a mistake in the pinball's animation !!

I'm out!

lol

#5122 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Anyone that is canceling their LE order please PM me what distro it is from. I have a close friend that wants one.

There's two on eBay at MSRP.

#5181 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

The same exact amount Stern is allegedly increasing. $1,799.80 ea unit. $1,799.80 x 500 = $899,900...

LOL, no.

#5187 5 years ago

If Stern's goal in adding 100 LE's was to make a certain podcaster lose his shit... JOB WELL DONE!!

#5414 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Go to the game settings and lower the scoop coil power. Now your game plays perfect.

There is a location machine near me where the operator refuses to make this adjustment on the two scoops in Ghostbusters. I guess he wants super short ball times.

#5474 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

With the way each release get's a price increase, I'm sure the premium and LE's would have more than enough credit to apply the drop target banks.

Yeah! Except you are wrong. There was no price increase on this.

#5779 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I think all the LEs are now sold out.

Nah, they can just add another hundred.

4 weeks later
#7382 5 years ago

I finally got some plays on a pro this weekend. The game shoots nice, and I wasn't necessarily disappointed. However, it didn't suck me into it by any means. The middle of the playfield feels a bit empty, and it seems to have a lot of cheap side drains. I have 0% hope that Dwight will retool the code given his relative lack of interest in any wholesale changes to Ghostbusters. Frankly, the guy seems a bit lazy and afraid of doing extra work compared to Lyman...that's the impression I took from his recent interview. I was pretty well leaning toward buying one when it was first announced, but I think waiting a year is prudent for me at this point. I did not like GOTG a year ago, and like it enough now to have purchased one thanks to the recent code updates. So maybe Munsters will have the same effect on me. But it isn't doing it in its current state.

#7392 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But you said, "Stern is not good at finishing the code once the game is done"....that's why you are getting downvoted, because nobody agrees with that ridiculous general statement.

Ghostbusters owners would like to have a word with you.

#7560 5 years ago

Gold Legs are reserved for nothing but the classiest of pinball machines.
DSC_0567 (resized).jpgDSC_0567 (resized).jpg

20180703_183747 (resized).jpg20180703_183747 (resized).jpg

#7567 5 years ago

I am not much of a fan of powder coating in general. Anything but black starts to look like a 16 year old's 2004 Honda Civic decked out with a fart can and plasti-dip covered wheels.

#7588 5 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Where in NYC can we play an LE? Did Sunshine or Modern get one?

Sunshine took delivery of 2 LE's this week.

#7601 5 years ago

Everything is a B or B+ anyway

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.