(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1121 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did you listen to the podcast more than once?
The issue of cost was specifically asked and specifically stated not crazily priced.
Unless your saying he’s full of shit.
Didn’t say it was cheap but they make Beatles everything from magnets, backpacks,lamps, bedding, really everything you can imagine.

Well you cant charge 15k for a seawitch tweak and reskin. I'm hearing premium price or close to that which is still crazy money for a throwback design. Hopefully it has some innovative and new stuff to make it worth it.

#1123 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If it’s a classic design with great art, lcd display, good music integration, shaker etc....I have no issue with it being 7-8k.

I love classic designs, I can buy 3-4 great ones for that. It's going to have to come together (see what I did there) as an amazing full package to sell at that price.

2 weeks later
#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I love comedy, good comedy that is. Sorry but if you find pinball humor to be "quality comedy" then I really having nothing else to say.

Some are pretty funny. MM and AFM have a few funny lines, CFTBL has tons of funny stuff, RZ takes it to a whole new edgy level with Captain Spaulding. There are several others but those are the top 4 that come to mind.

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Add SS and FGY to your list and you have a comedy six pack.

SS also has some good ones. For what ever reason I really like FG the show but the pinball machine just doesn't do it for me.

Now if stern would have stayed with Archer instead of IMDN we would have had some good lines in it.

#1569 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Apologies Munsters fans for off topic
I just don't want to see future titles ruined by BS !
AP is gonna bow to the keyboard jockeys
Hope Sterns got some balls

Stern has proven many times that they dont give a shit about pinside comments and if you say anything negative on Facebook they will just block you. They give zero shits about that stuff. Its heres the game, dont like it just wait 3 months and we will try again.

4 weeks later
#1905 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Play a game without the glass installed and in a few minutes your #1 in the country! Top that. Seriously

That's really going to help you when you play a real tourney.

Everyone's fear of online connected pinball is silly. There are tons of options to push pinball forward and add interesting features.

Quoted from JodyG:

Time for you to prove some of these lies you keep spouting.

Good luck with that.

#1907 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

You can't realistically compete in pinball unless you play the same machines or switch playing 2 (or N really) machines.
Kinda the reason NFL teams switch ends during the game.
Thought everyone knew that. And if you're just playing the same machine why not just post the results yourself rather than have some machine do it?

Who said there would be formal competitions online? You do realize there are tons of other options right? This is not going to change how pinball tourneys use the same game at the same location.

#2223 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

When you are going to own the game for a long time and you are a good player, it's actually one of the most important things to consider.

Not for me. Every crazy deep journey type game gets old to me the fastest. I'll still have Flash Gordon and every last one of the 12 billion lines of code games will be long gone.

Being a good player and home buyer has nothing to do with needing crazy deep code. You just prefer games like that.

#2257 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern started that resurgence prior to the competition arriving.
I'll reiterate my previous assertion: The competition is not taking sales away from Stern from their perspective.

I'm pretty sure that if anyone buys a NIB game that is not from stern that stern sees it as a lost sale. Your argument makes no sense. Stern is pretty aggressive when it comes to what they feel is their market.

#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Agree the climate is much different these days. To compare a game that came out 25+ years ago to a new Stern is not a good comparison. I'd have a hard time believing Stern can make a better game than Addams.

I doubt anyone is going to convince you otherwise then. Many of us think they have already made several games better then taf.

#2282 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern started it in the beginning of this decade with a series of quality titles. Tron, AC/DC, Metallica......it spread from there.

I'm guessing you were not in the hobby back then because that's not what happened. But please keep telling people that were in the hobby how it went down.

#2284 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Please, keep telling me when I got into the hobby.
Please tell us more, Carnac the Magnificent.

Lol, you are always so over the top with your arguments.

So were you in the hobby then, you somehow left that out. Nothing wrong with being newer to the hobby if that's the case.

#2286 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

By then, the LE models had started making Stern some nice inflated profit. More sales were moving to the home user. Old Jack was liking what he was seeing, and decided it was time to jump in, but didn't have a game out until 2013. In the meantime, Tron hit, followed by AC/DC. Stern fueled the resurgence and made it possible for other to be successful. I say possible, because many have failed.

Strange I remember tron coming out early 2011 ish and was not being received that well. The LEs were pretty much the same price as the regular model and they were available for a pretty long time. If only I could go back and buy several for 5k. Same thing with avatar and rolling stones LEs. So I'm not sure what LEs you are talking about that was making them a pile of money at that time. Maybe the Lotrle in 2009? But once again it was not crazy priced or really inflated yet.

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern had LE's (if not in name) starting with Spider-Man Black in 2007. LOTR and Avatar followed, then Tron and Transformers.
They were geared to home user/collector market. And yes, they were more expensive. Not sure why you think Tron LE was the same price as the Pro.

I dont remember there being much of a mark up. Maybe $500 on tron at the most, it might have been $250. I do remember for sure that I could have bought several for 5k or less. Seems like I remember one for $4600 NIB even. Poor decision on my end.

#2290 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Used the Web archive to go back to 2011. My distro's site wasn't backed up on his prices page, so just picked Game Room Guys as a random alternative. Their prices are high, but are consistently high among all Stern's different models. Quite the gap between Tron Pro and Tron LE.[quoted image]

Dont know man, I dont remember them going for anything close to that until about 18 months later when everyone decided it was awesome. Someone that bought one would have to chime in with what they paid. I ended getting a pro nib, think it was $4200 or something like that.

#2299 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

So easily $1,500 more than a Pro...perhaps even more.

I'm telling you man, they did not sell and were going for a ton cheaper. Believe it or not, that's what was happening in my area. I wasn't using any of the forums much so I have no clue what online stores listed them for.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I paid $3800 NIB for my Tron.

Great deal now, though we all thought that was crazy and they cant go up much more. Lol, we were very wrong.

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Announcing in Dec would let them save face and not miss the 3 cornerstore/year target again. I can see that happening.

Save face from who?
IMDN
ACDC Luci vault
ST vault
Supreme
Deadpool
The Beatles
Primus

Seems like a pretty busy year if I'm remembering the 2 vault games correctly. Maybe Luci was last year?

2 weeks later
#2789 5 years ago

I've gotten to were I just check this thread every week or so and scroll through it looking for MNPINBALL posts. Really filters out all of the noise.

#2946 5 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

Sorry, Can't release the Manual. Enjoyed the Zima comments.
[quoted image]

Pin looks awesome. It and your beverage choice are both zomething zifferent

#3012 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is today the day???

Not likely, I heard 1/8 a few weeks ago.

#3014 5 years ago
images (1) (resized).jpegimages (1) (resized).jpeg
#3041 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

...It's been delayed or placed out of order or what ever you want to call it flynnbust. Also the Pro Exports have been done and the Domestic Pros have been on the line for a week or two. Delayed in my book.

Or it's perfectly on schedule

1 week later
#3783 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I concede. Your point is well made.
Your hypothetical opinion of how the art MIGHT look depending on how they may or may not have created it is a rock solid analysis of the aesthetics of the actual machine.
I’m no longer interested in seeing it.
That’s how convincing you are, Sir.
Happy reveal day, Everybody!

You better settle down or he's going to break out a graph on you.

All joking aside I'm looking forward to seeing this one. We will have plenty of time to over analyze everything soon. For now, let's embrace the reveal excitement.

#3840 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's just that my head is spinning from the idea that Stern is at CES to generate press and hype!
I wonder what other nefarious tricks they have up their sleeves!

I heard they were going to hire that Jared guy for social media but with a very tight muzzle and a shock collar.

#3875 5 years ago

So when's the stream.....

#3895 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What if I'm in Belgium?!

then you've already seen the stream

#3899 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

They sent me my Gold Ignore Button plaque just yesterday... working on my Diamond one as we speak...

You can't skip over your platinum

#4554 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't pay for $1 games- I walk away. Maybe I am spoiled by the 1Up business model where 95% of the machines are set to $.50. Also other routes around my hood are all usually at $.50 a play, unless newer premium model. If you can get $1 a play for Pro's-more power to you.

Can't say that I understand someone that owns 34 games but won't pay $1 per play.

Most that I see are $1 per play or 3 plays for $2. A few barcades have them on 0.50 but they are making their dough on alcohol. Others have a $10 to play all day fee. All are dirt cheap considering maintenance and original cost.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
5,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 210.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.