(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8,181 posts
  • 659 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by guss
  • Topic is favorited by 110 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 950 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (1 year ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3828 10 months ago

90 minutes away, right?

#3931 10 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Translation - IMDN and DP price increase incoming later today!

LOL, well played

#3943 10 months ago

Anyone else bumping Type O Negative waiting for the live stream?

#3950 10 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Summer breeze makes me feel fine... @herbertbsharp... does Balston Spa still have the Sugar Shack restaurant?

LOL I love me some Type O, Munsters got me thinking of Black No. 1. No the Sugar Shack is long gone. It might have been before my time because I don't even know it and I was around in the 90s. Were you living in the area?

#3964 10 months ago

Dammit, I'm bumping Type O, watching The Mechanic, eating tacos, partying up and getting ready for the reveal. Then I get the text my wife is coming home in 15 minutes. Party crashed LOL

#3976 10 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Bummer. Party starts when my wife gets home.
[quoted image]

LOL Don't get me wrong, my wife is awesome, but the dogs are gonna go nuts and she'll be firing up the Kardashians or Real House Wives of the OC in no time

#3982 10 months ago

lower playfield looks pretty sick

#3984 10 months ago

L̶i̶m̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶E̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ Premium black & white all over

EDIT: Oops misheard dude on video

#3994 10 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That doesn’t sound awesome...

Well, to be fair her friends would probably say the same thing about me: smokin weed in my sweat pants listening to 90s goth rock watching pinball on my laptop in the dining room

#4075 10 months ago

You guys think Elvira is still coming? Seems too similar to release the same year

#4369 10 months ago

Does anyone know if you can stream The Munsters anywhere? I checked Hulu, amazon, & Netflix.

3 weeks later
#6351 9 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

Whodey compares pinball to food instead of cars
You're speaking my language now brother

True dat, gimmie some Chicago Deep Dish code

ls (resized).jpg
#6672 9 months ago
Quoted from westofrome:

How much was Addams selling for new in 1992?
If it was $2900 that's about $5200 in today's dollars. So it's equivalent to a Pro price-wise. Correct me if I'm off on the price, though.

That's just inflation though, that doesn't include economies of scale when you are making 20k units of just one model. They were also making 10s of 1,000's of other models at the same time. I'm sure coils and the like are a lot cheaper when you are buying 300,000+ at a time.

4 weeks later
#7916 8 months ago

Is there any evidence that a thicker veneer is harder?

Why are people taking the word of a company that basically used the $12 saving crap to deflect anger away from themselves? Remember: the thread that info came out of was about CPR's "meaningless pre-orders". Now people are grabbing the torches and quoting speculative info from a company far less professional and supportive than Stern.

Quoted from Wotto:

Dimples.
Who really gives a rats about it.
Buy a game.
Play the game
Enjoy the game.

Seriously

EDIT: Missed the last few posts when I typed this, at least some others are on the same page

#7923 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Damn, there's a serious amount of delusion around here.
From the SAME PARAGRAPH:
"You get a much nicer product and a much denser and tougher PF."
Denser is harder. What? You doubt this is what he meant? Well, then read on...
"We use the best densest hardest custom wood we can get..."
Densest. Hardest. Right next to each other in their own words. Satisfied?

Because NO ONE is saying that CPR puts out an inferior playfield product that craters even the same as a current Stern, let alone worse. No one - because CPR has earned a reputation for playfields that are about legacy hardness and have improved durability compared to the 80's SS originals and similar durability to the original 90's DMD PFs.
The "anger" of that thread (which is a completely separate issue) was due to the way their preorder lists were handled on a couple highly anticipated titles because people were MAD THEY DIDN'T GET AN AWESOME CPR PLAYFIELD they signed up for. If CPR made crap PFs that wouldn't be the case.

Claiming it is the densest doesn't mean it is. It doesn't mean Stern's is inferior, it doesn't provide results of testing. They provided no numbers other than thickness measurements. Thickness does not equal density or hardness. I understand the anger in the thread was about preorders, that was part of my point. My main point is: people are bitching about Stern saving $12 per playfield when the premise is based on speculation from someone who has not tested Stern's playfields, and has little to no knowledge of what actually happens @ Stern.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside