(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#424 5 years ago

Would someone please PM me the pics? ;_;

#469 5 years ago

No Pro?

I bet Premium sides will be identical and one of the 2 sides will be the Pro (if there is one).

#470 5 years ago

Premium Side reminds me strongly of Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle...

Is Stern evil?

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can see a shooter rod on the left side of the Premium pic, so there is a Pro, it just wasn't leaked for some reason. ****** can't even leak right.

JEHOVA

JEHOVA

JEHOVA

1-20160704230719.gif1-20160704230719.gif

Oh, and: Good!

#521 5 years ago

Monster Bash Remake got a new competitor...

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Would it be safe to assume then that the Pro won't have a sub-PF for Grandpa's basement while Prem/LE do (similar to ACDC)?

Is that speculated... more "wishful thinking" feature fact allready?

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Let’s hope they don’t cost cut this title into oblivion. The license itself provides plenty of chances to be special. With a team of Borg and Dwight it has all sorts of potential!
I’m sure we’ve “lost” out on a lot of cool stuff over the last few years due to the above mentioned practice. Definitely run by the bean counters now.
My personal opinion, recent Sterns all feel $100-200 short on the BOM. While our tangible price paid keeps going up and up.
An extra $100 or so on the playfield could turn what was ok into really good, and equate to additional pins sold. Let’s be realistic, we’d certainly see and feel it if they did.
The tight budget they force upon each title is making them so homongenus.

I don't neccesarily agree (in full) since Stern is backpedalling, giving us things like wireform ramps and service rails back.

But yes kinda wish they'd do a mindblowing new great mech 'more often'. (Not saying they don't have them.)

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It's hard to show, but I was quoting a response to someone asking someone "in the know" ...

Didn't know that he was "in the know". I just thought he was making up (good) ideas with his ****.

-> I have lots of GREAT ideas for Superman, but I know they will never make it in the game!

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Service rails are great. Glad they are back on Pros. But we had them in the past. For what the cost of the machines are now, we're paying for them twice

100% agree on your last point. I'm sure they have some mindblowing mechs and the ability to create more. We seldom see them. They get left on the cost cutting room floor. When you strip so much, and so often, it doesn't leave much room for "the magic" to happen. Like trying to force a watermelon through a keyhole.

Problem is you can't nowadays compare abaout everything else (mass manufactured manufatured in China) to a pinball machine, built by hand and in the US (whereby there will be a reason the language on the assembly line seems to be spanish). So a pinball machine is not that expensive in comparison if you take that into account. And Stern needs the "on location" so with everything they make they have to bear the pro model in mind.

Every designer says they start with the Premium and then downgrade but I don't quite believe that seeing the changes gameplaywise are mostly minor... as long if your name is not Steve Ritchie (just throwing out upper or lower playfield or toy like hyperloop alltogether).

Batman 66 is different. But that gigantic mech (hate it if you like but as a mech it's astonishing) would not have been built if there had to be a pro model.

#650 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I truthfully dont want a lower playfield because i just dont like them. You dont have to have a lower playfield to have grandpas basement. That could be shown on animation after shooting the ball into the basement.

"Take that physicality off my pinball machine!!!"

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

No, not every designer. Ritchie and Trudeau have said that. Borg has said he starts with the Pro.

He's obviously wrong.

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yup. There's a reason why Borg's Pros are so solid, and sometimes what he adds to the Premiums seems forced.
Generally, Ritchie's games seem to be lacking on his Pros.

But being the best in total.

Honestly, who does the Vaults? Spiderman Vault, Star Trek Vault, ACDC Vault...

Little bit of trolling aside: Yes, of course there is a flipside to everything. I think Star Wars Pro is lacking as hell, but Star Trek Pro plays generally the same and GoT while playing totally different is a great Pro!

What was this thread originally about?

#662 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

If i was rich, I'd buy an AC DC Luci Vault. I love the Luci model. And that is a machine I'd like to own one day... But, honestly it's like 7th or 8th on my list of new machines. And if I decide to start buying old machines again then it's like 30th... But, I really only want to buy new machines as I just don't like the maintenance on the older machines.

Hmmm... There's not a lot (if at all) of maintainence when buying any recent HUO game and to be honest the game I had to do the most maintainence was a NIB TNA (mostly resoldering about 1 or 2 LED a week), wich was really bugging me because it sat in a spot where I could not easily open it.

In the same spot sits a Johnny Mnemonic who doesn't need any maintainence at all for the last 1 1/2 year... after tinkering with it for 2 weeks when I bought it or so. - But if that's not for everyone I can understand it of course.

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I own a SW Premium and love it. I can also admit that the SW Pro plays great. I know SW fans lost their shit because it's not full of toys, but if you can get past that it's a hell of a lot of fun to play. I'm not convinced that tossing an upper or lower playfield or magnets or whatever into the mix would have made it play better.

From what I've read here SW Pro absolutely crushes on route, so the randos must be finding the coin slot even if they can't figure out how to play it.

It says "Star Wars" on it so of course it crushes on route.

And while I kinda started that whole discussion I have to say Star Wars pro plays smooth like butter. But so does every other Ritchie game, that have more interresting stuff on them and easier to learn rules.

1 week later
#796 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Until you have the benefit of perspective only time can impart, sometimes to a creator that's too close to a project, it's not clear that work you THINK is your best is not objectively your best.

That escalated quickly.

You should listen to that interview, he actually was very cautious what he was saying.
Of course he is proud that the game is deep, but he aknowledges it's kinda overly convoluted.
He actually says he want's to make a game that is more nearable (is that a word?) like T2 but with depth like GoT or SW for home consumer market.

1 week later
#867 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Lonnie doesn’t really have the best reputation for revisiting or taking great pride in his work, which is why Transformers for example suffers from many shortcomings that were never corrected.

They should totally Vault that with the 80s animation license and revamped Code.

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Mad Max
The Fifth Element
Back to the Future
Blade Runner
Pulp Fiction
Alien (so close)

Hmmm...

- Mad Max
I personally don't like Mad Max but I think it would be a great IP for pinball, wich is oldskool but still relevant thanks to the new movie

- Back to the Future
No brainer

- Blade Runner
Instant buy for me, not sure about the IP in general. But Blade Runner is a license wich is way more successful outside the domestic market, so I assume a Blade Runner Pin would sell better in europe than most superhero Pins. But with Blade Runner beeing no action movie and the plot not really easy to Digest, how the heck would they make a pinball machine out of that.

- Pulp Fiction
They say it's coming. Cult classic, but I don't care...

- Alien
Yeah, they really should make one. *cough*

#981 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What themes do you want to see?

What I honestly wish for is a family friendly IP that caters to an adult audience also (not the other way around).

So NOT a Deadpool with his jokes dumbed down to an elemantary school level.

But something like Phineas & Ferb, Gravity Falls, My Little Pony (honest) or *drummroll*...

LEGO!!!

The Lego Movie (or Lego in general) would be awesomely great and everyone of us can build is own custom mods, his own world under glass, and everyone, young an old, knows and loves Lego.

For myself, I'd sell my testicles for an "Akira" pinball machine.

#1030 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Watching for an announcement ... it may not be timed for Expo... but I don't think it is very far off.
[quoted image]

I do. Deadpool Premiums are not even shipping yet, so why should Stern haste?

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

My Opinion
Munsters only announced to take sales away from MBR
Beatles will be at Expo a basic old 70s Stern Rehash but Super Super $18k LE
No Dutch Pinball

It's allready confirmed that it won't be anything near super LE pricing.

#1063 5 years ago

As always: Noone would tell you "You know man, my next game will be really shit. Better pass on it from the getgo."

It will be good.
How good we'll see.

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Really all boils down to what is ready to roll and $$$$. If I'm not mistaken, Kaminkow when interviewed months ago said his rumored(Beatles) title was pretty much ready fall/4th quarter.

He said target is CES end of January. Doubt they'll be done sooner if that is the projected schedule.

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

No offense meant to Twip. But if some of the noise about Beatles moving up is any way even considered partially from here it's way off base...

Lol

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

That would make The 3 cornerstone games. Hopefully.

Counting Beatles, Ritchie, Elvira 3 and Brian Eddy...

Well it COULD be, if we don't Count Beatles as a "cornerstone", because it has no Pro/ Premium/ LE Model.

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Isn't Elvira a side game like PBR and WHOA NElly?

Whoa Nellie was a "Boutique" for Stern. (That's what they called it, and that was Boutique before there was Boutique Pinball.)

Pabst Can Crusher (wich is a Whoa Nellie), Supreme (Spider Man Home) and Red Bull (Iron Maiden) for promotional purposes of a customer. (I forgot Sterns term for that; there is one.)

Elvira is neither of that at least and Beatles is known to be ONE MODEL ONLY, so it wouldn't count as cornerstone.
With Batman 66 there was a 3-Tier System, altough Pro left and came back as Super-LE.

#1101 5 years ago

I think they were named contract games.

Thank you! That was it.

#1175 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Which game is it that will have Gomez design in it? He had mentioned in one of the podcasts that a new title next year would have his design influences.

Beatles since Kaminkow cant design s***!

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is it Seawitch or not? A modified Seawitch layout by Gomez?

Why would anyone do this?

2 weeks later
#1330 5 years ago

If you watch the Stern Live Tour on their FB page, you can overhear a conversation with John Borg and Todd Tuckey, where Borg mentions his new game coming out next month.

So: Munsters is still next and it's coming in November!

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Ding Ding - again
re: post 1325

Is that video that old allready?

Oh my, gimme some LIVESTREAMS from Expo.
(There were some the years before, weren't they?)

And for that FB video. Borg says it's his favorite game together with Metallica and his first one...
...wich I still think is pure marketing BS, but everyone who is looking forward to a pin about a black an white sitcom who's long forgotten might like to hear this (again).

Now I go watch some silent movies.

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

No marketing BS - it's a theme John has wanted to do since 2009 .... This is going to be really good !

That it's a theme he wants to do doesn't make it work out (like Steve Ritchies lates efforts and struggles with license holders).
But with a license this old that should be no problem.

So, yeah. Maybe it will really be great.
I hope for every game to be a great game.

#1344 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Addams Family was an old B&W sitcom...then became a smash movie and the #1 selling pin of all time. Spooky-Funny has always worked well for pinball...if done right, this game could be “Stern’s Addams”.

Uhm... not to take from the game but from your argument:
That was 20+ years ago and to a new movie coming out as you say.
There is no Munters movie...

#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m just saying - Spooky campy comedy works for pinball. Not saying the game will be good or sell well...just saying it has potential to have the same vibe, and that’s a vibe people find entertaining.

That is, of course, right...

I'm just curious how well that game will really do, since the license is that old now.

#1421 5 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

If released next month, how long does it typically take to actually get one?

Depends how quick you order. About 3 weeks?

#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The guy that did a colorization test portfolio for Munsters ...

Test?

I know the b/w series but I remember seeing the Munsters in the 90s in color.

Was that colorized or a new series?

#1426 5 years ago

Just checked my memory: The 1964 Munsters were first shown in 1991 in germany... and therefore they had to colorize it (I assume sine I and everyone else in german forums remeber it colorized).

But somehow that seems lost, since the reruns and DVDs now are in b/w. (I've seen the b/w series AFTER I've seen it in color.) Strange.
Maybe the rights to the colorization belong to that TV station.

1 week later
#1671 5 years ago

Munsters confirmed!

(resized).jpg (resized).jpg
#1689 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So Jack Danger mentioned on a stream that he went to Stern photo shoot 3-4 days ago . Three upcoming games were there. One was “ok”. One was”Good” and one was “Blow your Dic! off amazing”. So what is the third Game? I’m guessing that Beatles was good and the ok game is the rumored Primus reskin of Whoa Nellie. That would mean Munsters will be turning all of us into unics
I cant imagine another major release would be shown this early. Any other thoughts?

Since the Beatles photos are allready out there I woudn't neccesarily count Beatles into that.

Doing some research I found that JD wished for a Bill & Ted machine not only since our new rumour.
So if this thing is real I think it will be (licensewise) what'd blow his testicles.

So ok = Primus or Beatles, good = Munsters and "byoda" = Bill & Ted?

I still find it strange but maybe Stern just doesn't want Musters to compete with Monster Bash and Bill & Ted really gets pushed forward.

#1693 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Who is JD? I have not heard of anyone mentioning BillandTed. Yes I saw that photo that looks highly photoshopped.

JD = Jack Danger

Uhm,... every Picture you get to see is photoshopped, the Munsters Mock ups as well.
That is an argument for nothing.

That Pic came from JDs Facebook page and facebook image quality is low ass anyway.

#1694 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Oh JD = jack danger. Interesting but I hope your wrong. Munsters is way more interesting to me. Who would even have designed it at this stage.

If Borg is on Munsters that only would leave Brian Eddy.

Edit: I'm more for Bill & Ted but I can't afford a new machine anyway at the moment so I'll let you be first.

#1699 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You are forgetting Elvira 3.

The former poster as well. But Elvira 3 is still way off either, so...

Quoted from PinMonk:

Wasn't Brian Eddy on Jaws?

Jaws itself is not even enough of a rumor to make TWIP rumors, but yes, that is what is 'speculated' here on pinside.

Interresting times to say the least.

I mean, even that we may get 2 Stern machines in one month!

#1701 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

The "amazing" one mentioned is Munsters .......

Even if true: Have fun getting your 'Dic blown'.

#1712 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Has Beatles even really been "Announced" officially? I think people just found the images and some unlinked pages on the Beatles store. I don't think Stern would consider it an Announced game yet.

According to the Beatles store Website the announcement is 6th November.

The press release was pushed up because of that site being live I suppose.

#1717 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure on some podcast Dennis said it as been completed for a while?

His work has ended and he was basically done, but the game wasn't.

So he himself doesn't know (and said) if the mechs will all be in the final product; Gomez said a while ago that they've not even started coding it.
So I don't think that the art package is ready yet with so much things propably subject to change.

#1722 5 years ago

A great use of the shaker motor in the Munsters would be when Herman throws a fit and starts pounding his feet.

He will pound his feet a lot when Bill & Ted is announced first next week!

3 weeks later
#1867 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If it is TPF, thats a big gap between games - DP was late August. That’s over 6 months.

There'll be Bill & Ted inbetween!

#2019 5 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Obviously fake, look at all the pixels!

#2142 5 years ago

While I think Franchis (and Packers) work ist way better then most things we got from Stern the years before, I was not always 100% happy with it.

Not beeing the fault of the artist but the Pro/ Premium/ LE Model tiers, looking at Guardians of the Galaxy, you don't get 3 totally different art packages but 3 different art packages made of mostly the same assets.

On top of that, while Guardians of the Galaxy is totally packed, in my opinion it's crammed and lacks a bit of (color) composition.

Not the case with Musters. The sides of the cab are one piece of art (even with Assets reused in the LE, the b/w color composition makes it one unique art package) and the playfield has a center artpiece and the sameish green/ purple color composition that the Pro/ Premium cabinet has.

So for me at least, this one is Franchis finest pinball work yet!

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

All of this talk about lack of toys and interactivity is making me smile. I think we should wait until we get a reveal of features. I wouldn’t worry.

That's your cough medicine.

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Completely agree. I was hoping Iron Maiden and Deadpool were the start of something new and different at Stern. I feel like by having Metallica and TWD I’ve got enough Borg designs in my game room. No need for Munsters.

You don't need to buy every game but should nontheless wait with judgement till we see the full game.

#2167 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

just saw this, don't know if it was posted in this thread but Premium art looks great.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/single-post/2018/08/29/The-Munsters-Sneak-Peak

Oh wow, how did that post from August went by comepletely unnoticed?! *sarcasm*

1 week later
#2451 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think that will depend on gameplay more than anything. I just don't see Musters as a super hot license, seeing that the show is ancient. I'm not saying that a healthy group won't jump on it, but I don't see it attracting a crazy amount with the theme; the gameplay will have to be innovative. That being said, I hope it's not Munster Bash and that the gameplay is excellent. I will never buy a NIB Stern again, but the used market will be friendly if a lot of them sell. When's the release date on used sales?

I agree but have to add was has allready has been said multiple times, that monster themes in general seem to be quite popular with pinball players/ buyers.

I wouldn't compare it to the Addams Familily wich had a new movie out by the time the pinball was made and for me the show is as attractive as a license as Thunderbirds, maybe even less.

BUT the art looks amazing, the Munsters license is generic enough (in a good way) to appeal to the whole monster traget audience, so if Borg delivers a solid Design of course it can be a hit.

1 week later
#2567 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

WOW Sterns website got an update!

Yay! Can't open it from work anymore!!! -_-;
(Well, I can. But it looks like a mess. - Internet Explorer 11)

#2604 5 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Stern always does a hefty production run before shipping anything. They will be filling warehouse space and then announcing.

Yes. Stern only ships what is ordered but usually the Distributors won't order until the reveal to get an idea of what the demand is.

Edit: Forget the last part/ it's highly (too) simplified because the import process divides up into several steps and sub distributors/ importeurs.

#2823 5 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

Maybe CES? It runs from 1-8 to 1-11.

That would the same day the ship will arrive in the netherlands as far as Someone told me...

So it cant be any later then CES at least.

#2839 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stern isnt asking anyone to put pre orders in and they never ever give out any kind of information on their games before they launch. Anything you see has been leaked.

Well the european distros obviously had to when the games are allready on the sea (they are!) and are hitting shores soon.

#2851 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Stern might have missed their window for extraordinary sales on Munsters:
1. After Xmas - money will be tight for purchases like these
2. Missed the window for good sales on Munsters by releasing Beatles first and competition releasing MB remake
3. Stock market has took a major hit - so will consumer confidence
What say you Pinsiders! How bad will sales get hit by Stern’s order of priority????????

Beatles is a game targeted not to the main pinball market.
For it to Switch places an CES with Munsters is a great move so all these 'normal' People can make themselfes some overpriced Christmas gift wihle the main pinball buyers will buy their cornerstone Munsters game anyway, at any time.

#2869 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Since none of us know Stern's margins, it's impossible to speculate on what titles are "over priced".

We kinda do, but it doesn't matter anyway.

The customer cares for what the customer has to pay, and if you get basically the same game for 8500$ (Gold) or ~25000$ (Diamond) that last one is definately overpriced.
And each one is stil way more expensive then a Stern Pro, so Beatles definately makes for the "more expensive" Christmas gift (or a Thing that you most likely better sell on Christmas then on any other date).

#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Diamonds are sold to speculators or stupid folks or folks with stupid money

I allready said overpriced game sold as christmas gift, you started the discussion.

#2896 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

way better than a cargument.....

What isn't?

#2901 5 years ago

Because this is a speculation thread, not a reveal thread.

I speculate there will be a reveal.

#3020 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I like that plan - with a reveal before then thrown in for good measure.
Just announce it already !

Teaser January 1st 2019!

MMW!

#3025 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Try a week later.

CES is full reveal, as I posted way earlier.

January 1st is reveal TEASER.

#3038 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

...It's been delayed or placed out of order or what ever you want to call it flynnbust. Also the Pro Exports have been done and the Domestic Pros have been on the line for a week or two. Delayed in my book.

No.

Beatles was intended for CES and has switched places. Not due to delay but to release Beatles as a 'christmas gift' title for non pinball collectors makes sense.

With full reveal at CES the games can start shipping immediately. Games arrive on european shores January 8th if I remember correctly.

Dwight said in his last interview Stern has some News in Stock from the very first day of the year, so I'm thinking Stern Teasers start Jan. 2nd latest.

#3049 5 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

I'll go with January 6th.

For what?

#3062 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I understand these hype thread posts are always fast and furious, but are people really excited with The Munsters as a THEME or just the PIN itself?

None of that for me. Just looking forward to any new pin, hoping it'll be great.

The art package definately is.

#3122 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

I guess this last post killed this topic?

Definately not, they won't let the game livestream before teasing and announcing it.
So just wait another day...

#3140 5 years ago

They cant 'redo' some art assets because of some early subject to change promo material that leaked to a hand full of people months in advance?

Srsly, wich planet are you from?

#3178 5 years ago

Happy new year Chicago!
(And all else of you of course.)

Time for our tease...

#3181 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well, if Prem is Black and White... I might be out on this one...Glad I got my Monster Bash LE coming in a few weeks...
My issue is I really don't like the 3 tiered model system. I think if Stern wants to continue with this model. Then let me swap and choose the art packages I want. The Iron Maiden Prem looked good... But, only represented one album era of the band on the cab and translite... And the topper is really cool, but contrasts the Prem art package.
I think as I stated before the art package for Pro was best... But, if you buy a Pro you're missing features and sometimes even modes.
I don't want a Munsters Pro, as I want the full game... But, I cannot afford to buy a freaking LE every single game.
It's really silly and I think its a disservice to the majority of the pinball community.
My reason for not wanting a black and white is it'll get old, and I doubt the playfield will pop. Centaur pops, because it was designed to be in black and white first and foremost, but also the artist used some reds.
What they will be doing for the munsters is taking what was done and meant to be color and converting it to black and white... And that is not how it should be done ever. That is not how they filmed black and white movies, and television shows. They knew what color looked better. Like I believe for the superman black and white serial, they used a brown suit, as it photographed better.
Just a silly rumor for now... But, I hope its not true.

47f363263bae43a6025536d0a541d4f0 (resized).png47f363263bae43a6025536d0a541d4f0 (resized).png
#3184 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They'd be better off doing color Premiums and then splitting the LEs into a B/W version and a color version, like they did offering 2 LEs on AC/DC with the Let There Be Rock and Back in Black LEs.

Super LE!!!

#3187 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Appears to have more things toys gadgets or whatever you want to call it than Maiden.

Wich is not a hard thing to do since Maidens 4 Flippers seem to be the main attraction BOM-wise.
(Great game nontheless.)

#3206 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yes it’s great fun I do enjoy it and different for a game nice change. I wanted this game made for several years so you can look it up but I wanted a little more in it.

Yeah, this I can understand of course.
It's kind if the same for me.
I love playing Maiden on location, because it's an awesome shooting game. And I'm tempted to buy one but it's just lacking 'something' for me to justify that.

(Right now if I had the money -wich I dont- i'd have to choose between Maiden and GoT. But I'd take GoT even though the art package is shit. I love the battering ram and the dragon kickback, flapping it's wings getting the machine shaking. Just some little moments that Wow me all the time.)

The toys on the premium/ le were a let down for me as well. Why isn't the sopharcus molded etc. To make it a little bit more a world under glass.

But that said again it's my number one go to game on location and for that I really love it.

#3241 5 years ago

Teaser today!

I bet someone elses balls... of steel!

#3250 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Did Stern sell 1964 Beatles machines to distributors in 2018? Not likely, they did however sell out all of the dedicated 'runs' they produced. Is the license only good for one 'run'-no it is probably based on per machine basis or x amount of time-typically 2-3 years. Your assumption is that Stern should have sold out by now. The Beatles is a special K-Pow boutique game and will continue to sell over the next few years. It is not for everyone and only certain individuals will see a true value. They will sell all 1964 of them-time will tell. Thinking they should of sold out instantly is the mis-understanding.

Well you can speculate...

Or you can just assume they're not lieing and accept what they said.

They produced 1000 pcs. in 2018 to make the Christmas window and the rest expectedly early 2019.

#3261 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This comes up time and time again with some of these licenses - the belief that non-pinheads will buy a pinball in large numbers for a theme. It never happens. You sell most of the games to pinheads who are ALSO fans of the theme.

Like all us Supreme fans.

#3263 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How exactly ARE they marketing? How are they getting non-pin enthusiast Beatles fans to know about this? I wouldn't know about it if I wasn't on this site. And, only the really really big enthusiasts and route people have any clue about distros.

Why don't you follow the Beatles Facebook Account?

#3264 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Press release from Stern:

So this is our TEASE for today!

#3304 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Think I'll go see this pin at CES, just an 8 hour drive

99,9% Off Topic but I somehow imagine you arriving via parachute.
(Shouldn't that be faster? )

#3326 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ha! Points pretty directly to a dirty connotation in Japanese since MUNko is, um, inappropriate.

You sure you're not meaning 'manko'?

#3352 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't really know the Munsters show but isn't Herman a good guy? Are there any villains or antagonists in the show that would serve as good bash toys or is it more of a sitcom? It doesn't really make sense to bash someone that's a good guy but I guess they did it with Optimus Prime in Transformers so I wouldn't rule it out.

In Transformers you can at least play Decepticon side...

Since Munsters is Borg wich did GotG where you shoot Rocket Raccoon and Groot it doesn't Matter for him who you're shooting.

#3668 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I turn 60 in two weeks, watched my dad die in September and mom still struggling with Alzheimer’s . What the heck, I’m buying three pins this year.... maybe all NIB. Life is short and I want to have some fun!

That's how I got into the hobby.

Condolences.

#3704 5 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

I don’t understand why they are doing a live Twitch reveal in the middle of the day on a Tuesday. I enjoy watching pinball on Twitch, but like the vast majority of people I will be at work at that time.
Regardless, excited to see the VOD after.

It's Prime Time here.

Happy that I don't have to be up till 3 AM this time.

#4365 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I don't think I ever saw Munsters mentioned before the rumours started, then suddenly it's the new hotness. Like it might as well have not existed before that happened, it was just that slightly memorable show that was on decades ago that everyone forgot.
Is it fair to say that pretty much anything nostalgic that Stern crank out is going to be eaten up by anyone who just wants a new shiny thing? What next? Xena? The A-Team? LeXX?
If it's just people wanting any new theme in a shiny cabinet then that's one thing, but where has this previously non-existant Munsters fan club come from?

I was wondering as well but I fell into the same trap when Bill & Ted was "announced".

It's a license/ movie I've long forgotten but only mentioning it give me the smiles and I want to watch it again.
So if the machine would be real I'd definately do this to hype myself up.

#4395 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Light can be a noun, a verb, an adverb, and an adjective. Lite is an informal variant of light, usually used as an adverb meaning “containing less of an ingredient,” or “being less complex.”

Depends on the disctionary you look this on up it's for light (illumination) as well.
US speech variant, of course.

#4465 5 years ago

I have a (honest, non trolling) question:

What is the "story" of the game, aka is there a(ny) story to speak of?

Everything on the game seems awesome, but reading from the playfield it just looks like 'collect all characters' followed by the Wizard Mode.

That combined with the Herman Bashtoy (Why exactly am I shooting him? Is he the enemy?!) is a bit lacking for me.

Again, not pooping on the machine, but for me I like a TINY bit of story that holds everything together and the toys making sense within that (and I want the game to have this).
Like TotAN "Save the Princess" (and therefore shoot the evil Dschin), or GoT "Choose one house and battle against the rest for Iron Throne Domination" (and shoot the Dragon).

NOT like GotG where you shoot Rocket Raccon and Groot. WHY?!

#4469 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's similar to other comedy TV show games....no real story, just enjoy the iconic characters & their scenarios through pinball gameplay.

Guess so.

I will play it and I know I will like it.
But it wouldn't hurt to throw some dumbass stoy in.

Quoted from iceman44:

Think of it this way. It’s kind of like what’s the “story” of BM66
There you go

Well, I don't know the game but it's kinda self explanatory.
I catch the bad guys because I, the Player, am Batman.
I can live with that/ that's enough for me. More is a Bonus.

#4478 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I noticed the Hurry Up was "Herman is late to work"...so, it'll be like that. Each little area will have snippets of "story" based on the characters.

That kinda ok... Just little snippets to give everything a meaning.

A story could be to just gather everything for Grandpas machine reveal on an exhibition.
So collect all characters, shoot the dragula to sit them there and then the machine (lower playfield) goes apeshit in Wizard Mode with Muliballs on lower and upper playfield simultaneously.

Ok, that actually seems a bit hard to do since you only have snippets of the show.

#4481 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lyman is worth his weight in gold

So who's Platinum and Diamond?

#4486 5 years ago

This is 'answering' what exactly?

I know the show. That doesn't have anything to do with anything I askes (and was allready answered).

Out of curiousity:
Who did ever mention Munsters before it was rumored? Never seen it.

#4488 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Sounds like a production nightmare. A LA CART pinball.

Overseas sales near impossible since they have to sell in batches to fill the container.

#4613 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I think the lighting on the Premium, because its black and white artwork might in fact pop more than for any of the other models... Got to wait and see... As I've only seen brief clips of it lit... But, I don't know which I rather have now.. .This or a Ghostbusters.... Its a good dilemma.

I'm no fan of Borg or Munsters and I never played the game but it still is better then Ghostbusters.

Loved the theme. Loved the art. First NIB. Nearly killed my love for the hobby.
Got to Wizard Mode after one year, then didn't touch it again for 3 months... And it was my only game. Then sold it.
When it was gone I noticed I never really loved the game itself and want it to never come back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.