(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It will have all the toys currently available online

Hot Wheels sized 1/64 Munster Koach does exist.

koach (resized).jpgkoach (resized).jpg
#179 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Chuck Barris was the TV show producer and Gong Show host.

In addition to game show producer and host, Chuck Barris also claimed he was a CIA assassin.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/was-chuck-barris-a-cia-assassin-a-possibility-dangerous-mind-producer-says-988485

1 month later
#222 5 years ago

Its cool to see actual set photos from he show in full color. To save money and time they didn't put makup on the actors arms or hands for the TV series. For some color promotional stills and the Munsters movies they did the full makeup but not for the TV show.

When View-Master produced a set based on a TV show the View-Master photographer would be on set during the filming of the episode to capture the shots during production of the episode. If you look at the color scenes shot on set from the Munsters View-Master set you can see what they looked like in color. Its odd to see the hands and arms without makeup compared to their faces.

Really looking forward to see what Stern does with this license.

munster-family (resized).jpgmunster-family (resized).jpgmunster-family2 (resized).jpgmunster-family2 (resized).jpgmunster-family3 (resized).jpgmunster-family3 (resized).jpgmunster-family4 (resized).jpgmunster-family4 (resized).jpgmunster-family5 (resized).jpgmunster-family5 (resized).jpgmunster-family6 (resized).jpgmunster-family6 (resized).jpgmunster-family7 (resized).jpgmunster-family7 (resized).jpgmunster-family8 (resized).jpgmunster-family8 (resized).jpg
#229 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats not what im hearing

Most people are speculating Deadpool in a couple of weeks, Munsters Q4 2018 (maybe at expo) and Beatles in Q1 2019.

1 month later
#391 5 years ago

As with Batman66 if you look at the Moebius models art that he did, it is similar to what's on the pinball cab. Haters will whine about that but I think it looks great.

I wonder what the "light up eyes" means on the premium package? Similar to Star Trek LE that had the star fleet insignias that lit up on the back box?

moe934-1 (resized).jpgmoe934-1 (resized).jpgmoebherman1801a (resized).jpgmoebherman1801a (resized).jpg
#393 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Based on what i saw i think your dream is coming true with the LE.
It starts out Black and White, the LCD was white, coin door was gold plated.

Premium cab art was full color. Wonder if they would put a black and white playfield in LE but a full color one in premium? Usually LE and premium playfields are the same.

I think full color playfield would look better but if LCD clips are black and white i can see the rationale to match a matching black and white playfield.

They were 2 Munsters movies and the pilot that were in shot in color so they could have some color clips from those in additon to the regular TV show be clips.

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Light up eyes are probably spot.

Not sure I understand. What do you mean?

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Spot, The Magic Dragon.?.

Ok that makes sense. Since spot was on the premium translite that means they just put a flasher or two by his eyes so they light up every now and then.

For some reason I was thinking "spot" as in "spot light".

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Don't see how this is real, as the translite of the LE is exactly the same as the right side of the Premium.

Not exactly the same. Lily's arm on the LE translight is straight up as in the pic shown below which appears to be the inspiration for the art. On the premium cab art, her arm is bent instead of straight so it fits under the side rail.

the-munsters-wallpapers-31716-3723287 (resized).jpgthe-munsters-wallpapers-31716-3723287 (resized).jpg
#425 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I know that the coindoor on the pictures is brass. That is what I was referring to: cannot see Stern doing that, even if that would keep it in line with the rest of the metal and the T-Molding.

I also noticed that premium had purple side rails, purple lock down bar, and purple shooter knob but legs and hinges were still black. Don't they usually include legs and hinges as part of their colored powdercoat packages?

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thinking Munsters LE has got a bit of TAF Gold vibe about it.

Maybe they still have a lot of left over gold armor from WWE LE and Guardians LE.

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Crazy to think how Stern could implement a 3-story playfield structure at the current price points.
Perhaps the Pro is lacking the lower playfield, while keeping the upper. Or Vice Versa.

Aerosmith is the only Borg game I can think of that has an upper playfiled. Has he ever done a lower playfield design?

#695 5 years ago

What do you think they will do for music?

Although the Munsters theme is very iconic, it needs to be used sparingly to avoid becoming too repetitive (kinda what happened with Stern version of Indiana Jones over using the main theme).

Other than the theme song there isn't much to take from the show so I'm assuming it will be custom music for the game.

What would be better; "jazzy" like Batman66 or more modern/techno like what they did with original Lost in Space theme music in the Sega pinball version?

Fall Out Boy has a song called "Uma Thurman" that heavily samples the original Munsters theme but I dont think it would be a good pinball song.

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from WeLoveScott:

I searched the forum and don't believe anyone has posted this yet. I didn't know much about The Munster's and found this great 45 minute documentary about the conception and start of the show. Great story and very informative.

That shot of them in the koach would by great for translite or cab art.

2 weeks later
#863 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So it will be ready and it will be shown at 2018 Expo imo.

If they do show it it would suck if they waited until Sat night at the very end if the show during the Stern talk. Would be nice to get a sneak peek during the tour, kinda like what they did with Batman66.

3 weeks later
#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Hoping John will bring back a magnet or possibly 2 ?
I don't think we have seen any magnet action since Metallica ? if i'm not mistaken ?
Very excited about The Munsters,
No short cuts please Stern.

Yes you are mistaken.John loves magnets. Since Metallica John put magnets in all of his games.

Walking Dead LE/Premiums have 2 (barn and well walker) and Pro's have one (barn).

Kiss LE/Premiums have one that "levitates" the ball.

All models of Aerosmith have one in front of the toy box.

Guardians LE/Premium has a big 3 magnet cluster and its a single magnet version on Pro version.

So I'd be very surprised if there isn't a magnet or 2 on the Munsters.

1 week later
#1427 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They had a color Munsters movie special, but that's it to my knowledge. The series never made the jump to color and never was colorized.

They was a theatrical Munsters movie made in 1966 called "Munster, Go Home" filmed in color. It was filmed just after production of season 2 ended and had all the original cast except Marilyn who was played by someone else.

It was made to introduce foreign audiences to the show prior to its international syndication. It was also released domestically but didnt do that great because audiences were getting tired of it by then.

There was also a made for TV reunion movie called "Munsters' Revenge" in color that came out in 1981. It featured the original cast except for Eddie and Marilyn.

#1526 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Lots of color in Munster Go Home.

And also in Munsters' Revenge

1 month later
#2295 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Good price! Do you remember what that distro was charging for the LE?

My distrib was 5995 which included shipping and a shaker.

#2366 5 years ago

TPF website says Butch Patrick (Eddue Munster) and Pat Priest (Marilyn Munster) will both be at the show.

Hey Chris Franchi, if you reading this, please bring a Munsters print to the show with some of the pinball art on it. Lots of people would buy one to get signed by them.

Also John Rhys-Davis (Gimli from Lord of the Rings, Sallah from Indiana Jones) is supposed to be there as well.

1 month later
#3761 5 years ago

Maybe the lower playfield is black and white and the main playfield is in color?

#3977 5 years ago

So maybe George Gomez or John Borg will dress up like Lily?

#4091 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That setup could have used some invisiglass. The reflection from that column and ball above the booth ruins visibility on the middle of the playfield in the stream. NO ONE there noticed that at setup?

They were playing an LE isnt that supposed to have the Stern version of invis-glass?

#4120 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

So it looks like all three models physically are the same on the top playfield.

Quoted from mkecasey:

false. Pro has no lower playfield

By top I think he meant everything except the lower playfield. Glad Stern isnt cheapening out the pro by removing little things (like when they removed spinner from walking dead pro). Thye could have removed the spot bash toy but glad they left it on pro.

1 week later
#5599 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There is zero doubt that the large targets are cost cutting (both the BOM and assembly time and programming for fewer switches)

Zero doubt? Were you sitting in on the game design meetings at Stern?

Yes, the mono target reduces assembly time and reduces the number of switch inputs which ultimately reduce overall cost and complexity but that isn't the only reason to use them. Perhaps the game designer wanted to use the larger target because he preferred how the game played with them.

On the SWL podcast the Munsters design team said they wanted a more approachable game for less experienced players and the mono targets certainly help with that objective.

The fact that it reduced the cost slightly might just be an extra benefit and provides a larger budget to keep other features (spot under stairs, RGB lighting, Dragula car, moving Herman, etc) on the pro version.

So many Debbie Downer's on here assuming every decision made by Stern is purely to maximize profit with no other criteria.

dd.gifdd.gif
3 weeks later
#7194 5 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Did anyone notice that the Munsters has a series of B&W animations and instructions on the LED screen that shows how to start a game, launch the ball and use the flippers? Did any prior game have this 'intro-to-pinball' sequence?

Batman66 has it as well and it's pretty cool since they tailored it to fit the Batman theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=docquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.