(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Guys and Girls.
Please understand that posting images can put certain jobs at risk. Questions get asked, fingers get pointed, and it is not fun for anyone.
So if you actually LIKE the people that work on these projects and want them to retain their job then its a good idea to keep certain stuff not posted public.
If you don't like these people and want Mr Photoshop copy and paste stock art to rear his ugly head then go ahead and post away.

Easy to say when you get sent every leak in pinball.

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even though it was briefly on facebook (allegedly) and that's public, I guess it was a mistake and Stern doesn't want them posted because of all the deadpool sales they'll lose. <--my guess

Just curious who posted on FB?

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Ok you win man. PM me for playfield pics of Munsters. And concept pictures of Toy story, Beatles and Elvira 3.

OK

#500 5 years ago

Got to say the LE cab and art looks cool.

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s def different
Hopefully they are doing something cool with some b/w to color transitions

Premium is also really nice - more in line with what we are seeing from Stern now. LE is a bit out of left field.
Powder coated armour on Premium? I don't believe it lol.

1 month later
#1007 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Enjoying a little down time on the watch tonight at the fire station with the Munsters on again!
[quoted image]

By the looks of it you guys need to get a couple of pins in the wreck room.

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Seems too complicated for what it sounded like to be a single playfield without a miniplayfield. I'm thinking more like the Rolling Stones layout without the Mick on a stick.

I’m thinking you need to go a lot further back than that.

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its Awesome!
(pure emotional imaginary hype)

Since when does imaginary hype need to be clarified on Pinside?

1 month later
#1862 5 years ago

If it is TPF, thats a big gap between games - DP was late August. That’s over 6 months.

#1874 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

They think it's a feature needed b/c it's 2018, not 1991. If you're concerned about your data being taken, I would take the computer, tablet, phone or whatever you're using to post on these forums, burn them and hide in a cave.
I applaud stern for ADVANCING pinball and bringing in technology that is utilized in literally everything else and look forward to the obvious add on....real time scoring vs play against friends and online strangers.

Whysnow is just scared because he won’t know how to set it up.

#2147 5 years ago

Playfield is wide open though.

#2258 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern started that resurgence prior to the competition arriving.

I don’t think you can say Stern started the resurgence. They were the only ones left when it did start, but they didn’t start it.

#2363 5 years ago

I thought the Pinside Logic is that JJP are responsible for nothing else but high prices?

2 weeks later
#2927 5 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

Just got my PRIMUS pinball and I got Munsters Manual with it...lol
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. Stern keep coming up with more unique and obscure ways of leaking upcoming releases. Photos of photos on cellphones is so last week. Next some Beatles owner will flick the switch on his new game and the Munsters soundtrack will play instead of Taxman.

#2945 5 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

Sorry, Can't release the Manual. Enjoyed the Zima comments.
[quoted image]

Grow some balls man!

1 week later
#3156 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

So 3 separate playfield manufactures required? I know they've signed and recleared le's in the past but that seems like an enourmous outlay.

Seems they’ve changed to just signing the aprons now.

#3167 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm hoping LE has Brass w color artwork.....bring it!!!!!

The B&W casket art originally leaked with “real” shiny brass trim AND brass door would be incredible. Sadly I think the chance of either shiny brass trim or a brass door got lost in the first round of Munsters budget meetings. Gold speckle trim is about all you can hope for.

#3192 5 years ago

Where did all this IMDN hate come from recently? Was the darling child for a while.

Oh, sorry, just remembered what forum I’m on.

Personally I think it’s in Sterns top 5 - and that’s some tough competition.

#3194 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It is if they pull it off. With IMDN premium/LE extras are just a freaking nightmare. Not only did we pay a lot more for not a lot, they don't work right!
They were clearly done to a budget without a doubt and they simply didn't pull it off. I love the game when its working and playing well but running events with an IMDN LE/Premium in the line up is just non-stop moan central with bits of it not working or the captive ball fires preventing folks from getting the super skill shot. its a glorious fail, Stern are aware and haven't done anything about it.
From out of the box my captive balls fired when ever you flipped. Then the shooter lane alignment, and now the mummy capitive ball and sarcophagus are playing up. I'd rather not have had those things and have a game the plays well.

Mine has none of those issues, but doesn’t get a huge amount of play, and not competition. Would be pissed also if I did though.

#3196 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

they are coming - just a matter of time.

Great, thanks lol

#3265 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This comes up time and time again with some of these licenses - the belief that non-pinheads will buy a pinball in large numbers for a theme. It never happens. You sell most of the games to pinheads who are ALSO fans of the theme.

Quoted from Zablon:

How exactly ARE they marketing? How are they getting non-pin enthusiast Beatles fans to know about this? I wouldn't know about it if I wasn't on this site. And, only the really really big enthusiasts and route people have any clue about distros.

Exactly. The pinball collectors who really wanted Beatles have already been “looked after” by their distributors and bought a Diamond or Platinum.

That leaves a lot of Golds to sell to these mysterious non-pinball Beatles fans that still want to pay $8k for a toy. That requires a completely different marketing and distribution chanel. I’m not sure Sterns existing distributors are capable of reaching these mysterious buyers. Is the in house Stern marketing team capable? Maybe Kapow?

Unless they slash the price the remaining Beatles will be a slooooow burn.

#3277 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Most of the people who really wanted a Beatles in my country bought the Gold...The Diamond and Platinum editions went to pinball enthusiasts who have more money than they know what to do with.

Let’s face it, at $13500 anyone buying Beatles Gold in our country has more money than they know what to do with.

#3288 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Great! Ive Been lost on how to share animated gifs!
How I repair stuff!
[quoted image]

Uh oh, get ready for an OLDPINGUY GIF onslaught.

#3294 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FYI, you can insert an animated gif by selecting "original size (no rescaling)" from the dropdown menu before you attach the picture when you post, so it doesn't process the graphic, removing the animation.
[quoted image]

I blame you PinMonk

#3296 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It doesn't get real until I pull out a graph to show the uptick in animated gifs since I mentioned that tip. Don't make me do it.

DB0FEE41-A70B-42B6-A34A-4F43268FFAB8 (resized).jpegDB0FEE41-A70B-42B6-A34A-4F43268FFAB8 (resized).jpeg
#3405 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

it’s now the No.1 game in my collection.

+1. Easily.

#3417 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If Stern keeps raising prices, location pinball tables, here we all come!
Cutting out all the middle men would be good, but distros wouldn’t like that. They say after sales service is important, but I end up fixing most any and all issues myself and I think most people do too.
Maybe Stern needs to consider a direct ordering system along with direct download system and lower or keep prices down. With modern online shopping, do we really need to pay for all the old infrastructure???

Quoted from fosaisu:

Would you save money by having a friend in the US buy for you and then ship to Australia? Or with shipping and import tax are you back to the same price point again?

These sort of comments pop up regularly in Australia and it’s all bulsh*t IMO. The price difference between importing a game direct from the US and buying from our (very good) Stern distributor is negligible. For a Aud$2-300 I’d much prefer to deal with the local guys.

And there’s no way Stern are going to supply the Australian market direct for so many reasons.

#3469 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's somewhat different because it's not a grayscale version of color art, but essential a pen and ink with bold blacks offset with whites. That Twilight Zone one is essentially grayscale art, which is not the same thing. I assume if they did it Munsters would be similar and not specifically drawn pen and ink art. I do not want grayscale B&W, unless it's on the cabinet like on the leaked LE "casket" version. Playfield is a no.

If the PF is B&W it would have to be drawn from scratch as B&W to work. Who knows, hard to judge since we haven’t seen it. Could work, but it seems a bit niche and polarizing for Stern - especially for a Premium. Not sure if I believe it.

#3575 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Dunno, more than what this gentlemen did though, I don’t even think he’s getting the game...it was kind of just a “well heck, let’s have a club thread”:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-munsters-official-owners-club-theyre-creepy-and-theyre-spooky

Lol, you’re right about the lack of effort.

“They’re creepy and they’re spooky...” - He didn’t even get the right song lyrics? Isn’t that from Addams Family?

#3671 5 years ago

Because the hype is approaching maximum i'm going to throw another conspiracy theory in the mix based on......f*ck all.

Munsters will launch with a B&W Premium and a gorgeous full colour LE and Pro. Everyone will go apeshit over the LE and it will sell out instantly (if it hasn't already). Just like they did with TWD on launch (insisting no premium), Stern will insist - "there is no other version of the premium - it's B&W or Pro for you non LE losers".

Everyone will be crying in their Weetbix (maybe Cherios for Americans).

3 weeks later Stern will release the best version of all 3 in an alternate full colour Premium.

Hype maximised, everyone happy.

#3769 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What game is that on the floor? I think Zombi Yeti posted artwork like that a couple of months ago.

Yeh he did. Im thinking its just promo art for events like CES - fits in with the flipper shaped desks. Look like a really cool stand design.

But then what if it was from Steve Ritchies new unlicensed game??? #startthenextSterngamerumour

#4213 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Seems like another gaurdians of the galaxy that will soon be forgotten. Stern isn't using the screen very well. Still can't compare in any aspect to JJPOTC.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Bullshit! This game is a home run all the way. Borg and Franchi killed it!

Don’t worry Who-Dey , there’s a reason he has such a morbid and depressing Pinside user name.

Game looks fantastic - personally prefer the LE - it looks like an LE all the way. LE cab with B&W PF would have been nice, but all 3 versions look great.

Lower PF looks fun - has more in it than Jetsons and Supreme combined.

Can’t wait to play it.

#4219 5 years ago

I’m thinking the 2 sets of flipper buttons will allow for some cool modes with both upper and lower playing at once. FGY only has one set?

#4323 5 years ago

I love the LE art, but can see the appeal of the Premium also. Pro cant be faulted but is a little generic- like every other good Stern package recently (OK, now im looking for faults). A little bit torn between the LE and Premium, but I think the LE has it for me just because it's really unique.

I wonder if the original plan was to have the LE cab with the B&W playfield? That would be amazing also. Do you think theyd build one for me if I asked?

Anyway, spoilt for choice here. Only minor complaint on the LE is I wish they'd done the web siderails in the reverse colour - so all gold with black inserts, and gold lockdown to match. That would look freaking awesome. Might have to do that myself when I get it.

#4635 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I hate everything about the LE Cabinet. Everything.[quoted image]

Strong words. Was just thinking the same thing except about the Premium.

I mean really, it’s freakin pinball art - how can you “hate” everything about a pinball cabinet art package?

Oh, I get it now, have you had bad exeriences with caskets?

#4650 5 years ago

Gold accents from the earlier leaked photos look classy. This final version just looks busy to me. Lots of stuff doesn't mean better to me.

The metallic gold trim would have been the icing on the cake - I wish it made it. Cost was obviously problem there.

#4652 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Nuh uh.
My dog would probably agree with you though as he can only see black & white. The poor pooch will never get to appreciate the true colorful beauty of the playfield that is exclusively the LE's:
<cue angelic chorus>
[quoted image]

Did someone say "World under glass"?

77ddaa840df5a79bc85ed9f6f65d677ce78e16cb (resized).jpg77ddaa840df5a79bc85ed9f6f65d677ce78e16cb (resized).jpg
#4693 5 years ago

Haven’t watched any streams yet. What is the left Medieval Madness shot for and where does it kick out? Does it kick in to the left loop, like a left side ball launch?

#4780 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It would have to go through shrink ray on the way down.

I heard Deeproot are working on this.

Joking aside, before the game was announced, I was also hoping for a mini PF where the ball actually transitions from one PF to another - not these fake lower PF’s that already have the ball permanently down there. It’s funny they always do it for upper PFs but not lower. I guess gravity and access are the reason they don’t.

#4789 5 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Stern picked a great playfield for re-use.

Hope Bealtes is not the only time it gets used.

#4840 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Did you or do you feel you could ever flip both playfields under control? So far everyone who’s mentioned getting multiball on the lower and main playfield simultaneously said they just restored to double flipping both buttons both sides.

Wonder if that’s something they could code in as an option - main flipper buttons activate both flippers (when lower pf is in play). Can’t see why they couldn’t.

#4912 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Still posted on Sterns site... "Production limited to 500 machines"
any attorneys care to weigh in?[quoted image]

Guessing you have the right to cancel your order with no penalty, but other than that no compensation. Does it say subject to change?

#4918 5 years ago

Personally I buy LE’s because it’s my preferred version and it’s got all the extras I want anyway - custom rails, shaker, invisi, art blades, back glass and speakers. If I buy premium and add all this (assuming I could) I’d be almost at LE price anyway. Plus this version has the colour Pf. The whole limited collectible part is usually bullshit.

Having said that, I have found the depreciation on the LE is less than Premium simply because when I go to sell, the buyer can’t go to the dealer and buy the same edition NIB.

#4956 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Maybe they will reward those first 500 who jumped in with a LP like Deadpool LE owners!!!!! Oh wait- they are still waiting on that

They still haven't received this? Wow. Not that we didn't predict it.....

Quoted from rotordave:

I wonder if they have had the vinyl records made already.
I believe there is like a 9-10 month wait to get vinyl pressed because the demand is high, and there are hardly any record plants left. I’ve heard the music guys really need to book their pressings almost a year in advance.
You may be waiting a while for your record ...
rd

Quoted from cooked71:

Was thinking exactly the same. Easy to promise, hard to deliver. Could go the way of the B66SLE personalized Adam West call-outs or Star Wars Topper.

#4979 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

The extra 100 LE's will probably cover the 1.5% of Stern's customer base that has an unnatural fear of B&W pinball artwork and an extreme desire to play in Grandpa Munster's basement.

And those who have a fetish for caskets.....

https://www.cltampa.com/news-views/sex-love/article/20740921/the-six-feet-under-club-offers-sex-in-a-buried-coffin

(before clicking beware, some things cant be unread)

#4984 5 years ago

Even though I really don’t care about the extra 100, this reeks of a company milking a shrinking market with limited long term prospects for all its worth. Milk as much as you can from this cow today for tomorrow the cow will likely be dead. Too pessimistic?

#4989 5 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I only buy LE's, so if all LE's sell out and I cannot get one than I won't be buying anything. So its smart for them to make enough to go around. I do not buy as a investment, I buy to play and have fun. There is no investment in pinball, those days are over as prices for pinball machine are way up. Usually now if you buy a new machine you will lose money even if it is a LE.

And I think more an more feel this way. So why not just make 3 trim levels, none of which are limited?

Its become a game of how much you can push the "collectability" and therefore the extra margin.

#5073 5 years ago

Was such a seamless and well planned launch by Stern this time - probably best I’ve seen. Then something like this happens and we’re back to “make it up as we go along” style marketing of old.

I’m waiting for them to announce the extra 100 only go to people who make a video begging to get one.

#5098 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I just got off the phone with Gary.
He says Stern is considering giving a coupon for a free pedicure to the first 500 Pinside LE buyers; so everyone is properly pampered.
[quoted image]

Be cool if you could stand in that while playing your Munsters LE # 499.

#5104 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Whining about whining,

Worst type of whining IMO.

And LOL, he goes on to say he’s ordering a Pro so has nothing to do with him anyway.

#5109 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd worry that I'd do some drastic save, and accidentally step on the fish.
Those things eat dead skin all day long, who knows what would squish out of them....

I bet they are a delicacy served raw in Japan.

#5110 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

See whining sucks for you guys too. Now we can talk about this awesome game that is shipping soon! Cant wait.

Sorry to take this political, but.....

i-do-whine-because-i-want-to-win-and-im-26943231 (resized).pngi-do-whine-because-i-want-to-win-and-im-26943231 (resized).png
#5529 5 years ago
Quoted from Tucks:

Games do get better, think TWD or BM66 which are now great games.

It’s possible, but if you listen to Dwight’s interview on Head 2 Head, doesn’t sound likely with Munsters.

I listened to the interview before any gameplay reviews and I was a bit concerned he’s deliberately made it too shallow (for home use). It looks as though early gameplay reviews are confirming that.

#5551 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Drops > one big target > stand ups

Drops> stand ups > one big target = Stern “good cost cutting measure” of the month award.

#5654 5 years ago

Seems the code on Munsters is trying to copy Monster Bash? Haven’t spent much time on MB, but isn’t the first mini wizard easy and second hard? Also no ball save?

I think it’s fine to make a simple coded game, but it has to be clever code. You can’t just take a “shoot the flashing lights” approach and simply reduce the amount of flashing light shots to make it easier. Then rinse and repeat for the “harder” mode but with more of the same shots.

So many great games have simple code but it’s clever. Look at TNA - really couldn’t be simpler but it’s really clever. Medieval Madness, AFM, both simole code.

Maybe it’s a new Stern directive and listening to Stern people talk on podcasts over the past few months seems to confirm it - simpler more accessible games. Beatles, Deadpool, now Munsters. Bit of a worry IMO. Suits Stern because it frees up a lot of coding staff and therefore lowers costs, but for the home collector it’s not so good. I can get simple games by buying older games. I look to Stern for more depth and longevity.

And making simple but clever games is not easy. As far as I know there’s only one coder at Stern that’s proven he can accomplish that on a regular basis.

#5656 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Wow, this Munsters hype thread has taken on a decidedly negative tone.
Aside from a select few, it seems there are a lot of naysayers out there.
Bit of a buzz kill lol.
I’m still on my LE as I think the gameplay still looks very fun and the theme integration is spot on.
However, I’m ok with code not being Maiden or TWD deep.
Don’t get me wrong as I love those titles but having a varied selection of pins with both simpler and deeper rules in my collection makes it more accessible for all my family.

I’m also in on an LE, but if this falls flat on a code level, it’s the last I’ll preorder until I can play the game. I love the look of the layout, it’s borg. But if the code is lazy I’ll be disappointed.

Unless Lyman’s on code - then I’ll pre-order.

#5661 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"Level 2 is very similar to level 1. In addition to some rules being slightly different, the scoring is higher, the timers are a bit tighter and more challenging. Level 3 and beyond is exactly the same as level 2 except the scores will be a bit higher."
Also
"Level 2 is, for the most part the same as level one but harder. It’s also worth more points.
Level 3 and beyond is the same as level 2."

Yeh, that’s what concerns me also. And from memory Dwight’s interview on H2H he was specifically asked “like Star Trek” and replied no, the secondary levels on Munsters are just more of the same.

#5665 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You can turn ball save on in the menu, so it's not really a big issue.
If one of the updates removes it from the menu, then everyone will have something to talk about.

Not a complaint, I’m all for it. Just an observation about how they’ve copied MB. Sounds like the game needs a bit more difficulty so I won’t be turning it back on. I hate playing games on anything but default settings anyway.

#5788 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I care what I think, that's all that matters.

"So I'll share it ad nauseum on a forum"

#5817 5 years ago

Haven’t seen this pic before -

FBD8BFED-778D-419A-BF6A-5094BBD48FD4 (resized).jpegFBD8BFED-778D-419A-BF6A-5094BBD48FD4 (resized).jpeg
#5826 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

The LE is so dope can’t wait for it to arrive!!

100% agree. There’s a lot of detail on that cab art that won’t be obvious until you see it in person.

#5850 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple is closing in on a tribute to the Adams family scoop with our Grandpa Munster Electric Chair complete with game integrated illuminated electrodes! Scary..... Still need to install his electric chair cap for a finishing touch but VERY close!!! Tried to keep the paint color fitting for both the B/W as well as the beautiful color versions. Grandpa is the star, he should be presented in style!!! Available from our store very soon! We are so loving this game!
www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yelobird on fire.

Been burning the midnight flame in Grampa’s lab?

#6018 5 years ago

Little bit concerned by all this talk of boring and shallow code. Like many I’ve been weighing up MBr and Munsters. I ordered Munsters LE over MBr because MBr is “old” and shallow (by today’s standards). I’m a sucker for LE’s so I don’t have the chance to play it before committing (first world problems).

I like the idea of the lower pf (I happen to like them) and that’s a plus to Munsters over MBr. But if I was considering Munsters Pro vs MBr Classic, it would be MBr Classic all the way. Price between those 2 is similar in the US?

At least with MBr it’s a known classic. Plus it’s Lyman!!!!! Who knows how Munsters turns out, but I doubt much is going to change from the current code.

#6033 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Was Batman66 a cornerstone game?

No.

I hope Lyman’s not on Elvira because I have no interest in that.....but that will make a lot of people very happy.

Edy and Lyman teaming up again would be a dream.....that combo alone would give Stern an instant hit. Superman 78 would be pretty cool with those 2.

#6107 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm sure it does, u JJP fanboys love "wood"

Lol.

441EE2FC-47FD-4971-B157-4D320D9BA899 (resized).jpeg441EE2FC-47FD-4971-B157-4D320D9BA899 (resized).jpeg
#6305 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok here we go guys....my very unprofessional review of this game. I only got about 10 games on it because there was other people there playing it so im no expert on the rules and im probably going to say things that contradict myself and all kinds of stupidnthings but here goes....gonna try and make this short but you know how that goes.
First of all this game is absolutely beautiful, stunningly beautiful! This game has great shots and they are very fun to shoot. The game is very fast at times but the game is also pretty damn easy too......thats not a bad thing unless maybe you are an excellent player because i loved ever minute of it even when i was having long ball times. Beautiful artwork, some of the very best ever on a pinball machine, nice light show, loved the lcd animations, nice toys, just f’ing beautiful and fun as hell.
Now lets talk about the bad. The bad is going to be bad for some people and not so bad for others. The bad is the code, its very shallow and old school. It didnt bother me because the game is so fun to shoot and i LOVE this theme....cant get enough of this theme...love it, love it, love it. I however can see a lot of people complaining about it though that arent huge Munsters fans. I have games that i dont love the themes like MET and AS for example. If the code on Munsters was on those games i wouldn’t own them. I mean a fun shooting game only goes so far and then you need to be entertained with a challenge from the rules right?
Games dont have to have deep code to be fun though but in todays times we are spoiled by it and want it, especially when these games are in our home. MM, MB, AFM arent deep but they are the big three and everyone loves them so Munsters doesn’t have to be any different. Rules nerds that dont like the Munsters will hate this game probably. Average players like most of us here that love the Munsters are going to want to own this game though I have no doubt about that.
Long story short i had a blast and i am in love with this game totally. The code doesn’t suck but there’s just not enough there to satisfy hardcore players or people who dont love The Munsters. I hope they add a little more to it honestly but if they dont i will still love this game because its fun and one of my dream themes. You’re gonna need to like the theme to like the game, its just that simple. I’m going to buy this game and its going to be the pride and joy of my collection, its so damn beautiful! I got to Munster madness on like my 4th or 5th game so that kinda tells you how easy it is to get there. The lilly and Dragula bars didnt bother me but it sure would have been more fun if they were drop targets. I love this damn game, im buying it, and it rocks. If you dont enjoy this game then you need to find a new hobby because you probably just dont like pinball that much.

So reading between the lines, you like it?

#6308 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I didn't notice any big changes from level to level.

This is the only thing that bothers me about the code. I really really hope they revisit this down the track.

#6315 5 years ago

As it stands, level 1 and 2 modes are not really that different, and people are completing level one modes in their first few games. So realistically people are seeing most of the game in their first few games. That’s the worry.

#6345 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If we were paying last century prices for games, then shallow code is fine like they did then. But since we are paying outrageous prices in this century, shallow gameplay is inexcusable!

I think this about sums it up.

#6549 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When the playfield's up, it looks even weirder. There's almost nothing under the playfield and only two node boards because there's so little to drive. Have a look:
[quoted image]

Wow, that is sparse, even for a pro.

Edit: Having said that, AC/DC pro and SWpro would probably look the same.

#6566 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I don’t mind to read all of the points of views honestly... If I read just "Roses" it will be probably a fake idea, I will judge the reality when I try the game personally, but I’m grateful to read honest views all the times, at the end the choice will be mine with my Money too...

Agree RR. Tbh, this thread is pretty balanced, with the exception of a couple that keep hammering home the same points.

The impression I get is Munsters looks phenomenal, shoots really well, has good theme integration and above all is fun. But the code is shallow and longevity in a home environment may be limited.

I’m mostly reading a bunch of honest thoughts. Not sure why some think it’s a thread full of haters. Both sides need to chill out and be a bit realistic. It’s not all roses nor is it all thorns.

#6718 5 years ago

If you want more coils, buy a Munsters Premium.

Or even better buy a Pro and then buy a few coils from Pinball Life:

https://www.pinballlife.com/090-5032-nd-flipper-coil-for-stern.html

090-5032-ND Flipper Coil For Stern

090-5032-nd_coil
$14.95

I could buy a Munsters Pro and 10 extra coils from Pinball Life for about $5650 - Bargain!!

#6958 5 years ago

Like whoever made up the theme and designed MM,with THAT theme,to me that’s amazing it just fits pinball and I assume that’s an original theme?
That guy deserves a raise for sure

Was a Monty Python knock off, so sort of original, sort of not.

#6961 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not sure how many of you are watching the Munsters stream still but holy.shit this dude is blowing it up!!!

He killed it. The others couldn’t get over 2m. Game looked like it played brutal. I think that’s the way to set this one up. Looks like fun.

#6962 5 years ago

Ha I was just thinking why they never made a Monty Python pin
What do I know I would like to see Mystery Science 3000 but I don’t think that would work

And was Brian Edy designed, who’s currently working for Stern, so good things to come!!!

#6969 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep it can be brutal.. it kicked my ass today(all day) shorter ball times than any other game i played which was 20 of the newest sterns ... the people that said its to easy and a walk in the park must have it set up to easy or something. I was impressed with munsters pro and if the code pans out a little more it cld be one of the better /best more recent stern pins imo. It has it all and checks all the right boxes.

I reckon a lot of operators are putting ball save on. I like the way it was set up for the stream - tight tilt and default (no) ball save. Maybe Open the outlanes also.

#7017 5 years ago

Just curious, but what interactive toys are there on Monster Bash? There’s Drac on a track. What else? (That interacts with the ball, not a figurine?)

#7021 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Frankenstein & Phantom flip although not a playfield toy it interacts with the ball, it’s a very cool feature!

Those are just software though?

#7031 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is the hype thread that existed long before the game.

Hype is timeless.

#7076 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is it worth $13,650?
I don’t know how they sell any games overseas

He’s deliberately quoted the LE price to support his “it’s a ripoff” argument - even though he’s only played the Pro. Pro’s are AUD$8850. When you add in currency, shipping and tax it’s about the same as list price in the US.

#7081 5 years ago

Man nobody is touching Dracs now a whole bunch just sitting there this game has turned a lot of things on it’s head

Translation:

I'm drunk & no one wants to play Dracula now that Munsters is here.

#7200 5 years ago

I need to be talked down off the ledge....Ive got a deposit on an LE and I’m seriously thinking of bailing and buying Beatles Gold instead. In fact today I’m going to my distributors to play Beatles and decide.

Unlike some of the complaints, I love the look of this game - it’s pure Borg. I love the Le package. I like lower playfields. The whole game draws you in.

For me it’s purely code related. I know a game can improve with code, but listening to interviews and comments, this one sounds more or less complete - any changes will be mostly cosmetic.

I think I’ll just sit it out and wait for the premium to decide if the game has changed enough. I’m not a big fan of the black and white compared to the LE package but could live with it.

But then I can’t believe I’m considering a Beatles over this. I’m complaining about the simplicity of Munsters code, yet Beatles seems even more simple.

#7207 5 years ago

Haha. If you keep believing it will make it real.

#7208 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If you're going into Beatles Gold pricing territory why not spend a little bit more and get a JJP POTC standard. that game blows both of these out of the water! And i actually enjoy Beatles and Munsters.

Yeh, Ive been thinking that also. Or I could just wait for what’s next.

#7229 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You don’t *have* to buy anything.
Once you step off the hype train, it’s quite fun to watch it from a distance.
If you have to spend some money, a good scenario would be Munsters Pro PLUS a good 77-85 SS game, which would give you the same buzz as Beatles but be a hell of a lot cheaper. Ramp the old game up and make it as fast as hell. Good times for all!
We played Beatles in LA last month - fun enough but we both got to the end after 2 games. That’s not gonna hold up long term if you’re a half decent player.
Haven’t played Munsters so can’t comment there ...
rd

100% truth there.

I think I'm jumping off the LE hype train after this anyway. I hate stuffing around the distributor and taking an LE spot that others are queueing up to buy. I can pick up a premium at any time if it turns out to be a winner.

Speaking of solid states, I think Ive got your old Pharoah here - and yes, I could have bought a Munsters Pro and 2 Pharaoahs for the same price as a Munsters LE.

#7236 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It is apples to apples. Dialed In LE is $9k and Munsters LE is also $9k too! One table is packed with goodies, the other, not even close.

Might be packed with goodies but it sucks. Hard to put a price on how much a game sucks.

So weve got $9k for Dialed In that I know sucks vs $9k Munsters LE that might or might not suck.

#7255 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yes! This is correct! She definitely does not take much convincing. Most of the time a new game is her idea. Selling games is my idea.

Wow. Where do you get one of those?

Have to admit that mine is extremely tolerant and supportive given that she has absolutely no interest in the hobby. But suggesting I buy a new game?? Not in this lifetime.

On another note, just played Beatles and of course loved it. But I’m still not convinced I want to give up on Munsters Le just yet. Haven’t swapped for Beatles ATM - I’ll go and play Munsters again on the weekend.

#7307 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Limited Edition on site at Helicon Brewing. She's an absolute beauty![quoted image]

Wow, already?? Some more pics??

#7324 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Limited Edition on site at Helicon Brewing. She's an absolute beauty![quoted image]

From the photo it looks like the lockdown bar Is the regular "rough" black as on Pro/Premium, and the rails are gloss powder coat. Is that actually the case or is it just the camera angle?

Edi: can see from photos below its all the rough non powder coat.

#7330 5 years ago

How the hell do you hit this stand up?

AEC95F8C-4524-40C8-AD9F-B1A0FA9A6BE9 (resized).jpegAEC95F8C-4524-40C8-AD9F-B1A0FA9A6BE9 (resized).jpeg
#7331 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Haha. Sorry didn't get the cab. Quick in and out just for yall

Great pics. Looks amazing. Plenty going on with that lower pf. Let’s hope it’s used!

#7333 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Looks like a opto

Yes, for the loop. For some reason all I could see was a standup target.

#7348 5 years ago

That lower pf looks like it plays pretty well. Nothing like Stewie. Would play even better if it wasn’t upside down.

#7349 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Appeared to be wrong color and finish. Somewhat disappointing as most of the past LE titles like DPLE as an example they Really went all out to let you know you had an LE. Again, not an end of world issue just off from what I would have expected.

Oh, that’s disappointing. What a pity they’re both not black powder coat. Obviously didn’t fit the BOM budget.

#7351 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That was filmed for our AU audience so it would be right side up when viewing! lol

Ha. Didn’t work then lol

#7488 5 years ago

OMG, I've seen a lot of off topic on Pinside, but never did I expect to open up the Munsters thread and see 2 pages of grown men talking about mattress's and pillows.

#7524 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How about a My Pillow themed pinball machine.. every time you hit any switch a my pillow commercial could play on the LCD
[quoted image]

That would definitely be one for American Pinball.

#7585 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Black krinkle finish is cheap as far as I’m concerned

It’s my pet hate. Give me almost any other metal finish but black crinkle.

Reminds me of the cheap garage storage shelves you get from discount hardware stores.

#7731 5 years ago

Ha ha nice one I was think more like 28

Is that some Iron Maiden “hate” I detect. I’m offended.

#7761 5 years ago
Quoted from Jaketime81:

Super pumped, I recived my first new in box machine today a Munsters Pro! I noticed a flaw in the clear coat on the sides and bottom of the munster madness insert. It looks like the insert sank down and during the clear coating process or something, and has a ugly ripple effect and bump in the clear. It is visually noticable while shinning a light on it or looking at it with a light reflection, as seen in the photo. I can also feel the bumps while rubbing my finger over it. It does not seem like it affects the ball rolling over it durring game play but I only have about 20 games on it. Im not sure if this is normal or if I am just being to picky and should not worry about it. I have it set up at my shop under giant strips of tube lights, once I take it home it will be in a darker environment. What do you guys think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wouldn’t accept that at all.

#7846 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Personally I think that is due to Stern minimally coding their upper / lower playfields which is a bummer. Why? They can't have the rules vary that much between pro and premium / LE games. Well they probably could but usually don't spend the time to do so. ACDC premium / LE is a good example. The lower playfield is used for a couple modes, is never used in multiball modes and has only a few rules coded for it. Same goes for the upper playfield in Aerosmith premium / LE. Munsters premium / LE appears to have more coded for it thankfully then past Stern mini playfields.

100%. It applies to any PRE/LE gameplay features, but is more noticeable on the upper/lower pf’s. Aerosmith Prele is a prime example. Whilst I think it’s really nicely integrated and doesn’t slow down gemeplay too much, it would nice if it at least had its own mode.

The ProPreLe model will always result in a game that is essentially dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.

#7849 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It does. Double Scoring mode that's not available on the Pro.

Double scoring is not a mode.

#7948 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

My daughter and I got it down and set up but your welcome to come and play If anyone in the area wants to stop by and try it send me a PM. My wife is leaving tomorrow and gone until Sunday so I have lots of pinball time.
Bill[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. So it looks like plywood cabinet base on Munsters now?

#7949 5 years ago

Anyone tried to powder coat the side rails and lockdown bar? Can you easily remove the gold foil stuff behind the webs of the side rails?

#7979 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I wish there was a way to give some heft to the shots on the lower playfield. Perhaps just a sonic solution?

Yeh, some sound effects would be cool.

They could have the main flippers active at the same time as the lower pf ones to give it a more tactile feel? Guess that defeats the purpose of having separate flipper buttons, but would definitely give a more solid feel to flipping the mini pf.

#7990 5 years ago

Wait. What?! Who-Dey doesn’t own this? Really?

The cynic in me sais he’s sitting on the sidelines because he’s unsure where the code will end up, whilst at the same time telling everyone else they should be buying it because it’s so good.

But he seems like a good guy so we just put up with it. In fact I’m hoping some of that unbridled positivity rubs off on me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.