(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colehvac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How much did you pay for that Houdini that you got? IMDN, TWD, GOT, GB, KISS, AS, AC/DC, MET, BM66 and many others all are just as good or better games than your Houdini. Your post is garbage and has no merit. Stern is kicking ass right now and making the funnest games around and Munsters will be a huge success i guarantee it! The only game Stern has made in the last few years that i consider a dud is Deadpool.

Your right, stern really is kicking ass, they really worked the bugs out. I love what their doing and I like Deadpool, I don’t think it’s a dud at all.

2 months later
#7115 5 years ago

I have to say, love this game and so glad I bought it, I’m really enjoying it in my home game room and glad I didn’t listen to all the negativity in this thread.rock on! Borg and Stern!rock on.

#7119 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I have no idea why anyone listens to anyone aboot which game to buy.

Unfortunately some people do, other local collectors that read Pinball advised me not to buy it based on this thread, I buy what I want, when I want. So I bought one, and so far I’m liking it.

#7151 5 years ago

So I had a snow day off yesterday and played it a bunch. It definitely drags you in as you play it. I read a comment that Herman is missing the pins in his neck, the Herman on my game has pins in the neck. Also stern adds a cliffy protector in the grandpa scoop, doesn’t scream cheap to me. I do notice the playfield clear looks much thicker or shinier, I wonder if they changed the process some how. Theleg bolts also come with washers now( not cheaper). My favorite feature right now is the spot mode.it seems I’m really good at that. Also at the end of the game they show a film clip of a Munsters episode, I haven’t seen the same one twice, but they are entertaining for the match feature. Can’t figure out what the zap button actually does. I read the gameplay card but it doesn’t make sense to me. There is definitely coded rules missing, I can’t wait to see what they do, but you can tell it’s going to be fun, feels very much like Metallica did when it first came out.

#7158 5 years ago

Dialed inn is a good game, this is a Munsters thread. I don’t see how we go from sterns 5800.00 pro to jjp 9000.00+ it’s not apples to apples.

#7213 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You want it, you need it, my half-assed Munsters review!
Layout is a good twist on a fairly standard format, with great loop pass orbits and I dig the Dragula shot. No clunk. I like the rising spot dino on the ramp, fun to whack. The loud, lurching Herman doll is kind of underwhelming.
The animations, sound, and music are really good. Serves the theme well.
Game all around looks really nice.
Code: As it sits this has to be the shallowest game since Iron Man. Depth junkies aren't gonna like this one as it currently stands. Really reminds me of a 90s williams game (more so than Iron Man). On my better games I've gotten Munster Madness twice. I know it's a lazy comparison but the software really does remind of of Monster Bash.
As simple as it is the game doesn't do a great job of telling you want to do...I still haven't figured out why I should press the zap button, and the jackpot cancel thing I'm not sure if I like or not. It's all about pumping up the jackpots, instead of cashing them in. Cashing things in is fun, not cashing things in isn't so I'm kind of iffy about this whole thing. It is a lot of fun to finally bring in a 40 million jackpot.
I'm having fun with it, but in the end code will make or break this one. If it stays more or less the same I think this is one for beginners/guests/friends rather than hardcore players/collectors.
I don't know how this became a Beatles vs. Munsters thread but after playing a bit of both I'd certainly rather have a Munsters.

I finally realized, when you push zap button it increases a meter on the screen that says zap
It small and at the very bottom of the screen, still haven’t powered it to max so haven’t seen what it does

#7233 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It is apples to apples. Dialed In LE is $9k and Munsters LE is also $9k too! One table is packed with goodies, the other, not even close.

I don’t think anyone has played an Le, I don’t think they built them yet so we won’t know that for a while. This is still a Munsters hype thread, not a jjp thread.like I said DILE is a good game.

#7235 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the LE's are in transit to peoples homes right now arent they?

Has anyone played the LE, I would be interested to hear how the gameplay is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colehvac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=colehvac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.