(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 5 years ago

Theme does nothing for me but if it has good code, gameplay, features, lighting and art if be interested of course

6 months later
#2008 5 years ago

Looks like a nice pro..looking forward to premium/le pics

#2086 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Wait...So the pro cabinet art is the same as the Premium cabinet art?

Metallica was.... so its possible

#2096 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

There really should be a giant third flipper. A Bat.
I do agree with others that this looks eerily like Munster Bash.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.[quoted image]

Looks like j borg other pins ... basically a fan layout which is mb. Not a bad thing but its basic and there are alot of other pins like it.

#2265 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

How many WOZ, DI have JJP sold..
Say 3000 between the 2.. Arveragd of 9K..
I would say 27MILLION is a lot to a company!

Around 4000 woz and 2000 di and 2000 hobbit..... thats alot of money ....

#2453 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That's BS.
Trudeau wanted to put mini LCD screens in Mustang (a game from 2014) under the playfield to show the different cars driving up and sliding to a stop. It was deemed too expensive for multiple mini LCD screens. He had the idea even before WWE.
However, DI did steal "Mick on a Stick" from Stern's Rolling Stones!

Mb had drac on a stick and im sure something used it before that

4 weeks later
#3410 5 years ago

Pros will be over 6k now and more likely around 6300 bc stern will probably raise prices....

#4584 5 years ago

Are there any links to gameplay videos? I missed them all and doubt i can catch it today.....

#4587 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Search Deadflip on YouTube. He uploads them all there after the Twitch stream.

Thank you

#4743 5 years ago

I like what I'm seeing with this pin... we love met and this looks very similar layout wise with a few different aspects and the ramps are different. I think with the way the code is and the slightly different things we will love it. Also its a fun lightheartedtheme with humor and nice lcd work . Also the lighting and everything else looks great even with early code .The only thing I'm slightly worried about is that it looks fairly easy to complete ... but i think it will have great replay value non the less. I'm probably gonna order a pro tomorrow and if we love it i will upgrade to the premium . Only difference i see is the lower playfield gameplay wise ... and of course the art work. I like the b@w art but the pro is gorgeous with great color's.

#4772 5 years ago

What's everyone hearing on actual prices for the pro and premium to your door? Have things went up a few hundred since maiden and is tax being charged? Pm me if you don't want the info in the threads. I believe maiden was 5500-5600 to your door and no tax added.

#4849 5 years ago

Yep pro is identical to the other models minus the lower playfield...and for 2k less than a premium the pro is a excellent choice. It also has great colorful art. May be one of the best pros to date . Hard to beat a nib pro like munsters for mid 5k shipped to your door.

#4862 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That’s a very nice feature for a pro! Wow! The light show is frequently why I go with the higher models.

Agreed .. i figured i won't miss the lower playfield especially when saving 2k.....

#5155 5 years ago

From what I've been told this has been one of sterns(if not the best) best sellers right off the bat with a ton of orders coming in after the reveal and the days following. I'm actually not surprised by this as the pin on all levels (especially the pro imo) all have amazing art and have lots of neat features . Also the pro only missing the lower playfield is a big step up from previous pros imo. Also the animations and lcd content along with the sound /music is probably one the best of the lcd era from stern. Congrats to the team at stern that put this together.

#5169 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are those street prices? Are pro’s really up to $6k?

Msrp... you can get them much cheaper if u call around...especially the pro and premium

#5173 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Roughly what’s the “street price” on a Premium these days?

Same as iron maiden was.... pro 5500-5700 and premium 7200-7400 in most cases. If you call around to the dealers prices sld all be within 100-200 of one another. Also if you catch ebay at the right time it can be cheaper to go that route depending on sale and cc rewards and ebay cash.

#5251 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Back to Munsters.
What's your thoughts on the rules on being simple to get to Munster Madness?
How are Tournament players going to view this?
Dwight did say on head2head that he tries to code for opperators,home owners and tournament players in the same code.
Tho I feel that this is too shallow for the Above average and Pro players. (Or am I missing something here)
Thoughts???

It has more to it then just getting to the madness mode. It is no shallower than the pins cgc is redoing and they are selling well. TheGame just looks fun to play without overthinking things like on sw and got.

#5262 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Agreed. I think some of the fun gets lost when you have such complex rules. I also find it very irritating when there are modes that you will never see unless you are one of the top 10 players in the world. These complex rules are often full of bugs and loopholes where code never seems complete. Focus on simpler rules, theme integration, good animations, and extra callouts. That's what made the B/W pins so great.

Agreed ..munsters reminds me of a b/w pin which y i ordered a pro right away.

#5273 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

The Munsters Pro is completely sold out in Australia first shipment end of January all allocated next shipment end of March with the LE's included man this is selling fast.

Sure is... big hit for stern.

#5282 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think the initial level needs to be made a little tougher - I almost got to Munster madness and quite a few folks at EAG yesterday got to it. Yes there are levels but it’s still not right. The mystery shot I think needs nerfing also - fotnextra ball and raven mode from it too easily.

Its supposed to be easier to get to on level 1 .. kinda like mb ,which most people will get to monster bash rather easily but monsters of rock is a little harder. . You can always set game up steeper and open up the out lanes which makes a big difference on borg games from my experience

#5354 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Really shallow” isn’t good
Did Dwight do a 180 after the Star Wars criticism?
His games are usually mostly “done” at launch
Ugh

Watch the stream of dwight explaining the rules.... there is more to it then just getting to Munster madness..... actually Munster madness has a certain way to do things also. Then after that it levels up and things change. Also there is a risk vs reward of canceling out the jackpots/super jack pots and going for more . Then there's the zap button rules which i don't completely understand yet. Is this deep like jjp pins ...no. its more like later b/w pins but with more strategic risk vs reward and different levels of modes.

#5375 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ll take your word for it until I play mine BigD
I don’t want JJP/Lyman deep on every pin that’s ok but I’d at least like to not tire of it after a few months
The theme, layout and art are worth the price of admission for me

If it ends up being to easy open the out lanes up some and limit extra balls. From the people that played it on the stern stream (good players) it looked like it cld b brutal but then u wld have that one good game every now and then. No one really got into level 2

#5421 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

And Luci. And all the other ones (it seems like).

Luci was a premium

#5432 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Background - I’m very interested in Munsters. Cancelled an LE order because I really didn’t like the cabinet art and wasn’t sure about the color PF. I liked the looks of both the Premium and the Pro. But I was very concerned that the code was too shallow and wondering if the lower pf would get old in home play, and, whether it is essentially worth $1600 more than a Pro.
Played both the Premium and the Pro today for a little over an hour. Here are my initial thoughts after seeing them in person.
Pro:
- all that’s missing is the lower PF and two sign boards above the ramps. Certainly a full-featured Pro compared to some recent titles.
- Really like the translite. Best of the three games (not a big fan of the coach on the LE. Although cool, it reminds me more of the Beverly Hillbillies).
- didn’t miss not having the mini playfield during play.
- seeing the game in person changed my view on the color. It looks far too bright for the game. If Franchi had essentially turned down the overall brightness knob and muted the colors ever so slightly it would have been a great compromise between in your face color and the black and white. I like the color far less in person than in the pictures and videos I’ve seen. The other thing that was very noticeable was the the green GI and colored LEDs gave the playfield even more saturated color during play which made the color playfield even more bothersome/annoying to me.
Premium:
- don’t really like that the art on both sides of the cabinet is just flipped. I would have liked to see a b&w version of the left side Pro cabinet art.
- the lower playfield needed adjustment. The ball was noticeably deflected because the cover was not level. I presume that’s because it wasn’t adjusted after being set up but am wondering if this could be a long term issue.
Also wondered if you could avoid this problem by taking off the cover and putting the Pro version of the petg playfield protector (assuming one is made) over the playfield or if the protector isn’t thick enough to cover over that large a hole without dipping.
- I don’t like the Premium translite as much as the Pro. Wondered if the Pro translite would look out of place on the Premium. But not enough of an issue to rule out the Premium
- liked the mini playfield. Fun. Still not sure if it will get old in home play after the novelty wears off. It would be ideal if there is a setting to disable it if ou don’t want the flow of the game interrupted (which I really didn’t mind).
- The black/white/grayscale art looks AWESOME in person. The pictures and video to date has not done it justice. The green GI is absolutely perfect and the other LEDs add enough color (light shows are awesome) to complement the b&w art. If you are on the fence because you aren’t sure you will like black and white or you think it looks dated or won’t fit in your collection go see one in person before you order. Any doubt about the b&w art I may have had is gone.
- I didn’t like the placement of the two sets of flipper buttons. Changing from one to another didn’t feel as smooth as I thought it should, but I’m sure this is more of a personal preference rather than a design issue.
The Premium was on 0.90 code. Don’t know about the Pro.
I was initially comparing the video to that of Batman 66 which is a very unfair comparison because Munsters use more or less random interchangeable clips that enhance the theme but don’t really add anything to the game play and uses a lot more custom art. The font is more annoying in person, but minor. The strange thing is that it still fits because the game does feel like an homage to the WPC era when games were simpler.
That brings me to what I was most concerned about - code depth. I got to Munster Madness one game. I’m really not that good of a player and I was more interested in seeing how particular shots were than trying to get a great score so I was kind of surprised.
But I found the game very fun to shoot. I have never had a Borg game so although the layout is familiar to some it was new to me. I absolutely loved the ramps and will probably spend a lot of time just trying to do left/right ramp combos. The left ramp disappearing behind the playfield and the 180 on the right ramp are great. Anyone who has a BM66 and doesn’t like how the orbit shots are so tight will love the smooth as butter orbit shots. Didn’t mind the long Dragula target but Lily should have been individual stand ups or drops (I love drop targets).
In a large collection or for those of us that aren’t pro level players I think the game will be fine. What I saw of the code depth doesn’t bother me as much as I did when I was just watching other people play. It was just fun. A little hectic and some “I really don’t know what’s going on here”. I love the music and the laugh track (if you don’t, it will get old. Think Disney and Small World). And using a Paul Lynde sound alike was brilliant and will be appreciated by anyone who remembers 60’s sitcoms. If Dwight’s vision was old school, but modern then this game seems to have hit the mark.
When I went in, I thought I was leaning Pro over Premium. That flipped. If there was a b&w Pro, I’d probably prefer that just because I think the lower pf is fun, but not a must have. Or maybe a Premium with a lower pf in color. But don’t think having/not having the lower pf is going to matter either way long term.
Oh yeah - the Dragula car on the playfield is a tiny, disappointing waste of space. I’m sure the modders will come up with a kickass replacement though.
I don’t have too many pictures because the overhead glare in the front of the Game Exchange showroom made it difficult to get some good shots.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

U can turn lower playfield off on premium and then it plays like the pro. Also Munster madness is supposed to be easily accessible . Its really a throwback to wpc era ruleset but with more rules/risk vs reward with the multiballs zap button, jackpots/superjackpots ,different levels and also the way you play munster madness matters alot for score.

#5444 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

My distro said LE ship 2nd wk Feb
Pro + Prem in March
Any one can confirm ?

Pros are running now and into next week from what i was told.....

#5461 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, just because the margin's there doesn't mean it's destined for you and me. The extra goes into Stern and its investor's pockets. There has been a massive amount of cost reduction in the parts and materials in Stern machines (cabinet wood, playfield wood, metal thickness, plastic thickness, electronics, etc) over the last 5 years, but prices are up, what? 15%? Literally none of that cost savings was passed through. The cheap-ass Lily and Dragula mono-target block is just another cost-reduction.

Met premium and le used a single double target also but the pro used two separate ones...

#5464 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Munsters layout is essentually a copy of AC/DC which used drop targets on the left and individual standup targets on the right in approximately the same locations. That Munsters DRAGULA monobar, especially, is ridiculous.

Yea im not sure about the mono bars eaither... especially the lily side...it sld of been individual targets at minimum on the right.

#5469 5 years ago

It a hit anywhere target unfortunately.. so essentially just 2 easy shots instead of what cld of been 4 on the right and many more on the left lol. I still like the pro ...... where else can you get a brand new game shipped to your door for little over 5k? Small complaints overall (really nitpicking lol) as the game looks fun and is fairly loaded for a pro imo.....

#5471 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Not Nitpicking, Yes the Pro is loaded - Nearly too loaded? (I'm thinking so)
Pro should have the long bank while Premium and LE's should have had Drops in Lily is all I'm sayin.
Lily to start is boring so to say as it stands. Need's more too it for such a lark target!
I can understand Dragula's target bank, as there would have been no room.

Pro has alot going on... especially when u compare it to the other models. 2 bash toys, 5 rgb inserts. magnet, dual gi, neat ramps, dragula kickout, diverter.,spinner and all the usual stuff slings, flippers, pops.
Yes the premium and le really sld of had drops and maybe all rgb inserts? Instead it just has a mini lower playfield with mini stuff.

#5534 5 years ago

I'm still excited for my pro.... game art looks amazing, has great ramps, great flow, nice dual lighting effects, cool lcd content,neat fun theme, 2 bash toys, magnet that messes with ball path ,a zap button that changes the way u play jackpots, different levels and lots other things. Are the rules gonna be deep like some people want... probably not. I'm ok with it for now as most my favorite pins are wpc pins and it has at least that plus lots of strategy with the zap button and the super/jackpots. Also there is a strategy for the munster madness also ...then there's the 3 levels that get harder and also change to hurry ups eventually. I believe it will b just fine when i open the outlanes and put it at 7.2 degrees. Ill let everyone know soon when i get my pro but I'm guessing it will be the perfect mix of difficulty once I'm done setting it up. If its not then ill sell it for a minimum loss after a few months and get something else.

#5542 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I put in some hardcore quality time on the pro and premium at Game Exchange. I gotta say I absolutely love the lower Playfield and having separate buttons to operate it is pure brilliance. For me it’s a gotta have, makes the game.

Both play fields are only active during munster madness tho right?

#5561 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

My dealer just told me my LE should ship first week of February

Possible but i was told that's when they go on the line so I'd expect the second week to start shipping

#5623 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, Zach is a distributor now, so that kind of colors opinions on things he's now selling, no?

Regardless the le sold out and the first
allotment of pros and premiums are sold out at most distros. It was /is one the best sellers out of the gate for stern. Theme, art and designer are very important and why its doing well .

#5658 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Seems the code on Munsters is trying to copy Monster Bash? Haven’t spent much time on MB, but isn’t the first mini wizard easy and second hard? Also no ball save?
I think it’s fine to make a simple coded game, but it has to be clever code. You can’t just take a “shoot the flashing lights” approach and simply reduce the amount of flashing light shots to make it easier. Then rinse and repeat for the “harder” mode but with more of the same shots.
So many great games have simple code but it’s clever. Look at TNA - really couldn’t be simpler but it’s really clever. Medieval Madness, AFM, both simole code.
Maybe it’s a new Stern directive and listening to Stern people talk on podcasts over the past few months seems to confirm it - simpler more accessible games. Beatles, Deadpool, now Munsters. Bit of a worry IMO. Suits Stern because it frees up a lot of coding staff and therefore lowers costs, but for the home collector it’s not so good. I can get simple games buying older games. I look to Stern for more depth and longevity.
And making simple but clever games is not easy. As far as I know there’s only one coder at Stern that’s proven he can accomplish that on a regular basis.

Very much like mb code... its even broken up into sections like mb. However there is much more to Munsters code already over mb imo. It has much more strategy for the jackpots/super jackpots and when to cancel or cash in. Also it has the zap jackpots and when and where to use them. Also Munster madness has a lot to do with what order you complete the different sections and you can really boost your score depending on that. There is a secret mode also like mb. Then you move on to different levels and hurry ups.

#5668 5 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Comparing MBr standard to Munsters Pro... which has a higher BOM? Looking at the hardware/BOM, it would seems Munsters with the color screen would come out as the better value. Correct?

I think they are probably similar ... stern really was going after a mb sequel. Many of the same kinda things and code imo.

#5699 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

why is everyone so fixated on starting the level 1 mayhem?
You should be talking about who is managing to stack their supers WITH the multiplier up, then starting the payoff mode.
The game has a playfield multiplier that you can reset the timer on! The juice is in the delayed jackpots, multipliers, and then collecting your mini-wiz mode.
It's like BSD or ACDC... the thrill isn't in simply starting the objective.. it's getting the objective with the right things together.

That's what I've been saying but everyone is fixated on munster madness .... the game has lots of strategies other than get threw 5 sections.

#5700 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

We took the Munsters in our league matchday yesterday. Visually it looks really nice, 2 colored GI (white-green) fits very nicely to the pin.
But after only 3-4 games and a playing time of about 8-10min the first player was already in the first level of the Munster Madness. That's damn easy, actually too easy.
I have the feeling that the Munsters for experienced players very quickly boring.
The mini-playfield is in my opinion a gimmik for those who like it a nice to have but not a must to have.
The function of Grandpa's laboratory is at the Pro on the Playfield as we can judge it fully.
But I will not buy it, at least not right now.

Sounds very much like monster bash which is what i think they were going for. I cld get to monster bash 5 out of 10 games in around 5-6 minutes . I had my game set up about as difficult as possible. However munsters has much more strategy added in then just getting to the madness mode which everyone is overlooking.

#5729 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I see the attraction to Munsters for sure (it’s a nice looking game), but price is a major factor. A pinball game at these high prices, better have deep code and be packed out as far as mechs and toys or it’s not worthy of a home purchase.
At current day high prices, I’ll have fun with it on location. If I’m paying $6 to 10k, it better have visible value and deep long lasting code, so no one gets bored in my home. I’m paying for a world under glass, not just mainly art and lights under glass.

Meh... super deep code is overrated sometimes.... I've had some the deepest pins and they didn't last long .... but bsd, afm and ft and many others lasted year's . There's a balance needed with layout, theme integration, sound/music/callouts, lighting and overall just how fun it is to shoot that makes a good pin.

#5733 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I'm ok with the code but the shallow code COMBINED with those long bar targets that will effectively "take care of themselves" in general gameplay, stops me from rushing in like I was going to.
I think those those long targets will make a simple game WAY TOO easy. And i am far from a great player.

One could probably adjust the targets switches so it takes a direct hit to activate rather than a random ricochet. That's what I will do to mine

#5735 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Don't think that’s possible. There are only two switches and there are 4 (or 7) letters to spot.

Huh? Ill just make the switch gap as big as possible (so it still registers) that way
it takes a hard direct hit to activate it and not a random bounce or ricochet of something ...

#5740 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So on the L I L Y targets you only want it to register if you hit the area by first L or the Y? I’m confused.

Basically ill make the switch less sensitive... when i was watching the streams it would register even with a light hit. So if i make it less sensitive ill actually need to aim in that area for it to register a letter instead of a lucky bounce . Thus making it a little more difficult to complete .

#5790 5 years ago
Quoted from slavin20:

There are a ton of LEs out there. The Pinball company and Colorado game exchange are just 2 that still have them

Not sure about a ton but probably 75-100 state side

#5794 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are they scalping these games above MSRP?
Is that why they are available?

O I'm sure many are...

#5886 5 years ago

Its definitely more involved than system 11 pins are. Its more like monster bash but with more to the jackpots/multipliers and risk vs reward aspect.

#5890 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Code-wise, yes, but mechanically it's at or behind many System 11 games, some of which had subways, multiple unique custom mechs, etc.

Most stern pins dont have much on them but are still fun overall....

#5906 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It will be fine i guarantee it. Everybody isnt going to like it but thats with any game. The masses will love this pinball machine. This game has been well thought out and the people involved in it at Stern have put a lot of effort into this game. This game is gorgeous and i can't wait to see and play it.

Agreed i don't care for starwars or got but i like munsters.

#5911 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can definitely tell that those kids are loving it can't you? That picture is proof that you dont have to be 55 or 60 (or 100 ) to love the Munsters!

I honestly never seen the show but enjoy the quirky fun monster theme and everything about the pin reminds me wpc pins which are my favorites overall. However i will be having/watching munsters over the next week before my pin arrives.

#5913 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you are getting a Munsters pin you definitely gotta watch the show! I think you will like it a lot. Its funny as hell.

Just ordered the box set and got 1 day shipping... ill be watching it starting sat evening

#5915 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I am less sure about that first part of your statement. The thing munster lacks is that after a game of it I never had that "if only I had one more ball, if only I'd hit that shot" With many sys11 and even early SS pins I have that feeling a lot!
The second part I agree with you in that there are huge similarities between the games - but there isn't much risk.

I was stating that the code is allready more evolved than system 11 pins.
The risk is saving all your super and regular jackpots up for the high multiplier ...... if u wait to long and fail you get nothing bc your game is over. Its about getting everything lined up for the big payoff in Munster madness but if u drain out you get nothing. I think it will be a good tournament pin bc of this .... plus they set games very difficult like a lot of folks will do. Mb dont have the holding of that stuff which is why it will hold peoples attention more so imo..... plus more code will come as the game was just announced .

#5934 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

But you don't lose the points you have gained, from memory Dwight said that the points carry from ball to ball.
Where's the risk

if u drain and your game ends without collecting them.....

#5958 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Fun
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dam u ... lol enjoy. Wanna hear your honest thoughts also...

#5959 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

These thoughts are deeper than The Munsters code.

U own ft and fh ... 2 of the shallower pins ever made in wpc era. Guess what tho.... they are great fun pins. So munsters is much of the same but much deeper already than those and will be plenty of fun and that's what is important.

#5961 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will share after i get an actual opinion and more games on it.

Of course...

#5963 5 years ago

Yes just got them. My kids and I love Funhouse and Fish Tales, though FT is much tougher. 2nd best topper ever as it sits next to my White Water.
Of course, I not pay anywhere near $7500 each though. Nostalgia, condition and fun are all factors, but price is a BIG factor for me.
No one in the house really cares about The Munsters as a show/theme.
I tried Dialed In to kind of give that blend of classic B/W charm and fun with modern tech and code, but it just didn’t do it for me. It’s beautiful and shoots smooth and is PACKED with shots, but just didn’t click with me. It’s like it has no soul or something. I don’t think the code is all that deep for the price tag, honestly.

What's 7500? Pros are available shipped to your door for mid 5 k with a warranty. Not a bad deal this day in age . Most wpc pins are nearing 4-5,k now and won't be brand new shipped to your door. Munsters is allready a huge seller for good reason and i think it will b one sterns best sellers eventually. I've never seen a munsters episode (way before my time) but i like what stern did with it as it feels like a wpc type throwback to me with quirky theme with humor and not so complicated ruleset.

#5967 5 years ago

I wouldn’t consider a Munsters Pro. It was designed with the most complete mini playfield ever. It has targets, ramps AND multiball. The pin has multiple flipper buttons to play on both levels at the same time. It has an awesome, multilevel, multiple playfield skill shot too. I mean, that’s amazing.
It’s not that I hate Pros. Maiden Pro is awesome. The Premium mechs don’t add much and have issues. MET is another solid Pro. But for Munsters, you’re removing the coolest part of the game. Borg designs full games. Stern then strips mechs out to get to pro level.
I had a Shrek once and the family LOVED Mini Pinball. If I got a Munsters without the lower playfield, there’d be no point.

I get that some may want everything ..... personally i don't care for mini playfields overall .... especially ones with mini balls and flippers. Yea the mini ramp and vuk is neatl but not needed imo and after a week of playing it wld b more annoying than fun . Also that's all u get over the pro for 2k+ more. If i remember correctly i believe borg designs the pro first then adds a few things to spice it up and so stern can charge thousands more for not much more stuff. If you look at his pins since stern has been doing the different models it looks like that is the case as his pros are usually just as good as the premiums overall..... at least compared to other designers. I'm not against premium and if i absolutely love munsters i may get the premium bc i like the art .

#5968 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I never once bitched about beatles. Game is a blast. price sucks but if you know me, you also now know there are deals to be had on golds...

Beatle's is a blast....

#5974 5 years ago

Yep munsters is one of the better looking pins stern has did. Everyone will be happy regardless which model u have.

#5984 5 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

I've been trying to find when Stern expects to start shipping the Premium models. Can't seem to find this info. Anyone know? I have an order in for one with a local distributor and am really excited. Ya, I know I could just ask them but it's the weekend and.... well, you know. It may be faster to get an answer here from you guys.

Premiums will go on the line around march....

#5997 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Definitely a beautiful game for sure. Did you make it to Munster Madness?

I watched a live stream earlier on fb (not sure where) and it was kicking peoples butts and they had a long ball save turned on and it wasn't set up very steep. I was happy to see this lol . I think set up right it will be fairly difficult even for better players.

#6000 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Definitely a beautiful game for sure. Did you make it to Munster Madness?

It really dont take much to get there if that's what u completely commit to doing . But if you try to set things up right to maximize points then its fairly difficult. Kinda like getting all the mb stuff going at once but to a different extent.

#6011 5 years ago

Most borg layouts are fan/basic layouts .... that said they are fast /flowy and fun to shoot. Most top pins are based off this layout for a reason. They are not for everyone but overall
most people like this which is why its used so much.

#6017 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

No Munsters destined for the Domino Arcade?

Doubtful after all his comments on how simple / easy it is.

#6025 5 years ago

As well as Munsters has sold out of the gate I'm willing to bet more code is on the way. I think its pretty good at release and Obviously can only get more enhanced . Only time will tell tho and the chance we take.

#6039 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We probably shouldn't be comparing the two games but since they are similar themes and both can be bought new right now, they're going to get compared like it or not.
I think what makes MB so great is all of the moving toys on the playfield, its awesome art, awesome theme, and the game shoots like a dream. Monster Bash is really an exceptional game but the Munsters isn't chopped liver by any means. Munsters also has the lcd screen and movie clips which is nice. I dont know how it shoots compared to MB but i bet it shoots pretty good.
This is a tough one for me because i love both themes/games and i only have room for one more game and i also want Elvira 3 if its good once it comes out. I think what i will end up doing is selling 2 games and get Munsters, Monster Bash, and Elvira 3.
Im so confused.

Both are so similar in rules and toys really. Just from the munsters pro to classic mbr..... Mb has a frank bash toy and drop bank, munsters has herman bash that moves and has magnet in front. Then mb has a moving drac bash toy and munsters has spot bash under the ramp.. Both have scoop and a far left saucer that kick different places. Mb has a head and lid that move but nothing that great there. One spinner on each . Dual gi on Munster pro. Ramps are cooler on munsters but mb does have a third ramp but its only used for one mode. Mb has phantom flip but its its nothing special imo. Munsters has lcd which is pretty nice even against the color upgrade of mb. Munsters has the zap button which has lots different things it does.

#6041 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nice comparison and some very valid points. What all is the zap button used for on Munsters?

Its used for deciding when u wanna cash in your jackpots /super jackpots and using the zap pots and some other stuff that dwight was talking about on the stern premium stream.

#6042 5 years ago

I hope to have mine late this week or early the following week. Ill give my honest view soon as its set up. Its my offseason now and i basically play pinball all day lol.

#6056 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You getting the Pro model bigd?

Yes

#6092 5 years ago

I really wldnt call Munster madness a wizard mode as its really not far away from the start button. This game isn't really about getting there its more about stacking your jackpots/superjackpots and zap pots and maximizing the multiplier with all that. Also i believe the better you do in your modes the more munster madness is worth. It also matters what order you start the madness modes in to maximize scores during that mode . At least when you get threw everything it changes up somewhat and gets more difficult and adds hurry ups. It cld just start over exactly the same as many pins do . Think people are to hung up on Munster madness...just play the game and have fun which i think it does. Ive had so many deep pins that ive never seen half of what's coded lol.

#6095 5 years ago

You enjoying it so far?

#6097 5 years ago

Anyone find the secret mania mode yet?

#6099 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This reminds me of a time a LONG time ago when a game company sent out a wrestling game to the press that sucked as a wrestling game, so the PR firm sent it with a multi-page set of instructions as to how to play it not as a wrestling game to make it fun. Unfortunately, even with their anti-instructions, it still was not fun. I think I still have that letter. Point is, you can explain how a game is supposed to be played, but if it's repetitive or boring or not fun, that's the key takeaway. BTW the not-wrestling wrestling game bombed.
Hoping Dwight is burning the midnight oil with a couple jr programmers and artists to get more code into the game.

But everyone said munsters is fun ... it fast and flows well also. I'm looking fwd to blowing up the score and not concerned about seeing Munster madness soon after i start playing . If its a huge deal.ill change some settings and set things up more difficult just like i do on my wpc pins.

#6100 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Truthfully, if you are HUO and don't play tournaments, who F ing cares about huge scoring and how you get there?
You are playing against yourself and sure that matters if you are competitive but how many people really study the code, strategies and how to score higher?
Who has the time? Especially if you have a shitload of pins.
Part of the beauty of pinball is the journey over the years of each game and figuring out the nuances. Don't need to know it right away (except for TWD)

Well u may not be happy with munsters than bc its not a journey game. Its more like mb and other wpc pins .

#6106 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, but that is not necessarily a good thing since i don't tend to like what the majority tends to like, lol.
Fun to shoot, rules on the surface seems direct but some definate layers to scoring, like that the jackpot shot is appropriately tough, and plays smooth
It is for sure a throw back type game and I like that.
Art is good
My only real cmplaint is that the damn video stuff takes way too long for route play and as a player I want to beale to double flip to skip it

O wow no double flip.to skip the animations....
Also I'm glad its a throwback and has layers to the scoring ... something different from stern .

#6155 5 years ago

New munsters code just dropped.... sweet. There's a secret mania mode and also a midnight madness mode. Lots of stuff added and fixed also . You can also see lots of add on and fixes in the readme from the prior .90 update also. Looks like some good things happening with munsters. Cant wait to get mine.

#6158 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So Munsters definitely has Midnight Madness.....
PRO V0.91 - January 28, 2019
============================
Fixed:
- Fixed issue where the playfield multipliers would not reset if they were
bumped during the grace period.
- Enlarging Ray from mystery will now complete Grandpa.
- Adjustment to disable SPOT was spelled wrong
- Fixed an issue while entering initials with 10 characters turned on
New:
- Added Secret Mania - You need a code. The first clue of the code is findable
- Each of the 5 family members has an area:
- Lily: the LILY bank
- Eddie: Either Orbit
- Herman: Herman toy
- Grandpa: Left ramp
- Marilyn: Right ramp
- Shoot each area to collect them. Collect all 5 for a bonus.
- Added Midnight Madness - Set your clock and start playing just before
midnight.
- Added Midnight Madness Champion
- Added Adjustments for Midnight Madness.
- MIDNIGHT MADNESS MULTIBALL - YES = The mode will run.
- MANDNESS CHAMP ATTRACT SOUNDS - YES = The game will chime on the hour
- The Mystery Feature now always lights MYSTERY SUPER JACKPOT in addition to
a random feature
- Spot Toy pops up at game start for a few seconds or when the ball is plunged
Tweaked:
- Raven Restart background lamp effect was hiding too many lamps.
- Tightened up the orbit timers to allow for awards even if balls are kicking
from the Dragula or the ball shooter.
- Removed the white shots from SPOT. They don't mean anything anymore.
- Changed default replay to 30M
- Adjusted the weights for Mystery and made Mystery more intelligent
- Removed redundant audits
- Improved the timing of some speech calls
- Grandpa can no longer be advanced during Spot

And a secret mode.... good stuff.

#6161 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Love how they call the Lily monobar a "Lily Bank." You can't have ONE giant, ugly, cost-saving rectangle be a "bank" unless you're talking about where that cost reduction money went at Stern.

Lmao

#6172 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dude...are you smoking crack tonight or something? If you think im waiting on The Munsters you are out of your mind!

Especially if u wanna pro bc after this week le on the line. Better order that pro now and u can have it next week

#6174 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont wanna wait but i got to. Got too many irons in the fire at the moment but i will be ordering soon. When they do the LE run will they make all 600 of them before moving on to the Premium's?

I believe so .. it will be a while before more pros are on the line.... probably end of March ?

#6176 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Not sure.
I’m scheduled to receive my LE by the end of next week. I am told the Premium will arrive in early March.

I thought le started on the line next mon? But stern can make some pins fast so that's definitely possible lol.

#6197 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I’m reeeeeally thinking of skipping Munsters in favor of AFMr now
Still following this thread tho

Afm wld be a great addition to your collection and something different .

#6198 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Incorrect, add 4 drop targets to the premiums and LEs Lily bank, and add more depth atleast to level 2s code.

Quoted from Wotto:

This guys bang on the money.
Agree 100%

Not gonna happen... .. except maybe the code part.

#6238 5 years ago

Sounds like it should of just been like mb with no targets on the left and just 2 on the right? Wld people have been more happy with that?

#6284 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

which ones are? I tried to think of one and couldn't. On MET there are lots of other things to hit also though.

U do know that met and munsters have essentially the same layout with same amount of shots? Actually most fan layouts have about the same amount of stuff to shoot at.

#6287 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some of you dudes need to take a step back and slow your roll.
Have you not learned anything?
I heard the same shit with TWD, "The Walking Dud", and BM66 "was the biggest POS money grab in Stern history".
I see what i see and i F ing like it, just like the two above.
The theme integration and LCD will give me great joy in and of itself!
Calm the F down and let the dust settle for Pete's sake.

Most are excited for this pin(or any new pin) but u know there will always be a few that are upset bc the pin didn't fit what they wanted.

#6290 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Munsters is closer to AC/DC's layout.

They all are very similar imo..

#6303 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I've got several games on Munsters so far. It's been on route here for 3 days. I've played the level II characters, but never all of them in one game. The values are boosted for the characters, but I didn't notice any big changes from level to level. I've played Munster Madness twice in the same game before and didn't notice anything different the second time around either, but I never completed all of level II so I don't know if there is a "final" wizard mode. You do have a couple opportunities for EBs so it wouldn't have to just be on 3 balls too. Currently the screen only shows levels I and II, is there a III?

No one really knows yet lol... i know there are 3 levels to just munster madness .

#6311 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok here we go guys....my very unprofessional review of this game. I only got about 10 games on it because there was other people there playing it so im no expert on the rules and im probably going to say things that contradict myself and all kinds of stupidnthings but here goes....gonna try and make this short but you know how that goes.
First of all this game is absolutely beautiful, stunningly beautiful! This game has great shots and they are very fun to shoot. The game is very fast at times but the game is also pretty damn easy too......thats not a bad thing unless maybe you are an excellent player because i loved ever minute of it even when i was having long ball times. Beautiful artwork, some of the very best ever on a pinball machine, nice light show, loved the lcd animations, nice toys, just f’ing beautiful and fun as hell.
Now lets talk about the bad. The bad is going to be bad for some people and not so bad for others. The bad is the code, its very shallow and old school. It didnt bother me because the game is so fun to shoot and i LOVE this theme....cant get enough of this theme...love it, love it, love it. I however can see a lot of people complaining about it though that arent huge Munsters fans. I have games that i dont love the themes like MET and AS for example. If the code on Munsters was on those games i wouldn’t own them. I mean a fun shooting game only goes so far and then you need to be entertained with a challenge from the rules right?
Games dont have to have deep code to be fun though but in todays times we are spoiled by it and want it, especially when these games are in our home. MM, MB, AFM arent deep but they are the big three and everyone loves them so Munsters doesn’t have to be any different. Rules nerds that dont like the Munsters will hate this game probably. Average players like most of us here that love the Munsters are going to want to own this game though I have no doubt about that.
Long story short i had a blast and i am in love with this game totally. The code doesn’t suck but there’s just not enough there to satisfy hardcore players or people who dont love The Munsters. I hope they add a little more to it honestly but if they dont i will still love this game because its fun and one of my dream themes. You’re gonna need to like the theme to like the game, its just that simple. I’m going to buy this game and its going to be the pride and joy of my collection, its so damn beautiful! I got to Munster madness on like my 4th or 5th game so that kinda tells you how easy it is to get there. The lilly and Dragula bars didnt bother me but it sure would have been more fun if they were drop targets. I love this damn game, im buying it, and it rocks. If you dont enjoy this game then you need to find a new hobby because you probably just dont like pinball that much.

Did the one u played have the newest code? Also the game can be set up harder I'm sure... set at 7.0 , open outlanes up some and take away the multi ball save and limit extra balls and it will b more difficult. If that don't suit u can change some settings to make things more difficult. Regardless I'm not worried about it as I'm sure others aren't eaither. Game is fun, fast beautiful and has alot to offer and not every pin in a collection needs to be jjp.

#6314 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok here we go guys....my very unprofessional review of this game. I only got about 10 games on it because there was other people there playing it so im no expert on the rules and im probably going to say things that contradict myself and all kinds of stupidnthings but here goes....gonna try and make this short but you know how that goes.
First of all this game is absolutely beautiful, stunningly beautiful! This game has great shots and they are very fun to shoot. The game is very fast at times but the game is also pretty damn easy too......thats not a bad thing unless maybe you are an excellent player because i loved ever minute of it even when i was having long ball times. Beautiful artwork, some of the very best ever on a pinball machine, nice light show, loved the lcd animations, nice toys, just f’ing beautiful and fun as hell.
Now lets talk about the bad. The bad is going to be bad for some people and not so bad for others. The bad is the code, its very shallow and old school. It didnt bother me because the game is so fun to shoot and i LOVE this theme....cant get enough of this theme...love it, love it, love it. I however can see a lot of people complaining about it though that arent huge Munsters fans. I have games that i dont love the themes like MET and AS for example. If the code on Munsters was on those games i wouldn’t own them. I mean a fun shooting game only goes so far and then you need to be entertained with a challenge from the rules right?
Games dont have to have deep code to be fun though but in todays times we are spoiled by it and want it, especially when these games are in our home. MM, MB, AFM arent deep but they are the big three and everyone loves them so Munsters doesn’t have to be any different. Rules nerds that dont like the Munsters will hate this game probably. Average players like most of us here that love the Munsters are going to want to own this game though I have no doubt about that.
Long story short i had a blast and i am in love with this game totally. The code doesn’t suck but there’s just not enough there to satisfy hardcore players or people who dont love The Munsters. I hope they add a little more to it honestly but if they dont i will still love this game because its fun and one of my dream themes. You’re gonna need to like the theme to like the game, its just that simple. I’m going to buy this game and its going to be the pride and joy of my collection, its so damn beautiful! I got to Munster madness on like my 4th or 5th game so that kinda tells you how easy it is to get there. The lilly and Dragula bars didnt bother me but it sure would have been more fun if they were drop targets. I love this damn game, im buying it, and it rocks. If you dont enjoy this game then you need to find a new hobby because you probably just dont like pinball that much.

Also like u said there is more to the rules but if you don't worry about trying to stack things together to maximize stuff then yes its easy to get to the madness mode...... much like mb its easy to get to m.o.r but trying to stack everything is fun in itself and blowing up the score is fun.

#6324 5 years ago

It would be cool if they added a final (wizard mode) after completing all three levels( 7 sections, all jackpots, cascading hurryups) of munster madness . Then after getting thru all the regular modes again on level 2 a final wizard mode would happen but only if you finished thr madness mode the first time.... if not then pick up where you left off prior.

#6329 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

This seems reasonable and would be perfect IMO

Maybe call it munsters of mayhem.....

#6404 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Correct - not enough there!

Not going to happen. Dwight already said that it's almost complete, bugs and adjustment to scoring will be about all that will now come.
(I hope I'm wrong) but I have no confidence in Dwight changing his mind.
Look at GB, Now trying to say that their was never meant to be "Are You God" in the game.
But it's printed on the Instruction sheet and displayed in the Display setting!

They just added midnight madness and a secret mania mode plus lots other stuff in the last 2 updates... so never say never lol

#6411 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Eh no. I played it. The code sucks. But it’s partly related to the fact there is barely anything to hit and that sucks too. Ramp shots are smooth and tastey but there just isn’t enough in this game for me. Dragula shot gets to be a drag after a few games also. I’d actually take Star Wars over this. Playing IMDN and Deadpool in Stockholm tonight and the difference in those games compared to munsters is simply massive.
On artwork, in my view of the game is a turd then it having epic artwork is almost ironic. GOTG probably points that out.

Nothing to hit.... it has more/same than many pins in your collection? Very confused why you keep mentioning this? Its a fan layout with 2 ramps, 2 bash toys , scoop, l/r orbit, left lane/kickout , magnet that holds ball, pop bumpers, 5 targets and 2 monobars. What else would you like?

#6413 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Come on now Neil! I love ya buddy but Munsters is way more fun than Deadpool is!

I like playing deadpool pro but man its kinda clunky in some areas.

#6423 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

—>What are people hearing on actual LE delivery dates?

They will be shipping starting the end of next week all the way thru February...

#6454 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The grace period on the super skillshot is SUPER long - like 15 seconds or something. I was surprised by that. When you have all that time and can miss and keep trying during the grace period, why WOULDN'T you select that every time.

No ball save tho so its risky

#6494 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Are you sure you’re not on Stern’s payroll? Lol
You’re trying to explain away a currently shallow coded game as okay. Again it’s only okay if they charge a great deal less.
Appears Munsters is a great location table. Throw in some dollars, have fun. Danger of shallow code in a home environment is boredom setting in, unless deep code is there like Batman keeping you coming back. Batman is a good example of all types of players being satisfied. No one has to make up explanations for shallow code on Batman, because Lyman doesn’t do shallow code. Price is somewhat justified with Batman for home.

Shallower code sucks on home environment for some maybe but it works fine for most people . Cgc seems to he doing well selling remakes from the 90s with similar code? Also most 70s/80s/90s games are very popular and continue to rise in price and munsters has more code than most of those. Munsters pro is cheaper than cgc pins and many older pins now.

#6551 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I was fortunate enough to play the games at Helicon last night with my friend. Definitely lots of thoughts lingering for sure....
The game nails the art, presentation overall, and audio callouts, and I'm guessing only has room to develop overtime, to the level of where Batman 66 is at presently. I was worried about too many zany sound effects, and the laugh track, but things seemed fairly balanced, aside from a wacky slide whistle or two too many here and there.
I think we played maybe six or so games a piece, and neither of us made it to Munster Madness, as our skill level is fairly basic, but I did get a sense that we saw a good amount of what the game has to offer, overall. The Grandpa scoop was pretty easy to hit, as were both ramps. The targets on the left and right of the left stairway ramp sometimes deflect a shot a bit too much for my liking, and the power of shots on the right inverted ramp often doesn't flow hard enough to make the loop entirely, and feeds it back down at you. Not sure if that is a flipper strength issue or game design issue.
The Herman Bash toy feels a bit lifeless, and really would benefit from being a mech. It just kinda sits there, and feels a bit large and clunky for how little it does. Otherwise I liked how the color balance on the table was, and felt it was more subtle than the eye garish pop I feared.
I can't say much about code, depth or lack of it, but I can say I don't feel a strong, strong compulsion to play it again. I do, to an extent, to verify my feelings, but less so regarding feeling excitement over the shots, modes or overall feel of the game. We played Addams directly afterwards, and felt if the visual package above didn't exist on the Munsters, and overall audio feel, it wouldn't be that engaging to play, whereas the shots and modes on Addams had us really engaged, and after all of these years of playing it.
Currently, this feels like a game I'd play here and there on site, but wouldn't want to own. I went from wanting that LE on reveal day, then thinking a premium down the road when budgets worn a bit better, to now waiting to see what else develops throughout the rest of the year.
I did watch these French guys play, and they really nailed it, and had far, far more success than I had. I think my high game was towards ten million.

This wasn't even the newest code

#6563 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Again, I got through levels I and II, but I know I didn't complete Munster Madness properly (which I assume is putting up all the pictures on the portrait wall on the screen), but the game still rolled over to Level II when Munster Madness ended, and went through that. I'm sure there are some other things that weren't completed "right", but the point is I've seen everyone boosted, seen all Level I lit, seen all Level II lit and two Munster Madnesses in the same game. There doesn't seem to be any indicators for level III except text, but I didn't get far enough to know for sure.
You have to remember that Stern and its employees are in the business of selling pins, even if they make their designers say misleading things to do it (Game of Throne's "as designed" broken orbit BS that Steve Ritchie had to swallow publicly after privately saying for months that a fix was being worked on, etc).
There's NO WAY Keith Elwin and that level player couldn't at least get through all the level I and level II and two Munster Madnesses in the same game in their sleep, unless they get hung up trying to stack multipliers and boosts, which is risky and will screw you up in my experience. If they're trying to just straight line it, they and any reasonable player could do it after not that many days, maybe even in the same day with enough time on it. Maybe part of the answer is to reset all level I if you don't actually complete Munster Madness right instead of advancing the player to level II automatically. Throw a little extra content on level II to make it more special and that would help a lot.
I don't want to keep making negative posts because I really like the theme and hope the code will be improved. I only answered this one specifically because you essentially accused me of lying. I've pretty much said all there is to say about issues with Munsters, so I don't think it's productive to post any more flavors of the same information.

There are 3 levels to Munster madness also. Lots of value comes from what you do prior to it. There's more to the game then meets the eye imo.... will it be for everyone ...well no . A lot of top pins i don't care for , but this hobby is great bc there is something for everyone with so many choices. Munsters is allready a great seller out of the gate and i expect it to keep up. It will be well loved just like the remakes and 90s pins which all have just fun gameplay and not super deep rules. Munsters has more to it than most of those already imo . I will almost bet when i set mine up this week that it will kick my butt bc i set my games up pretty difficult. Bsd is one my favorites for years and there's not much to it ... but it just works .... which i believe munsters is much the same.

#6606 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's not much difference between Levels I, II, and III characters except more qualifying shots, so I doubt Munster Madness level III (which I have yet to do) is much different. I really think the game shouldn't let you advance to level II until you can complete Munster Madness properly.
I did get an almost 50 million Super Jackpot tonight, which was fun.

The first time u get munster madness there are essentially 3 levels to it that u can finish .

There are three parts: Part One - Complete an area In the first part you are completing any of the seven areas. Each area buffs the multiball in some-way: 1 - GRANDPA - LIGHTS ADD TIME - until part three 2 - LILY - ALL SWITCHES SCORE - until part three 3 - HERMAN - STARTS BALL SAVE - once per cycle 4 - SPOT - START BOOST ALL - until part three 5 - RAVEN - LIGHT KITTY - once per cycle 6 - EDDIE - DOUBLE JACKPOTS - until part three 7 - MARILYN - LIGHT SUPER JACKPOTS - until part three The area will stay complete until the end of the 3rd part. Part Two - Shoot Jackpots After each area is complete Jackpots will light for a short time. Each time you collect a jackpot the timer resets. Part Three - Cascading Hurry-ups After all 7 areas are complete and you have had a chance to collect jackpots a series of Hurry-Ups begin. The Hurry ups are worth more the more jackpots that were collected. After Part Three the whole thing resets and continues for the length of the multiball.

#6623 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just realized the left flipper on this Munsters is really low compared to the alignment hole. Is this a one-off mistake, or are they all coming from the factory like this. Anyone else have their left flipper resting low compared to the alignment hole?
I want to correct it, but not if it will adversely affect how it plays.
[quoted image]

I doubt its supposed to be like that.... id line it up with the alignment hole

#6625 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's my impulse, but it's weird that it's off by so much and no one caught it on the line.

Possible it moved after it was played?

#6663 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know people (i.e. the Law) make fun of doing a coil count, but let's be honest... you know that is a factor in BOM and assembly time/cost. Each coil = a mech and more things to install/code/wire...
From a player perspective, coils = interaction. It is the chance to flip a ball, a diverter to change a ball path, a vuk to move it somewhere else.
Stern typically has 16 coils on a Pro model.
Classic B/W games are always 20+
The continual comparison of Mun to TAF is silly from a player interaction and game play perspective...
14 coils on MUN. 24 on TAF
[quoted image][quoted image]

Believe Munsters has 15 if u include the magnet also . It's also nice the pro has the dual color gi which adds a nice effect during gameplay. But yea not many games compare to pat l pins as far as toys and cool mechs.

#6668 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t get me wrong I love me some Stern, check my collection for proof of that but we are in 2019.
We really shouldn’t still be grateful that we get RGB lighting, in this day and age with a consumer tech, it should be standard at this point.

I agree but we gotta take what we get with stern lol

#6687 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Thanks for the input!

Doesn't the premium have dual color GI?

Yep only difference between models is the art and lower playfield

#6712 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The coil count threads are even dumber than the dimple threads lmao. Can someone please start an Official coil count thread so we can talk about Munsters on this one? A coil count thread would allow people to go and see how many coils every game has and that would help people decide which games that they should buy.

Think there actually is one somewhere....

#6777 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The LE model does look really nice, looking forward to seeing one in person.

No one has really known until today whether or not the level 2 and level 3 character modes are substantially different then the level 1 modes. $6k-$9k is a crazy amount of dough to drop on a pinball machine and for that price I would expect there to be more variety with the level 1-3 modes. As fans of the theme many of us would like to see more content pulled from the show for each character and used in the level 2 and 3 modes versus just reusing level 1 mode assets. What's the fun in having to hit more shots or having less time with the same clips and audio playing? None in my opinion. Having a new scene from the show play out with different shots along with different animations + sounds for level 2 / 3 modes just sounds like more fun. The same thing goes for having a unique wizard mode as each set of modes is played versus just playing a more difficult version of Munster Madness each time.
Seeing Stern offer a high level of mode variety in a game like Star Trek across it's 18 main modes (6 modes each with 3 levels) but then not doing something similar with Munsters makes me as a potential buyer that I'm not getting as much value. I think it's a fair criticism and considering this isn't a fan / owners thread is the place to openly discuss it.

Level 2 does have different animations according to some people who have seen it

#6779 5 years ago

Also apparently if you shop around you can get a nib pro shipped to your door for 5450? I believe ifpa people can get them.even cheaper? Not bad for a nib pin with warranty imo

#6791 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's really 3 multiballs for Pro and 4 for Prem/LE since most people will not regularly see the Midnight Madness one.

Just set the clock accordingly and you can c it more lol

#6825 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I just can't get into POTC for some reason.... Maybe it's that flat shot straight up the middle into a dark abyss that loses me, or a lack of licensed voices and such, but it's sadly my least favorite JJP. What gets you jazzed about it?

I thought POTC did really well with sales, compared to Dialed In anyway. I saw a video where Jack stated it had as many preorders in a month's time, compared to Dialed In's first four months. Something to that extent. What do you feel is garbage about the theme? I'm not super hip about the phone aspects, but this non licensed theme reminds me far more of the 90's glory days of whimsical themes and ideas, than anything since.

It did when first announced but when it took forever to start producing it and they took away some features ... many backed out including myself

#6929 5 years ago

The old lady and i spent few hours on Munsters pro today...... very fun with great light shows , shots , ramps, callouts, animations, super fast and flowing with tight shots.(especially the left ramp) The one we played had no ball save and wasn't even the newest code. Great fun and didn't mind the code overall and will be great in our collection. The game was very unforgiving and if you missed a shot than it most likely drained out the outtlanes. We thought it was like met but more difficult . Also lots of strategies for scoring and many ways to get your name in at the end. Not sure if one we played was changed from factory settings but it kicked out butts for the most part. Loved it and can't wait to get ours next week hopefully.

#6935 5 years ago

Game is kicking peoples butts like it did mine today lol....guess it all depends how its setup but definitely can be brutal

#6938 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah it can but its not TWD or GB butt kicking thats for sure. Thank God!

Good .....they made me more mad instead of having fun

#6939 5 years ago

Looking fwd to wonka also especially if its pat l.... but i dont have my hopes up that it will ship in a decent time after being shown

#6941 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Will ship April. Show at TPF and it’s Pat’s new table. A regular body. Looking forward to it!

I hope but I'm very optimistic

#6947 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The Munsters pro is awesome value. JD doing a great job on twitch stream again.
It's the "Munsters" theme man!!!! Gotta love it baby.....

Its great pin for the price imo.. had few hours on it today...really want pats next pin

#6953 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Get ready for TPF then BigD
Btw, I don't see anybody blowing through Munsters and the wizard mode on this stream. It ain't that easy.

It kicked our butts today and those are good players on the stream . Any pin can b difficult if set up correctly...

#6965 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

He killed it. The others couldn’t get over 2m. Game looked like it played brutal. I think that’s the way to set this one up. Looks like fun.

Yep it can be brutal.. it kicked my ass today(all day) shorter ball times than any other game i played which was 20 of the newest sterns ... the people that said its to easy and a walk in the park must have it set up to easy or something. I was impressed with munsters pro and if the code pans out a little more it cld be one of the better /best more recent stern pins imo. It has it all and checks all the right boxes.

#6966 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Man that guy is a incredible player. That was fun to watch. This game is awesome and the code damn sure doesn't look that bad to me.

Who was that guy? There were lots great players playing (much better than me) lol and it was routinely kicking asses. I think this pin will b just fine for most people /collections as long as its set up right.

#6970 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I reckon a lot of operators are putting ball save on. I like the way it was set up for the stream - tight tilt and default (no) ball save. Maybe Open the outlanes also.

One i played today had no ball save, open outlanes and was very difficult. Can't wait set mine up.. its gonna be super fast and evil...

#6987 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Theme or what?

Believe he has a mble on order so one or the other is probably enough in a smaller collection imo... they are very similar imo but i can allready tell I'm gonna like munsters pro more than mb ...especially for much much cheaper .

#6988 5 years ago

I heard stern had some issues at the factory during that very cold spell... it pushed pros back also which y i haven't gotten mine . Bc of that the le are also pushed back a bit .

#6993 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I heard a pipe burst and 140 units were destroyed. Mine has also been delayed.

This is correct unfortunately.... i heard 100 or so units got messed up. Good thing is stern is well..good at getting pins out so only few weeks delay. Any other company it wld of really really put them behind

#6999 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wonder what they do with 140 games that got water damaged?

Probably salvage what's good and rebuild.... its not like the whole place flooded just a pipe bust and got lots pins wet in different. stages of the build

#7009 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So Bigd you like Munsters better than MB so far right? Any particular reasons why?

Munsters was more difficult for one reason, better animations and sound, better light shows(compared to original mb), .more strategy to ganeplay/code. Mb is a fun pin no doubt (for its time), but there's just so much more to newer pins imo. Tons of clips and callouts on newer stuff and just so much more you can do with programming these days compared to the 90s.

#7012 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

IF it's taken advantage of...

True but almost all newer pins have more to them than 90s stuff bc of the limitations at the time. There's much more to a dam game then the code depth.... and munsters does it very well imo.

#7014 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

New pins have more code and big displays, but but less actual features that interact with the ball (in most cases). Look at MB, when you battle Dracula you are literally physically battling and defeating him, not virtually battling him on a screen. Big LCD screens are nice but honestly if I want to watch animations on a screen I would be playing video games on a 60” 4K TV.
Gravity + things that interact with a pinball = Fun! Watching clips on an LCD not so much for me.

Its the total package that most newer games have that make them.super fun. Like i said 90s pins are my favorite overall but the newer stern pins are just plain fun and hold up.better in a smallish collection(due to more content , strategy and code) better than 90s pins imo. Not to mention a nib pin for little over 5k to your door.

#7019 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

To me, it’s a balance. Take tz, for example. Power pf, gum ball, drop diverter, 4 flippers, all balanced with great modes and the camera. The monkey wrench with huge payload is the porcelain powerball with its multiball. To me, this is the perfect balance of features and code depth. It’s also has refined adjustments for setting difficulty.
Although I won’t be playing Munsters until later next week, it appears to be lacking in both code and features for a 2019 game. I’m sure it will be fun to play, but I can’t see it being close to one of the all-time greats. To be fair to stern, TZ was guaranteed to sell a massive number of units.

Yea tz is one my favorites and by far the best 90s pin imo... stern will never b close to tz lol.

#7032 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

We’re these 100 units pros or LEs?

Believe it was pros.. which y mine got pushed back . They are only supposed to be running le now but have a line of pros still on (as u cld c in video other day) so they can get out the first allotment of pros. This is why the le are running a few weeks behind from my understanding.

#7033 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its all good and its even ok if you say that the Munsters sucks, i can respect that if that is your thoughts of the game and its a hands on review. The only people that bother me is the ones that keep coming back in here and saying it sucks 50 times. There are lots of games that i dont like but i don't go to their threads and dog the game over and over and over.
Thats only a couple of people that im talking about by the way and c clip isnt even one of them, neither is Vireland. When Vireland talks he knows what hes talking about usually, althoughi disagree with him about Munsters but thats ok also.

Its crazy to me as no pin really sucks ... some are better than others but all pinball is good and anytime a new one is made its great for our small hobby and a win for everyone. Its all really a matter of taste/opinion anyhow as everyone likes different things. There are many many highly regarded pins that i just don't enjoy or click with for one reason or another but they don't suck. We sld really just be happy we have so many choices now bc this hobby was basically dead for 10 years. We all cld just be fighting over 90s pins and mediocre stern pins lol. Also what other hobby can you get most of your money back after u play it for a while? Anyhow i hope my munsters gets here next week as i really enjoy playing it... if not i have one 5 min away to get my fix till then

#7064 5 years ago

Isn’t the Munsters Madness feature on this game just that? A feature?
Still not concerned I would think it will develop over time and maybe put something in back of the game as a true wizard mode
Who-Dey you got to get the lower playfield brother

Yep a feature that has many levels to it to complete.

#7066 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is it worth $13,650?
I don’t know how they sell any games overseas

Agreed that's nuts... but for
Mid 5k shipped to me its hard not to buy here in the US

#7080 5 years ago

Man nobody is touching Dracs now a whole bunch just sitting there this game has turned a lot of things on it’s head

?

#7086 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

This theme does absolutely nothing for me. For all the Pinsiders that crap over a theme like WWE and then get all hype for the Munsters??
Really??? The Munsters!! They haven’t been relevant since forever ago.
This pin is a hard pass for me....Next!!

Never seen a episode till few days ago but i love the theme.... campy fun horror .. what's not to like.

#7220 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I need to be talked down off the ledge....Ive got a deposit on an LE and I’m seriously thinking of bailing and buying Beatles Gold instead. In fact today I’m going to my distributors to play Beatles and decide.
Unlike some of the complaints, I love the look of this game - it’s pure Borg. I love the Le package. I like lower playfields. The whole game draws you in.
For me it’s purely code related. I know a game can improve with code, but listening to interviews and comments, this one sounds more or less complete - any changes will be mostly cosmetic.
I think I’ll just sit it out and wait for the premium to decide if the game has changed enough. I’m not a big fan of the black and white compared to the LE package but could live with it.
But then I can’t believe I’m considering a Beatles over this. I’m complaining about the simplicity of Munsters code, yet Beatles seems even more simple.

Yea im confused also ....i like playing both but there's more to munsters and more to the the code. Also munsters is a lot cheaper .... at least for us.

#7241 5 years ago

What happened to just enjoying pinball and having fun just playing ? To many people are focused on current code, future code and how it will.end up. I get this to a point bc of the cost of these toys but if you love the layout, toys theme , art and lighting then I'm sure u will enjoy this pin overall. If you don't then you sld be able to sell it with out taking to big of hit ... what other toy or hobbie is that forgiving.... ?none that i know of and you get to enjoy pinball in the meantime.

#7310 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

That LE is Stunning!
I’m surprised Stern doesn’t have a cool Topper ? Last topper I remember from Stern is Kiss & Walking Dead ??
Come on guys

Stay tuned......

#7322 5 years ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

I have been interested in buying this game. Played 10 games at a local bar today to make sure. Ball got stuck in 5 of those games. Most of the time on the right side orbit... but one crazy ball stuck in the pic below. Was this a fluke?
[quoted image]

Id say.. never had this happen in hours of play at the arcade

#7363 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You seem to be able to do what nobody else could do on the JD stream except for the one freak player!
I don't buy that its too easy. It didn't appear that way for some really good players.
I'm not sure I'd want to keep any pin long term in a 1-3 pin collection.

Old lady and i have many many hours on it and were both average or slightly better imo and we have yet to complete the modes in a game ...let alone get to the madness mode. Its pretty difficult with tight shots(left ramp, kitty, dragula) and unforgiving outlanes(especially the right) Guess it all depends how a game is set up tho as we saw on the jd stream(and they were good players). I'm sure eventually(soon) will get to the madness mode but i cld careless bc there's more to the game then that. Also new code will be coming soon that balances and adds more to the levels and tweaks the modes. This game will be just fine for most people in few month's.... till then its very good and fun as heck imo.

#7372 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

unfortunately stern is not good at finishing code once the game is done. you better be happy with it the way you get it . any updates are a bonus!
luckily not all pinball CO. work that way... It a Pirates life for me!

? Stern has updated code many years after a game is done. Also Munsters is still at .91 and willl have at least 2-3 more updates if i had to guess. They just started shipping them ..give them a little bit of a break.

#7426 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Munster blows Deadpool Pro away!

2 way different pins but i really enjoy dp pro...

#7458 5 years ago

I have a tempurpedic bed and was thinking of getting this. I may just sell a pin and get a new sleep number bed with this addition tho.... so much money tho but im tired of my back killing me.

#7460 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hate to go off topic but My Pillow is the real deal. It has literally changed my life and i swear by them. If you havent tried one, do yourself a favor and do so.
The hate and trolling in this thread is getting ridiculous though. I already know two people who have left this thread because of it.

A bed ? Or the topper and pillows? I need to do something bc my back is killing me most days. Sorry for the off topic stuff. I hope to have my munsters this week but who knows... the dam delay at stern really screwed me lol.

#7463 5 years ago

Thanks for the info guys I'm going shopping now ... but not for pins..lol

#7466 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Get the mypillow premium and use their size chart so you know which one to buy.

There's more than one ? Lol... wonderful..I'm very indecisive . Gonna go do some research while waiting on the approaching winter storm

#7468 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes, theres a size chart on their website i believe. Answer those questions and get the right size and get the mypillow premium.

Awesome thanks... I'm assuming premium is the best they offer

#7469 5 years ago

I want my munsters now lol. Sld be a code update soon

#7471 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I completely agree with this. I have a mattress with a thick “comfort layer” on top. Got me so hot every summer I had to keep the A/C on 60! I’m serious. This dual temp product from sleep number is awesome!! They truly do cool like an a/c. and they heat in the winter. Now I keep the A/C at 70 in the summer at night and sleep very comfortable. Buy this.

That sounds nice...

#7484 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

They may soon be offering a My Pillow LE !!

I may wait then ...all depends on the upgrades and price...

#7490 5 years ago

That's why i love this place..... we spend 10k+ on a toy game and we can talk about bedding also.

#7493 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok i have an idea. Lets talk about Lily Munster and bedding![quoted image]

She wld be welcome in mine anytime...

#7615 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I didn't find the review exactly favorable... It was listed at the bottom of their previous reviews, ranking wise.

I believe they changed the way the grading system works now so they need to redo all the ratings like how munsters was done.
I found the review positive overall and basically how i feel. Also still early code and things will get better ..... very soon

#7619 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Disable the lower playfield and you have a Pro so that really doesn’t matter much. I think the lower playfield is going to be a love or hate thing and some people will use it and others wont.

Yeah i don't think much will change with the review over the pro

#7631 5 years ago

Nothing like heading to the fedex facility at 2am to pick up your munsters....

#7634 5 years ago

20190223_021410 (resized).jpg20190223_021410 (resized).jpg

#7658 5 years ago

Have about 50 games on my pro and its a great pin imo. Shoots great with some fast flowing shots.... its not that easy imo and i think the code is very solid for as early as it is. I wldnt call the madness mode a wizard mode by any means but more of a enhanced mode after completing the others. There is alot to the code after you figure it out and the risk/reward part of it is very cool. So many great lighting effects , speech, sounds, video and little things in the code that are great. The game won't be for everyone but it will fit just fine in most collections. Have mine set at 7.2 degrees with factory settings otherwise.... .got to madness twice but drained very quickly and didn't complete shit.... game can be very brutal .

#7667 5 years ago

Translucent will look great

#7682 5 years ago

Munsters may seem simple code wise at first glance but its actually really good and thought out with lots of little things going on. But yea if u look at the madness mode as the depth then yea it seems shallowish. This is not the case however and if you give it some time there is a lot going on. Also the code has tons of lighting effects,sounds, callouts, video content and much more there then many other newer pins. Its actually pretty dam brilliant and will only get better.

#7684 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If lighting all 6 modes isn't the right yardstick, what is? I'm curious what you find fun/compelling about the ruleset.

Did u watch the deadflip stream from the stern factory? If not u sld ... its about lining everything up for a huge payoff basically...which is super hard to do . You have stacking of superjackpots,multipliers. Zaps, boosted characters and stacking characters together to increase everything. There's more but thats the basis of things.

#7687 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I casually watched the video when it was released. I guess I can watch it again to see what I'm missing.
I guess I prefer games with 2 stage modes...easy to light, but difficult to finish. For IMDN, you collect "soul shards" when you finish a mode. In LOTR, you get "gifts". In TRON, you can't progress to Portal without completing the modes. In Beatles, lighting a song is easy...completing a song is more difficult (need to get to "level 5"). All of these achievements are pretty explicit in the respective games (true for Aerosmith as well, come to think of it).
The stuff you are talking about seems more subtle...not necessarily bad, just an observation. The other thing I love is "combos", which seem under utilized in Munsters. Just to be clear, these are early observations/impressions...I'm far from an expert after 30 games or so!

Yea its definitely different than most games but i think that's y i like it lol. I do wish they wld add a new mode for completing all the main modes.. kinda like mb but different from the munster madness mode. Not gonna lie but my first 15-20 games i was just meh... but then i watched that stream again to understand the rules and absolutely love it now. Also over 70 games ive only got to madness mode 4 times and did absolutely shit in it lol... there are 3 stages just to it. My game is brutal at 7.2 and factory settings.

#7689 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pretty much every 90's game figured it out.

You can be mode based & score based simultaneously. It's just logical...do well/progress through modes, good scores will follow. When games make you jump through all sorts of weird hoops to get scores instead of rewarding you with intuitive gameplay, it's an instant turn off for some. Dwight's rule theories are extremely polarizing, that's been very clear since GOT. You can explain them all you want, but when you're playing pinball you either "feel the fun" or don't.

These types of slot machine/Rainman tournament player rules that have nothing to do with the theme instantly make a player like me tune out.

I don't think munsters is over complicated by any means... not like sw or got but kinda like gb in a way. Its pretty easy to figure out after a bit of play. It won't be for everyone(what pin is) but i like what's there overall and think many will like it once they understand it.

#7706 5 years ago

There's plenty of easy/medium/hard
accomplishments in the code to satisfy most players ...that's what i like about it. Depending on my mood and time frame i can go for different things. However it kicks my ass most of the time so it really dont matter lol

#7758 5 years ago
Quoted from Jaketime81:

Super pumped, I recived my first new in box machine today a Munsters Pro! I noticed a flaw in the clear coat on the sides and bottom of the munster madness insert. It looks like the insert sank down and during the clear coating process or something, and has a ugly ripple effect and bump in the clear. It is visually noticable while shinning a light on it or looking at it with a light reflection, as seen in the photo. I can also feel the bumps while rubbing my finger over it. It does not seem like it affects the ball rolling over it durring game play but I only have about 20 games on it. Im not sure if this is normal or if I am just being to picky and should not worry about it. I have it set up at my shop under giant strips of tube lights, once I take it home it will be in a darker environment. What do you guys think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If it starts chipping then u have issues but id bet that it will be ok.

#7812 5 years ago

I love the code overall now that i have figured most of it out and the levels vary enough to make it feel different and fun Only thing really wish to be added is a final mode for actually completing the modes and the madness mode. Maybe a mini one for beating all the modes and not madness ... then a similar one but more elaborate and more points for beating all the modes and finishing the madness mode. Kinda like mb

#7815 5 years ago

That green looks nice

#7843 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Just read through the complete rule sheet and comments. Definitely a lot more going on in this game than I thought.
http://tiltforums.com/t/the-munsters-rulesheet/4781

Buy my pro when i upgrade to a premium

#7847 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Hit me up when you decide to move it...you have my number. And if you still have that poor WCS all dismantled in your dining room I’ll take that too just to save it.

I do lol.. figured longer i hold onto it the more it will be worth as prices continue to climb on the b/c bally/Williams pins .

#7869 5 years ago

Back on dimple gate now i see...

#7872 5 years ago

Still loving my munsters pro .. actually more so than i originally did. Also nee code is coming soon and also new Ghostbusters code is supposedly coming also .

#7910 5 years ago

Good gracious.... does anyone ever play and enjoy pinball or just look for reasons to bitch. If you don't like it ..don't buy it. Should be happy new pins are still being produced. I'm going to play my munsters now and have fun after a long day

#7981 5 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

This LE is one of the best pins I have owned in the last 9 years. Always want to play again.

Its a cool theme with smooth layout and ramps... the game is just fun to play with nice sounds and clips.

#7983 5 years ago

Not sure if its bc my game is getting broken in or something else but over the last few days its been destroying me..I'm lucky to start a 3 ball herman mb. I can't get anything going and its not being very nice... but i kind of like it lol.

#8002 5 years ago

Boom new code.... its only gonna get better but the .96 is nice

#8008 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Munster Madness was already pretty easy. Not sure why a new version was made easier.

Pretty easy to get to.. not finish. Now with things changed up i doubt i see level 2 madness at all .

#8024 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Just joined this thread. LOTS and LOTS of hate about this machine. I want a Pro REALLY bad, but have not played one yet. For those of you who have a Pro, did it meet your expectations...now that the honeymoon phase is over?
Plus, it now looks like there is new code to make it better.

Love the pro.and new code made it even better

#8043 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I'll be, how on earth did such a terrible game end up at #3 in the top 100?

Don't get to excited.. the usual low raters will hit this week lol

#8048 5 years ago

Munsters smokes Maiden

I've had both pros.. i liked the layout of maiden but thats where it ended . Overall i like munsters better...

#8054 5 years ago

Wow.. that is beautiful

#8080 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Is level 3 madness the end of game or is there another mode?

Wish i cld get threw level 1 with the .newest 96 code lol

#8095 4 years ago

Looks like a bunch of premiums are at the Texas pinball show...

3 weeks later
#8145 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Just saw the first Pro for sale under $5k at $4800. Pretty sure it’s the TPF raffle winner but it’s disappointing to see all these Pros for sale so quickly and the $5k line being broken so soon.
I have a sad feeling that Stern doesn’t have much more time for Munsters sales and that if Elvira 3 comes out this fall as expected that will further cannibalize sales since I expect the two games will appeal to the same buyers and Elvira certainly won’t have shallow code with Lyman at the helm.

There have actually been 3-4 for under 5k...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.