(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aussiepinwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1229 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:I doubt Munsters was popular enough overseas to send half the LEs. I would guess more like 100-150.

Quoted from clg:

Agreed, this is a very USA specific theme. It may be a good game but it is an odd theme.

Think again.

50 will sell in Australia alone!

1 month later
#2371 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

We all need to vote with our money and just say no to Stern’s policy of giving very little in game toys, quality and code depth versus what other makers give us for our money spent. That would return pricing away from gouging us to being fairly priced again like it was just 7 years ago. When Tron could be purchased NIB for $3,800. Hoping Munsters will reflect a change in offering and fair pricing,

Fair pricing?

Just curious. Do you know anything about running a business and making profits (which is what businesses are in the business of doing)?

2 weeks later
#2710 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I am still in therapy trying to overcome what Stern did to Star Wars.

Pro SW or Premium SW?

For me they are world's apart. The Premium is one of the hardest pins I have ever played, but I keep going back to it, and rate it as one of my all time favourites. Once you get at least a couple of balls into that hyper loop, and have them spin around in tandem, and then try to get another couple of balls also in there to get the amazing multi-ball ... and try to get that Death Star cracked open ... you're hooked for life.

#2849 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What say you Pinsiders! How bad will sales get hit by Stern’s order of priority????????

There will be absolutely no affect on the LE sales.
They will be all sold within hours.

Pros may take a small hit.

#3054 5 years ago

I'll take the date before the date it is released in the USA.

(I'm on the western side of the International Date Line)

#3272 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

slow Beatles sales appear to be the main thing holding back the release.
They wanted to try and push those through the xmas and new year sales time to close out 2018.
ALso, makes sense to wait for CES at this point.

That's not how Stern run their business.They know that few buyers of their machines purchase every machine they make, so there's no Beatles sales reason to delay release.

My distributor knew Munsters would be a 2019 release a few weeks before Beatles was released.
Other Pinsiders posting in the 3271 posts in this topic have said as much.

Beatles sales has nothing to do with the Munsters release date.
Stern 'sold out', and now they move on, according to their schedule.

#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Exactly. The pinball collectors who really wanted Beatles have already been “looked after” by their distributors and bought a Diamond or Platinum.

Most of the people who really wanted a Beatles in my country bought the Gold because it has exactly the same playfield as the other editions!
Yep. Exactly the same!
They bought theirs to play and enjoy, or to put on location, not just to 'collect' or to on-sell.
Beatles Gold is not a 'Pro' that is effectively a stripped down version of the "LE/Premium".
It's an identical playfield.

The Diamond and Platinum editions went to pinball enthusiasts who have more money than they know what to do with.
The rest who 'really wanted Beatles' have bought Gold.

images-4 (resized).jpegimages-4 (resized).jpeg
#3517 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:That was the intention!! Haha.
Yes, there are LOTS of NIB buyers here, and there is an overwhelming negative chorus who just shit on everything, no matter what.
I’ve said it MANY times... I simply don’t get it. If you hate modern Sterns... why spend so much time in these threads?!
I personally LOVE these machines. I also love Early SS games, and a lot of EMs.
If I don’t like a game... I spend exactly ZERO time talking about it.
I’m very excited for Munsters. Can’t wait to see it in person, and flip it.
If somebody ISN’T interested in this release... what the hell are they doing here?!

Some people need to get a life! If they can't, they spend their time trying to spoil everyone else's life.

#4356 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

@Vid just corrected me, his is in fact correct with Meteor. I could have said ACDC is Sterns best selling game since 2000.

Stern is the name of two different but related pinball companies. Stern Electronics, Inc. manufactured arcade video games and pinball machines from 1977-1985. Stern Pinball, Inc., founded in 1999.

Meteor was the best selling game of the former. ACDC is the best selling game of the latter.

#4629 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

My dillema is, "Which pin do I sell to fit Munsters LE in my line up"? Can't sell any!

Buy a bigger house!

#5000 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Luci was a premium, not an LE

Luci was indeed a premium.
171 were made, and were worth more on the second hand market than the other premiums.

Luci 'Vault' however was produced (as were the other AC/DC vault editions) only a few years after Gary Stern said there would be no more AC/DC machines after the initial 5 year licence to produce expired.

#5083 5 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Quoted from Rolls-Royce:
The 100 LE are 220 volts for Europe and Australia market>

I'm told there's only 50 heading to OZ

You were told right.
AMD may now get 10 of the extra 100.

#5176 5 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Bruce told me fixed at 50

You may have more up-to-date info.

Nevertheless, I'm so mad at the change from 500 to 600 LEs that I've vowed never to buy another Stern LE ... for at least another 3 months!

#5389 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'll never buy a launch hype LE ever again.

Me neither!

Not for at least another 3 months.

#5423 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Luci was a Premium, never an LE.

True.

Luci was a Premium, yet better than either LE (all LE lower playfields perspex frosted badly).

#5756 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your hypothetical is pointless because much of the Stern machine parts are ALREADY being manufactured in China and just shipped here to be assembled in the cabinet and on the playfield.

He's not talking about parts. He's talking about labour. Stern's labour expense per machine is a significant cost compared to the relatively cheap Chinese parts used in each machine. Labour costs are why many manufacturing jobs have left the English (and other) speaking world over the last decade and gone to Asia. Would assembly of the entire machine in China and manufacturing of every component in China plus shipping costs produce a cheaper machine than the current way of doing it? If it did, would the top brass of Stern want to live in China (Gary, the designers, the coders, Zach, Jodie, Patrick ...) just to make a larger profit? I doubt it. To move the entire operation to China, Gary will need to find great pinball-loving designers and coders and pinball gurus who want to live in China. Taking them all out of Chicago, while the USA remains their greatest market and generates nice profits for Stern, and severing that link which has been built over the decades, would be a mistake.

1 week later
#6310 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

For those who have played Munsters and who complain the code is too easy

Please define 'easy'.

I rate Spiderman as one of the easiest games made by Stern. Yet I love it. Lots of fun. But very easy to get to Battle Royale.

Is Munsters a harder game than Spiderman? Easier that Spiderman? About the same?

1 week later
#6792 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:Lol i don't think you guys whine anymore than anyone else. Plenty of whiners in the U.S. also, way too many actually. Aussies are good people!

Aussie don't whine. We whinge.

2 weeks later
#7629 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Also there's some very good news coming regarding this game but i cant say what it is right now. Its all good in Munsters land folks believe me.

Sounds great!

Go on, give us a hint.

Does it start with the letter 'c? Or the letter 't'?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aussiepinwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=aussiepinwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.