(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

488 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Who-Dey. You are on page 1 of 2.
#45 5 years ago

This is a dream theme for me. Please do not eff this up Stern! This needs to be a Borg/Lyman game BAD!!!

munstersfamilyportrait (resized).jpgmunstersfamilyportrait (resized).jpg

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What up with dat Elvira?

Shes coming

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The music / theme never gets old.
Grandpas basement lab, spot as a bash toy,
The house, Eddie looking for wolfie, chase shot.. The car, and Herman himself..!
Ive got Munsters on the Brain.
Never saw these!
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

I got Munsters on the brain too Art. This theme has so many cool things that they could do that its insane. I would love to see Lyman on code. If he is this game is going to be a smash hit guaranteed!

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m seriously considering holding off a Ghostbusters Premium purchase to see the finished product of this title. Considering the last couple of games Stern has produced it seems to me this could be a real winner...... hope the cabinet and playfield art is similar to AS/ GB / IM and not SW.

I would definitely wait and see if it were me.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Really hoping this is the next Stern!

Its not the next game unfortunately. Deadpool is supposedly next.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

People here have criticized Lonnie for code, but the most recent TWD update came out more than 3 years after the machine was released...
Either way, it's a theme that longs for JJP... Stern will just screw it up.

Go buy a JJP game then and leave this thread to people who like Stern Pinball and The Munsters please.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Point being that it's not fair to bash Lonnie when Lyman is still making substantial changes to code 3 years after a game was released.
Frankly, Stern shouldn't be releasing *any* game with incomplete code. Code updates should be reserved for bugs, not features.

Dont feed the Trolls guys for real because its just going to derail this thread.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Definitely a Munsters Pinball should be in black & white... and everything in it.

This is tough for me big time. I dont think i really want a all black and white pinball machine for sure, but i also cant imagine The Munsters being anything other than black and white. Whatever it is, i can't wait to see it. I am so excited about this games possibilities!

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Yawn...Zero interest in this theme. The show hasn't been in syndication since the 80's; no one under the age of 30 knows what the Munsters are...Is there a new movie or re-branded show coming out?

If you have no interest in this theme then why on earth are you here?

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

it needs to have a lifting staircase

You know it will!!

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Sure - gottcha. I don't believe though that the Munsters title is part of any Kapow deal.

From what ive heard, it is not a Kapow game.

#196 5 years ago
6AB29B6B-206A-4A7B-B5C4-A5FF3B84F17E (resized).jpeg6AB29B6B-206A-4A7B-B5C4-A5FF3B84F17E (resized).jpeg
#198 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I'm all in on Munsters, I think it will be a great theme just like TAF. But frankly I'm surprised they aren't going with something far more current and popular like Stranger Things...now there's a theme that's just begging for a pinball machine and it's one of the hottest properties in Hollywood.
Regardless I'll be picking up Elvira AND Munsters, Stern is going to get a bunch of money from me, damn them!

Same here! I also want IMDN too, im going to have to get a second job!

3 weeks later
#200 5 years ago

We need some more Munsters hype! Anybody heard any rumors lately?

08AE04CE-FFF5-43FA-8822-9001A0A851E8 (resized).jpeg08AE04CE-FFF5-43FA-8822-9001A0A851E8 (resized).jpeg
#204 5 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

That’s what happens when you’re riding in the car and Siri is dictating

Haha....so true!

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Can’t wait to see and hear about this game. Could be such a cool title, so hopefully Stern throws a ton into it like IMDN.

Amen! Borg has supposedly said that this is going to be his best design ever. I hope he is right because that would be nothing but great news for us, because his games are already awesome.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Would be nice if it had more than 2 flippers as well.
Seeing Spot the dragon coming out of the stairs would also be a nice touch.

3 or 4 flippers would definitely be nice. Maiden with its 4 flippers was definitely a breath of fresh air and made people get excited about pinball again.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Next up
4Q18 Deadpool. 1Q19 Beatles 2Q19 Munsters so yeah a year out.

Thats not what im hearing

#228 5 years ago

Hello Gary....can you please hurry up and get this damn pinball machine made please?
B05CE0FC-96E9-4196-8B0D-3B9E80758D3D (resized).jpegB05CE0FC-96E9-4196-8B0D-3B9E80758D3D (resized).jpeg

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Most people are speculating Deadpool in a couple of weeks, Munsters Q4 2018 (maybe at expo) and Beatles in Q1 2019.

Yep thats what ive heard as well.

#235 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Franchi, Borg and Dwight doing the Munsters by the sounds of it.
Franchi said on TWIP that Borg & Dwight is working with him on his upcoming pin.

Hmm......that would be good news if true!

#245 5 years ago

Holy shiiiiit!!! Am i allowed to say that on here? Who cares i said it anyways....i have a feeling that this game is going to be amazing....like Monster Bash/Adams Family on steroids!! I am stoked for this game big time.

#251 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When expectations are this high..there will always be disappointment. Love the theme, but the designers are screwed...at least on pinside. Let the b1tch1inng begin.

I haven't been let down by a Stern game in a long time personally. The 2 flipper games were getting a little stale and IMDN was refreshing because it is different but i love how Stern makes their games. They always have a good theme and fun gameplay. With all of the creative things that they could do with this theme, i do not think we will be seeing a disappointment at all. John Borg has never disappointed me yet and the code should be solid with Dwight on it. Nothing but high hopes here.

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I have 2 Stern games...and nothing but good from/for Stern. I hope this is a home run. But, pinside tends towards “you ruined my childhood! It could have been this”...ala, Star Wars...just pinside reality. Again, I love the theme!

Well you are definitely going to get some of that on here for sure. Some people wouldnt be happy if Stern shipped all of their games with a million dollars stuffed inside the cabinet. They definitely have a few letdowns here and there but over all they make good games i think.

I think SW was a little bit of a letdown because people were expecting such big things but all in all it was still a good game. It just seems like they could have been more creative. I think The Munsters is going to be done up good. I really get that feeling. We will know soon looks like.

3 weeks later
#263 5 years ago

I think in about another month or two after Deadpool is revealed that the Munsters hype train will be rolling full steam ahead!

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Geez i hope you're right. After seeing Maiden and then seeing all the usual 2 flipper games it would be great.

I agrer 100%. Theres nothing wrong with 2 flipper games but the upper flippers on IMDN are a lot of fun.

#266 5 years ago

Give us 3 flippers Gary!

Fred Gwynne as Herman Munster enjoying a smoke (resized).jpgFred Gwynne as Herman Munster enjoying a smoke (resized).jpg
#274 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who’s doing the code?

Dwight Sullivan

1 week later
#302 5 years ago

Guys why do i have this feeling that The Munsters is going to be something super special like IMDN is? Im trying not to get my hopes up too much because i dont want to get let down but this pin has so much potential because of what can be done with the theme and who the people are that are involved in it, that i can't help to be excited about it! I cant wait to see this game.

u-g-P6E9KP0 (resized).jpgu-g-P6E9KP0 (resized).jpg
#316 5 years ago

I like Transformers too! Lol

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Here are the different works of Christopher Franchi for Moebius on The Munsters. I think that gives a good indication of what can be expected for this pinball in terms of artworks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ohhh.....that is just beautiful and i hope that we see something like that!!! I could absolutely live with that art there for sure.

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm nobody but I've heard rumblings from others who have connections that this game is set to wow you. Coding, looks etc..... It's going to impress.
I have absolutely no interest in this theme but I wanted to pass that along for those looking forward to it. I have very high expectations.

Ive heard the same thing delt31. Ive also seen a few people mention on here that it is going to have Kapow BM66 type pricing too and if that is true i just dont think i will be a buyer because that seriously ticks me off. Yeah its only 1500 more or whatever but im already at my limit pretty much right now and id probably just say screw it and not buy one. I hope those rumors arent true because this is really a dream theme for me kind of.

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Beatles is KaPow
Munsters is normal 3 tier release.

Do you know for a fact that The Munsters is a normal 3 tier release or are you just assuming?

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'll be waiting on a 2nd hand game. Already priced out of NIB and if it's Kapow pricing I might have to wait for a 3rd hand game. But I thought The Beatles was going to be the Kapow game not Munsters.

The Beatles is definitely a Kapow game from what i understand. That is why i was surprised to hear that this game may have inflated pricing. It has been mentioned a few times in here that it could be that way, i just hope that its not true. That would be such a bummer.

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

From the folks I have heard from this is a tier 3 gave like the others.

I pray that your sources are correct because i want this game so bad i cant stand it.

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

It is 3 tier.. art is gonna blow your mind

Awesome! I cant help but to smile when i hear stuff like this but im trying to keep my hopes and expectations to a minimum in fear of being let down but i know that this game could be epic ao easily that its not even funny.

We better not get a Herman Munster bobblehead for a toy like the Deadpool one because this theme deserves much better than that. If i see something like that i may do something crazy like set all of my pins on fire!

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Where did you get these pics at? Do you think they are real and if so where is the pro model???

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

The purple edition side armor covers the lockdown bar, lockdown bar is suppose to cover sidearmor.

Yeah i wonder what's up with that? Are we being pranked here you think?

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Guys and Girls.
Please understand that posting images can put certain jobs at risk. Questions get asked, fingers get pointed, and it is not fun for anyone.
So if you actually LIKE the people that work on these projects and want them to retain their job then its a good idea to keep certain stuff not posted public.
If you don't like these people and want Mr Photoshop copy and paste stock art to rear his ugly head then go ahead and post away.

Why would these images put anyones jobs at risk? If they aren't the ones that leaked them its not their fault. If they are the ones that leaked them then they put their own jobs at risk so that would be their fault.

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would like the images too....pm me ; )

I didn't save them or i would send them to you, hopefully someone else will. They look nice if theyare in fact real pictures.

#396 5 years ago

Damn this thread is generating more excitement than the Deadpool thread!

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Agree, I've had the damn theme song in my head since this AM!!! LOL

I hear ya, and i can't get Lily out of my head!

Screenshot_2018-08-26-13-57-02-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-08-26-13-57-02-1 (resized).png
#496 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Deliberate leak to poach sales from Monster Bash
No way that gets out on accident!

I would say there is a very good chance that you are right iceman. All i know is i can't wait to see this game and it better not have any cheap azz generic bobblehead toys. This game has to have nice figurines on it, no exceptions. Better be a Grandpa's basement also!

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Indeed, I won’t settle for anything but the finest GI Joes ziptied to the PF

LMAO!! You are ate up PW!

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

AARP-qualifying themes just don't do it for me.

Says the guy who owns a Adams Family pinball machine.

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

1992 TAF.....come on now. Got to do better than that ; ).

The Munsters and The Adams Family both came out in the mid 60’s i believe. Yes ther was a adams family movie in 1991 but its still about The Adams Family that everyone watched back in the 60’s. If they made a Munsters movie right now would it make you like the pin thats coming out better? There are rumors about a new Munsters TV show coming back out actually.

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The last one was TERRIBLE. I hope they do a LOT better if they're trying another Munsters TV show again...

Im not sure if its going to happen or not but there was some talk of it. I would love to see some of these old shows come back. They would probably screw it up though like you said. The biggest thing i hate about todays tv shows is the commercials. A 30 minute show has 15 minutes of commercials.

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They shipped just over 10k pins in 2017.

IMDN is really going to boost sales for 2018 also. They are still in high demand from what im hearing.

#558 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

We will see if they let them stay posted.

They wont .....better save the images if you want to keep them lol

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Actually, I think so! I'll admit, I've been stuck on the 1991 TAF, and while I've seen still images from the b/w version, I have never felt the urge to see the source material. Raul Julia nailed that performance so well, I am too scared to look back any further ; ).

Dont be scared, buy those old DVD’s and enjoy them. The Adams Family was a cool show!

#614 5 years ago

You mean that you guys wouldn’t like to hear “Hey hey we’re the monkeys and people say we monkey around....but we’re too busy singing to put anybody down”..........over and over and over again??

#649 5 years ago

I truthfully dont want a lower playfield because i just dont like them. You dont have to have a lower playfield to have grandpas basement. That could be shown on animation after shooting the ball into the basement.

#685 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Make no mistake
I want a SW
Just not enough to actually buy one
It’s hard to explain

Its not hard to explain at all, you’re a tight ass!

#687 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

There’s some truth to that my friend
But it doesn’t apply to this scenario I promise.
I bought Aerosmith *after* the Star Wars reveal so it wasn’t about money/space
SW disappointed me so much I almost called Stern to complain lol

I know and i feel ya believe me. SW is NOT a bad game at all and its kinda fun honestly. I just think most people had higher expectations for it and were let down because it seems like its kind of stripped down a little and it just killed the mood for many people. SW is definitely not a bad game though. If they would have just threw a few nice toys and figurines in there i think people would have been alot happier with it.

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So, I don't really have the space or the money for the Munsters. Saving up for a different NIB... But, this thread has me excited regardless, as I'm a huge fan of the original series. In fact this thread got me so excited I bought the dvd box set from amazon. Working my way through the episodes now.I'm almost to the last episode of the original Marilyn.
One thing I'll say about this pin. And I do hope to get one, one day... I think it could look really amazing. And while I said I'm not currently buying old pins. My dream pin is Creature from the Black Lagoon... And I got to tell you all. Think about how amazing a Creature, next to a Munsters, next to a Monster Bash and next to at least one Elvira would be. My brain would just explode at the sheer awesomeness. One day I'll have that lineup... One day...

The Munsters could very well end up being better than Elvira 3. It has the right team of people on it and the right theme to be a Monster hit.....no pun intended.

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

What is considered Dwight's best coded game? I know he worked with Keith on LotR and TSPP. GoT? GB? T2? STtNG?

Has to be GOT and SW i would think.

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

If you are a fan of Gottlieb Haunted House. Munsters LE/Premium will be your game. Jacked up 2018 style !

It better be better than Haunted House, that’s all i got to say! lol

#801 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Found this exclusive pic of the main bash toys Stern designed for Munsters. I don’t much care for them since their arms don’t move
[quoted image]

If any of those toys are on the Munsters i wont be buying one.

1 week later
#882 5 years ago
Quoted from Gost2dp:

This might have the potential for me to look at this instead of wanting a ghost busters premium. Not sure yet. I almost have enough saved, actually enough saved, but want to buffer my savings account before making a purchase.

Definitely wait for Munsters to show up and then make a decision. Also have you played IMDN? So many great choices right now. Its a great time to be a pinball fan!

#883 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I really feel this pin will need a Mansion topper.

Agree one million percent!

#888 5 years ago

Even the car wouldnt be bad as the topper but the mansion would probably be ther best. It has to be one of the two though i think.

#889 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I just played a ghostbusters pro. And while I loved it... It did give me a little bit of pause. I do want a premium, so its not apples to apples, but I think still a good enough experience to judge...
And wow, that flipper gap is tough.. Yes, I know if I owned it, I'd get use to it and figure it out better... But, wow...
I really love the art, callouts and animations for Ghostbusters and the music too!!!!
The modes though I think are way too linear. I kind of wish they'd make them more random. As it is, I'm always doing the same modes over and over, cos I suck at the game. Which is funny as I scoffed at some people when I said that the game was too linear. But, until you play it, you really can't tell how annoying it is. It's not bad... Its just the high difficulty I think exacerbates this.
So if Munsters has amazing code, and great gameplay... I could be swayed to put off the ghostbusters purchase for a bit.

I think you are spot on in your thinking. The flipper gap is rough for sure but you can move the outposts in and that helps on the side drains a little and kinda helps you forget about the flipper gap a little. Ghostbusters will also make you a better player because you have to hit your shots or its going to be drain city for you. I personally love my GB Premium but i would wait and see what Munsters has to offer. Its not far away so you may as well wait right?

#891 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well, also I am not rich. So I don't have all the money for either right now... Each month I get a little closer though. Can't really complain though. I have spent and paid for 2/3 of what my car costs on pinball this year. And I don't drive a beater. I drive a nice, decent car. But, I don't have any desires on owning expensive cars... Expensive pinballs... HECK YEAH!!!!!

Im the same way buddy, my car is paid for and im gonna drive it for at least another five years and not have a car payment, that way i can buy more pinball machines. Ive bought alot of games lately because ive been on a mission to have a nice gameroom. I never dreamed when i started that i would have as nice of a collection as i have in this short of time. If you set your mind to it, it will happen faster than you think. I got room for one more game and then its sell a game to buy another if there’s something that i gotta have. Im glad im almost to that point because i need to slow down.

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

pinside setting themselves up for disappointment......again

Not really, we just wont buy if it sucks. Pretty simple really.

#901 5 years ago

I havent seen many lower playfields that i like so if its stupid i may go pro as well. I cant buy day one anyway so im gonna have plenty of time to see all the models and study them.

#935 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

it's Kapow, so it will be bend you over a barrel-time on price.

You got that right and for that reason they can stick it up their asses just like i told them to on BM66. I wouldn't buy a Beatles pin though even if it was at a cheaper price.

#950 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No way. I'd have KISS LE again any day over any current flavor of Deadpool. (I'm not great about keeping my collection updated on pinside. Moves too much. I'm a recovering pin addict and have limited myself to max of 2 at any given time, so there's a lot of churn)

I actually really like Kiss alot and id own one too. It gets kind of a bad rap imo.

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

let's get some new themes and get out of the 60's and 70's.

Deadpool just came out, so there you go!

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

As a fan you have to wear this...
[quoted image]

I want a shirt like that, where can we.get one?

#1040 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

It's ok - He can think what he wants. I just think some of the occasional extraneous fishing in this thread is unproductive.
Let's just sit back and relax and wait. It won't be terribly long. Heck, tomorrow is October 1st already. It's all good.

So you're saying that The Munsters is going to be about fishing then? Im getting so confused

The-Munsters-Grandpas-Call-of-the-Wild (resized).jpgThe-Munsters-Grandpas-Call-of-the-Wild (resized).jpg
#1225 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Geez, next thing you are gonna say is you weren’t a fan of the Beverly Hillbillies, Gilligans Island or Hogan’s Heroes? Wtf!

Iceman you may have just hit on two great pinball themes in Beverly Hillbillies and Gilligans Island.......

2 weeks later
#1377 5 years ago

Y'all just need to relax a little bit. You're way too uptight!

Screenshot_2018-10-21-07-33-09-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-10-21-07-33-09-1 (resized).png
1 week later
#1590 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Just from the Bradford exchange..
They have some Munster stuff..I did buy the clock
[quoted image]

That clock is awesome! They also have a lamp that is sweet too!

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

A few weeks ago I would have said Munsters, if done right, would be my next game.
But then CGC came out with MBr (priced quite nicely) then they reeeeally got my attention with the recent AFMr price drop. Holy Shit!
AS took like 2 years to finish. Any rumors on how long it will take to finish Munsters? Does anyone ever get intel about that?
Anyone else apprehensive about Munsters pricing? Will Stern raise prices? Hold steady? Lower? Inquiring minds want to know.

They will not lower prices guaranteed, but if they keep raising them they are going to start losing customers real soon im afraid, me being one of them. I would wait and see what Munsters looks like before jumping in on a MBR. I have a feeling that Munsters is going to be a must have game!

#1601 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern lowered the MAP a few games back.
Honestly the $400 color rom is the #1 reason I’m not on the CGC bandwagon. When Stern makes a legit Pro they’re about $1K less than CGC CE. But when Premium is the way to go with Stern that’s when CGC CE + Color rom shines a bit more.
First world problems. Woe is me. I better post about my delimma here
It sure feels like a $5,999 Monster Bash is move to take market share.
Are we finally at the point where competition drives up quality & drives down prices?
In terms of waiting for Munsters that was my plan but then I remembered it’s best to wait 2 years after release when it’s a Stern. That’s a lot of waiting! You could argue those days are behind us but we heard that with Avengers.
Maybe CGC will release Elvira when Stern releases theirs lol.

That may be true about the code PW but dont forget that MB has a shallow code also and its finished. Munsters will most definitely ship with a lot better code than MBR has.

#1623 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wrong again and par for the course

Im just glad he hasnt went on a big GB rant. Its coming soon though i can feel it!

#1636 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Couldn’t agree more! It’s unbelievable what they give us for the high dollars we give them. JJP on the other hand gives us a great deal more in light shows, sounds, motorized toys that interact with the ball, quality, code and depth. Although I wish their prices we’re lower as well.

Yeah and i played Dialed In and WOZ a couple of days ago and was very underwhelmed as well. They werent bad games but DI sure isn't 9k good either and WOZ was just ok. Stern games are much more fun in my opinion.

#1652 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This game will be a top seller and probably one of the best Stern full featured games since the Simpson’s Pinball party and POTC. (Premium/LE). Trying to keep the hype train down but this one is rolling full steam ahead. LE will be full Technicolor

Better game than IMDN?

#1728 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Nope it will be a Queen pinball machine release!
I WANT IT NOW!!!

That's a great great song and I'd probably be interested in Queen pinball machine for sure, but for right now its Herman Munster for the win for me!!

#1731 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree- just having fun while we wait patiently for the release.

This is how i feel waiting on The Munsters Pinball machine.

Screenshot_2018-10-19-01-54-30-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-10-19-01-54-30-1 (resized).png
1 week later
#1791 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Team Stern deserve a well earned break.

Man I wish that you ran the company that i work for. They work our asses into the ground and just keep doing it and doing it. They could care less if we are in here having to work 12 hours swing shift every day forever. I always gotta laugh at them though when they act like safety is their #1 priority and when they talk about family values and stuff. Of course when you do that though they think you are an asshole and not a team player. I guess my 35 years of service and only missing 3 or 4 days of work during all that time means nothing to them.

Oh well enough ranting, bring on The Munsters!

#1797 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

@ Who-Dey
Keep working hard and try to take satisfaction in a job well done. 35 years at one place is outstanding ! If I were your boss I'd give you a new pin when you retire.
My place of work is really good. One of my bosses has helped me carry pins in my basement on several occasions during midday break or he has run over to my house right after I call him when the delivery truck drops a pin at the house.
Yes - bring on the Munsters. I'll have my boss give me a hand when it comes !

Thanks buddy! I always do a good job and take pride in what i do, even when i hate the place because thats just my nature.and how that i was raised. Where i wlork at was at one time considered to be one of the best places to work in the whole area, now they cant even get people to apply here lol. Things have changed alot over the years thats for sure.

It sucks though working at a place where everyone hates their job hourly and salary both, talk about a bunch of angry people and bad attitudes. They went to the tiered wage scale and nobody wants to work here for what they start out at now. You add that to the fact that a big percentage of people just dont want to work anymore and alot of people cant pass a drug test and you just cant fill jobs.

This place just had 20 people set to interview and only 8 of them showed up. One guy walked out of the interview when he found out it was shift work, 5 failed their drug test so we got two new employees out of 20 lol. Also only about half the people that they hire will stay once they hire in. I've never seen the job market as good as it is right now. There's something wrong when you cant find young guys to work for 60-100K a year.

#1798 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m in on a Premium if there is no lower ( Granpa basement) section.

Im pretty sure the Pro model is the only model that isn't going to have the lower playfield. I also want a Premium with this game here but like you im not a fan of lower playfields so i don't know what im going to do.

#1804 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I talk to a lot of companies and they ALL are experiencing the same worker attitude and unfilled job positions you describe.

I hate to say it because it pisses people off, but these younger generations just dont want to work anymore. Im not talking about everyone of course but alot of them are just lazy as hell. I know alot of young guys that work hard also but i know alot more that wont hit a lick.

My company is telling all the employees to try snd find people who want a job here and to have them fill out an application. I honestly can't find anybody because everyone i know says they wont work like i do. Man i wish that i had that option to be that way. Its awfully cold here in Ohio right now though and i really like to eat so i guess i better keep on working because being hungry and homeless would suck. My old hound dog loves to eat also so i gotta keep plugging away for him as well. I worry about him more than i do myself honestly lol.

#1805 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Got the clock from the Bradford exchange. Can’t wait for the pin!!!!!

I love that clock. They have a really cool Munsters lamp also.

#1808 5 years ago

Check out this Munsters lamp. Make sure you look at all of the pictures. Man $200.00 dollars though.

https://m.bradfordexchange.com/products/125937001_the-munsters-ghastly-glow-table-lamp.html

#1810 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Is it a cuckoo clock? Looks pretty cool

It says every hour it plays the Munsters theme song and the lights flicker.

#1813 5 years ago

I want the clock and the lamp both so bad i cant stand it. Why did i have to see this? WHY....WHY...WHYYYYYY???

#1819 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Because you must!!! (I have no table in the room for the lamp...yet)...
Side - decided to look up definition of "cuckoo clock", as no pin pics to stare at yet (I collect watches, and was curious).....
"A cuckoo clock is a clock with a door from which a toy cuckoo comes out and makes noises like a cuckoo every hour or half hour." (Collins English)
I don't want that....want a Munsters "Kooky" clock....

My grandma many years ago gave me an original cuckoo clock with the bird that pops out and then a lady came out and she spins around while it plays music and for the life of me i dont know what i did with it. Im thinking i might have given that to my uncle but i need to find out because that was really special and would be worth good money right now i bet.

Also my uncle used to collect watches but i dont think hes into it anymore and it seems like i remember him saying that he might sell some of them? I know he had some really nice ones so if you would be interested let me know and i will ask him about it.

#1820 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

are there any leaked photos of playfield circulating?
Would like to see if so.

None at all that i am aware of. There were the leaked photos of the cabinet but i assume that you already saw those probably right?

#1822 5 years ago

Wish i had some playfield pics for you but i dont. All i know is the premium /LE is supposed to have a lower playfield and the Pro does not. All rumors of course.

#1825 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

wow!!!..my grandpa had a cool one where the bird came out, and some sort of carousel that spun w it....was amazing, but long gone now....grabbing that Munsters version now....too tempting
I've had to curb my watch pursuits as of late...talk about crazy $$$! I've got a nice selection, but thanks for the offer....
Unless a Munsters watch appears....

Yes that is the same clock that i had and it had the big long chains with the pinecone weights that made it run, it was awesome. I like that Munsters lamp just as much as i like the clock. Neither are worth their asking price but they are so awesome that i may get them anyways.

#1839 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

FYI Munsters complete series on sale at Best Buy for $15, down from $40!

Thanks, may have to pick that up!

#1844 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

bought the box set and arrived today
[quoted image]

Just ordered mine online also and it will be here next tuesday, cant wait!

#1848 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Pro for me as well..... Pro’s and LE’s are the first to get shipped?

Yes usually Pros, LE's, then Premiums i believe.

1 week later
#1997 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I’m confused
When is Munsters gonna happen?

Much sooner than your bank account wants it to! Your savings account is going to be a lot lighter very soon!

#2095 5 years ago

I wish the pics were a little more clear but i definitely like what im seeing so far as best as i can tell. The first thing i thought was it looks alot like Monster Bash but thats not a negative at all. Im super excited to see some high resolution pics and to see what the Premium and LE looks like. From what i see right now though im jumping in head first on this one!

#2123 5 years ago

Wonder what the 4 holes are for at the end of the left ramp /orbit? Im sure the pic was probably intentionally blurred to make us winder about all of this stuff. Nobody has a camera that shitty in today's world.

#2127 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I don't see how this could have a lower playfield.... If it did you'd lose a lot of that nice playfield art.... Or would the lowerplayfield be really small and start below Grandpa... Don't know... But, I do like the playfield art. This machine should be a looker, and the mode list I saw seemed to hit all the important stuff. So this could be a really cool pin, and a great looking one.
But, as always gotta wait for both High Rez images and also the Prem and LE images.
I know I've said it before, but I really hate that EVERY game has 3 versions. That to me is beyond silly and stupid.

Im hoping the lower playfield has some really cool stuff in it and awesome lighting etc. If not i may just have to go Pro on this one here. I am NOT a fan of lower playfields at all, i hope they can make me change my mind on this game here.

#2130 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Maybe the last new game for us for a while..

Famous last words.

#2133 5 years ago

Until Elvira comes out!

Lol exactly!

#2139 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Am I mistaken or is this a fan layout.

Aren't they all?

#2146 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I think we may see a lower playfield that is shown on the screen via a camera...
If you cut a window in the playfield then you loose a lot of Artwork/ inserts..

#2219 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Like some people say, you don’t need to drive a Ford to know it’s a piece of crap... a turd can be a turd before it leaves your asshole... just saying.

You couldn’t have picked a better name for yourself Bubblehead.

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL Terry...Bubbles needs to def change his name when you act like that.
Like Kman Jr.?

I was thinking maybe Bozo the Clown or something?

#2317 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Who cares about a marketing phrase of x many cornerstones a year, separate from contract or boutique? Anyone? That is just hype generation tactics in my book. The number one metric I care about is x number of machines produced per year, and hopefully that number has a positive slope and is going up. The Munsters will fill the line like any other title, they will sell the first run out, then it will go into the rotation, why does it have to fall specifically within this calendar year? As long as Stern is producing and selling machines, it means there is a demand. Which means pinball will be around at least another year. Do we care as players and enthusiasts that they hit their development target? I only care that more machines are being made. So if Munsters turns out to be epic, is that still a fail since it was delivered in January and not December? Investors might care, Gary may care, but me? Not so much. Just build more Pinball!!

I think Munsters is going to be epic i really do. I wont lie to you though, after seeing and playing MBR last night im lusting over it quite a bit. It may very well be the most beautiful pinball machine that ive ever laid my eyes upon!

#2319 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have a question for operators about unfinished code and machines. Would they want a new Munsters to put on route NOW, or a Munsters delivered 6 months from now with finished code? Is newness if the title more important than completeness of rules and code?

I think for operators that newness and theme is more important than code. These games with the exception of a couple usually ship with pretty good code. I also think stern realizes that a good code is very important to people these days and they seem to have stepped it up a notch in the coding department.

#2321 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yep,
We are all down for some serious eye candy
The home run for The Munsters will be the sexy, popping Franchi art.
Smooth JB flow with a stack of cool shots. Awesome funny call outs !
The hype indicates the lower playfield may deliver the killer blow ?
If the lower playfield does deliver the goods, 2 flippers, targets, pop ?? subway, shute ? ( wow i'm buzzing, lol ). MuNST ( someone come up with a better acronym please ) stands to be a BIG seller !
the final piece will be cool audio. Really need you audio guys to deliver on this one
Finally Stern pinball
Can you please up the ante with build quality and develop sound mechanisms.
The electronics hardware looks sound, please provide support for this by providing schematics as promised.
I appreciate you listen to feedback and try to correct hardware issues.
Don't forget to treat the LE buyers with the complete suite of extras please.
Bring on The Munsters 2019 AWESOME !

I can't wait to see this game. I especially cant wait to see the Premium and LE versions. I hope it reveals in December.

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Code is important even on our locations!
Guardians earned decent the first month and was horrible after that until the first good code update came around which added Cherry Bomb multiball and this made the game from very mediocre and a pretty poor earner to a great earner and people love it now!
So I would say code is also important for locations! That's just my 2 cents however

True but GOTG was one of those exceptions that i had in mind and another one would have been BM66. Of course code means something when you are talking about a game that has basically no code at all but generally most games i would say ships with a decent enough code for location play. Now for the really good player at his house that may be another story.

#2347 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Maybe a Munster's Monday??? Fun to speculate on the release of this one....

Sounds good to me, tomorrow it is!

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re right there is no threat because Stern’s copy and paste system, can’t be threatened. No other maker makes such simple no frills pinball tables than Stern. The great thing about Stern is their motto is: how good is good enough, cause we don’t care. I was at a pinball arcade and realize after playing the bank a dozen Stern’s that they all began to blur and seemed to play and be near the same table. Just a couple ramps, with some plastics throw here and there for a theme and relatively no motorized toys. DP with a slinky bash toy and IM with a lifting ramp. Not much at all in interactive toys. If the asking price were what they were just 7-8 years ago, then such a sparse amount of goodies is fine, but when. The asking price is double that of 7-8 years ago, shouldn’t we expect a great deal more? Even Stern’s boutique tables like Beatles and Primus cost an incredible $8,000.00 for not much at all. Cannot believe anyone would be sucked into paying that kind of money for so little in return. Those tables should only be no more than $3k to $4k tops.
We all need to vote with our money and just say no to Stern’s policy of giving very little in game toys, quality and code depth versus what other makers give us for our money spent. That would return pricing away from gouging us to being fairly priced again like it was just 7 years ago. Where Tron could be purchased NIB for $3,800. Hoping Munsters will reflect a change in offering and fair pricing, but it probably won’t. Maybe if Beatles does poorly Stern will rethink their strategy and return us to the good ol’ days Of pinball.

How much did you pay for that Houdini that you got? IMDN, TWD, GOT, GB, KISS, AS, AC/DC, MET, BM66 and many others all are just as good or better games than your Houdini. Your post is garbage and has no merit. Stern is kicking ass right now and making the funnest games around and Munsters will be a huge success i guarantee it! The only game Stern has made in the last few years that i consider a dud is Deadpool.

#2368 5 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Your right, stern really is kicking ass, they really worked the bugs out. I love what their doing and I like Deadpool, I don’t think it’s a dud at all.

There's a lot of people that like Deadpool so i get it. Im not really ragging on it, i just didnt care for it personally. I'm glad that you like it. Every game isn't for everyone, thats why im glad that Stern makes tons of games so that we can all enjoy something they have to offer.

#2369 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

crazy talk! One of Stern's best games in the recent past. Once you get the lock shot dialed it, it becomes a fun game with some more unique shots.
Code is coming along nicely also (still needs refinement but Tanio is a breath of fresh air)

Hilton i thought that you hated ALL Sterns?

#2398 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok...Munster Monday over..I'll ride with the Thursday guess, but after that, I'll just be happy when they do announce (not in a terrible hurry, but will be happy when it's available....

Im with you MK, Tuesday it is brother!!

#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I like how you think!!!!

Here's all i am thinking......
1skelly (resized).jpg1skelly (resized).jpg

#2402 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Who-dey has talked me into waiting on Munsters to the point now that I am actually beginning to share in his enthusiasm. So maybe Coke can be changed into Pepsi, dogs and cats can live together, and two people who started off at odds can actually find the things we both can agree on. Really wanting to see the LE now.

Can't wait for the reveal but what sucks after that is we gotta wait to see the Premium and LE after that. This waiting game is pure torture on us Munsters fans!

#2405 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Anyone want to drink a beer and play some pinball hit me up Geez.

None of us here play pinball. We just drink beer and talk about when we think the Munsters will get released.

#2419 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Does bourbon count? If so, count me in.

Absolutely it counts. Anything that gets you drunk and makes you talk silly about a Munsters pinball machine being released soon counts, because we all know that it really isnt going to happen right?

#2429 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You just spoke the word “eternity” in Munster-speak...

It will all be worth the wait. This game is going to set the pinball world on fire once it releases!

#2457 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Drac on a stick.. Mick on a Stick.. Buck on a stick.. Electro Guy on a stick.. Any other shit on a stick in pinball?

Lily on a stick?

#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This is the worst photoshop of the year for sure.

What?? Are you for real? I think it looks perfect!

#2475 5 years ago
Quoted from xplorer:

You mean..they still can f**k it up? You might be right...it`s Stern.
But with the last games they did a great job, no? But if they do..i`ll put my money in a Tron Pro..or maybe Deadpool.

This game will blow Deadpool away 1000% guaranteed!

#2478 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The Munsters theme integration and gameplay will be awesome.
I think it's great Stern will wait to get the reveal right and smart marketing will pay off.
For some strange reason I picture the lower playfield with 1 flipper only, was still cool though.
I am happy to see QC has improved for Stern , considering the amount of machines they move there appears to be few reported issues. ? Checked DPLE the other day the finish was nice, however the games are getting lighter and I am not a fan of playfield cratering.
The only thing that is letting Stern down is their playfields and some new component build quality. Assembly team seems have it down.
The materials supply team need to go back to the factory in China and make sure the component quality improves.

1 flipper? Surely not.

#2480 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah hope im wrong

I do too. Why are you thinking that?

#2484 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Multiple shots can be made from 1 flipper and it would increase lower PF real estate.
I know it does sound strange, unsure what im thinking, lol

I wish there was no lower playfield at all personally because ive yet to see one that i like. Im hoping that this one can change my mind.

#2486 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

If Prem and LE have 4 flippers with both a lower and upper playfield it does sound like one flipper on each.

I dont think we will be seeing a 3 level playfield. That would be interesting though.

#2489 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

BL lower PF is kinda fun. I would like to see a simple lower playfield with one flipper and a loop. That's it. BK2k loop underneith that you rip over and over. Each loop takes an article of clothing off Lily on the backglass. If you miss, it drains back up top and she gets dressed. Even I would buy this Stern NIB for that.

I think Stern should hire you. You are a very creative thinker. Thinking like that could change pinball as we know it!

#2492 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So do we know exactly when this will be shown? Is Monday 100% going to happen?

I heard someone say that tomorrow is DEFINITELY Munster Monday!

#2500 5 years ago

Mnpinball always has good news for us!

#2512 5 years ago

I am! When i wake up tomorrow afternoon i expect to see like 50 posts on here, than I'll know that it happened! That actually happened the other day and there was no announcment but it'll be for real the next time it happens. ..which will be tomorrow!!

#2515 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Might as well snooze this thread for awhile. Enjoy the games you have, enjoy your friends and family for Christmas. Enjoy those leaked cell phone pics, that’s all you get for awhile from the overseas leak. Not gonna announce a game while others are selling briskly and dealers are trying to sell in stock product for the holidays.
Just be happy knowing that pros are on the line for overseas container shipments.
Stern has got a good schedule going, as in past releases.
1. Production begins for Europe Pro sales.
2. Containers get loaded for the slow boat.
3. USA market Pros get on the line.
4. Teaser vid.
5. Announcement
6. 24-48 hours later press release and pics.
7. Live video of massive amount of cabinets and games built in the line.
8. Games ship to people within days.
9. People lose their shit because of the quick build-to-shipping timeline and Pinside goes apeshit.
Seems to be the recent trend. Love it.

I wish you were wrong but i know you aren't. .....dammit man!

#2524 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I need a NIB fix......BM 66 maybe.

Just wait Budman. The wait will be worth it!!

#2606 5 years ago

You would think so but they NEVER launch games when it makes sense. This game actually should have been a Halloween Launch.

#2609 5 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

The LE will be in color.
The Premium will be all (mostly) black and white.
Save up now!

Source?

#2625 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Pinside is just full of snowflakes.

You be 100% correct!

#2650 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

that remains a fact. at least for the original.
same game when lit with an LED worklight.
[quoted image]

well, if the start of production on some titles continues to end up being one year after the games reveal, then people might start caring.

Monster Bash is not as dark as your picture shows, not even close lol. I played a MBRSE a few weeks ago in a pretty dark room and it was just fine. I was surprised when i started seeing people complain about the lighting on it actually. My eyes arent nearly as good as they used to be and i didnt have any problems seeing the game at all.

#2654 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Pinside is pinside: every game will have its detractors. People will bitch about The Munsters no matter what. Every game will have a troll critic, like Dialed In's Sinestro, and every game will have fangirls rating it a perfect ten because they bought it. We already have critics and fangirls over leaked pics.
"The wheels on the bus go round and round..."

I have a feeling that im going to be one of those fan girls rating it perfectly and I'll probably be saying OMG. ....STERNS BEST GAME EVER!!

It's just what i do when im excited over a new game, cant help it.

#2658 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

When you buy a Pin... you never rate the new one 10/10?

I remember when i was fairly new here i started a thread called Could Ghostbusters be the best game ever, and then i changed it to Could Ghostbusters be “Sterns best game ever lol” I got hammered pretty good on that one by a lot of people but it is a great game imo still. I will say though that i rated all of my games high and i still rate them high well after their honeymoon phase.

I am super pumped for Munsters though because its one of my dream themes!

#2689 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What is there to talk about? I've watched this thread for weeks...and well..it's just a bunch of nothing and people talking about dumping money into something they don't even know what it looks like 100% yet. Never understood the 'stay on topic' people when there is essentially nothing 'on topic' to talk about. That's how a thread dies.

This thread ain’t dying untl we all see the game, then maybe it will die but not until then because we Munsters fans enjoy speculating and talking about the game that we are excited as hell about.

#2705 5 years ago

Seen some guy in a stream (young guy obviously) say that Munsters is a horrible theme and that its not going to sell worth a shit. He said theres like ten guys on pinside that keep talking about it and nobody else cares. He’s badly mistaken, this game is going to sell BIG if it turns out to be a good game. Only Stern can f*ck this up by not doing things right, the theme and the possibilities for this to be a huge success is all there for them.

#2718 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

What the difference.... as long as your one of the 10 guys like I am life’s good.

You know that im one of the 10 hoby!

#2720 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

90% chance Stern fucks it up but as a HUGE Gottlieb Haunted House fan I hope they don’t.

I think you’re going to be pleasantly surprised. Even ole Bubblehead is getting the Munsters fever!

#2721 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I am definitely one of the Ten.
Though I think they will sell more than a few after that.

I think they will sell 25 or 30 at least

#2728 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wasn’t me was it? Haha. I hope you like your games ya old farts!!

No it wasnt you lol, not this time at least! I just popped in a random pinball stream and someone was in chat talking shit about The Munsters. I didnt even respond, just smiled and shook my head. It would have been like trying to argue politics or something so no use.

#2743 5 years ago

I don't think any game should ship with a code thats as bare as BM66 was but at the same time i enjoy getting code updates also. It kinda feels like getting a new pinball machine when a new code drops.

#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

not a lot to get excited aboot unless you're a big Munsters fan.

We are big Munsters fans, thats why we are excited! It also doesn’t hurt that John Borg is rumored to be saying that this is his best game ever

#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Can't wait to see The Munsters Premo and LE The Pro as well
I just hope the team has some better QC and uses more reliable mechs.
I just spent another 2hrs tonight trying get my IMDNLE to play right.
IMDN is such an awesome game, just so disappointing that its let down by a couple of poor choices with mech design and some junk materials provided from supplier/s.
So far I have burned over 12hrs to get IMDN playing properly, so @ $80ph (conservative tech rate here ) that's almost a grand in time !
Pleased to say I am almost there.
It;s funny how it played well out of the box, then went to shit after a handfull of games.
So far I have less the 100 games and been spending most time trying to get Auto launch and power orb to function as intended.
I found lower pop fail tonight with broken wire between coil and lug.
Removed newton assy again, cleaned and adjusted. All working a lot better now.
IMDN requires some more code and a hardware fix for the auto launch and newton balls.
Anyway rant off about Maiden, no doubt you will hear about it again but i'll take it to the right thread.
The reason I bought the IMDN problems up here is I do not want to see Munsters fans spending more time under the hood than playing the game.
I think that's why i'm glad for the release delay because it's best to get the game right and be 100% sure owners and distributors will not be left with headaches.
if Stern is reading this please don't leave your customers in a bad place with their new Munsters
Get on to your component providers and get em to beef things up, not trim them down,
We want good design with reliability please.
It's not fair to new pinball owners, in particular those who are not mechanically or technically minded to have to deal with this crap.
Get it sorted before shipping please Stern.

Amen to all of that! Been working on my IMDN tonight as well. My mummy ball is sticking and like an idiot i boogered up the switch closest to it on the sarcophagus lock so now looks like i may have to pull the sarcophagus out to put a new switch in. Pretty sure this is going to be a major pain in the ass. My fault but if the newton balls wasnt shitty i wouldnt have been messing with it in the first place. The Newton balls need to be redesigned and Stern should ship out two of them to every Premium and LE owner out there! Absolutely horrible design and they fuckin knew it and shipped the games out anyway. Im a big supporter of Stern but that pisses me off big time.

#2758 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you buy Munsters I suggest pro then. It’s going to be a packed premium package so expect lots of tweaking again. All stern premiums need lots of tweaking.

Why would you suggest that? Im perfectly capable of working on my games and i will get it fixed as soon as i get a new switch. The newton balls are a horrible design period. It has nothing to do with pros or premiums. They could have put newton balls in the pro just as easy. They need to redesign the damn newton balls plain and simple because they are a major fucking fail.

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because it’s true. Just saying don’t be surprised if Munsters needs lots of tweaking too.

We arent talking about tweaking though. We are talking about a design that is just horrible. Anyone that buys a Premium with more features can expect more tweaking yes, but should Premium owners also expect and accept poorly designed mechs? I dont think so.

#2767 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then I suggest buying used.

Erik with all due respect, you don’t know what you are talking about because you dont own a IMDN Premium.. These newton balls suck dude. Messing up the switch was my fault and thats all on me, but the newton balls are total shit.

#2773 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m 100% aware of the issues of Maiden Premium. I’ve helped people fix theirs.
Premiums run the risk of needed minor to major tweaks/fixes. It’s a fact of life.

Ok then please tell us all how to make the newton balls work good because id love to hear it. Ive actually had good luck keeping mine in adjustment and working properly after loctiting them. I now have a new problem with one of the newton balls. Its nothing that i cant fix i am sure, and if i have to i will buy a replacement, but its still a shitty design that could have been much better.

What all have you had to do to a newton ball other than adjust the leaf switch by the way? Also poor mechanical engineering is NOT a fact of life sorry.

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then I suggest buying used.

How is buying used going to make a poorly designed mech better??

#2777 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Text me later and I’ll be happy to help. But in these cases you’ll need hands on help. Every game is a little different.
In the meantime call stern tech support to see if they have any suggestions or updated parts to send.

Im going to call Chaz but im 100% sure that they haven’t redesigned the newton balls. If they still arent putting metal posts in MET games instead of plastic ones 6 years later, i can guarantee you that they will never make a better newton ball switch lol.

#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

63 new posts, I was certain a reveal had been done!
Well I’m very disappointed by you chatty Munsters fans

You should have known better. This isn’t Munsters Monday ya know!

#2812 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

And yet here you are adding to that noise

No shit, that was a brilliant statement wasnt it?

#2816 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did you get the pointed studs for the newton ball mech?

Yesh my game came with the pointed studs actually. The problem I'm having now is the mummy newton ball when hit wont go back to its original resting position. Im gonna take it apart and clean it and look at it and see why its catching but they are sending me a new one also. I know some people are polishing them out real smooth to make them work better. Im sure that i can fix it probably.

#2819 5 years ago

Thanks guys I appreciate you. I’ll be looking into it soon.

#2827 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is this part of their forced 'buy this or you don't get our next game' thing? Because this seems like a really bad way to promote a new product. There is no way I'd put a pre-order in for a machine that has so little information.

Stern isnt asking anyone to put pre orders in and they never ever give out any kind of information on their games before they launch. Anything you see has been leaked.

#2844 5 years ago

Come on Stern lets go!!

Eddie_Munster.JPG (resized).jpgEddie_Munster.JPG (resized).jpg
#2847 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Stern might have missed their window for extraordinary sales on Munsters:
1. After Xmas - money will be tight for purchases like these
2. Missed the window for good sales on Munsters by releasing Beatles first and competition releasing MB remake
3. Stock market has took a major hit - so will consumer confidence
What say you Pinsiders! How bad will sales get hit by Stern’s order of priority????????

I dont think any of this stuff is going to affect the sales of Munsters pinball but im tired of waiting i can tell you that much. The only good thing is in my case is, i cant buy one just yet anyways. If this game turns out great though its going to be in my basement soon. If it doesn't turn out great, MBRSE here i come!

#2863 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Told Trent that I’m in on a Pro ...... how about the rest of you?

I want to see the pro and Premium models both before making a decision. This is a dream theme for me!

#2866 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I have found Stern Pro's play very well. No problem going in blind for me - especially on this theme and being a John Borg game. John had wanted to do this theme for years and now it's done. This will be a winner. Not a head scratcher for me.

I agree with Pinmister that its never a good idea to go in blind but you make a good point also. Borg makes killer games and i think the risk is extremely low that this game ends up being a dud.

#2958 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Lets have a guess on code
My guess is 0.98
There has been a long grace for this team
So guessing code will be up there

I think you are probably correct. I would hope so anyway as long as this damn game is taking to get released!!

#2962 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's Dwight. Star Wars pretty incomplete at launch. Ghostbusters pretty seriously broken for 2 years. I'm generously estimating 0.84, so Dwight, whatever state the code is in, call it at least 0.85 to make sure I'm wrong.

You may be right also. He doesn't seem to get in any hurry thats for sure.

#2967 5 years ago

Damn thats quite a list there! lol

#2976 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If I broke out my guitar and strummed a few bars of kumbaya how fast would I get moderated?

If you start singing Bubblehead we are gonna ban you from the site forever, not moderate you!

#2989 5 years ago

Ho Ho Ho.....Merry Christmas Munsters fans!
98878FFC-4AED-46E5-9AE5-C1C5B9F7B6C1 (resized).png98878FFC-4AED-46E5-9AE5-C1C5B9F7B6C1 (resized).png

#3010 5 years ago

Is today the day???

#3013 5 years ago

F*ck it, i’m going on a hunger strike until it releases. Im sick of this crap!

#3018 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wish! but guessing that it will reveal with some crappy photos and half asses cell phone vids from that industry show the first week of Jan.
Sure would be nice to have it drop today in order to have some entertainment this week while things are slow at work.

Yesterdays DF stream he was talking and it sounded like he will be streaming Munsters at that show. He didnt come out and say that obviously, but thats pretty much what it sounded like to me. Of course we still could see a reveal before then.......hopefully.

#3042 5 years ago

So if they were to announce The Munsters on Munsters Monday which would be December 31, would it still be considered a 2018 title? If its not announced by then i say we can plan on Wednesday January 2nd because Stern may be closed on New Years day. Also Stern may not work on New Years Eve either so that would rule out Munsters Monday.

Geeeze.....just announce the damn game tomorrow Gary will ya?

#3045 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You sound like the Tasty Wheat guy from the Matrix.
[quoted image]

True!

#3093 5 years ago

Im either going to get this game or MBRSE (leaning toward Munsters) and i gotta say that they both are making me lose sleep just thinking about them. Come on Stern release the game already!

#3096 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Still on your Hunger Strike too ? How's that going ?

Not gonna lie to you, I honestly forgot about it. I just ate a big bowl of ice cream and im really full so i will start it right now. I hope Gary hurries up and releases the game because if he doesn’t he will have to live with me starving to death for the rest of his life.

#3116 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Im not a huge batman fan. But The munsters is not even in the same ballpark theme wise of Batman.
Should have skipped munsters and made BEATLEJUICE damn it! And ill be first in line for an LE.
All the hype is mostly just for a new pin in general.

Booooo!!!!

#3120 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

I guess this last post killed this topic?

Not neccessarily. They could still announce the game and show pictures of the game before the CES show, and besides did you forget that this is Munsters Monday?

#3123 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

I hope your right besides my wife wanting me to get her another "ACDC Luci" back she's all in for the Munsters theme I just hope the price is right

I doubt we hear anything today, i was just joking about that but i do think we could see an announcement before the CES show possibly. I sure hope so anyway because im on this hunger strike waiting on the Munsters to reveal and im getting really hungry and need a pizza bad!

#3125 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Do you mean, like , Chicago deep dish pizza with an ice cold beer bad?

Yeah that would be awesome but i would even settle for a frozen pizza right now!

#3174 5 years ago

All of this stuff really had me scratching my head wondering if i will like the black and white, which model will be black and white etc. Part of me thinks the game should be black and white but then i think to myself that it would probably look like shit but i think the screen animations should definitely be black and white show clips.........all this shit gives me a headache and i wish it would just reveal so that we will all know.

#3185 5 years ago

I think we all need to stay calm here because we don't know what its going to look like yet. There always seems to be some negativity right before a game releases and then when it does most people are like ....OMG what a beautiful awesome game!!

I have high hopes for this game but like i said, if this game lets me down its ok because Monster Bash SE here i come baby! Im a little worried and concerned about a couple of things i wont lie, but at the same time i get this feeling that people are going to be sh*tting their pants when this thing finally reveals.

#3189 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

just remember the hype on iron maiden le. gonna be the same thing with munsters. marginal le with a few extras for big money grab.

That IMDN pin was horrible i tell ya! It should be a crime to make such a terrible and boring game like that!

#3200 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It is if they pull it off. With IMDN premium/LE extras are just a freaking nightmare. Not only did we pay a lot more for not a lot, they don't work right!
They were clearly done to a budget without a doubt and they simply didn't pull it off. I love the game when its working and playing well but running events with an IMDN LE/Premium in the line up is just non-stop moan central with bits of it not working or the captive ball fires preventing folks from getting the super skill shot. its a glorious fail, Stern are aware and haven't done anything about it.
From out of the box my captive balls fired when ever you flipped. Then the shooter lane alignment, and now the mummy capitive ball and sarcophagus are playing up. I'd rather not have had those things and have a game the plays well.

I am gonna agree with Neil on this one. The Newton balls are absolute pieces of shit and designed very poorly and the Sarcophagus mech is also a very poorly designed piece of shit as well. Like Neil said, if you havent had trouble with the Newton balls and the Mech, you will in time and you are gonna be cussing like a MF’r when it happens. If you gotta mess with the Sarcophagus mech you better be very mechanically minded and good at working on things or you are screwed!

#3217 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Well, if Munsters looks like a dud, I’ll get a BM66.....I need a NIB fix.

What about MBR? Thats kinda munsterous? Its awesome too, especially the SE and LE!

#3220 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Pumped for this Borg Masterpiece[quoted image]

I am too RA77. I woke up today or yesterday whatever it was and there were over 50 posts in the thread and i said oh boy here it is, finally released i bet!!! Only to be let down of course.

We should spam the board up with like 100 posts and when everyone wakes up tomorrow morning they will think it got released or that some more pictures leaked or something. That would be hilarious.

#3223 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Grandpa is waiting to apply power to the new pinball!!!![quoted image]

I wish Gary would get off his ass and tell him to flip the damn switch. Im starting to think Gary is playing with us. I mean seriously, WTF is taking so long to announce this damn game that we already know is coming anyways?

#3225 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The New pinball scene is gonna get heavy mid 2019 !

Stern will still smash them RA. Stern has their issues for sure (cough cough IMDN Sarc lock and Newton ball design) but they make the funnest games out of all of the pinball companies. Stern has some BIG titles coming for 2019 also.

If i was Stern i would worry about CGC more than anybody because they make some damn nice games. If i didnt love this Munsters theme so much i would have probably said screw it and got a MBR SE, because im tired of waiting for this game to release.

#3228 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What games will be released in 19?

Elvira and the Munsters and a Steve Ritchie original game maybe? Some kind of a Vault im guessing but Elvira 3 and Munsters are huge.

#3230 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m trying to not spend my cash on (MBr or WOZ)and wait to see what Munsters has to offer but....man...

Same here brother. I kinda thought i could live without MBR until i seen one and played it. Such a gorgeous and fun game.

#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am gender neutral.

You got that right.

#3279 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

pompoms for medicore le versions. the im pro kicks ass. i played the pre and pro at rock fantasy and would go pro all the way. pre le not worth the extra money imho. thats what i am saying

Well you can have that opinion but it’s certainly not true. IMDN Premium is the funner game of the two. Now the poorly designed mechs are another story.

#3366 5 years ago

Is anyone other than me starting to lose interest because this game is taking so damn long to be announced?

#3375 5 years ago

We are over 3,300 posts on this thread and no official announcement yet. I cannot remember a thread so active before this one. Maybe GB announcement in 2016?

I'm still excited to see this game but im kind of getting burned out from all the hoping and waiting. Its getting tiresome at this point and they just need to reveal the damn thing. The hype is fun but you can only keep it high for so long if you know what i mean.

#3377 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I know what you mean..... I’m worn out and thinking more about BM66

Well its gonna be revealed very soon looks like so hang in there and wait! I honestly believe that Munsters will be better than BM66 design wise..code wise could be a different story though.

#3380 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Jeez....how do you think those of us waiting for Elvira 3 feel?
LOL!

Im in that group also, matter if fact im more excited about Elvira than i am Munsters. They are both pretty much dream themes for me.

#3396 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

How could you even mention that, you haven't played The Munsters far out...
Believe and want are two different things.

Well the reason i believe that is because Borg is a great designer and he makes awesome games. BM66 was "The" #1 dream theme for me but i honestly just dont like the playfield design much. I tried to love it because i wanted one because of the theme but the game just doesnt do much for me. Its beautiful and has good code now but i still dont like it enough to buy one.

#3404 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you played BM66 on the latest code? It’s beyond good, if your a fan of the 60s show it’s Lymans best coded game, the theme integration is unmatched.
In typical Gomez fashion you have to tweak the game and dial it in, specifically the left orbit but once you get it setup just right it’s great.
At release it was a steaming pile of shit but it’s now the No.1 game in my collection.

Not with the latest code no but i dont know why but i just dont dind the shots all that much fun. Its not a bad game so dont get me wrong because im not saying that at all. I like it but i just dont love it. Its fun no doubt.

I would like to play one in a home setting to where i could hear it better. I have only played one on a barcade so that may be part if the problem but when i bought my IMDN Premium i purposely went and played BM66 for about 2 hours to make sure which game that i wanted. I was hoping BM66 would win me over but it just didnt and i went with IMDN instead.

#3435 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Are we all ready for a black and white Premium?
Here is an example TZ b&w- what do you think?

Thats pretty ugly is what i think.

#3448 5 years ago

I dont think theres any way that i could do a black and white playfield. Seems like it would be hard to see the ball also on black and white.

#3451 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Agreed. I played a Scared Stiff proto with b/w playfield and it was horrible compared to a color playfield. It would be a turn off for me. Now on the other hand. I would prefer the display to be mostly b/w with some color thrown in. Could also live with a black and white cab but that's about it.

Display should definitely be B&W I agree

#3468 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You could always do Pinstadiums! lol I'll have Scott contact you!

I would like to have some on my TWD and IMDN honestly because they are too dark and its hard to see. All my other games though i like the factory lighting on.

#3472 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

IMDN is dark, that's why I bought some spot lamps from PBL along with the stern led holder and it is much better. Also change out all the gi to frosted sunlight from Comet. Way better

Yeah i have heard about changing out the GI's, bet that would make a big difference. IMDN is such an awesome game. Wouldn't it be awesome if Munsters is as good as IMDN? Fingers crossed!

#3555 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What sort of effort does it take to form a good club?

Lol really.

#3556 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Dunno, more than what this gentlemen did though, I don’t even think he’s getting the game...it was kind of just a “well heck, let’s have a club thread”:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-munsters-official-owners-club-theyre-creepy-and-theyre-spooky

Bubblehead actually is interested in the game and may be purchasing one if he likes it. He had no interest at first but then i talked some sense into him and now hes interesed.

#3574 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Bubblehead has to the most block user on this site. Other clubs will form to avoid him anyways. Let him have his little club for now.

I never said his thread was going to be the official thread. I said he is interested in the game. I could care less who starts the "official Munsters thread" or if there even is one at all. I dont need a thread about a pinball machine to own one.

#3577 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I like many others are very excited for the stream.
As I mentioned before I am not a fan of live stream reveals.
Happy that JD is on the case and possibly played the shit out of Munsters already ?
So this is where stream reveals are not appealing to me as JD destroyed DP on reveal and the only thing that was really reveled was underdeveloped code.
I have no doubt that Munsters code will be further along. I just hope Jack does not blow it up and give away all the goods.
I guess my easiest solution would be not to watch
But I have to
The anticipation is killing me

Just watch like the first 10 or 15 minutes.

#3611 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Stern could deliver you a 10 lb bar of gold for free, and you would complain

I want the whole cabinet filled with gold bars, one is not enough!

#3625 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think Premium customers are the ones Stern hates the most because they always want more for less, i.e. they want all the gameplay of an LE (god forbid they miss some game rule or toy present on the LE) but not all the cost of the LE tack ons that do nothing for game play, i.e. non interactive toys and figurines, exclusive artwork, armor, etc...
I think if Premiums are all B&W, this is a tongue in cheek stab in they eye at them from Stern... ok you want all the gameplay and toys? Fine, but you get no color artwork. No soup for you.

Then what do the Pro buyers get, a game with no playfield at all?

#3628 5 years ago

So what time is this game going to be streamed tomorrow, does anyone know exactly?

#3634 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah I’m sure if people don’t like the black and white premium then they will come out with a new one as well

Im a little worried (ok a lot worried) about the Black and White premium but im gonna hold judgment until i see it. Theres been many times that we thought something was going to suck and Stern ended up blowing us away and surprising us.

#3635 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

who-dey, Pro buyers get a good game to put on site and make some money, and pinheads like us to put in their homes and play without the sticker shock of Premiums/LE’s. It has most of the gameplay and only us pinheads know what the casual player is missing. I am not knocking Pro’s at all here. There are Pros that I like better than Premiums, GOT and IM being two of them.

This is probably the most interesting game reveal that i have ever seen. Alot of unknowns, hype, and anticipation going on.

#3643 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Won't all that weight split the cabinet?

No question about it. A good crop dusting will blow a Stern cabinet to smithereens!

#3670 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I turn 60 in two weeks, watched my dad die in September and mom still struggling with Alzheimer’s . What the heck, I’m buying three pins this year.... maybe all NIB. Life is short and I want to have some fun!

Amen Budman! Lost my parents at a young age also. Its important to enjoy life as much as you can. Get that Munsters and tell us how it is!

#3701 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It’s called “Buble babble” and it’s a thing.

Lol so true! He's a good dude tho so its all good. Kind reminds me of my ex wife, just says shit and dont even know what he is saying half the time. Just talks to be talking.

#3792 5 years ago

Well today is finally the big day that we have all been waiting for. Part of me feels like a kid on Christmas and part of me is not excited at all because i wanted a Premium and this black and white talk scares the crap out of me. Trying like hell not to be negative Nancy here but im very concerned.

#3801 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Any guesses on how many posts we see on here between now and the reveal? I think if we try REAL hard, we can get another 1k in before any useful pics or vids get posted. Right now we are at a post a minute I think...

Pics will be rolling in soon!

#4199 5 years ago

The black and white doesn't look nearly as bad as i thought it would, matter of fact it looks BAD ASS and it fits the theme nicely!!

The gameplay looks fun as do the animations and Chris Franchi KILLED IT on the artwork, color and black and white both. This game is going to be a big seller for Stern.

Beautiful game for sure. This or a MBR SE......hmm

#4208 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Seems like another gaurdians of the galaxy that will soon be forgotten. Stern isn't using the screen very well. Still can't compare in any aspect to JJPOTC.

Bullshit! This game is a home run all the way. Borg and Franchi killed it!

#4341 5 years ago

Im still sitting here blown away at how awesome that Chris Franchi made this black and white art package look. I mean seriously, how the hell do you make a black and white pinball machine look so bad ass?

I was bummed when i heard the Premium was black and white because thats the model i want. Ive been excited about this game for a long long time and Munsters is one of my dream themes and this morning the excitement was gone for me because of the black and white premium. I felt like a kid who didnt get the toy he wanted on Christmas day........then i seen pics of the Premium and was like Holy shiiiiiiit!! Happy again!

Chris Franchi.....you da man brother! I don't know how you pulled it off but you did it and you did it extremely well!

#4354 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Actually Batman 66 is Stern’s best selling table of all time, we’ve been told.

No way lol. Someone lied to you.

#4359 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

For me, I think I'm going to drop from LE, what I thought might be B&W, to the Premium. Having watched the show while it originally aired in the '60s, the Premium is how I remember the Munsters.
Besides the B&W vs color issue, I'm not sure that I'm sold on the LE's translite art. Don't get me wrong, I love the Munsters coach as much as anyone, but something about that pic just screams Beverly Hillbillies to me. And perhaps a bit too cartoony compared to the rest of Christopher Franchi's brilliant artwork?
I've had the hots for Lily since Moses left her to go find a burning bush, so seeing her front and center on the Premium's translite is definitely a plus.
I originally thought the casket cabinet was a great idea, but after seeing the added spiderwebs and gold legs? Nope.
Yup! I'm done thinking about this one! Premium it is! Toss in the side art blades, add a few decorate cobwebs and some dust, ala Disney's Haunted Mansion, and I've got myself a keeper!
A special added bonus for the OCD in me is that I can watch this one get beat to hell and I won't mind it so much. The Munster's home was a complete disaster. Dimples be damned! Heck, I may even intentionally add cracks to Grandpa's window! LOL!

I too think the black and white just "fits" this theme the best. All models look amazing and are just beautiful in every way though.

Even the pro model in this game is awesome. Some people would even think it is the best model because they dont like bottom playfields. I am not a fan of them myself, but i gotta say that this is the coolest one ever!

Are there any other differences between the pro and the Premium/LE other than the bottom playfield? Maybe the light show? Everyone is going to be super happy regardless of which model that they get.

Big thanks to EVERYONE involved in making this game....WOW!

#4385 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You guys need to see the premium in person. The game looks different with lights on and no glass etc.

Different in a good or bad way?

#4405 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I personally prefer Lily (and the rest of the playfield art) in color. Having the original TV clips in black & white is fine enough for me and also helps to set them apart from the game's artwork on the Pro and LE.
It's nice to have choices though - to each their own!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I like them both a lot.

#4532 5 years ago

Been watching the pro stream and i tell ya, the pro version of this game is damn damn good! It doesn’t have the lower playfield obviously but im not so sure that i care about the lower playfield that much. Im going to have to do some serious thinking on all of this. This Pro is LOADED and it’s beautiful looking also!

#4536 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Between Tuesday’s live stream and last night’s Pro reveal, I went from securing an LE with my distro to a Premium, now to waiting on playing a Pro before making a final decision. Embarrassing !

Nah not really because the money you save can go toward another game! This is a very strong pro.

#4542 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The lower playfield is literally the only mechinal difference between a Pro and Premium. No compromises on spinners, lighting, or other mechs. A very solid Pro.
That being said, the lower playfield and the black and white put the Premium over the top for me personally. Those that hate lower playfields will be very happy with the Pro.

I agree, and im not a big fan of upper and lower playfields personally. I am a big fan of that black and white though!

#4721 5 years ago

i love love love that black and white on the Premium but im just not feeling that lower playfield with the miniature pinballs. I wouldnt mind it if it was hardly ever used but the rules have it being used quite frequently. I have a feeling that it will become dreadful rather than fun after while. I like the design of it but i just dont think its something that i want to be playing very often. Dwight should have programmed it for something very special rather than something that is frequently used. Right now im thinking pro is going to have the funnest gameplay. I hope i can play both and the Premium wins me over but i dont think that will happen honestly.

#4724 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

So what if the layout is similar to another game? There is only so much you can do with the limited space and 2 flippers. Every game feels different to me. If it plays good then that is all that matters. I would like to see a third flipper, though.

A third flipper would have been great on this game. It would have been much better than the lower playfield i think.

#4726 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

A Stern wide body could be very interesting. Or how about a narrow game like Safe Cracker ? Played one for the first time recently and was surprised.

After playing IMDN im convinced that more flippers equals more fun!

#4731 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

After watching Dwight’s tutorial last night; this game looks really fun! Really digging that ruleset, can’t wait to play. Premium looks the way to go. This game is screaming for some lightning flippers

Do you really think the lower playfield will stay fun though? I really hope that i get to play the premium and see for myself if i think the lower playfield is something that i would enjoy long term. Right now im thinking its used way too much and that it will become boring.

#4741 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A negative about Munsters - it continues the Stern tradition of "busy artwork for the sake of busy artwork".

The artwork is gorgeous on this game and I wouldn’t change a thing. All Stern games have awesome artwork. I am glad that they have Chris Franchi, Dirty Donnie and Zombie Yeti making these games beautiful for us. Sterns art packages are the best in the business by far.

#4832 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Helps to have a huge space now

Huge space equals more pins!

#4836 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Played this at CES until I was sick of it. The lower playfield is really cool, but took me a while to figure out the 4 flipper button deal. Wondered why they did it that way - until I got multiball going on both playfields! Sensory overload, I just resorted to fiddle flipping all 4 buttons. All balls were quickly drained.
Would play this one again.
[quoted image]

What are your thoughts about Premium vs Pro model? Im talking about the gameplay, not the cabinet art. Is the lower playfield a must have or something you think would get old after awhile?

#4853 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I Checked a few places on line. I have Netflix and Hulu. Can you steam the show anywhere. Or just dvds? May start wAtching before pin arrives

A friend of mine said that they are on a service called dailymotion but i have no idea what dailymotion is or if its true or not.

#4867 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I am leaning towards pro...waiting for the mods to come...

There's going to be lots of good mods for this game i bet.

#4968 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think it's "supposedly being considered" by Stern. Regardless, my speculation is over...Have one coming in February, and will break from these threads until after I get the machine...

You can hang out in the owners club now!

#5008 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Gary/Stern is all business (period).

When you run a factory as big as Stern and make a product that only appeals to a minute percentage of the population, you better be all business or you wont last very long. Make no mistake about it though, Gary Stern is passionate about pinball.

Quoted from dnaman:

. Stern could have easily thrown Spooky a bone here, instead... gave the bone. Stern is all business all the time.

Why on earth do you think that Stern should have thrown a competitor a bone? That would be the dumbest thing in the world to do.

#5296 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

This is supposed to be a fun site about pinball.

You must be new here right?

#5434 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U can turn lower playfield off on premium and then it plays like the pro. Also Munster madness is supposed to be easily accessible . Its really a throwback to wpc era ruleset but with more rules/risk vs reward with the multiballs zap button, jackpots/superjackpots ,different levels and also the way you play munster madness matters alot for score.

If the lower playfield can be turned off then that may steer me toward the premium.

#5477 5 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

I don't get this comment or why so many people have liked it. Not hating on Munsters but looking at mechs/toys only on MET you have a similar bash toy, scoop, the snake kick-back and drac race lane are similar but then you have the additional in-line drops.
Same story with Guardians...
The new shiny hype is definitely real!

I think you could make an argument for this being the best pro value ever. There are alot of good pro's but this one here has everything that the premium has including RGB GI lighting. The only thing its missing is the lower playfield and to some people that is a good thing instead of a bad thing. If its not the best pro value ever its damn close.

#5491 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Every time a new machine comes out Who-Dey- 'It's the best game ever!' Love your enthusiasm, but I thought Iron Maiden was the best? -Or was that yesterday's news.
Is Munsters the best Pro ever-No
To me Iron Man, and Metallica blow it out of the water.
Is it the most packed pro model? No
Ghostbusters-jammed packed with toys and mechs
Munsters is average-just another Borg fan layout game-rinse and repeat.
Meh-nothing special here folks, definitely not the best pro ever

You are missing the point totally. First of all i never said that this was the best pro ever, that was Noob-a-tron. He also never said it was the best pro ever, he said best pro "value" ever, and there is in fact alot of value in this pro. This is a super strong pro model that is only lacking one feature compared to the premium and thats the lower playfield, which alot of people dont like anyways.

I am assuming he meant it is the best pro value ever "compared" to other pros that dont have the same features and RGB GI lighting as their premium/LE counterparts.

As far as best game ever goes, no way in hell and i never once said that. Its definitely one of the best themes ever, for me it is anyways but there are a lot of games that are better than the munsters and IMDN is definitely one of the best Sterns ever made. I also dont say best game ever everytime a new game comes out. I said one time could GB be the best game ever but we all know thats not true and i did have a ton of praise for IMDN which it definitely deserves.

Munsters is a dream "theme" for me but like you said its a typical Birg game which is a good thing since his games are awesome but there's nothing new with Munsters. If it wasn't for how much i love the theme i could personally pass on it.

#5498 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Just for the record Who Dey- I really do like your enthusiasm and enjoy your post.
You just happen to be the biggest cheerleader-which is also cool

Lol i just love pinball Pinmister so of course i get excited when a new game is released. To be fair though i also speak bad about games sometimes also. I dont like Deadpool and i said AS was the worst theme ever and gave Stern alot of crap over that one but it actually turned out really good and i bought one. Stern doesn't make many duds though and i tend to like almost all of them.

Im just glad i can be a cheerleader honestly because there will probably be a day that we wont have any new games to cheer about. Right now is a great time to be a pinball fan.

#5500 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Yeah, when we are dead!
I don't see pinball disappearing.. ever.

Ha...you better think again because it is going to eventually i guarantee it.

#5509 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Nah. Physical ball lock/Hammer missing from the Pro.

And the 2 spinners, awesome light show, and the rising cross.

#5547 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol!
MBr for the HUGE win over the original

Absolutely Iceman and its not even close!

#5572 5 years ago

Definitely a bummer. We all love drop targets and spinners and every game should have them imo. I dont like the fuel target on MET and like someone said earlier i definitely couldn't imagine a target like this on TWD. These long all in one targets are cheap and not fun. If anything they should ar least make it so that we could buy some drops and install them ourselves and make it so they are plug and play.

#5640 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Pro's should have the lazy arsed 2 foot long targets!

Umm....WRONG!!! These lowly Pro’s cost nearly six thousand dollars. They absolutely SHOULD have drop targets AND spinners just like the Premium and LE’s.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

488 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Who-Dey. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=Who-Dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.