(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RipleYYY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6125 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That sucks that you bought a game that you dont like. I guess this is a good lesson for people, don't buy games until you play them first. I hope you can sell it and recoup some of your money.

David didnt buy the game... we played it at a tournament this last saturday
and i had same feeling as him, let's admit for now, from a "player" point of view, it is too (should i use this word ?) easy to reach WM, and empty in term of gameplay

but again, this should/could be seen as a positive point for most of the other guys

#6127 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

hmm, I dont get this JJP fan boy stuff?
I have only brought Woz and sold it a few years later, and have brought sterns before and after Woz..
Played DI too but not owned personally.
I'm no fan boy, just stating facts....
Now back to Munsters shallow code....
If Stern and Dwight really do listen to their customers, they would know that the majority are wanting a deaper code!!!
Start again before you get to far don the track.

to remain on that aspect of the game, i just think its STERN actual politic, they want to make their games more "simple/easy" from factory (check last code updates of MET and some others), to get in touch with more lambda players (and also for those who are playing pins not in HU situation)

i'm not saying i like that, but feel logical to me
for sure, with Munsters, lots of "so-so" players will reach the WM, they will be happy to get there, and than enjoying the pin

as an opposite example, put a "so-so" player on TWD, and this guy will be disguted in less than 5 minutes... thats not good for STERN

#6141 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

If Stern wanted to get the new and younger people into pinball, Munstes was a bad decision!
Maybe they should have released Toy Story if they want simple-easy for that style of code

no, not new & younger (they are welcome of course, and also considered here when talking about the difficulty of the pin)
but all the lambda players, in fact the bigger mass, to simply try to touch a maximum of guys/customers

also, i'll agree with what was said above, as not all games have to be hard and/or deep to play

#6234 5 years ago

+1 with Bublehead

i think a lot of us are not happy with these banks...
ok, i can understand about the left side, DRAGULA too long for having stand up (and i dont like small model ones)
but on the right, it was just perfect for having 4 drops, suppose evbdy would agree that...
pity for sure

#6507 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So Level II ...
NBA...

i'm still thinking Munsters is lacking from the code side, anyway i really enjoyed my NBA as again, simple didnt means bad
and btw, not sure evbd did reach/play the wizard mode on it

(Lonnie was on that one)

#6519 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Funny reading people outraged there is little code difference between levels 1-3. Especially since the rules structure is so similar with MBr which are also available, yet whose code will never change. In MBr you want to stack your characters before starting mini wizard mode. Repeat three cycles. See where I’m going with this? It’s the exact same.
Where have I seen this structure before? Oh yeah Borg did it on IM. You stack the characters before starting mini wizard mode. Repeat 3 times. IM won’t be getting any more updates and people are fine with that. Munsters is currently on par with those from a code perspective. Tons of video clips and sounds are there, maybe more than any game.
Chillax everything will be alright. and in better news .... Munsters code is being added to and adjusted. But even if it weren’t, the game feels done and is loads of fun.

ok good point
except IM is a drain muns... heu monster of you wanna compare

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6530 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

...I did watch these French guys play, and they really nailed it, and had far, far more success than I had. I think my high game was towards ten million.

in this video, only Seb is a good player, all the others are casual (this is NOT to take as negative)

1 week later
#7038 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...and look what I found while in Greece...

i know this face... right the same as when we were a little boy, the morning after Santa came...

#7039 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There’s Drac on a track...

reading this, impossible to not think about Mick on a stick...

#7053 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont really feel that its stripped down at all but i am disapointed that they didnt put in 2 banks of drop targets instead of the long bar targets. That would have set this game over the top....what a shame.

on the right, should have been 4 drops, that seems as evidence to most of us here
but on the left, DRAGULA is too long, that's 7 letters... even if i dont like them when in line, 7 smalls stand up targets there

#7054 5 years ago

and reading most of last coms, its nice this game fits well to lots of people
on that side, STERN gets the point ! they've made a easy pin, they assume it, aim reached !

for me, for knowing what i know, for having played it (and for having seen lots of others good players on it), i know having this home will be a very bad idea, its for sure too easy actually (no matter the 3 levels of wizard)

that said, there're enough various pins for evbdy in the hobby

#7061 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

It's cracking me up all these players saying it's to easy but your scores suck,there's more to pinball than starting a mode.maybe if you find it so easy try to get a higher score.....you remember high scores? Pinball? Beating your friends?

that's a good point of course
and i've already said it before, reaching WM (and only that) is easy...
making big points is another story of course, as you have to play (well) the modes, and add some strategy in various situation, even more with the way its coded (multiplicators)

#7278 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I really like SW and GB. Both those games are awesome so I have plenty of faith in Dwight and coding on The Munsters.

not sure evbd will think same as you about having these 3 words connected in a same sentence : GB+faith+coding

but OK, let's keep hope...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RipleYYY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=RipleYYY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.