(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RA77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#758 5 years ago

Ando's speculation

Munsters LE will not be instant sell out, even at 500 units.

I think it will catch some newbs easy with some sweet art and a nice toy, trapdoor ? many seasoned LE buyers will be a little cautious.

Even though there is a ton of interest and a good hype train running.

A large slice of buyers will wait for MBr and E3

My guess is Munsters will have 3 flippers and lacking code - ( i know duh ) on release next month.

Borg may have something special up his sleeve for this one perhaps ?

I am sure Munsters will be lots of fun, that's what pinball should be all about.

My only hope is that code fulfillment in a fair time frame, say '6 months tops' is realized !

It's not fair to keep buyers waiting for over a year for complete code.

#781 5 years ago

If Munsters has a lower playfield I hope its more interesting than acdc
Would be Borgs first with a lower pf ?
Sounds exciting

Herman calling........... Hey John, I know you are going to do this title justice

John... Sure this is gonna be awesome !

Herman... Yes.. I can really bend some iron !

Maiden ?

John.... All good Herman.. leave it to me. Your game will be killer !
jb phn (resized).jpgjb phn (resized).jpgqiron (resized).pngqiron (resized).pngzlil (resized).jpgzlil (resized).jpg

1 week later
#806 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If any of those toys are on the Munsters i wont be buying one.

There will be no Funko's on Munsters

Borg is a man of good taste

He will go next level on this one
mn (resized).jpgmn (resized).jpg

#826 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sanity prevails.

Make sense to have all LE's capped at 500

It is a really good move by Stern to acknowledge the collector market

500 is the magic number.

Agree with sentiment on Maiden, but that's done now.

I can still see the odd 50-80 SLE runs sneaking in on certain titles, Beatles being one of them.

1 week later
#908 5 years ago

Now there's a cool rumor
Virtual lower playfield eh ?
Could be wild if correctly integrated
Would upset a lot of purists though.

VLP Would make sense to Stern bom department
Cheap and easy to install/maintain.
4 screws and a couple of cables

#987 5 years ago

Anyone have any of this classic 60's gold ?

M game (resized).jpgM game (resized).jpgMun Gpa (resized).jpgMun Gpa (resized).jpgdrg mun (resized).jpgdrg mun (resized).jpgmun game 2 (resized).jpgmun game 2 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1304 5 years ago

Hoping John will bring back a magnet or possibly 2 ?

I don't think we have seen any magnet action since Metallica ? if i'm not mistaken ?

Very excited about The Munsters,

No short cuts please Stern.

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yes you are mistaken.John loves magnets. Since Metallica John put magnets in all of his games.
Walking Dead LE/Premiums have 2 (barn and well walker) and Pro's have one (barn).
Kiss LE/Premiums have one that "levitates" the ball.
All models of Aerosmith have one in front of the toy box.
Guardians LE/Premium has a big 3 magnet cluster and its a single magnet version on Pro version.
So I'd be very surprised if there isn't a magnet or 2 on the Munsters.

Cool !

Thanks for that,

I'm embarrassed to admit I've not played any of those except for a few games on TWD. I found TWD to be awesome !
I really want to try Aerosmith and Guardians

Munsters should be a ton of fun !

Liking the idea of a trapdoor to lower pf or Spot under the stairs.

2 weeks later
#1564 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Is there a Monkey in this Game?

I hope not, cause the SJW's will screw Munsters up too !

At least the great thing about Stern is the game is shown when its done
and there is no chance for the keyboard warriors to mess it up.

Sucks for AP how everything has gone to shit over 1 stupid comment

Just hope the keyboard clowns don't screw it up for E3

This PC bullshit is pissing me off.

Rant off

#1566 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What? I missed this, what’s happened?

a cartoon monkey assaulted some cartoon ladies

and a girl was eating a hot dog while smiling

oh no !

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#1567 5 years ago

Apologies Munsters fans for off topic

I just don't want to see future titles ruined by BS !

AP is gonna bow to the keyboard jockeys

Hope Sterns got some balls

#1639 5 years ago

Can't get enough of The Munsters Koach
MKoach (resized).jpgMKoach (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1754 5 years ago

Looks like the Stern build lines are certainly booked out until Christmas.

Although heartbreaking for many Munsters fans , I sincerely hope this is the case.

Deadpool and Beatles are in swing on the line. The factory will have to start to wind down soon for a well earned break.

It is highly unlikely for Stern to try and rush The Munsters out before the silly season !

Even though there has been some dubious hardware , some ordinary QC and The Beatles marketing fiasco Team Stern deserve a well earned break.

Happy holidays team Stern, Come back and consider making your many loyal supporters a priority please.

Ando

1 week later
#1787 5 years ago

There is a reason for this speculation

"Looks like the Stern build lines are certainly booked out until Christmas.

Although heartbreaking for many Munsters fans , I sincerely hope this is the case.

Deadpool and Beatles are in swing on the line. The factory will have to start to wind down soon for a well earned break.

It is highly unlikely for Stern to try and rush The Munsters out before the silly season !

Even though there has been some dubious hardware , some ordinary QC and The Beatles marketing fiasco Team Stern deserve a well earned break.

Happy holidays team Stern, Come back and consider making your many loyal supporters a priority please."

Ando

there is no point for a rush job

I realise JB said MNST was a go for November

lets sit tight for the new year release.

Munsters will be a huge hit, last chance for Stern big boys to play against DR's pumped innovation !

#1826 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

No shit. What's a millennials dream job? Being paid to listen to their favorite music.
[quoted image]

Truth

Posted this recently on Aussie Arcade.
Apologies to jam up Munsters thread.
We need something to watch while we wait

1 week later
#1886 5 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Why would stern be so concern about pinball machines automatically updating code when they cannot even finish the code for there games.

yep

tenor.giftenor.gif
#1977 5 years ago

Perhaps Stern are starting to wise up and realize poor reveals and rushing games out the door is always greeted by pinheads with negativity.
I think the team are really trying to get this game right.
The Munsters is not a game I would want to see a rush job on.
Im sure JB and the team want to blow everyone away.

The Munsters intro is a must
I am excited to hear what the audio team come up with.

Herman in action

#2073 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

While I like very much, the playfield artwork, I don’t think it quite measures up to GB or BM66....it’s not as vibrant and the Marilyn ramp decal is bad. A lot less of her would have been my choice. I’m in on a purchase but just interested in what you all think.

Leaks always look like shit,

The Munsters pinball in real life will really pop. The art looks beautiful, Franchi has a ton of talent.

Pinheads are gonna go nuts for The Munsters

Lots of shots for a Pro,

Can't wait to see Prem/Le and what JB has done for the lower playfield

Would be so cool to get a proper reveal before Christmas.

#2108 5 years ago

Oh wow, the lower playfield will omit the groovy characters.
Hope there is something super cool under there

#2110 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Fantastic pick up.. I hope not! That will not go good with my OCD..!

Don't worry mate
It should be to standard scale.
There will be no downsizing on this bad boy.
Looking forward to seeing you get you LE

#2151 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My main issue with all Stern tables, is the lack of interactive toys. If I’m going to pay Sterns high asking prices, it better be more than artwork underglass. They better have worlds under glass, loaded with interactive toys like JJP. Im not trying to turn this into JJP vs Stern. JJP has upped the game for sure. An empty play field is not very pinball like and especially in the 21st century. I know the pics are low Rez and maybe the high Rez will change minds, but the PF looks rather empty and more in the vain of the Beatles table. I love the Munsters show. It’s a classic, so I really want to like this table. Will hold full judgement till complete reveal and play is shown. Stern is smart to piece meal the reveal to us.
I own Batman 66 and love the table theme integration. But it has some motorized active toys. Penguin crane is one of the all time best and the bat cave turntable another quality motorized toy. Munsters beside it would look nice. So here’s hoping full reveal looks better and full demo shows more motorized toys.

Yeah, a lot of people bag the Toy Maker

George is awesome though

Another true champion of pinball !

grg (resized).jpggrg (resized).jpg
#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Munsters is going to be epic i really do. I wont lie to you though, after seeing and playing MBR last night im lusting over it quite a bit. It may very well be the most beautiful pinball machine that ive ever laid my eyes upon!

Yep,

We are all down for some serious eye candy
The home run for The Munsters will be the sexy, popping Franchi art.
Smooth JB flow with a stack of cool shots. Awesome funny call outs !

The hype indicates the lower playfield may deliver the killer blow ?
If the lower playfield does deliver the goods, 2 flippers, targets, pop ?? subway, shute ? ( wow i'm buzzing, lol ). MuNST ( someone come up with a better acronym please ) stands to be a BIG seller !
the final piece will be cool audio. Really need you audio guys to deliver on this one

Finally Stern pinball
Can you please up the ante with build quality and develop sound mechanisms.
The electronics hardware looks sound, please provide support for this by providing schematics as promised.

I appreciate you listen to feedback and try to correct hardware issues.

Don't forget to treat the LE buyers with the complete suite of extras please.

Bring on The Munsters 2019 AWESOME !

1 week later
#2477 5 years ago

The Munsters theme integration and gameplay will be awesome.

I think it's great Stern will wait to get the reveal right and smart marketing will pay off.

For some strange reason I picture the lower playfield with 1 flipper only, was still cool though.

I am happy to see QC has improved for Stern , considering the amount of machines they move there appears to be few reported issues. ? Checked DPLE the other day the finish was nice, however the games are getting lighter and I am not a fan of playfield cratering.

The only thing that is letting Stern down is their playfields and some new component build quality. Assembly team seems to have it down

The materials supply team need to go back to the factories in China and make sure the component quality improves.

#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

1 flipper? Surely not.

Yeah hope im wrong

#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I do too. Why are you thinking that?

Multiple shots can be made from 1 flipper and it would increase lower PF real estate.

I know it does sound strange, unsure what im thinking, lol

#2595 5 years ago

C'mon Stern !!

The cat is out of the bag.

How bout a proper press release before Christmas and aim for shipping in the new year !

I am dying to see the Prem/LE art and playfield !

gp (resized).jpggp (resized).jpg
#2753 5 years ago

Can't wait to see The Munsters Premo and LE The Pro as well

I just hope the team has some better QC and uses more reliable mechs.

I just spent another 2hrs tonight trying get my IMDNLE to play right.

IMDN is such an awesome game, just so disappointing that its let down by a couple of poor choices with mech design and some junk materials provided from supplier/s.

So far I have burned over 12hrs to get IMDN playing properly, so @ $80ph (conservative tech rate here ) that's almost a grand in time !
Pleased to say I am almost there.

It;s funny how it played well out of the box, then went to shit after a handfull of games.

So far I have less the 100 games and been spending most time trying to get Auto launch and power orb to function as intended.

I found lower pop fail tonight with broken wire between coil and lug.
Removed newton assy again, cleaned and adjusted. All working a lot better now.
IMDN requires some more code and a hardware fix for the auto launch and newton balls.

Anyway rant off about Maiden, no doubt you will hear about it again but i'll take it to the right thread.

The reason I bought the IMDN problems up here is I do not want to see Munsters fans spending more time under the hood than playing the game.
I think that's why i'm glad for the release delay because it's best to get the game right and be 100% sure owners and distributors will not be left with headaches.

if Stern is reading this please don't leave your customers in a bad place with their new Munsters
Get on to your component providers and get em to beef things up, not trim them down,
We want good design with reliability please.

It's not fair to new pinball owners, in particular those who are not mechanically or technically minded to have to deal with this crap.

Get it sorted before shipping please Stern.

#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

One of the reasons I buy Pro models along with the pricing factor. Also in general, most Pro's shoot and flow better too in my opinion and experiences.

Pros are usually faster and more brutal though.

I think the real fun factor comes from interactive toys and mechs,

As long as the game is not too stop/start and said toys/mechs work as intended of course

#2762 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because it’s true. Just saying don’t be surprised if Munsters needs lots of tweaking too.

Perhaps initial tweak/s, sure yes

But ongoing problems due to weak hardware, some of it cheap and poor design are unacceptable for a machine that costs close to 10K

#2766 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Amen to all of that! Been working on my IMDN tonight as well. My mummy ball is sticking and like an idiot i boogered up the switch closest to it on the sarcophagus lock so now looks like i may have to pull the sarcophagus out to put a new switch in. Pretty sure this is going to be a major pain in the ass. My fault but if the newton balls wasnt shitty i wouldnt have been messing with it in the first place. The Newton balls need to be redesigned and Stern should ship out two of them to every Premium and LE owner out there! Absolutely horrible design and they fuckin knew it and shipped the games out anyway. Im a big supporter of Stern but that pisses me off big time.

Hope you get it sorted soon,

The game is not fun when things don't work as intended.

Lucky this is such a great forum where people help each other out to fix these kinda problems.

In IMDN's case as you said, we really need Stern to step in with finished code and a couple of hardware fixes.

#2818 5 years ago

For me it appears the insert may be the problem

20181220_194337 (resized).jpg20181220_194337 (resized).jpg
#2957 5 years ago

Lets have a guess on code

My guess is 0.98

There has been a long grace for this team

So guessing code will be up there

#3085 5 years ago

I'm glad Stern is having a well earned break.
It is important to have a rest from work and reconnect with family and friends especially this time of year.

Also this will give Zach a little more time to give The Munsters reveal it deserves.

Great reveal, developed code, great integration with animations and gameply, sound mechs we already know the art will be killer.
TM = Instant success

Guessing week 2 or week 3 of January for reveal.
Distributers need a Christmas break as well and a chance to get set for the inrush. No point having a reveal if distros are closed.

LE's will be on the line and all will be spoken for within 2 days of reveal
Bring it on

#3088 5 years ago

A good reveal would consist of the following.
Firstly and perhaps most importantly, reveal all 3 models simultaneously.
Provide accurate details of all 3 models features matrix. And SRP for each
No more price games please Stern.
Have a press release with a handful of nice hi res photos for each model. No need to go crazy with dozens of photos, leave a little to the imigination.
Finally a short well produced video 1-2 minutes showing gameplay with some good audio quality to match.
Pro will be fine, give the LE and Premium buyers the chance to figure and imagine gameplay from photos.

Again I love JD and what he does but to see the game unfold on reveal would not be so cool for me.
Give it a few weeks at least. Let owners discover their game and then go hardcore with a full stream please JD.

#3089 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Completely ignore CES and wait until then? Makes no sense.

Yes.
show reveals are are never good
There opportunity is never available to appreciate the game
Big crowds, lots of noise, huge queus to have a 2 minute flip.
Then opinions are cast with no decent experience.
Can't say I have ever seen a good show reveal of a Pinball ?

#3177 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All of this stuff really had me scratching my head wondering if i will like the black and white, which model will be black and white etc. Part of me thinks the game should be black and white but then i think to myself that it would probably look like shit but i think the screen animations should definitely be black and white show clips.........all this shit gives me a headache and i wish it would just reveal so that we will all know.

Don't worry , there will be no B&W Munsters pinball

#3218 5 years ago

Pumped for this Borg Masterpiece

Finally a right ramp I can nail

m1 (resized).JPGm1 (resized).JPG

#3222 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just need to see some decent released pictures!

yeah I think Zach will get this one right

Zac has to evolve to be Sterns marketing muscle. Hes gonna have to pull out big guns to go up against Deeproot

JJP might get it right as well ?

The New pinball scene is gonna get heavy mid 2019 !

#3282 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Looks like Munsters will be at the CES show next week!
Press release from Stern:
Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,
Stern Pinball announces today that we will be exhibiting at this year’s
Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, January 8th-11th, at booth 21800 in
South Hall 1 for our biggest presence yet.
This year’s booth presentation will be showcasing our one-of-a-kind Beatles
pinball machine as well as unveiling our newest game on Tuesday, January
8th, at 11:00am PST. The unveiling will be streamed live by Twitch
celebrity, Jack Danger, on his Twitch TV channel, Dead Flip
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip.
Along with bringing pinball machines for attendees to play, we will also be
showcasing the Stern Pinball Arcade, the company’s latest digital offering
for pinball enthusiasts and gamers.
Please read the attached press release for additional details.
You can also follow this event on our social media sites.

Yep JD been destroying this one for 3 months already

Great, show the whole game ............

#3461 5 years ago

Munsters Premium in full B&W would be a fail.
On the other hand if carefully done with splashes of color it might be okay.
The general consensus is against B&W and I would be very surprised if Stern takes this path.
B&W with splashes of color for display and cabinet. Sure it could work.
My gut feeling says all models will be in glorious full color.
I really hope that they release all models together
Staggered release like Maiden really sucked.

#3576 5 years ago

I like many others are very excited for the stream.
As I mentioned before I am not a fan of live stream reveals.
Happy that JD is on the case and possibly played the shit out of Munsters already ?
So this is where stream reveals are not appealing to me as JD destroyed DP on reveal and the only thing that was really reveled was underdeveloped code.
I have no doubt that Munsters code will be further along. I just hope Jack does not blow it up and give away all the goods.
I guess my easiest solution would be not to watch
But I have to
The anticipation is killing me

#4279 5 years ago

#4361 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, they had a very good version, and they ruined it by overworking it. Simpler casket was better.

LE Sold out

Can't be that bad.

Agree though, perhaps the mark was missed on this one LE cab ? ( For me the RED on screen don't look right) I am sure it would be stunning in real life, but yeah ?

Remove the Red........ Jazz up the speaker panel and sexy up the headbox side art would be 10/10

Is what it is and reckon MunstLE shapes up to be 9.5 +..... So Cool..... Mr Franchi you are a Champion !

LE owners will still be super stoked to have a very limited and cool model !

I will admit digging the Pro cab art the most.

Curious to know if there was direction or tough decisions to be made leading to agony or extasy for the final product ?

Looking forward to CF's next interview.

Man, I love LE's and wish I had space and cash for this Monster !

Awesome work JB and team !

OMG and final Edit

C'mon Stern its 2019 now lets please loose the crappy Yellow cards

Certainly LE buyers deserve something special

And Pro Premo purchasers deserve better as well, C'mon , that's an easy fix

MunLE (resized).JPGMunLE (resized).JPGhead (resized).JPGhead (resized).JPG

MunLE2 (resized).JPGMunLE2 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#7636 5 years ago

Did/will Uncle Gilbert ( Creech) make it to code ? Could be super funny

The Munsters Pinball is stunning congrats all new and upcoming owners !

Unc 2 (resized).jpgUnc 2 (resized).jpgUnc 3 (resized).jpgUnc 3 (resized).jpgunc gil 1 (resized).jpgunc gil 1 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RA77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=RA77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.