(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monte.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#582 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

So ....
The LE has brass trim, 'brass' powder legs, and what looks like a gold coin door. Backglass looks off too.
The Premium has bright purple lockdown bar and rails, black hinges, and anthracite legs. Looks absolutely bizarre.
Neither has lollipop rails.
Both look bad even for renders. Gonna say this is either fake or they won't have those trim options. Also can't see Stern going for a full black and white display. That would put a lot of people off and would be far too big a risk.
If this does come from Stern, it's either an early mock up or they're blowing smoke. More likely, given the mess, it doesn't.

What are you smoking from those coffee shops in Amsterdam? They both look great. The show is in black and white.

#586 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It looks like it was mocked up from various assets (genuine or not) in 5 minutes in Photoshop, with a bunch of inconsistencies.
As someone else pointed out, there aren't even any flipper buttons on the LE. Neither have lollipop rails. If this is from Stern and actually real rather than misinformation, you can only take this as vaguely indicative because of how rough it is.
If this looks "great" in the form presented, then Stern better cease their recent cosmetic efforts, as it's a waste of time.

It is a leaked mock up. It looks great in the direction it’s heading.

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I concurr. If this is what people throw 10k at, then Gary Stern is right: why bother doing anything right if crap sells just as good. It feels like after every new pin is released the only thing that matters is the next one. Very sad.

It’s a good thing you will not be buying it. You be a lot happier, as it won’t clash with your decor.

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

And both look great from an art perspective, Premium looks sweet and the LE although not my favourite of the two fits the theme really nicely for those that’s want that old school look to go with the theme, another job well done by Franchi imo!

Spot on!

#598 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If genuine, of course. But people are taking these as gospel. They're very obviously very quickly cobbled together in Photoshop.

Relax, only you were taking it to the interpretation of a gospel.

Regardless, of the level of refinement in photoshop of a rough comp/mock up for design evaluation. Pinsiders, simply championed the ideas and direction that they viewed.

4 months later
#4850 5 years ago

I’m in! On a pro! Starting the club!

#5364 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Overwhelming view from EAG, epic art, lower playfield is a miss, game is way too easy, needs urgent code work, perhaps even a rethink! Great shots and fun to play but really shallow.

Dood, what way do you think Dwight could add or improve on? You say re-think? Was it that bad? Give us some more info.

#5698 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

From the Dwight interview, he said there was no extra wizard mode for finishing the objectives. Munsters of Rock is achieved by just starting all the character modes. Same goes for Munsters of Rock 2 and 3. I have to believe that future code releases will have at least one more wizard mode based on completing all the modes otherwise this game will be a disappointment. Dwight talked about switching it up to more basic code for people who didn't like the complex code of GOT or SW, but the simple truth is that we like complex code if it's done right.
Since I bought TWD premium, no new Stern has been more fun to play. So I've stuck with my TWD for almost 3 years because I still prefer to play it more than any Stern that has come out since. It doesn't help that Lyman has been stuck coding that turd layout BM66 for fricking forever. Even Lyman can't polish a turd. Borg/Lyman is the combination I'm holding out for. I was really hoping that Lyman would be on Munster code. I would have ordered the premium day 1. I'm just not a fan of Dwights code.

Guess what, Lyman owns that turd. That’s right! It’s in his house, part of his collection. Hey wait, didn’t everyone think TWD was a turd when it first hit the street? A lot of time went by with that one too!

#5764 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

News flash - lots of the components in Stern pins are made in China already. Only the big stuff (cab, playfield, etc) is made in the USA (though I'm also not 100% sure the playfield blanks aren't imported from other countries). The machines are basically assembled in the USA from a mix of US/Chinese parts.

The only things on the pin frabricated outside of the US are the molded toys and the board components. 97 - 95 % is sourced in the country it’s made.

#5766 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Stern's major markets are USA and EU.
Pinball machines are heavy and fragile. It makes sense them to build them as close to your customers as possible.
Now one could ask "why Illinois?" but I'd imagine Gary feels a sense of pride in keeping pinball manufacturing in its historical home.
Also if you want to attract and hire creative talent you need to be in a desirable / big city. Remember you're not just convincing a programmer to work there but their spouse as well! How many of your wives would want to move to China?

Yeah, yeah, yeah Benjamin we all get it already, you hate Illinois. However, you are correct on the big city. Motorola moves from the burbs into the city for one of those reasons. They were having a hard time recruiting new talent that did not want to spend 2 hours in traffic commute back and forth. That would be a lot of wasted time getting wasted on your wonderful Wussconsin beer!

#5776 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66: I could give two shits who likes a game or not. They're wrong. The layout sucks and the code can't fix it. Nuff said.

Yes, that’s why you enlightened us with this logical defensive gem. It says a lot.

1 week later
#6513 5 years ago

It’s all a games appeal of theme, sounds, layout, art, etc. vs boredom, rather than code depth. AFM, CFTBL, MM, MB fantastic layouts and just enough for one more game. Easy, not hard but simple code and it all works together for the show of that, “World under glass”.

TOTAN, TOM, SS, CV have what the above four have. However, something is slightly off. They end up sometimes for short time in a collection and not near the very top of polls or opinions of the hobby.

I’m waiting for my Munsters. I started the club. I’m slightly nervous by the incoming responses of code from peoples opinions I respect. I wasn’t exactly expecting Star Wars code depth. However, I’m hoping it functions like the first four classic games I mentioned. Fingers crossed.

#6583 5 years ago

This below, has helped me to decide and put the brakes on a purchase. I’m still very interested in the game. Again, someone respected with honest perception has furnished essentially a evaluation that Neil and others have implied regarding the code with the shots. Perhaps, Stern will keep this code for route and have a second code for the home market.

Greg’s initial perspective.

“ Sooooo......the game is absolutely beautiful looking. No denying that. From layout of art to the quality of the characters. Sterns art quality is becomeing top notch on there cabs. Super glossy and rich colors.
The lay out is very nice. The flow is smooth. The orbits are fast. The ramps are balls out amazing. Both are way faster then expected. The left is steeper then expected but requires very little effort to get up. Even with a back hand if you get it just to the top it will work it’s way around. Love seeing that. Again I can’t stress enough how fast and smooth these ramps are!!! Another shot I Love is going into the pops. Such a tight little area but the ball goes right in. Just to the left the Kitty shot is great. Tough little shot!
It’s just a super fast pin. Wasn’t expecting it! My only complaint about layout is it feels like there is very little to shoot at. But that’s wrong ha ha. I counted 11 shots/openings on Munsters and the same on Guardians but for some reason it feels there is more to shoot at on Guardians.......?
Munsters is also no slouch. It’s not the wide open easy shooter you would think it is. It can be tricky getting your shots down. But man when you do it’s combos heaven and with that speed if you get it rolling good youll have a ball get by you with out even knowing it happened.
The light show is killer. Great stuff even though it is by far the darkest damn stern ever. Not just in the middle. Every one that’s played it at my House didn’t hardly notice spot pop up it’s so dark! But again the light show its self is great.
The zap button is a cool edition. But to utilize it you have to be quick and hit it often. I know like it but I know some won’t!
Now the code......! I just don’t know how I feel. I enjoy the risk reward and I like having the progressing of of shoots being worth more in a mode the more you hit. That’s nice. Plus I love that the shots are all color coded for easy understanding of that progression. Spot is probably my favorite mode. It actually feels like a mode. And fun to run through. My chief complaint is like most. Just too easy to run through the modes.Even with it being more about points it’s disappointing to see most of the game so quickly. Maybe make it so I have to at least complete the modes rather than just start them. Again I know it’s more about points and how you do in the modes but just personal preference.
I got to level 2 Munster madness the third day owning it. I personally couldn’t identify really any difference from level one game play to level 2. That being said it’s still a fun pin. But something is missing in that code. It’s missing the mystery of what’s to come as you progress through the game. Mode or points I want to see some thing different the longer I play. I want to see or at least feel a change in call outs or something. The game has a lot of unique things about it that really separate it! So I’m super excited to see what’s to come with it “

2 weeks later
#7393 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Man the pissing contest in this thread between opinions is getting tiresome. I agree with those that say state your opinion and let it go! We don’t need 20 posts of the same opinion. We get it - some of you love this game, some of you hate it. Welcome to pinball! The variety in designs, layouts and themes leaves something for everyone. If you don’t like this game, don’t buy it. Isn’t that simple?

It’s not a simple solution. Most of the opinions are people who want it be as perfect as possible. I’ve been waiting and drooling over this theme. I want to buy this game. However, the positive position on this game as described by a lot of people has been nothing more than the beauty & fun. That’s one half of the equation. The common takeaway issue, appears to be the negative of simplicity due to layout and code and that boredom plagued a lot of machines. With limited space and the price of these machines that’s not something you could just buy and decide you want to get rid of it in a week or two.

As a person who was about to have a hair trigger purchase on this game, I think it’s important to read these opinions. Obviously, I’ll make the decision, when I play it myself. However, it’s caused me to slow down and I appreciate these opinions for that.

#7417 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes I agree everyone’s opinion is welcome. But that opinion does not need to be stated over and over. Once you are on record how you feel, what else can you add? Furthermore, it seems that one should withhold judgment until actually playing the machine. The most useful opinions and reviews for all of us are from those who have already played this pin.

Umm, it’s a forum. That’s what happens, regardless if repetitive.

fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

You are correct about the second furtherance. They hold the truest value.

#7419 5 years ago

You’re welcome! Thanks, for the repetition of repeating yourself! It works!

#7422 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You're Pinsiding all wrong bro
Either you LOVE it & defend it
Or
You HATE it & all those who disagree with you
Being indifferent or logical about a new game is just unacceptable

You Munster! How dare you!

#7423 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Let's be redundant and argue about opinions being redundant arguments about redundant topics!

Let’s!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monte.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=Monte and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.