(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MapleSyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3237 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Hes gonna have to pull out big guns to go up against Deeproot

I really hope this was sarcasm.

When Deeproot delivers ONE pinball machine... we can reassess!

#3363 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

don't think a single Beatles has sold in the UK...

They weren’t popular there.

#3481 5 years ago

I’m totally stoked about a black and white Edition. I think it’s going to look KILLER.

Everybody always has a reason ready for why they’re “Out” on the latest Stern.

It’s too expensive
It’s too colourful
It’s too black and white
It’s too complicated
It’s too simple
It’s too much like layout X
The Layout is too different
Theme is not for me
It’s my dream theme, but I don’t like what they did with it.

Tell yourself the truth... the real reason you’re “Out”, is that you were never buying it in the first place!!

Stern is releasing ANOTHER great pinball machine, and because I’m crazy about pinball... I couldn’t be more excited!

#3513 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Insulting and disrespectful to the members of pinside. Lots of NIB buyers on here.

That was the intention!! Haha.

Yes, there are LOTS of NIB buyers here, and there is an overwhelming negative chorus who just shit on everything, no matter what.

I’ve said it MANY times... I simply don’t get it. If you hate modern Sterns... why spend so much time in these threads?!

I personally LOVE these machines. I also love Early SS games, and a lot of EMs.

If I don’t like a game... I spend exactly ZERO time talking about it.

I’m very excited for Munsters. Can’t wait to see it in person, and flip it.

If somebody ISN’T interested in this release... what the hell are they doing here?!

I Know, I know. It’s a forum... people can say what they want. I GET that. I just don’t get why people focus on things they don’t like, instead of things they do.

Tuesday will come, and so will all the same reactions. I know I’m an idiot for wishing it was any different... or a glutton for punishment!

Bring on another new pin! I can’t wait to check it out!

#3515 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yea...just an ignorant statement....
On a positive note, hoping for a reveal in under 48 hours..whatever the hell it is...

I feel terrible for insulting the collective wisdom of this hallowed ground.

Dude, give it a frikkin rest.

I am many things... but “Ignorant” isn’t one of them!

I just get tired of the relentless stream of “Reasons” why the latest thing I’m actually excited about has fallen short for people... before they’ve laid eyes on it, and WAY before they’ve flipped it.

Happy Flipping everybody. I can’t wait to see Munsters in person!

#3520 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Umm...forget it...not worth the bandwidth ....Bears and Eagles now

Forgotten, moving on! I assume that was a football reference... sorry, I’m a hockey guy!

Hatchet buried. Sorry for the squabble everybody!

Back to Munsters. Oh ya... there’s no information yet!

I personally hope the Premium is the B&W. That would be my choice, and I don’t need it to be limited.

Plus, as somebody mentioned, Stern could always do a colour Premium release later.

#3758 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So is it vector or just grayscale art?

Was the original show Vector art or Grayscale??!!

#3782 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The original show was video, which is apples and oranges to drawn, screened, or vectorized art.

I concede. Your point is well made.

Your hypothetical opinion of how the art MIGHT look depending on how they may or may not have created it is a rock solid analysis of the aesthetics of the actual machine.

I’m no longer interested in seeing it.

That’s how convincing you are, Sir.

Happy reveal day, Everybody!

#4124 5 years ago

A few thoughts

Black and White Premium looks KILLER!!!

Gosh Bless Jack, Zach and Gary for the makeup presentation. Very fun!

Lower playfield looks like a blast to play. I think if used judiciously, it’ll be great fun! Multiball?! Wow. Love how it’s not just a shoehorned in pinball gimmick. It’s “Grandpa’s Machine”!!

John Borg for the win... Again!!!

#4753 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check out the "cookie cutter crap" on ACDC overlaid on Munsters above. Layouts match almost exactly.

It takes a big person to admit when they were wrong, as you did with the artwork.

Interesting that you then chose to pivot quickly and find something else to be negative about! I look forward to your realization that despite rudimentary similarities, this machine plays NOTHING like an ACDC.

Look, the only difference is there's an extra couple of shots... and instead of stand up targets, there's a scoop!... and the flippers are positioned differently... and the targets are at different angles... and the ramp returns are completely different... and the top lanes are different... and the bash toy has a magnet... and the CODE is a radical departure.

Waste of money... just get a used ACDC!

#5226 5 years ago

This 500 vs 600 LEs scandal has rocked me to my core. It’s shaken the very foundations of my existence. It’s not that I don’t know if I can trust Stern anymore... I don’t know if I can trust ANYTHING anymore?!!

2 weeks later
#6146 5 years ago

The only thing crazier than buying an LE before you’re ever flipped a game, is letting somebody else’s impression of said game determine how you feel about it.

This place gets nuttier every day.

This machine is super fun to play.

If you don’t love it, then sell it after enjoying it for a while. How much of a hit are you realistically going to take?! A couple of hundred bucks? You might make a bit of money, or break even. Nobody knows.

The question isn’t, “Is it 8K worth of fun?!”... The question is “Is it (hmmm, anywhere from $300 to me making a few bucks) worth of fun”

When was the last time somebody bought an LE and sold it for ZERO dollars?! The “value” discussion is so pointless. It’s totally out to lunch.

This theme is perfect for pinball. The Black and White Premium is a standout design wise, and people are clamouring for LEs.

Another Stern Homerun, and the accompanying Pinside freakout!!

I can’t wait to play it again.

#6151 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No offense intended here, but we both know you can afford that easily. When that kind of money isn't an issue it's easy to play with it. There's a lot of hype and magical thinking on Pinside that kind of assumes everyone has thousands to throw around, and losing money a month later if you get bored is whatever. The value discussion being called pointless is frankly a privileged attitude. You know I like and respect you too, so don't take it personally, but come on.
I begrudge no one their wealth, or decision to blow it all on toys. Live your life. I agree that the negative feedback loop can get tiring. But I also think the hype loop is just as bad, and there's no reason to berate people for saying "slow down a bit". If we're not here to share and listen then what's the point?

Anybody who BUYS a pinball machine is coming from a position of ridiculous privilege. Gimme a break.

I’m not speaking from a position of “I don’t give a shit about a few thousand dollars here and there. Of course I do.

I’m speaking from a position of, I’ve NEVER lost more than a couple of hundred dollars on a machine in 20 years of collecting. Sometimes I’ve made a few bucks, most times broken even. It all comes out in the wash. I’m happy to be a respected member of a local community that enjoys hosting, and participating in local events. I help out people whenever I can. I love pinball. I can’t seem to get enough of it.

I’m lucky. I have lots of machines. If I’m not enjoying them though... I sell them. Around 50 in the last 6 years or so.

If somebody bought a WWE... that’s on them!!

Im not part of a Hype loop, I just love pinball, and modern machines are my favs. I’m genuinely excited about this machine.

I’m making Gary Proud??! He frickin’ well should be proud!! He’s running a pinball company producing 10,000 plus machines a year in a time when most of the planet doesn’t even know pinball exists!! (Pinside argument to ensue about how many Stern is ACTUALLY producing!)

You guys need to lighten the frick up and enjoy yourselves. There’s nothing worse than turning something SO GREAT in to something so full of bitching and moaning and stress.

I haven’t ordered a Munsters. I probably will, but I’m going to need to put more time on it. I’d probably go for the Premium as I love the BnW art package. If I miss out on an LE... I don’t give a crap.

#6493 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

When updating the code, do you have to switch the dip switch settings? I have the usb in, turn on the game and it just boots right up. Bypasses the usb..
[quoted image]

Make sure you have only the .spk file(or files) on the root level of the thumb drive. They can’t be in a folder of any sort. Often the Stern Update files unzip to a folder. Drag them out of the folder to the root level of the USB drive.

2 weeks later
#7442 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

150 pages started over one game holy smokes

If you think these 150 pages have been about ONE game, I’d like to congratulate you for missing the last 149!

2 weeks later
#7865 5 years ago

OMG... that game is unplayable.

What is it??! Leprosy??!!

Until Stern can make a a clear coat that is literally stronger than STEEL... I’m out!

If you don’t want to see minuscule imperfections in your game, then I highly advise against shining a bright light, and viewing the game at a close up oblique angle.

This is not a pinball problem, it’s a lighting problem!

#7978 5 years ago

I got a chance to play a friend’s LE yesterday. STUNNING machine.

It shoots SO smoothly. Really beautiful. I love the layout. I wish there was a way to give some heft to the shots on the lower playfield. Perhaps just a sonic solution?

I actually found the game quite difficult at first. I was getting my ass handed to me! I didn’t even start a multiball in my first 3 games!!! Then once I got a little better dialed in on the layout, I started to get things going.

I played perhaps 7-8 games in total, and had a blast. Can’t wait to play it again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MapleSyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=MapleSyrup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.