(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustLikeMe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5601 5 years ago

I played both the Pro and the Premium at EAG this week. For context, I was looking forward to this game - being 32 the TV show was a bit before my time so I don’t have any particular affinity to the theme, but I think that fun/campy horror works well with pinball so I was optimistic.

Unfortunately, I was totally underwhelmed and my first impression is that this is quite easily the weakest Stern in recent memory. I’m not a particularly great player and I had Munster Madness lit by the end of the first ball on my very first game - I started it immediately on ball two and then was left wondering what to do when it was over. I didn’t find the ‘journey’ to get to the mode particularly exciting or rewarding, so just doing it over again with more shots required didn’t really appeal. Felt like I saw most of what the game had to offer after 10 minutes, and didn’t find any of the modes particularly fun or inspiring. The layout isn’t particularly novel or satisfying to shoot apart from the ramps which are pretty great - very satisfying to hit and I love the 180 degree flip on the right ramp, which I hope we see again on another game in the future.

The Premium is a good looking machine even if the B&W doesn’t look quite as striking in person as it does in the promo pics. I do like the colour GI effects with the B&W art. The lower playfield just isn’t fun to play and from my perspective actively takes away from the game, but then again I felt the same about Stewie Pinball on Family Guy so if you were a fan of that you’ll probably enjoy it. Seeing as this is the only differentiating feature between the Pro and the Premium I would absolutely go with the Pro if the game was better, but at this point I’m just not interested in the slightest.

Ironically, I wasn’t that interested in The Beatles but enjoyed it much, much more than The Munsters. If they weren’t so expensive over here I may be tempted by one.

#5607 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Interesting. I felt just the opposite - much more striking in person.
Pretty much agree with everything else though have changed my mind from “too simple/easy/shallow” to “shallow may be ok in this case”.

It’s possible the the environment played a part - it was on a trade show floor so very bright which may not have done the B&W any favours. I’d like to see it in a dark room, may change my thoughts.

I don’t think every game has to be incredibly deep, but I just don’t think that what is there is much fun. There’s nothing really special or unique in the game. It just felt too familiar and uninspired. I wanted to like it but can’t imagine it not getting old very quickly.

Unfortunately I’m not alone in my thoughts here - I didn’t really hear any positive comments about it from those playing, and on the UK pinball forum most people who played it at EAG have shared similar thoughts. The only game I enjoyed less at the show was Thunderbirds.

#5611 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ouch! Now that one had to hit a nerve or two...
Waiting on TPF before I get to shoot one... but that IS a bold statement.

I mean it’s clearly in a different league to Thunderbirds. I played that out or morbid curiosity and was actively disappointed when I got an extra ball. The Munsters was good enough to play a few games at least but it didn’t draw me back. I just meant I enjoyed literally every other game at the show apart from Thunderbirds more than The Munsters - when you compare what you get with the LE compared to JJP POTC at around the same price it’s just crazy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustLikeMe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=JustLikeMe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.